[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vanguard REIT Index Fund vs ETF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: vanguard global reit.png (47 KB, 795x375) Image search: [Google]
vanguard global reit.png
47 KB, 795x375
>https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=1758&FundIntExt=INT#tab=3

This fund has a purchase and redemption fee of .25%. Or I could just purchase an ETF of the same fund. Using Robinhood, I can do that for no cost.

The expense ratio of the ETF is identical to that if I purchase admiral shares in the index fund.

Why would anyone purchase the index fund, when you can just purchase the ETF instead, pay the same expense ratio, and avoid the load/redemption fee?
>>
File: oh god im fucking retarded.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
oh god im fucking retarded.png
10 KB, 300x300
I wish I knew what the fuck you were saying.
>>
How ETFs and mutual funds are different
ETFs
MUTUAL FUNDS
Buying & selling
ETFs

You can only buy and sell ETFs through a brokerage account.
Expand your portfolio with a Vanguard Brokerage Account
MUTUAL FUNDS

You can buy and sell mutual funds through your Vanguard mutual fund account.
Trading & pricing
ETFs

You can trade ETFs on the major stock exchanges anytime during the trading day. Their prices will fluctuate throughout the day just like stocks.
MUTUAL FUNDS

Mutual fund shares are priced once a day after the markets close.
Transaction costs
ETFs

You won't pay any commissions to trade Vanguard ETFs in a Vanguard Brokerage Account.*

There's an unavoidable cost when trading individual stocks, bonds, and ETFs known as the bid-ask spread.
MUTUAL FUNDS

In most circumstances, there are no transaction costs when you buy and sell your mutual fund shares at Vanguard.**
Automatic investing
ETFs

There's no automatic investment option for ETFs.
MUTUAL FUNDS

Invest your savings on a regular schedule by moving money directly from your bank account into your Vanguard accounts or set up automatic transfers from one Vanguard fund to another.
Put your savings on autopilot
Minimum investment
ETFs

You can buy an ETF for the cost of a single share, which can vary throughout the trading day.
See a complete list of Vanguard ETFs
MUTUAL FUNDS

You can invest in a Vanguard mutual fund with as little as $1,000.†
See a complete list of Vanguard mutual funds
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.