[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have and experience or information on building subdivisions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Klyfp4g.jpg (234 KB, 845x1036) Image search: [Google]
Klyfp4g.jpg
234 KB, 845x1036
Anyone here have and experience or information on building subdivisions?

I was thinking of buying a large parcel of land probably 15 to 20 acres, running a road through and municipal services like water/sewer, and power, and making lots for people to buy for new home construction.

The housing bubble here (eastern canada) has already popped and land is going for dirt cheap even in populated areas.
>>
>>1385704
Calm down faggot. I agree southern ontario is dominated by italian building companies (and fucking Desantis). I grew up in Stoney Creek south of Hamilton and I know what its like .Rest of Canada is fine.
>>
>>1385663 (OP)
i am from southern ontario and you have to be a wop here to pull this shit off. municipal government will hinder you at every turn and you have to be a super pushy and relentless wop to get anywhere with them.

if the parcel of land is cheap, it is for a reason: utilities arent available/adequate at your parcel and it will cost a fucking forune + many years to get them.

your going to be dealing with millions of years of red tape. zoning. trees. 'studies'. expropriations. 'environmental' bullshit. lawyers. in canada no one wants you to succeed. they want a lack of supply of housing because this will drive up the value of their own house.
>>
>>1385708
Think more like maratime provinces, where most subdivisions are built by individual investors and municipalities are excited for new home development and try to help you in any way they can. Zoning is as simple as "Residential" and subdividing is as easy as hiring a surveyor and a lawyer.

The ideal location is middle class but not highly populated areas. Populations of 5 to 10k in communities. The kinda places that have 1 main street with a 1 mcdonalds and 1 tim hortons.

At least that's what I have my head. I'm open to all kinds of advice
>>
I've been talking with a few people that have pulled it off and with some members of council, and the biggest red tape I've come across is leaving x amount of "green space" dependent on the number of lots and average lot size. In other words, leave narrow wooded areas between lots or provide the subdivision with a park like area.
>>
>>1385663
I have a lot of experience with subdivisions
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
>>
>>1385745
frig off geddy
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.