[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to have high energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1428697368326.jpg (341 KB, 1844x1240) Image search: [Google]
1428697368326.jpg
341 KB, 1844x1240
Hey /biz/

The older I get, the more I realize it's all about the energy.
I'd be curious to know what's your precepts/rules/tips to run at high energy. I'd like to stay away from drugs as much as possible.

I already eat a shit ton of fruits and vegetables. I'm curious about supplements, ginger, etc

Also, techniques to get better sleep etc welcome (tips to wake up early most welcome as well).

I believe the higher your energy, the closer you are to success.
>>
Check your blood for any chemical imbalances and correct them
Don't be afraid to sleep around
Take colder showers
Eat lots of organic red meat

The last three are meant to raise your testosterone, which is a big part of what gives you energy
>>
>>1010376
Energy isn't needed to be successful or live a happy life. The ability to focus on what needs to get done is much more important, as you'll get 5x more work done in the same time when you're focused as opposed to when you're not.

Anyway, if you want to have more energy/feel better you should exercise at least every second day. A mix of cardio + weight training is best for general health. Also try not to depend on caffeine/other supplements/drugs at all. They can be used in specific situations when you need them but daily caffeine will make you function worse in the long run.
>>
>>1010389
I associate with focus with energy as well.

But you're right focus is essential, combined with decent energy.
>>
B12 gives me a noticeable amount of energy.
>>
>>1010400
You take supplements or any special food?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 466x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 466x262
>>1010376
I agree with your last sentence completely. For me on how, it's largely caffeine and adderal.
>>
>>1010376

work out
don't take in too much sugar or too much carbs
take a multivatimin
don't work a shit job

that's all I got
>>
>>1010398
You missed it.
He said you need to exercise.
He's right.
Lift heavy and do cardio.
After, if you're out of if, hit some creatine.

>tfw /fit/ was right all along.

Read "The Shallows" by Nicholas Carr. You've been duping yourself on focus since you started using the internet.
>>
Working out regularly plus a healthy diet.

Every morning I have a kale shake with pineapple, garlic, ginger, apple, lemon, oats, celery, and cucumber. Helps me keep my colon empty.

B12 + Zinc + Maca in the morning.

If you are/feeling depressed DHEA + St. John's Wort for six months. It'll wake your ass right up and help fix hormonal imbalances.

Lastly, try not to focus on negative bullshit in the world.
>>
lift weights in a gym for an hour 3 times a week following a progressive overload weight program.
Exercise gives you energy, and the more you are trained, the more you will have and be able to unlock.
Also just have some fucking discipline.
I.E. eat well every meal, sleep same time every day. be motivated. get out of bed, The whole work hard, play hard thing is mostly true. The more you do, the more you do. the less you do, the less you do. Don't T.V., do woodworking. besides the time in bed, be active
>>
>>1011451
I can't stress the REGULER part enough. Working out for 6 weeks, taking a week off, then going back for 2 days a week then doing another good six weeks then sicing a few weeks, etc; DOES NOT cut it.
don't come back after 6 weeks, come back after 6 months, come back after 2 years of doing it 3 times a week.
REGULARLY get good sleep
REGULARLY eat well every meal.
>>
>>1010376
Dude do coke sell coke! Get bitches get money! Have tons of energy! Don't go all scared face tho! Stay a small fish learn to trade
>>
/fit/ can give you better answers, but exercise and water consumption is crucial.

also, have a special time every night where you put down your exposure to computers/cellphones/television. It's been known to be a key factor in insomnia and overextended waking hours for years.

don't be afraid to see a doctor, you might have low T, or a melatonin deficiency.
>>
>>1010376
I can state with authority that my daily consumption of a few cigarettes and Johnny Walker Black isn't the answer.

I've had plenty of lucid, high energy days over the years but was never able to truly connect the dots as to why.

And don't underestimate the assholes in your life sucking the energy out of you. I finally filed for divorce (hence the ciggies and Scotch) and while that process absolutely sucks the life out of you, the relief that I no longer have to live with that cunt is amazing.

Looking forward to a great (and clean) 2016.
>>
File: pondering.jpg (25 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
25 KB, 306x423
Mental energy is an interesting thing.

Ever come home after sitting down in front of a computer for 8 hours?

You should be feeling energized and rested, but instead you are spent and exhausted.

I saw a youtube video on the subject once where the dude talked about some experiment where X number of people had to make a series of decisions - if they preferred a pen or a pencil, a nut or a candle and so on. At the end their willpower/energy was only 30% of what it was for people who were just presented with all of the choices at once

Makes you think.
>>
>>1010389
This
>>
>>1012240
Your brain is an organ just like any other--it takes energy to do its thing. IIRC it uses more energy per unit of volume than muscle.
>>
>>1010389
What does long term caffeine do? I'm a student with a medical condition where I can have literally zero stimulants and sometimes it feels like a handicap. It'd be nice to know what I'm dodging.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.