[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finish junior year of Comp Sci degree >doing cozy internship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>finish junior year of Comp Sci degree
>doing cozy internship right now
>decide to look for jobs once I graduate
>almost every Comp Sci job (even Entry Level) REQUIRE 1-3 years MINIMUM of Java or SQL experience

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IF IT'S ENTRY LEVEL WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>not getting hired from your internship

step up nigga, plus you should already know java and SQL after the first year
>>
>>1325185
Just lie.
>>
>>1325208
I understand the languages but does Experience mean just experience programming or Job Experience?

>>1325210
Won't they call an employer that I lie about though?
>>
>>1325185
They just say that to weed out the low self esteem losers. Just apply anyway and if you can try to somehow make connections at the company, network with people in your field, bla bla bla you've all heard this a thousand times.
>>
>>1325216
Do HR cunts put that 1-3 yr experience down or project leads?
>>
>>1325216
>They just say that to weed out the low self esteem losers.
So they prefer you lie your way into thier ranks? fml
>>
>>1325238
Yep welcome to the real world
>>
>>1325238
No you dumbass. You apply anyway and make sure they know you have no experience. I've applied to a position that required 2-years experience. The online application even asked me if I had it before I submitted. I checked "No" and got a call the next day.

(I didnt get the job bc after the interview we were making small talk and they asked if I had any children. I sperged out and said "Not that I know of.")
>>
>>1325215
That's why you have to make it look like a reputable business that has been operating for years and they are able to call.

Do what others aren't willing to do. ;)
>>
>>1325185

Meanwhile I did a 3 month bootcamp and now have 3 years experience in a senior dev role.

You fell for the college meme
>>
>>1326464
It's easier than getting a textbook and teaching yourself a STEM degree and forging your own business options.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.