[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in fo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: trading.png (188 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
trading.png
188 KB, 400x267
- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex trading ?
- What's techniques did you use ?
- With how much money did you begin ?
- Gives me advice for a beginner like me, please.

I am really sad when i read specialized forums in forex, why?
Because all the trading journal I read ends the same way :
They end up losing all their gains and have their account to 0 dollars, after 6 months or 1 year.

I need testimonials from people who really live forex successfully since several years.
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/70214-truth-about-forex-you-cant-become-rich.html

I think this method is the best to learn forex or index cfd:

Depositing tiny amount less than € 200 and try to make it grow until 1000, once in 1000 reached 900 withdraw.
With the remaining € 100, try to grow them again to € 1,000, remove 900 ... etc.
Do it 10 times successfully
Instead of dropping € 50,000, losing after six months, redeposit € 20,000 and lose again after one week.
>>
have an early bump for some dank indicators/strategies/experiences/insights bruh
>>
>>1108355
>I think this method is the best to learn forex or index cfd:

you need an edge, that is the important thing... whether you lose 50k from one deposit or lose it multiple small deposits you're still losing money... it isn't going to help much without an edge, you're still going to lose money in the long run just you'll lose it slowly if trading at a smaller size
>>
File: Photo01bbAnson45.jpg (73 KB, 1250x639) Image search: [Google]
Photo01bbAnson45.jpg
73 KB, 1250x639
>>1108355
You make this thread over and over. I run risk management for a small-cap manufacturer. You know what forex is for? It's for billion-dollar MNC's to hedge against currency and inflation risk in thier other dealings. They DO NOT make a profit.

You want to retail trade? Here's a metaphor for you: there are 10 ww2 destroyers in a circle, all firing on each other. A-10's are flying around overhead, trying to pick off anything they can. You're in the middle, hanging off a buoy with one hand, trying to skip pebbles with the other. You make a profit if one of your pebbles skips half a mile into a hole in the hull of one of the ships.
>>
File: BatistaFireSquad.jpg (99 KB, 979x576) Image search: [Google]
BatistaFireSquad.jpg
99 KB, 979x576
>>1110770
Oh what's that? You have less than $25,000 dollars and you don't use a broker with true, direct ECN access? I'm sorry, the above metaphor was way off.

There's a firing squad with revolvers, each revolver has one bullet in it. The squad is laughing hysterically. They're taking turns pulling the trigger at the guy blindfolded and chained to a wall. The bet is who's bullet will go off first. You're the guy chained to the wall, and the firing squad are your brokers.
>>
>>1110770
Hedges can generate profits and losses, that's actually irrelevant. Forex charts still look like people are trying to make money, just like with any other markets.
>>
>>1108355
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-02-18/fx-traders-facing-extinction-as-computers-replace-humans
>>
File: 1373211782048.jpg (19 KB, 403x433) Image search: [Google]
1373211782048.jpg
19 KB, 403x433
>>1110788
Your memetic skills are impressive, as your fantasy.
MM brokers are ok when you use small sums to learn the ropes, and protect against negative balance. The fact that you mentioned algos means that you nothing and just regurgitate memes for the sake of it. Algos just affect intraday/news volatility, trade longer timeframes to avoid them

Forex (as for any other market) can be a source of profits if you can exploit large trends, provided you know what underpins them and where and how they are likely to stop and reverse. In other words,understanding how long tail distributions work and react accordingly.

As per OP, he is some barely literate indian/arab with 20$ to spend on the markets and will just blow up. He keeps posting this shit daily, he doesn't want to do research, and thinks markets can be tamed with a one size fits all strategy that will be graciously gifted upon him by some anonymous neet shitposter.
But nvm, his delusions and his threads keep attracting the bottom of the barrel of this merry board so it's fun to watch anyway
>>
Daily reminder that TA isn't viable in the long term and you can't make money without a solid knowledge of market microstructure
>>
File: sYxGYGZ.jpg (217 KB, 735x960) Image search: [Google]
sYxGYGZ.jpg
217 KB, 735x960
>>1111116
Alright ya got me, I don't run risk, I just really wanted to make those metaphors. I was in OP's shoes once upon a time but I actually did a lot of my homework (enough to know I wasn't gonna get anywhere with my $500) and I'm currently taking a class on corporate currency hedging.

I didn't post about algos though, did you get that from my mention of ECN access?

Anyway, I'll take a look at the whole long-tail thing, what drives trends. I figure I ought to supplement the fundamentals I'm learning* with some TA. Any suggested reading/blogs/terms to seach? You seem knowledgable enough for someone posting on /biz/.

*Fucking tenured Uni profs refuse to acknowledge TA as a useful supplement/that fundamentals!= actual market activity. Hell the book the class uses is built entirely on the theory of international parity conditions, but partially discredits its relevance with historical data in the same chapter the theory is introduced. Then it goes on to say "lol but its the best model we got so fuck it, here's 700 more pages about it". The profs skim right over this and encourage students that Excel's TVM is an end-all predictor of the future. Fuck.
/end rant
>>
Stop posting this thread every goddamn day. It's impossible to make a profit in forex unless you can solve PDEs numerically with MATLAB and write entire C++ programs for it, which you obviously can't because otherwise you'd have a job instead of asking here.

Also if someone here had a working strategy, why on earth would they tell you?

My advice to you is to get a real job, and buy normal stocks of companies you've researched on a fundamental level.
>>
everyone that trades fx in a discretionary trade all end up in the same 3 fucking crowded trades like swissy carry a year ago and they all get fucked
>>
>>1112543
>It's impossible to make a profit in forex unless you can solve PDEs numerically with MATLAB and write entire C++ programs for i

stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about - solving PDEs has fuck all to do with trading 'forex'... you're confusing yourself over the skills a sell side quant needs for derivatives pricing and what a buy side quant would need to develop a systematic trading strategy for FX... PDEs have fuck all to do with it
>>
objective forex dot com.
>>
>>1112735
Ssssssh I was trying to scare OP so he stops posting this thread every fucking day.
>>
>>1112746
I already tried that with
>>1110788
>>1110770
>>
Are there investors who support Bernie?
>>
>>1108355
i usually go long muhdik/yourmomsmouth
really good pair to trade
>>
>>1110788
>you don't use a broker with true, direct ECN access?

give me example of a good broker
>>
File: greed.jpg (297 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
greed.jpg
297 KB, 3264x2448
>>
File: 1364915470224.jpg (275 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
1364915470224.jpg
275 KB, 734x950
>>1112454
>enough to know I wasn't gonna get anywhere with my $500

Trend following trader you quoted here. It means you don't know enough yet. Keep looking. While i'm not spilling my beans on the strat i use since liquidity isn't exactly unlimited around a certain level (which is the reason why no sane successful trader will ever tell you jackshit online), i can give you some hints

>Technical analysis: Useless in forex, too many algos doing stop hunting around obvious breakout levels. Works with stocks/fixed income
>Fundamentals. They are useful only when enough people believe in them. Which is why you can get your longs busted on good news a lot of times
>Trend following and mean reverting strategies. They are apparently the opposite but they can be combined by fading the moves in the opposite direction of the main trend. At this point you just need a "trigger" to get in and a valid stop, above or below which your idea gets invalidated.
>Support and resistance. Watch out for 20 days max/min, they are very important (20 days=one market month) These are the places where trends will usually stop and reverse
>Quantitative side. Your strategy needs to be robust, non overfit and not completely automated. Automated strategies get eventually "absorbed" by the market when enough people use them. There must be a discretional element in your trading, but you need to be strict. Treat the strategy+yourself as the system you must be testing. Tweak accordingly. Keep a journal
>Psychology. You need balls of steel to ride big trends and lack of attachment towards the money you put in.

Homework: if you know how to code, try to set up an algo taking random trades with a fixed, relatively small stop and no take profits. You will see what i am talking about.
If you don't, open a demo account and try to wipe it out by trading. Try losing on purpose. You'll see how hard it is

Oh and praise the Emperor
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.