[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resume Cover Letter Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Cover Letter.jpg (176 KB, 870x619) Image search: [Google]
Cover Letter.jpg
176 KB, 870x619
Looking for advise on this cover letter for a job posting for construction project manager. Any feedback?
>>
>>1366416
Don't use a cover letter if that is the limit of your writing ability.
>>
>>1366420
Agreed and I think cover letters should be way more streamlined and directed,

>I am applying for position in area x with xyz baseline credentials (education, work xp, etc)

>next part is the following reasons are why I feel I'm qualified for this position and list off how you check the boxes on the requirements/preferred trait list

>then wrap it up with "in conclusion, i think that im good 4 u and u gud 4 me, thank 4 ur time, by
>>
Your cover letter should be highlighting your experience. Instead of writing an essay make bullets. Make an introductory paragraph of who you are and why you would like this opportunity. Then make bullets of highlighted experiences and projects you managed. People reading these don't want to read an essay. They want to see the person you are and your qualifications as quick as possible.
>>
>>1366424
Thanks for actual advise.

I was going with 4 sections; greeting, skills, application of skills and closing. I do like your streamlined recommendation.
>>
>>1366430
That makes sense. Thank You.
>>
>>1366416
spelling and grammar errors. straight to the trash.
>>
>>1366416

Looks good.

Cover letters should be short and sweet:

> Here's who I am
> Here's why I like your company
> Here's how I think I can help/make changes

Also, don't listen to the critics, I think this cover letter is pretty good. It could be a LITTLE shorter, but it's about the correct length.
>>
>>1366416
Shorten it up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.