[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 980x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 980x450
Been searching for a new entry level job for the past six months while currently employed in what essentially feels like purgatory. My experience so far:

>find perfect jobs that would would make a great jumping off point, literal monkey work
>expect 3+ years of experience in a previous mid level position, while the job itself is junior level
>continue with application
>spend an hour filling out an experience form, despite my experience being clearly stated on my resume, so as their automation system can rule me out if I don't use 9 of their 10 key phrases in the job description
>after filling out EEOs and proclaiming myself as white male non-veteran scum, I can finally upload my resume and cover letter
>website doesn't accept PDFs, as they built the career page in the early 90s and clearly don't give a shit about interested employees
>type out all of my experience yet again in a text block
>press "Submit"
>page loads... And loads... And loads...
> "sorry, we fucked up. Please try that again."
>back to square one

Wake me up from this fucking nightmare
>>
>>1111360
>be me
>do an internship at a company
>go back to school
>get a call from company
>hey anon here's a job offer, you interested
>FuckinRightIam.jpg
>never had to deal with that website bullshit
>>
>>1111360
no one needs turbospergs with no skills to fill their job positions when there are plenty of skilled people out of work
>>
>>1111360
I'm on the same boat.
I have no experience; I'm dumb, ugly and have no social skills.
How the fuck can you even succeed when you either need 3-5 years of experience or a bachelors and usually they require both.
Are there even any jobs with LIVABLE wages for people with no exp or degree that isnt completely inaccessible to the majority of the public ? Does anyone know where to search for these so called jobs and how to get your dick in the door without having a relationship with the employer. Fuck nepotism, also hur dur i have a 88 IQ
>>
>>1111360

>Been searching for a new entry level job for the past six months

That's just the first milestone.

Try searching for a few years.

The hole just keeps getting deeper.
>>
>>1111490
Truck driver, nurse, engineer.
>>
>>1111360
>be me
>have no skills or education
>look through state run job site
>apply at realty brokerage firm because hiring and have no experience requirements
>get interview
>get job offer as Jr broker
>will train you for a year and pay you
>you just have to pass tests in a year

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, didn't even Google the job before the interview and they had a long ass interview process. Still just lied and bullshitted my way into the job. Probably hired to be a fall guy for some illegal shit or something.
>>
>>1111360
I feel you brother hahah
>>
>>1111506
How much do you get paid and if you don't feel like answering that; do you make a livable wage, assuming you are living alone.
>>
>>1111515
I don't mind answeting. It's 30k first year and then more after I'm certified. It's plenty for me to live on. You guys really should see if your state's have job sites. I spent ages applying on Craigslist and on websites to get nothing. First job I applied for on my state site and I get hired.
>>
>>1111490
>implying warehouse dogs don't make a "living wage"

If you sperglords have "no social skills" and no skills otherwise you can not expect to get jobs that require social skills.

My buddy is a recovering neet with social skills so shitty it gets him in trouble. After failing out of various jobs he got a gig in a warehouse and loves it. It pays well (all things considered), has good benefits, he doesn't have to talk to anyone, and the strange schedule does not interfere with his online gaming. A match made in heaven really.
>>
desu try temp agencies, I got a easy af desk job for bank of new york without an interview, and once I temped for 2 months, and boss saw I wasn't completely retarded, they hired me.

Only major downside is they jew you hard on salary, I only make 40k, and luckily live at home w/parents in a low cost of living area to save shekels

The job I was hired for "required" 3 years experience, and I only had 1 year post college + my internships
downsides are no health insurance when you temp
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.