[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1455442692082.jpg (80 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455442692082.jpg
80 KB, 576x1024
Hey /biz/

I might be flying out of town for an interview in a few weeks. Dinner with the search committee on Thursday and then the interview on a Friday. Any hiring managers or the like have comments about this? Is Friday a shit day for interviews (distracted staff, last person to be interviews, etc.) also what's appropriate for a business interview dinner?

Also feel free to post tips or funny interview stories.
>>
Pro-tips:

1. Pretend you're someone they want to hire.
2. Relax your anus. (100% serious)

I have 100% success interview success rate.
>>
>>1104066
I actually have personally worked for some folks on the panel, which makes me even a little more nervous, but I gotta chill out, I know.

Mostly concerned about the Friday interview (it's a half day or so affair) - worried that going at the end of the list of people interviewed is going to be more difficult.
>>
>>1104068
Bro-science tip:

Have 1 beer (will make you smooth and your brain will access vocabulary easier, with more confidence) and a large, dirty, black coffee (will keep you focused so you don't smoothly say stupid shit).

It will be better if you go in dry, but still. Make sure you brush your teeth or drink some mouthwash.

Anyway, getting interviewed last can be a positive or a negative. Your CV is at the top of the pile, you have the chance to have the final word and blow them away.

Not sure what kind of advice you expect with the details you've provided, I mean no one on /biz/ can possibly know the situation better than you. If you ~expect~ to get hired, play it safe. If you're shooting from "low-ground" go risky and act like a dick...
>>
>>1104017
Learn about the company. Ask questions regarding the company. Make it seem like you're very interested in them and make it clear why.
>>
>>1104017
At some point in the conversation, ask them, "What do you really want?"

That question simultaneously freaks them out as well as impresses them because it makes them vocalize their expectations. It makes you appear to be a linear performer in that you'll go from A to B in a straight line, A being goals and B being results.

I'm not shitting you.
>>
>>1104072
I know at the end of the day the situation is mine alone, but I was hoping some managers or chronic job changers would just throw out some tips. Frankly part of me is just nervous so talking it out anonymously is nice.

I appreciate yours, so thanks mate.

>>1104080
What about if they ask me a question I don't have an answer to, like...are you familiar/do you have a working knowledge of [insert some computer code here] and I don't?

>>1104094
I asked in a phone interview what they expect from the individual who is hired, which is along similar lines, but can't hurt to reword it and ask again.
>>
>>1104097
>What about if they ask me a question I don't have an answer to, like...are you familiar/do you have a working knowledge of [insert some computer code here] and I don't?
just be yourself, desu.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.