[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i retard that i think i would be less happy winning money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: UH7IWUm.jpg (116 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
UH7IWUm.jpg
116 KB, 960x960
Am i retard that i think i would be less happy winning money than earning like 100x less of time?

Like that guy who won 300 millions , that's like getting cocaine after being used to daily comfortable coffee , it's not going to bring sustainable happiness.

Happy to be middle class?
>>
>>1045458
Doubtful.

You can afford pretty much everything with that money. Must feel amazing to not be limited by money ever again in your life.

When you look for vacations you no longer at the cost, you just choose what sounds best. Instead of playing a shitty used guitar you bought on craigslist you can buy the best equipment. Etc.
>>
>>1045462

Isn't there some kind of joy brought buy researching things for value , communicating with people who have used equipment as compared to just buying studio grade equipment straight to your place?
>>
>>1045468
Maybe a little bit but I reckon it's heavily outweighed by the pros of not being concerned with money ever again.

The difference between:
>Ok well I have $2000... Let's see what kind of vacation this kind of afford me if I filter by <$2000 inclusive resort + planeticket on vacation site...

>I am just going to vacation in wherever I think is best from personal and online reviews, do whatever I want and how ever long I want there AND whenever I want because I do not need to wait for a certain time to save money

That feeling must be fucking amazing. To go onto a car dealership lot and pick your favorite car out of them all instead of saying "O-ok just show me the used ones for under $5000..."

I really wish I can experience the feel some day, but probably not. I am tired of looking at sales for food instead of just buying whatever I want and whenever I want.

>Tfw you only buy the highest value food generally instead of the most delicious

;-;
>>
>>1045477

I guess Buddha had a point about the middle way , i get your perspective - been there , too
>>
>>1045482
Buddha is just for comforting niggas with no money done. It's a coping mechanism for broke bois.

I do it too, I try to save money as much as I possibly can but fuck if I don't think about just being able to buy whatever the hell I want someday.
>>
>>1045485

But Buddha guy was royalty himself , prince
>>
>>1045468
Yeah.

You look for stocks that are undervalued that you can get for cheap and you dump a hundred million dollars into them.
>>
>>1045458
I agree with the freedom to simply buy anything you want when you want; however, I do believe that even if you have money, you should still be a responsible consumer.

This happened to me recently when I wanted to buy a new truck. People from the richest part of the state were driving all over to dealerships just to pay more than MSRP. I offered less $2000 less than MSRP on the truck, and they pretty much told me to leave.

That's what retarded rich people do-- they fuck up the valuation of things.

If I were that rich, I would still haggle, but be much more of an asshole during the process.
>>
>>1046543
Well that is just rich people whose wealth came to them easily. There are not any left now but rich old people from the great depression never really got over it.
>>
Thats because the only people that are retarded gamble at 65% odds, and invest their winnings equally stupidly.

Gambling wins you 65 cents for every dollar you invest. Putting money under your bed makes you lose 0.5% every year. The stock market is dollar for dollar, and material investments swing several hundred percent in both directions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.