[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a thing of the past?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: GuyCatchSwordFish.webm (763 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
GuyCatchSwordFish.webm
763 KB, 426x426
Should I go to college for a CS degree?

hardmode: If already a drop-out, broke and 30 years old.
>>
>>1017830
Get into the military if you still can and try to become a computer systems programmer in the military. They will pay for any education and teach you CS.

No reason to go to college in your thirties, as the cost outweigh the opportunities.
>>
>>1017840
prob this
>>
File: eyes1.jpg (61 KB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
eyes1.jpg
61 KB, 480x317
>>1017840
>>1017841
I actually looked into this. They only have two redicilous offers.

a FOUR year program.

and a

FIVE year program.

Why would you suggest to pursue that much time, specially since old? Not to mention, in the summer you do things for them and then even when you graduate you have to serve them for a few years.

funny, I was actually in the military for two years, but only in reserves.

Source:
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96

>When deciding which post-secondary path to follow, students in the Canadian Military College system have three choices:

>four years of studies at the Royal Military College of Canada;
one year of studies at the Royal Military College Saint-Jean (CEGEP 2) followed by three years of university at the Royal Military College of Canada; or

>two years of studies at the Royal Military College Saint-Jean (CEGEP 1 and CEGEP 2) followed by three years of university at the Royal Military College of Canada.
>>
>>1017853
>Canadian
cant help you there mang
>>
>>1017853
nvm.. I thought you were from America. You can learn CS without schooling and still have a sustainable career in the field. That is, if you truly want to do CS.
>>
>>1017856
Canadians are never safe from the great cuckening.

>>1017859
I do. I just don't know whether I should go on student loans and admit to a very slow, stressful, degree. (2 years for me) OR is that all a scam? This question is driving me nuts and I'm running out of time.

I just want to truly know what a rational person would do. My family, people they all inisist school is the way to go.
>>
>>1017866
It isn't necessarily a scam. It all just boils down to you providing value to companies. Research the jobs in the field and in your area first, and join forums geared to the CS field.

There's many who have skipped the college route, but that's not to say that college is a scam.
>>
>>1017875
I live in a detroit like city. It's either school, or I get in my car and go to a brand new city.. start from 0 @ whatever, whenever. This is why it's important... I have to decide which path, and I have to decide now.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.