[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In america, is college really the best choice in having a successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: ck.png (590 KB, 589x389) Image search: [Google]
ck.png
590 KB, 589x389
In america, is college really the best choice in having a successful life where you can afford to have a few children and a happy wife?
>>
Yes it is.

It's the easiest and just off guaranteed path to a middle class salary and lifestyle.

Depends what you're studying though of course.
>>
>>1102005
Depends what kind of person you are. Some people can make it without school but they are very rare. If you aren't exceptional I would just stick with the school then 9 to 5 life.
>>
>>1102005
Yes. Unless you start your own business which usually means college anyways and takes a lot of mental stress out on you and your family and they will start to resent you because you arent home that much and you'll promise you'll be better but you know its a lie because the business is hurting and you have clients that ask too much and dont pay enough but they are the only clients you have so yoh have to do whaf they say and it takes its toll on your pocketbook and makes you work extra hours making your kids cry and need therapy and your bitch wife just yells at you and tells you you're worthless and won't amount to anything so you shouldn't even try but its the only thing you ever do is try so you start drinking heavily and your wife and kids leave to you and take half of the business and take the house so you are drunk weeping in a shitty motel with no money no degree and no business until you eventually suck on the end of a shotgun and end it all

Go to college.
>>
>>1102005
Whatever you do, make sure you marry a bitch who graduated college. It also likely helps to have done so yourself.

>Some 78% of women with a bachelor’s degree are likely to stay married for 20 years if it’s their first marriage, versus just 40% of women in a first marriage with a high school degree or less; while 65% of men with a bachelor’s degree who are married for the first time are likely to stay married for 20 years versus 50% of men with a high school diploma or less.
>>
>>1102023
Or go to college for 4 years let have tons of stress for classes graduate stress about finding a job.finally you find a job oh boy you say now its time to start my life only then you realize your 9-5 cushy job is actually 8-6 if you want to stay valuable to a company that just uses you and you are working for an asshole boss who you know youre smarter than but by some twist of fate you are below him and your whole life gets drained away from you and you dont even want to go out on the weekends you just wanna do nothing whenever possible because your job is so straining and your only making enough to get a shit apartment, then you meet a girl and she makes you happy and you think wow this is it you get married and have kids and she wants a house but you cant afford that on your wage so you take out a mortgage and then she wants a new car so you get a loan amd each month your paycheck goes to paying off debt for things you didnt even want and your kids are ungrateful and your wife bitches at you for not having enough money and having no spine you start to drink heavily just to numb the pain, you go to work you grind, there is no room to move up your life is thr same you can only look forward to retirmentb ut you have to keep going cause of all your debt you decide the only way to fiz rhings is to put a shotgun in your mouth to give ur family insurance money if only you created your own business you couldve been your own man make your own hours make money for yourself where your job is proportional to how mucb work you put in how much money you get out
>>
>>1102023
>>1102044
So I'm fucked either way. Thanks /biz/ :)
>>
>>1102023
That is one long ass sentence. Where did you go to school bro?
>>
>>1102044
>Start your own business
>Work 80 hours a week for years
>It quite possibly fails
>Nothing to fall back on
>Commit suicide due to heaps of loans piling up, responsibilities and no way out

Just go to college ya fucking dolts. Stop trying to cheat the system. There's no fucking shortcut to what you want, stop looking for the easiest path, some sneaky shortcut overlooked by everyone else that will give you a leaping advantage over them.
>>
>>1102005
>happy wife
>in America
>>
>>1102059
>Nothing to fall back on

I'd rather have nothing than have nothing + a ton of debt.
>>
>>1102058
It was a hell of a lot longer than your sentence.
>grammarlets will defend this.
>>
>>1102167
I just think it's funny anons can't even use a period and they are giving advice on education.
>>
>>1102288
i dont want to use periods, you have enough for everyone.
>>
>>1102058
I believe it was purposely done to convey the long stream of thought as if it had been said in real life. Writing like this is fine.
>>
>>1102005
>is college really the best choice in having a successful life

depends on whether you choose a useful major that's in demand or whether you choose a garbage major that's just a useless piece of paper.
getting a BSc in electrical engineering is a very good start on the way to a successful life.
getting a BA in gender studies is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>1102005
I got my BA in sociology 8 years ago and my wife and her son and all very well off and happy.

Follow your passion and it will all work out in the end. Doing what you love isn't just a meme.
>>
>>1102005
>tfw no ethnically diverse group of friends to be unnaturally happy with
>>
>>1102163
if you can go to college and come out with nothing to stand on, you never had a chance in the first place. you might as well be talking about why people with down syndrome aren't the best authors. that's too far down the spectrum to be a talking point.

almost all grads still get decent jobs, a lot are just unhappy its not what they expected. they will grow into it or get better at what they want to do.

the only reason you wouldn't go is if you already have a successful business. beyond that, anybody with half a brain gets paid to study rather than taking a loan, and the rest can judge whether or not they need the sorts of resources and connections from a more expensive institution. this is why people visit the campus first.
>>
>>1102547
>my wife and her son

found the cuck
>>
>>1102010
A degree doesnt guarantee a job
>>
>>1102059
>nothing to fall back on
You realize most successful businesses work hard and are experieced in their field? Worst case scenario, just hide as much cash as possible, file bankruptcy and get a job if it doesn't work out (unless you got a meme jbusiness idea with no transferable skills.
>>
Couldnt I just work for at and t or comcast and be done with it?
>>
>>1102059

Stock trading doesn't need a college degree parse, that said, I wouldn't be doing stock trading making 7k in 15 minutes if I didn't go to college. You don't need college to run a business but it helps a lot in the long-run. You don't need college if you're in the trades and really know how to sell your time/wares because you're not a fuckhole retard but again, it helps.

Graduate BSME here, done everything from machining to welding to running an Internet business and a contracting firm in central Texas to teaching math.

You will naturally find in life what you're best at doing, what you can live with when you fall asleep and for most people- college or not- that's enough. No one can show you the path, the path just is. You must find your own way in life and no one can tell you what that is exactly.

So go out their and work hard, be the best dad, fail at some things and win where others don't, this is life and it's the only one you get.
>>
>>1103270
This is a very good post, you just have to find it in life. Maybe the college isnt for everyone either
>>
Yes, it is.

People will often say that you are able to start your own business or live doing blue collar work but statistically if you want to guarantee a good chance of living a cozy lifestyle you have to go to college. College graduates in general have lower poverty rates and higher levels of income across the board for all degrees, although the variance between degrees is very large.
>>
>>1102967
hence "Just off", you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>1102005
hey thats fullerton college lol
>>
>>1103659
Bloody hell, I was going to post this.
>>
>>1102005
Being debt free is the best choice in having a successful life where you can afford things.

Nearly half of all students come out of college and can't find a full time job. College is a bad meme.
>>
>>1103676
my sister goes there lol
i went to fullerton high right across the street and didnt want to see everyone from high school so i went to cypress and now i got to santa ana
>>
>>1103703
Well I go there myself.
Dunno why I do at this rate, beyond just trying to retake my dropped classes.
Considering just sweeping up my accounting degree and moving onto an internship.
>>
>>1103712
what hs did you go to?
i know what you mean ive been in and out of school since i graduated dropped most of my classes but im planning on finishing this semster and actually transferring somewhere
>>
>>1103717
El Dorado high.
>>
>>1102044
/thread
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.