[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get connections if im socially retarded? Is there a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 482x427
How do i get connections if im socially retarded? Is there a roleplay manual i can work through or something

>inb4 how to win friends and influence people
>>
Just practice socializing. If you're in school, join a club or something. Or you can go to a random social event and just talk to people. If you screw up, who cares, you'll never see them again. There's isn't a checklist to run through for social events, and if you apply one, you'll sound like a robot.
>>
>>1046176
>If you screw up, who cares, you'll never see them again

This is one of the most liberating realizations I had as an autist OP.

Drive out to an area unfamiliar to you and just start conversations with people(maybe gurls if you're le no gf virgin), you can practice your conversation skills and if you say something retarded it doesn't matter because you don't know them and will never seen them again.

It's really a humbling exercise to realize you're a lot better at conversation than you think and that even if you were to say something ridiculously autistic/retarded if you said it in the RIGHT WAY people would just take it as a joke/sarcasm/etc.

- People are naturally complacent, they will justify things you say as long as you look normal and make it seem normal. Not sure how to explain it but saying something offensive for example would probably be thought of as "haha he's just saying it ironically, xD" if you look like a well-adjusted young man and not a schoolshooter.
>>
>>inb4 how to win friends and influence people

Seriously, is that book any good? Everyone is taking about that book
>>
File: 657576786.gif (2 MB, 252x189) Image search: [Google]
657576786.gif
2 MB, 252x189
>>1046176
Or you'll just end up looking overprep'd like a politician schmoozing constituents.
>>
pick up a bartender/waiter job. You're literally forced to talk to dozens of strangers a day and make them like you for $. Just try stuff, like "today, I'll find out what every customer does for a living", "today, I'll find one compliment to make for every person I talk to." etc... Social inadequacy can be overcame with practice.
>>
>>1046433
Good idea but I don't think OP would be able to get a bartender/waiter job if he is socially autistic. Would be hard to look personable in an interview, especially as a male.
>>
>>1046238
The whole book is basically just be nice to people, learn their names, remember their birthdays, be good listeners to them, etc
>>
you cant learn yourself out of autism sorry op, its about your brains being hardwired different way compared to 99% of people
>>
>>1046441
Yes you can.

You just never interact with people and didn't learn social skills -> avoid people even more -> makes your social awkwardness even worse -> repeat.

It's just like the people who are eager to say "Lol I'm bad at math" when they never really gave it a fair try and possibly had above average capabilities.
>>
Something I used to do was go to crowded cafeterias at Uni during peak hours and just sit with random people.

The line you use is "Do you mind if I sit here?" If they say no, move to another table (but I've had that happen literally 0 times out of tens-of-thousands). Youtube has a lot of awesome videos on conversation hacks, but the point is to get practice. It will be awkward at first, but that's the point. It takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to master any skill.

Met my wife and a lot of really close friends this way. Also has helped me get several jobs.

Best of luck anon.
>>
>>1046509
>The line you use is "Do you mind if I sit here?" If they say no

But "no" would mean that they do not mind you setting there. This is a weird type of question because it can be misconstrued. "Yes" could mean they do not mind but so could "No".
>>
>>1046168

I am great with people and have good connections. My problem is I am not good at math and have very limited programming skills.

I took a programming course this semester and am now being taught by the best student in the class who is quite awkard. In return I'm helping him with contacting people for his website and working on the communication.

I think he is a very smart guy for realizing his weakness and using his strength to his advantage. For me, it's just great that people skills are helping me pass this course, because I don't think i could do it on my own.

Point is, skills give connections, and even though having/making connections is definitely a skill, with numerous other qualities attached to it, being great at one think can ALWAYS give you connections. If you aren't getting connections, it's because you're in a place where your skill isn't unique.

My friend took a introductory progrmaming course in Java for fun, that's why he met me. Hope you find your niche.
>>
>>1046514
That's probably the reason why Anon never got rejected. They really never had the option to decline
>>
>>1046168
Start doing a sport.
It might not get you the right friends.
But it will teach you how to get friends in the future.
>>
>>1046800
Makes sense.

>"Oh what is this weirdo doing..."
>"Ok whatever maybe if I just get it over with he'll get the message and leave... he should be able to understand basic social cues... right...? right...? WHY ISN'T HE LEAVING"
>>
>>1046168
I'm awful with people and have great connections. Learn to interact with random people in public, in line at the grocery store, etc.

If you are legit spaztic go take a class where they teach you how to socialize normally.
>>
>>1046509
There is nothing but booger eating retards playing nintendo wii at my uni who probably are 20 times more autist then me how the fuck could i possibly learn to be sociable with them if they are a bunch of retards.
>>
File: millionaire.jpg (38 KB, 480x333) Image search: [Google]
millionaire.jpg
38 KB, 480x333
>>1046168
>How do i get connections if im socially retarded?
if you are retarded nothing will help you.
>>
>>1047921
you going to Broward College? or some community college in general? same here.
>>
>>1047924
Fuck you.

Practise anon, its very doable. I am an educated therapist and believe me its very possible.
>>
File: mime.jpg (15 KB, 466x336) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
15 KB, 466x336
anon go to teatre courses!
>>
>>1046168
Start dating.

Seriously anon, dating is a great way to make you 'people smart'. It's a long and painful road from where you are (I know because it took me years). But the sooner you start, the better.

Go through the better PUA material that is more down-to-earth and actually readable. Most PUA material nowadays is very cringy and makes for a very painful read - lot's of losers ot there who think that "gettin' sum pussy" is what life is all about.
I seriously recommend Carlos Xuma's stuff, particularly his early books and then his recordings ('Get a Girlfriend Fast' being the best). The long-term mindset it'll give you is priceless if you through it with patience and dedication.

Happy dating.
>>
>>1046440
It's the dick sucking guide to life. Apparently things start going your way if you suck dicks.
>>
>>1046440
It's a book written by and for the baby boomer generation, the guys who have absolutely no idea what human relations are all about and got everything handed to them on a plate: careers, jobs, marriage, family, etc.

I've always found it amazing that this books was successful. In my eyes it only proves how excessive rationality can fuck a whole generation up.

We live in different times and thank God people have actually learned to hate cock-suckers with an agenda.
A pity most of humanity has devolved into this stupid bro-culture instead. Things would be p. okay, otherwise.
>>
>>1047968
Well, is there any book you suggest?
>>
>>1048209
Read >>1047953
Can't go wrong with Carlos Xuma. It's light reading -- and more importantly, it's the TRUTH.

Don't get stuck on the reading. Remember that the most important part is to go out there and do stuff.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.