[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will pandering to SJW pay off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Twitter.png (17 KB, 1000x812) Image search: [Google]
Twitter.png
17 KB, 1000x812
Twitter now has a "safety council" with people like Anita Sarkeesian on it to police tweets.

Are they going to make money doing this? I think no, but I also though ipads wouldn't sell.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02/twitters-new-safety-council-makes-a-mockery-of-free-speech/
>>
>>1102471
no, but they will make money on their investments. have you seen their balance sheet?
>>
>>1102598
No, but I see their implementing a video tweet system. Might steal some of the tumblr vanity whores or even work with the general population.

I'm really not sure which would be the better option. Pander to the sjw crowd who never shut the fuck up or the free speech crowd who likely don't really bother much with twitter at all anyways. Either way seems like they lose potential user base but sjw's seem like the more active users. The main problem with placating them is it can't be done, you would wind up slowly banning everything and everyone until their all that's left and then they would move along too.
>>
>>1102471

I dunno. I'll probably still not use twitter, because I don't really like being tracked online any more than my usage of the internet allows me to be as it is.
>>
>>1102598

Their stock is lower than what it was years ago.

I'm not entirely sure this will hurt it any more than time seems to have, and it won't put it out of business, either.
>>
>>1102471
Twitter doing this is a sign of bad management that will ultimately kill the company. If a company is working on "diversity and inclusion", they're burning money and turning away talent. Leftist ideas kill profits, go figure. (Note that there is a difference between advertising how progressive the company is and actually implementing the bullshit.)

Management at twitter doesn't understand that people like bitching at each other on twitter, or they hate it but like hating it. If there are no more racist/sexist/arachnophobic/etc tweets on twitter, what will they be able to bitch about? Who will they be able to bitch to? The conflict is gone, and that's boring.
>>
Yahoo did it and they're absolutely screwed, they're for sale now
>>
>>1102471

No because SJWs have no fucking money to spend.
>>
Yes, let's censor a communications medium aimed at the free west. Surely the average Joe will appreciate that. There are no other social medium platforms where people can express themselves anyway.
>>
>>1102471
This is straight from South Park season 19
>>
File: SouthParkQuote.jpg (117 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
SouthParkQuote.jpg
117 KB, 1200x627
>>1104081
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.