[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First credit card, any advice ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: logo_citibank.jpg (16 KB, 290x155) Image search: [Google]
logo_citibank.jpg
16 KB, 290x155
I just got approved for city bank college credit card ( i think it is the best for a college student)
i just want to build credit and at the same time i don't want to pay a lot of interest. Any recommendation for now on?
>>
Just buy groceries and gas and pay it off in full each month.

Don't get too hung up on the limit, it will eventually get raised.

Never buy anything with credit that you couldn't pay off in full that same day with cash

Apply for a cash rewards card at the end of the year with a higher limit.
>>
Never pay interest in a card.

It's a myth that carrying a balance increases your credit score more than paying it off in full
>>
>>1065190
>People acting like credit scores mean dick these days.

Friend, you are living in the 1970s.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a good one.

Take out credit card in foreign country which is about to collapse (a Venezuela type place). Purchase (an) asset(s) on margin with a decent cash float designated in home shekels for interest repayments and to hedge against the market not behaving as expected.

Wait for country to go hyperinflationary.

Pay of loan for a fraction of what it was initially worth.
>>
>>1065206
Pay off even.

Obviously not related to OP's question. But I'm drunk.
>>
>>1065203
Sounds good ! thanks!
>>
>>1065190
Whenever I pay off credit card/ bills, I always put in a dollar over the required fee, doesn't sound like much but it helps building credit, my score is at 786
>>
>>1065203
All of this is good advice. Also, keep your total utilization low relative to you limit. Like if your limit is $1,000, try not to have a balance of more than $200 (which you will pay off every month).
>>
>>1065203
This. Never buy shit unless you're confident you have the Money to cover it.
>>1065205
Also this.
>>
>>1065591
So everyone..

What exactly is the cost of a credit card?

Assuming I pay it off every month on time?

And are rewards cards better to get into?
>>
>>1066258
Bump
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.