[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody else fall for the silicon valley meme? >work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 455917453157.jpg (76 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
455917453157.jpg
76 KB, 709x765
Did anybody else fall for the silicon valley meme?

>work 80 hours a week kucked by a venture capitalist
>90% of startups have meme ideas and are doomed to failure
>make good money but it all goes to paying rent on a single bedroom in a house full of nerds
>male:female ratio is fucked it's impossible to get laid or a gf unless you're a turbo alpha male
>H1B visa holders can replace you at any moment for half the price
>>
ye. I think it'll pay off in the long run tho. keep your chin up. it's a good thing I'm gay. lots of horny homos here. sucks for straight boys!

>pssst if ur a qt and live north of san mateo, I'll suck ya dick
>>
>>998513
>H1B visa holders can replace you at any moment for half the price
Wish i was one of them.
>>
Yes.

>first real job
>worked at a start-up for the last 3 and a half years
>typical start-up culture, had segways, arcade games, open office and everyone chill as fuck
>aside from chill atmosphere, when it came to it work was very demanding and forced you to be on your toes daily. new curveballs everyday, always something new to fix and rectify
>realized that if I am to reach the heights I desire with this company, would have to sell my soul and young adulthood to it in order to reach some far off equity share
>fuck that
>quit last month, unemployed and much happier

fuck advancing someone's agenda. would rather be poor as shit working on my own stuff then having the life drained of me filling someone else's pockets
>>
File: pxRl5le.jpg (378 KB, 1234x675) Image search: [Google]
pxRl5le.jpg
378 KB, 1234x675
>>998536
This m8.
>>
File: cover.jpg (190 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
190 KB, 500x500
Posting from job right now. Making good money. Saving like 3k each month. Putting 60% in the market. Jobs boring pretty unmotivated. Always running late so stressed out. Stayed in the office multiple times till 1am and on weekends. Haven't met any girls after college. Somewhat depressed but hopeful for the future. Planning on quitting once I'm comfortable financially and can start my own gig
>>
>>998544

already got that saved, i'm a huge bill burr fan. What's ironic is that his weekly podcast often was the only thing that got me through the day
>>
>>998536
If you don't have confidence in the company, then fuck equity. but if you are leaving a good company offering you equity in hopes of living you dreams in your 20s, you are dead wrong.

The only people who have good times in their 20s are the children of the rich or young actors. even succesful older actors had a shit time in their 20's

pretty much everyone's 20's suck, it is better to work now and enjoy your later years.
DELAY GRATIFICATION

>>998544
there should be a second part that says when your are working some shit-tier job. you would kill to have a stable job that can pay for a decent home and a family.
>>
>>998544

Conversely when you are in your 30s, working at Starbucks, and couch surfing at friend's places hoping you can make it to the weekend before getting kicked out because their kid saw you with an erection while you were asleep, that 9 to 5 life with a shitty apartment and roommate starts to look pretty fuckin good.
>>
>>998513
You didnt fall for the silicon valley meme OP. You fell for the wagekekery meme, but changed one for another. Being a founder is where its @.
>>
>>998635
>black and white thinking
>>
>>998556
fitter, healthier and more productive
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.