[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Virtual Reality just a bubble like Kinect? Is AR going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Is Virtual Reality just a bubble like Kinect? Is AR going to take over the industry rather than VR?
>>
the hive is pretty fucking amazing imo, but there's not much developer support for it as far as I know. people are still trying to find ways to make use of it, what kind of content to build for it. there's also the issue of its general design and its bulkiness.

still kind of risky to invest anywhere since there doesn't really seem to be any clear contenders. used to be oculus but they fucked their shit up selling their soul to the devil (fb). id look into the hive if it continues picking up steam.
>>
>>1379713

AR is still a gimmick delegated to phone games and apps.

VR suffers outlandish costs and nothing but gimmick and adult games. "Pro" gamers don't care because it offers nothing to them, casual gamers don't care because it's too expensive. About the only non Indie-Unity shit games that benefit right now are vehicle sims, and those are a niche market.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I want a Vive pretty bad, but not for $700 + room set-up + access to a handful of games that will get boring in a week.

Wait for it to break into other markets. Wait for a(n expensive) system that can offer realistic human interactions in a room, which will explode in business meeting and classroom situations.
>>
>>1379713
Luxurious western society as you know it is just a bubble.

Enjoy the good times while you can. Someday you'll be standing in bread lines.
>>
>>1379744
It's gonna happen sometime, but I don't know if it'll be this generation
>>
The success of Pokémon GO app which uses AR camera as a core component is a good indicator of early AR implication on a large scale. VR requires much higher knowledge of technology or expense of assembly and use at this stage but will be streamlined in the near future. The Samsung VR phones didn't land with as much impact but they did bring VR to the common consumer in a way...

While now VR & AR seem faddish public interest in these things will decide the direction of the market in the future. Gaming consoles and home applications of VR are appealing if not affordable. While at this time not met with much commercial success this is the likely logical progression of technology and technology is a strong business
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.