[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ETH will never replace BTC, don't fall for the Bitcoin 2.0 scam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194 KB, 660x393) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194 KB, 660x393
Lots of samefags changing IDs shilling ETH, so take notes.

TC(ness) is not required for BTC and would very likely lead to unforeseen problems and instability (mostly related to the halting problem). Money isn't a computer.
They address halting by fee paying for interpreter cycles. When the fee runs out the contract is stopped.
But there are obviously interpreter escape dangers, which are harder to contain for a stateful, looping, low level (byte code like) language. Look at the history of java sandbox escapes. People say that was mostly due to call outs to complex native library have to look through the (large!) CVE database on JVM to figure out the stats. Also the pressure may have been lower. If you get real money under it all kinds of resources and unrevealed 0-days can leak out of the woodwork and create the new target for grey and black hats some of whom are world class at this stuff. Or even from national security network intrusion insiders with Snowden-level access or the people developing and selling grey market 0-day to the intelligence community etc. Those people are fallible humans too - they may succum to the financial motive, or the people who developed and sold them the 0-days may find a new monetization model, or second use for them (they cant "forget" them after sale).

There have also been VM escapes from full hw abstraction vms (i mean not just API sandbox light linux-in-linux virtuozzo but actual whole OS in the container).

And finally bitcoin scripting is functional, stateless and non-looping (non TC in fact also) for a reason. Bitcoin doesnt (and I think its intentional) have even extrospection. There are grey-goo outcomes if you are not careful with even something as constrained as an extrospection op code to existing language. There will be whole classes of not yet imagined grey goo opportunities lurking in a full TC language. You cant easily systematically defend against whole classes of such issues without intentional constrained language.
>>
>>1110662
TC = Turin Complete btw. It's one of the selling points by shills, yet they are low IQ enough to not understand that trying to create a bulletproof way to store your money under a TC machine is a fucking disaster, that's why ETH will have some niche usages for complex smart contracts, and that's all. Stop hoping for quote unquote Bitcoin 2.0, it's not gonna happen.

Bitcoin Script is strong enough to cover most cases of smart contracts, and sidechains are a redpill that most ETH bagholders will not swallow until they can't deny it anymore which will be pretty soon.
The actual scaling and usage of ETH is yet to be seen, don't fall for this.
>>
>>1110662
>>1110668

Lel, I'm not even sure where to begin

Literally every sentence you typed is bullshit
>>
damn someones really salty about missing the boat on ETH
>>
>>1110662
I worked with Java and JVM since 2007 and I can't even parse the bullshit you just typed in.
>>
>>1110686
>>1110694
>>1110731
ETH bagholders (potential samefag).
The struggle is real.
>>
File: wakemeup.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>1110662
eth is russian scam

buy vanilla for pump this weekend

alt are good for one thing, markets

a few good markets in long haul, but ether will be out beat by something better

>xem
>sia
>maid

ether was a stepping stone but alas will fall to 450k again

repeat vanilla will rise to 57k or more soon buy while you can
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 540x540
>>1110662
>>1110668
>>1110908
>>
>>1110921
You realize downs is caused by an extra chromosome right
>>
>>1110928
I didnt make that meme but i thought it was appropriate
>>
>>1110908
A few cons off the top of my head:

Ethereum has two implementations, there have already been several network forks due to subtle differences in the implementation. It would be naive in the extreme to think there would not be more.
Bitcoin was ruled as not been subject to VAT in the EU. If Ethereum is a 'fuel' rather than a currency, it might be viewed differently. That is to say, it's something that is consumed rather than a store of value. VAT is 23% here. It'll be an interesting case.
Ethereum, at the start at least, is centrally controlled... just in case something goes horribly wrong. What if some nefarious individual got control of those keys....
Ethereum, is PoW backed currently. We know from Bitcoin this will tend to centralisation, if successful. We know from other altcoins that if its not as successful, it is very vulnerable to 51% attack. Who would be able to launch such an attack? Maybe a large bitcoin miner, in whose interest ethereum's success, is not. Coincidentally those particular people have lots of old bitcoin mining capabilities! Handy that.
Most alt coins have a premine and then a relatively quick release. There isn't typically that much time that people have to hodl their coins and be prevented from realising their gain. The original 'investors' attitudes or situations may have changed since one year ago. No one really knows, who wants to sell, who wants to buy. There will be a lot of volatility in the first couple of months.
>>
Everyone knows that both are tanking by the end of March, so why bother?
>>
>>1110960
Thank you for your unfounded theories you pulled out of your ass.

The dip was caused by kraken going down. Perfect buying opportunity. A technical exchange glitch. Nothing wrong with ETH get cheap ETH buy buy buy
>>
>>1110990
Wrong, the dip was caused by the first wave of scammers needing their money back.
>>
1111111 get for gold
>>
>>1111010
>scammers
>best dev team crypto has ever put together
>>
1111111 get for monero
>>
ayyy lmao

BigGucciGet
>>
>>1111106
eth will drop heavily
>>
>>1110662
>>1110668
this is why i love /biz/

keep up the good work
>>
>>1111150
>good work

Whats that? Getting people to not invest in bitcoin 2.0?
>>
>>1111150
>>1110662 (OP)
There is a lot of shit to sift through but it is posters like these that keep me coming back.
>>
>>1110662
Hey cunt, why does Crypto/Sovereign still get a green box, it should be red like the rest.

fuck you and your Fucking mind games,
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.