[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some non-shitty cubicle 9-5 jobs? I'm making decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What are some non-shitty cubicle 9-5 jobs?

I'm making decent income from websites / amazon so I'm just looking for a 9-5 to increase my income but doesn't want to make me kill myself

And what should I major in? All business degrees to me are useless, comp sci is too hard.

Give me some good ideas and I can help you with any questions with online marketing
>>
Bartending is the most common job business owners had before they became rich. When I was in Uni, we surveyed a bunch of business owners here in Chicago about what they did while they were starting their business. 54 of the 91 people we interviewed said they were a bartender/worked in a bar to make ends meet until their business took off.

You get good tips and you get to work in the evenings/nights, focusing all day on your business.

Second answer (mostly from Finance guys) was personal banker/financial adviser. Was salary based and worked 3-4 days a week with a full time income. These days you can get a job as a bank teller and easily get trained into a personal banker position just for being male. It's what I did through University. Made $30K/year working evenings and all day Saturday.
>>
>>1000665
2nd the bank suggestion. I also get decent income but wanted something to do during the day
>>
>>1000665

Just become a security guard and work your way up to being the guy who trains other security guards. They work 8-4 office hours daily in a heated office with internet, and they don't train people every week.
>>
>>1000680
Seriously THIS. Requires zero education and if you're in a good place, your tips plus wage you can be making 15-25 an hour.
>>
>>1001834

Have to agree, but it carries all the bullshit a service industry job carries with it. Make sure you get a job with a bar that you would be fine with drinking at (or eat, if you don't drink).
>>
>>1000665
Engineering
>>
Whatever seems fun. You doing this to meet people? Lots pf cute girls in retail.
>>
>>1000665
>What are some non-shitty cubicle 9-5 jobs?
You can go straight into an operating job after a process engineering course, pull in about 70k a year (as my brother is)

I have a question about online marketing doe, if i were to start an online business what would be the best thing to start, i see shit like sell custom t-shirts but fuck that, what do you recommend OP?
>>
>>1001854
Yeah every job has its shittiness and even the best places have their own BS. Make sure the clientele are ones you'd actually like having around and not sad old men having a pint at 11 in the morning...
>>
>>1001901

Oh God. I used to work at a liquor store, and 0900 every fucking morning, you'd see the same folks buying those pocket pints of Vodka.
>>
>>1001909
I feel bad for the clerks at those places and see the defeat in their eyes. At least the people working shitty dive bars with pathetic drunks are making tips to kind of offset it.
>>
>>1001938

It was a state ran liquor system with unions, though, so I made $12 an hour for it. That job was victory compared to the truck stop where I made $7.50 and generally dealt with people who were far more willing to be aggressive (no one wants to be banned from the liquor store, even if they get the guy they had a go at fired).

Go to the Pennsylvania liquor stores, man. You'll see people getting paid $12 an hour to support alcoholism and it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>1000680
He's asking for a 9-5 job. A bartending job is the complete opposite almost certainly.

>>1000665
OP, look at something in the government if possible. Degrees not always needed either.
>>
Be me.
Started off working as meat cutter at grocery store.
Turns out to be the biggest grocery chain in United States.
High turnover rate because shit $8/hr.
Stuck it out got promoted to meat manager.
Now make $20.56/h4
Union
Great benefits from said union
Work 10 hour days at least, with overtime pay.
Net around 40K/yr with no degree.
Not rich but pays the bills, able to buy a new car, pay mortgage etc.
22 years old
Not the best job but something to consider.
Btw overtime overtime is optional, usually work 7 to 330.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.