[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wake up to the benefits of raising minimum wage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>2015
>still denying the benefits of a higher minimum wage

when will you stop letting highschool economics brainwash you all into this?
>>
>>1006571
But in Canada our McDonalds memes cost quite a bit more than the US and not too recently went up in price again.

Wouldn't this just lead to unemployment?

Also a lot of much more skilled jobs pay under $15/hr, or around $15/hr. Will their wages get raised to reflect that or would they all just be paid $15/hr? Because I don't think paramedics will work for the same wage as some stoner flipping burgers.
>>
>>1006575
its showing that the whole "higher minimum wage will lead to higher prices" argument isn't always true
>>
>>1006581
Ok but can you respond to the other problems?

There is quite a few jobs in the US which pay under $15/hr and require a lot more responsibility and skills than flipping burgers. Will their wages be raised to compensate proportionally?

>The BLS reports the median annual salary for EMTs and paramedics was $31,270 in 2013. The best-paid 10 percent in the profession made approximately $54,710, while the lowest-earning 10 percent made approximately $20,420.

I don't think anyone will want to be a paramedic when they realize that they're busting their ass to make as much as some random guy in mcdonalds.
>>
>>1006585
then they will demand higher wages. either their demands will need to be met or paramedic companies will find themselves out of business
>>
>>1006571
>Ausfag here
>Big Mac is like $6 not $3.92

Source: I've eaten at maccas before and left $10 poorer after buying a drink and chips
>>
>>1006571

If you raise minimum wage by X, you better raise my wage by X too, so that my job doesn't become completely worthless.
>>
>>1006607
This.

It's a huge logistical nightmare like I said.

Now all these other jobs that are more demanding need to have their wages raised and it's just a huge problem.
>>
>>1006571
>He doesn't know that the average house here costs $900k
>Thinks high minimum wage is a good thing
>>
>>1006611

I know it's kind of unfair, since my job didn't go up in actual quality provided (and my job is basically opening a gate and answering a radio anyway, so I probably work less than most fast food workers 90% of the time), but if we're going to give some freedom to people who are utterly replaceable, I want a cut of the freedom to.

And by a cut, I mean just as much or more. With any raises I might have gotten added to the raise from minimum wage boost.
>>
>>1006618
Actually I think some jobs like Paramedics first and foremost deserve more money.

It's a job with a lot of responsibility and demands yet pays under $15/hr. Kind of absurd... They should definitely be getting more money not some stupid mcdonalds working fuck who can't even get an order right.
>>
>>1006624

As someone who wants to be a paramedic, I agree with this idea. I just think I should get a raise equal to or greater than a MccyD's raise, especially if I decide to be a medical technician of any sort.
>>
>>1006589
or standards to become a paramedic will go down
>>
>>1006629

Odds are, they'll just end up raising the wages. Probably not swiftly, but it'll happen fast enough.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.