[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: youtube-logo-transparent.png (430 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
youtube-logo-transparent.png
430 KB, 800x500
Made a channel, building an office for myself right now, also building a powerful office PC, and setting up business bank accounts and whatnot.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kcQ4Hx

^Build I'm putting together from now till April 2016.

Already got most of the things in my office like chair, minifridge/freezer, microwave, etc.

I'm basically almost ready to begin content creation, and I'm planning on doing "Let's Plays" with niche games, and I'll do a lot of tutorials for those niche games, as well as play bigger more well known games and use catchy titles and make some nice thumbnails. I am able to dedicate like 10 hours a day to content creation since the only other thing I do is work, so hopefully I have enough time to edit/create content.

My question for you guys is, what niches should I move into? Gaming is very saturated, so it's not impossible, but hard to break out into. I was thinking of buying a dashcam and also posting the stupid -almost- deaths I see everyday on my 1 hour+ drives. Another avenue could be just vlogging once I have a few thousand subscribers, and maybe even go into car spotting because I live in a city full of nice cars which I could exploit. I would organize it in playlists, and I'd post one type of video per day per week, and maybe vlog every single day when I'm popular enough. So, like 10 videos weekly I guess (5 days a week).

I really have nothing to do till next Winter, so that's why I decided it is time, and I'd like your help to see me through this process! I was reading a thread the other night about an anon that made $100k+ a year on YT, hopefully he can chime in here! :D

This is my channel by the way: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMWZSfiV03Bp67Jhi6q-Ig

How is the cover art, name, avatar? I went for simplicity...
>>
>>1006849
pur blanc?
looks kinda edgy desu senpai
>>
Well, I would honestly stick with gaming. Just make sure to fill demand of your audience.

If you play a broad number of games, do your best to get them on release date or earlier to make sure you can put up lots of content fast.
>>
>>1006866

I like it, Pure White, sounds catchy and I bet girl gamers will go crazy over it

How does it sound edgy?

>>1006867

Yeah I would probably stick to gaming for now, until I build a little base before showing my face and stuff to be honest, no ones just going to watch someone without fans lol

How would my PC system stackup to play most games? I think it's decent enough to play games and render video for editing and such, I'll be using Adobe Premiere Pro probably, (don't have a Mac at home). But I might buy a Mac in May/June maybe if my channel has like a few k subs by then.

Money isn't really a problem, since I have no bills and shit, and just a bunch of free time I can afford everything I need I guess, $5k PC, $1.5k Camera/Mic, and $3k MacBook should be do-able in 5-6 months for me no problem.

Also about the game day releases, what do you think about reviewing games as well? I mean there are Lets Plays, Chapter Walkthroughs, Gameplay Videos, and Reviews, so should I do like every possible video type for each game? Or just stick to reviewing games or playing games?
>>
So how do you plan on promoting your videos?

After you have uploaded your video to youtube, and it has like 1 view (which would probably be you anyway lol) what then? How will you prevent it from disappearing into the black hole where thousands of videos go every damn minute..??
>>
>>1006918

Well the niche games I play have like 5000-20000 players and the forums are very active and I'm very active on them so my communities will definitely check me out. Won't be hard to get 1k views per vid I better easily
>>
>>1006849
Sounds pretty risky desu senpai.

1. Why do you need an office if you haven't made a video yet

2. Why would you spend that much money on something that probably won't turn around quickly?

Gaming is fine for youtube, but you can make decent videos in your room, and it would make it more personal.

Your plan seems a generic as it could possibly be, which leads me to believe you won't really be breaking into any unfilled niche.

anyone with half a brain could think to do lets plays of popular games and nice thumbnails.

What experience do you have editing? What's your personality like? Are you an awkward autist? What will you offer that other gamers cannot possibly offer? Why would you litter your gaming channel with car videos? Have you ever made money from youtube?

I'm not trying to discourage you at all, but what is your real plan, I don't see anything concrete. Can you show an example of what you're like when making a video?
>>
>>1006881
who are you trying to convince here... me or you?
>>1006986
pretty much this
>>
>>1006986
Yup, this. Starting your own YT channel can be fun, but the chance of making it your full time job is extremely small.
>>
Not to pour cold water on your plan OP, but this is the most retarded thing ive ever heard anyone do.

Your quest to become the next pewdiepie is doomed to failure. Your fancy pc is not going to help you. Your business bank account is not going to help you. You cannot produce nice content on your own. You need a really good camera and someone who knows how to operate it. You need to have some idea about media production. Lighting, camera, editing. No one is going to want to watch amateurishly filmed and edited stuff.

Just quit before you embarrass yourself
>>
http://fusion.net/story/244545/famous-and-broke-on-youtube-instagram-social-media/

read this before you think of all the money you wont be getting...
>>
>>1006849
Pranks, bro
The prank market is booming
People demand newer more insane prank videos
>>
>>1007210
PRANK IN BAD NEIGHBORHOOD [GONE WRONG] [GONE SEXUAL]

"chill down bro its just a prank haha oh shit you shot me"
>>
>>1006926
what game?

I play niche games too (nobody plays them).

Made a walkthrough for 1 game because couldn't find anything on the internet. Had like 50 videos, and only 2000 views in total. Hadn't the game been on Playstation + for free, I would only have 30 views by now..

I don't see you making a lot of money tbqh
>>
>>1007210

vine compilations are a good niche as well. look up vine compilations to see what im talking about.
>>
Nobody realized OP is being facetious.
>>
Subbed, I'd like to see where this is going
>>
>>1006849
$4500 computer to make videos for 0 subscribers. Why would you need 2 $600 GPUs and a $500 CPU to play and record video games? $1000 non 4k monitor too.

This is such horrible bait
>>
You're meant to be popular before you start buying equipment OP.
>>
Go with an AMD processor and then pump the money you save into a better SSD. SSD makes processing your videos so much quicker, and I suggest at least going around a terabyte.
>>
>>1006849
op i have some ideas for you maybe we can create a partnership tell me if youre interested then we'll find a way to contact. ive been having this idea for years. come op chan
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.