[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is too complicated for me. What should I read instead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: the-intelligent-investor.jpg (36 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
the-intelligent-investor.jpg
36 KB, 332x500
Pic related is too complicated for me. What should I read instead?
>>
A dictionary

>for dummies
>>
>>1034502
investopedia
>>
>>1034502
Active investments is a fools game. Just go for index investments and you will beat the majority of all investors. Live below your means, rein in your emotional control in times of crisis, and look to maximize your annual income.

The stability of your investments also allow you to pursue wealth creation in other avenues of your life. If you experienced, you can establish your own business provided that you follow the above recipe.

It's not hard and try not to fall for the 1% money manager scam. If you're capable and willing to learn, you can make a great deal of money just through index investments.
>>
>>1034502
FYI the intelligent investor is dated. Graham now recommends a portfolio of index funds.
>>
>>1034502
>>
>>1034559
Vanguard retirement fund
VOO
Vanguard REIT

winning portfolio there m8
>>
>>1034557
>Active investments is a fools game. Just go for index investments and you will beat the majority of all investors

Seems like a slow and steady meme though.

Making 8%pa is pretty pitiful until you get $100k+...

>Tfw put $15k into index fund
>Tfw it will earn me like $1300 at best each year
Kinda sucks senpai.
>>
>>1034562
Assuming you're 25 and it's a Roth IRA, so you can pull money out at 59.5 (let's say 60 for simplicity)

That'd be 60.5k at retirement

I think that'd be okay m80
>>
>>1034502
Finally, most of /biz/ will ignore this simple advice and go on to lose a large amount of potential wealth. They will give in to irrational behavior during times of crisis and make poor decisions.

>>1034561
eh...I really hate REITs but I only say that because I already own some real estate investments.

>>1034562
That's life. Contribute to that for 20 years, you can also establish a small play fund for yourself, minimize your debt, and your pretty much golden. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>1034561
>Vanguard retirement fund
>VOO

Why would you double-up on U.S. large-caps? That's just retarded.

If you don't know what's in the funds you're recommending, maybe you should not be recommending anything.
>>
>>1034564
In Canada so I'm using the equivalent of a Roth IRA but I can pull out whenever I want(no pun intended).

>>1034566
>that's life. Contribute to that for 20 years, you can also establish a small play fund for yourself, minimize your debt, and your pretty much golden. Slow and steady wins the race.

I know but it just kind of sucks that it's so slow. I honestly expected to be making money much quicker. But I guess there really is no tricks. I suppose when you get to ~$200k it's much better, earning you roughly $16k/yr.
>>
File: 1451347441165.jpg (15 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
1451347441165.jpg
15 KB, 327x324
>>1034559
what are you talking about? graham is six feet under since vietman war lol

i could not imagine worse way to waste time than read some fundamental boring badly written investment books. seriously.
>>
>>1034575
>graham is six feet under since vietman war lol
Yup. Now was the wrong choice of word, but before his death he commented on the value of index funds.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.