[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I start a new job the first Monday of next year. It is my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1449792691953.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449792691953.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
I start a new job the first Monday of next year. It is my first real job out of college. I am super excited but also really nervous. How do I conquer my first day and first month like an absolute all star? The office is business causal what should I wear and should I bring anything with me the first day? Thanks
>>
Congrats OP.

What kind of job?

You should definitely bring cake or something in the first day, preferably something people can eat in one but and no messy stuff. That way people'll remember you instantly.

Also dont sweat it if its your first day you'll literally do basic shit for weeks at least.

Just be nice and ask questions. Ask things twice if you have to instead of fucking up because you didn't ask.

I remember that I thought its awkward asking about everything but now when we get new people I don't find it weird at all and I suspect you can stroke an ego or two by asking a lot of questions as some people like to appear smart.
>>
>>998372
Its a small mortgage broker firm that has done really well and is growing fast. I start with a pretty decent salary for what my degree was (poli sci) and will probably be moving up to full loan officer or manager position after a few years. I know a lot of my job will be training for the first 6 months
>>
>>998372
>>998375
I could bring candy canes cause it is right after christmas
>>
>>998375

interesting my uncle is I guess some sort of manager of loan officers for a regional bank and he says I should look into it but I feel doubtful I'd be able to get a job with no related experience and a double major in social sciences and humanities fields. I'm only making 35k as a copy editor now. The subject interests me and I feel like I probably know as much as any business grad just from reading but I doubt that's enough and all of my professional experience so far has been in education and now some marketing.

Did you have any related experience or internships?
>>
>>998376

annnnd then you will be remembered as the guy who tried to offload his excess candy no one wanted

Seriously though, work isnt like school. No one brings "treats" to work. Thats actually kind of weird
>>
>>998401
Depends where you work. In an office settings your first day usually involves going around being introduced to everyone. Candy is pretty childish but something baked you offer can make a good impression.

Unless its some hardcore macho office
>>
Kneepads if you wanna be successful one day kid
>>
>>998388
none bro. I was a waiter for 6 years through high school and college and like a said above a political science major. I just really killed my interview I think. Really the industry is looking for young guys because a lot of people left in 2008 when shit hit the fan but the industry is recovered and growing again and there are real opportunities to make money here. I got the contact through a job far. If I were you I would find a smaller broker firm around your city and bring your resume in. Just let them know you don't have experience but are really interested in the field and a quick learner. Like I said above my place is gonna train me really well

good luck
>>
>>998407
I wont be working in hollywood or new york so I think Im good
>>
>>998388
Mortgage sales is still kind if wild west as far as financial industry jobs and qualifications goes. Being a strong seller trumps all.

It also has suicide inducing volitility. Like few other industries.

I have dabbled. Currently work in investment but I'm actually thinking about dropping a mortgage sales app with a large firm later tonight. Risky business but, money.
>>
>>998404
>Unless its some hardcore macho office

This could actually be a thing. Mortgage sales can be pretty "bro"ie.

Don't so shit other than pay attention. Just dress how you are supposed to dress and pay attention. Don't pull any food stunts until you know more.
>>
Do something cringe as fuck that makes you the joke of the whole place
Try this without the music on the floor when there are as many people as possible in a room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PePW16KOCwM
>>
Or go to a female coworker and try to imitate everything in this video to her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzbjXZratzo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.