[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Move to NZ to pay 0 taxes and have freedom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: greed.png (22 KB, 407x155) Image search: [Google]
greed.png
22 KB, 407x155
Are capital gains and dividend taxes 0 in NZ?
>>
No. Not really. We have capital gains but you don't get charged if it's not considered an 'investment' (i.e. no tax on gains from your own personal home, but tax on gains from investment properties).

It's not as good as you think. The tax burden is less overall, but you tend to earn less compared to other Western countries. Moreover, there are fuckall ways of buying shares in this country. If you sign up to ASB sharetrading they charge you a fuckton to do anything. I'm talking about 150-200 per buy.
>>
what is and share trading, and is there any good way around it?

if i buy 10 single family middle class cheap homes there, and rent them out...

Is that all tax free?
>>
>>1373264

I don't believe you're charged on rent. Could be wrong, but I've never heard of it.

But do you have $10 million? Or $2 million for the necessary 20% deposits? Oh, and if you're not a resident here you won't be able to get money now since the banks have cracked down on it. You'll need that money to buy that many houses here in the only city worth living in (Auckland) if you want to make money.

It's the most expensive city in the world by capita now man. I love New Zealand, but I can't justify living here much longer. Way too expensive. Everything is.
>>
Is this about accurate cost of living?

How horrible is wellington and the beautiful beach areas outside auckland?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=New+Zealand&city1=Seattle%2C+WA&city2=Auckland
>>
>>1373219
anz share and bond trading is $30 a trade and you can buy on nz, au, us & uk markets
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.