[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr: >"What are your 3/5 greatest weaknesses?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: interview.jpg (133 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
interview.jpg
133 KB, 425x282
tl;dr:
>"What are your 3/5 greatest weaknesses?"
>What do you answer to this at an interview?

I've been trying to think of mine for the last couple of weeks.
The thing is I rarely fuck anything up at work because my job is so easy (literally watch youtube and pirate movies at work)

If anything my greatest weakness is that I'm complacent and haven't looked to find a better job sooner.

So it's hard for me to know what my weaknesses are. I guess a genuine weakness is that I can't fake caring about things. Another weakness is that I just want people to cut to the chase when they are talking to me, rather than giving me their life story.

But I can't really say those things in an interview.

Also Interview General I guess
>>
>>1376155
>coke
>opiates
and
>50 cent wing thursdays
>>
>>1376165
The third answer might be useful for eliciting a chuckle.. it would have to be followed by something else I think.
>>
File: chritmastimeisbesttime.png (79 KB, 375x400) Image search: [Google]
chritmastimeisbesttime.png
79 KB, 375x400
>>1376155

Interviewer: "What are your weaknesses?"

Me: "I'm supposed to tell you that my weaknesses are things like being a perfectionist or being a little obsessive about getting things done perfectly and expecting the same from the people under me, but I'm not going to do that because you've been doing this long enough to have heard this kind of self-praise masquerading as a real answer countless times .
I'm going to tell you the truth: my weakness is sentimental Christmas commercials on TV. I make a point of not watching TV with friends or family in December because a couple of years ago a bunch of us were at a friends and this Canadian Tire Christmas ad came on. The one with the Dad and the son and the hockey rink? You might remember it. Anyway, it came on and it really got to me and just as I went to discreetly wipe away a single tear a buddy noticed and they all started riffing on me about it, because they all know me as a pretty tough guy. They laugh about that time, but I laugh along with them.
And although they don't know it, every sentimental Christmas ad does that to me, McDonald's, Tim Horton's, beer ads, whatever.

So now you know my kryptonite - but don't use it against me. If you hold a TV-watching party in December I won't come - but I'll be at every other function.
--------

11 days later I get a package delivery from said company: a letter telling me that I got the position, with a box of candy canes.
>>
>>1376169
A good humour one is lactose intolerance or something along those lines, but generally if they ask for 3 weaknesses they want to hear 3 genuine weaknesses and how you might overcome them.

Try not to do the 'i care too much'/'i work too hard' and so on.

Admittedly I too have trouble with this question or similar questions (ie. what are your strengths)
>>
File: jaffa calling.jpg (44 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
jaffa calling.jpg
44 KB, 571x800
>>1376178
I'll save that as plan B if I get really stuck.

So far I've only got 2 after 2 weeks.
One is that I want to always finish things the same day even when it's completely impractical, so I need to learn to be okay with setting a realistic timeframe on things

The other is that I would be completely new to the industry I'm trying to get into
>>
>3/5 weaknesses
>"Ma'am, I'm black. What are you trying to say? "
Instant payout over racism lawsuit.
>>
>>1376155
the way you are supposed to answer this is to tell an anecdote about how you conquered one of your weaknesses. well at least that's what i read when i was last applying for jobs.

-i think i said that i was naturally disorganized so i had to work really hard to develop system of writing everything down and keeping a detailed day planner so i wouldn't get distracted from my stupid work tasks. just a complete line of bullshit.
>>
>>1376192
>I want to always finish things the same day even when it's completely impractical, so I need to learn to be okay with setting a realistic timeframe on things
>The other is that I would be completely new to the industry I'm trying to get into

those are pretty good, tBh
sound honest af, too, especially the latter
>>
I tell the truth: "I often consider myself to be invincible"
I actually tell something that can be interpreted as a weakness by some but in reality is a great alpha advantage. Perfectionism 2.0
Most HR are satisfied with my answer, from my experience.
>>
>>1376155

Nobody ever ask for that many weaknesses, and if they do, having that many to talk about is not a good thing.

You could say that you like routine and when you feel good somewhere, you have a hard time puting yourself in danger by changing that routine. Loyal employees are a rare commodity these days.

For myself, I put it in perspective with my strengths (analytical skills, creativity and problem solving), sometimes, if not pushed towards a decision, I can lose focus on the main objective and get into intellectual masturbation.

Regarding what you said last, I would formulate it differently, you're are sometimes a bit too pragmatic, to the point which can catch people off guard
>>
>>1376155

Honestly? Just be honest. The more real and natural you look the better you are. The more of a real weakness it is the more sympathetic you are. Don't buy the "mask weakness as strength" meme. What this question is really is about is testing how good you are at admitting your own faults.
Of course you can't say no-go things like "I'm always late" or "I'm lazy" but say something like "sometimes I give up too easily" or "I'm getting frustrated if I can't solve a problem". Just things that make you look like a natural human being.
>>
>>1376155
>>1377574
>You could say that you like routine and when you feel good somewhere, you have a hard time puting yourself in danger by changing that routine.
this smacks of a clumsy attempt at being machiavellian that they will see right through and just smdh at. they are looking for actual weaknesses and honesty.
i would strongly advise against using the word 'masturbation' in an interview, especially if one of the interviewers is a broad.

i think that candycane guy had the right attitude. if you can actually somehow manage to build up rapport and get them to laugh at one of your jokes during the interview, then. you are golden and you can trick them into thinking that you are a cool guy who they wont mind spending a significant amount of their lives with. at the end of the day, the whole weakness question is just an HR necessity.
mind you, the whole funny cool guy routine approach is probably more suited to candidates who are actually qualified for the job and not so much for recent college grads.
>>
>>1377628

Ofc I wouldnt use the word masturbation in an interview, unless I have a good feeling with the guy (I am not in America or UK, sex isnt so much of a taboo), but you get the idea.

Regarding the whole machiavellian thing, seems like OP is really like that, he won't have to much trouble finding examples if he's asked.
>>
>>1376178
Thats badass.
>>
File: 1467604838856.png (160 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
1467604838856.png
160 KB, 450x433
>>1376155
>"I'm not going to tell you you bourgeoisie faggot"
>>
>>1376155
Probably falling off a cliff.
Sometimes, when no one's around, I push my penor back inside my body just to watch it pop out.
Dat ass
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.