[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behaviour at workplace with females
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Ok, /biz//, I am an extroverted (I strike up conversions with everyone), honest("Does this hat look good on me?" - "No."), sometimes blunt (but I can control it most of the time), guy and I know how to handle my self at work OK(basically say nothing if I am not sure if I will offend someone). And I like arguments (not yelling type but discussion type... )

But the problem is the females. They will get offended with ANYTHING in the workplace. Or at least that is because I am not handsome or tall.
Should I just ignore them and talk to them EXCLUSIVELY about work avoiding even small talk?
What if there is team building and dancing and one of them asks me to dance? If I refuse I am fucked, If I accept I am opening lanes for interaction that may lead to me being relaxed and making jokes that will get me on a fast lean to get fired.
But would that make me less able to get promoted? Or does only opinion of the boss or my direct superior manager important?
What about HR filth? If I am not in good terms with them I will be partly retarded in my potentials for higher salary/perks but if I try to be good with them It may backfire because I hate their very existence, colleges and ideologies and that may seep trough my facade of fake friendship.

Should I just behave like a drone and be completely cold and work oriented? I doubt that would get me far in terms of more money except small increments in salary every few years. I would not get any big projects or whatever.

[FYI: I live int South Central Europe, planning to move to the Western Europe, currently working in a tech support firm for small businesses but actively looking for a new job (maybe filled with stuck up females that probably went to Law school, Business school or in the worst case Philosophy where they are all in majority)]
>>
>>1370923
>They will get offended with ANYTHING
that's a pretty general rule
>>
>>1370928
One female once got offended when she forgot to order food for me (company paid for the meals that week).
I said: "It's no problem. I will eat at home anyways. I am going back to do more work." Maybe she thought I was angry but I was completely calm, my tone was calming and slightly uninterested, my gestures were slow and calming too.
She came to my office in middle of business call and kept asking me "Would you like me to order you something ? Or buy you something?"
I kept answering with confused face "It's Ok. I am not that hungry."
She complained to the lower management.

Once I asked other female: "What are the advantages of looking movies on inferior picture quality and old medium like VHS or Laserdisk? Why not streaming, Blu Ray etc?" She got kinda controlled-upset. She said: "Well I like it!" Stopped talking to me that day.
>>
>>1370937
Most women are freaking irrational, they function on emotions a lot more so don't even try.

Avoid trouble, just nod and smile while you let them ramble on and pretend to be listening.
>>
>>1370942
>Avoid trouble, just nod and smile
Easy enough.

>and pretend to be listening.
Very hard for me.
Just, smiling, nodding and walking away would be easier.

But what if that limits my potential for larger pay or perks? Like HR people are females and I have no relations with them, they barely know I exist?
What if my superior is female?
>>
I've worked with women at all my jobs and any time they've felt slighted I've refused to even recognize their concern. Even just slightly acknowledging their nonsense will feed the beast.
>>
>>1370947
It can be pretty hard when you aren't one of the best looking guys in the office.

I'm just grasping straws here but try to stand out on something, being knowledgeable in a certain field or finding something only you can do and make them dependable on you.

Don't be a retard and stand out just for standing out, careful with that.

If you can compliment someone without making it look creepy and show interest in their hobby, that could also help (even if you don't care whatsoever).
>>
work as an engineer, or any other high paying environment, youll start to feel even the concept of a woman doesnt exist
>>
>>1370937
First off, women are fucking annoying they get too emotionally involved with most things and take things too personally.
That being said though, the way you worded the question about VHS vs Blu Ray made you sound like an arrogant ass. It may be the way you learned english that you speak like that in a proper, "academic", like way but people don't talk like that in the US. She still shouldn't have gotten upset but I would have left the convo thinking you're someone who thinks they're always the smartest in the room.

I really don't mean to offend you right now though I don't know if Europe is different than US in how people speak English
>>
>>1371004
>the way you worded the question about VHS vs Blu Ray made you sound like an arrogant ass

Yeah say these things like this

"oh? I thought the online quality etc. is always better nowadays, are you still using it for nostalgia? I can understand that, It can bring back some good memories"

Sounds cheesy I know but it's an example.

Whatever you do, don't make the other person feel stupid. Make them feel smart and special.
>>
>>1371004
>>1371017
Fuck it, I will just use: "Just, smiling, nodding and walking away would be easier."
Fuck my existence if every single word is potentially a mine.
>>
>>1371017
I understand man I think even if you said it in more simple talk she'd still get offended.

Bitches dude. My girlfriend will get all pissy then come back in 15min-1hr and apologizes for overreacting and I feel like most women are the same way but in business they can't show weakness so they never apologize like in a relationship.

I'm usually pretty good at getting girls liking me because I have a nice smile and can make them laugh usually but still have made a couple pissy.
>>
>>1371020
Fuck it dude talk to them about work and don't waste other time if you have no plans of going further in the company, make sure the boss doesn't think you're some autist so you have a good reference but no need to build many connections there if you're moving to a different part of Europe in near future.
>>
>>1370923

Treat work like church and you'll never have a problem.

The do not discuss list:
> sex
> religion
> politics
> parenting
> your personal life in detail
> their personal life in detail

Sucks but way it has to be thanks to Libnazi HR. For this reason I gladly don't work in an office.
>>
>>1370923
>I live int South Central Europe

Which country desu senpai? We're anonymous here anyway
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.