[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's gonna happen when all these famous rappers are done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: rae-sremmurd-puma-campaign-7.jpg (445 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
rae-sremmurd-puma-campaign-7.jpg
445 KB, 1024x683
what's gonna happen when all these famous rappers are done touring and stuff will they be broke? is a music career just a stepping stone?
>>
>>1356811
Depends on if they save any of it. Most of them probably will go broke since they have 1-2 million and blow it pretty quick. Also what other money making activities they're into.
>>
>>1356811
Real estate or working for a label, big labels have financial advisors to help them invest while they are rich
>>
>>1356811
Rappers, just like all entertainers, have very diverse approaches to their assets. I wouldn't call it a stepping stone, most artists that live the good life after their career's ended also invested in their old age near the peak of their popularity. You'd be surprised how many of them own property in wine country.

The "live fast, die young" persona's been a big hitter with the general youth demographic for almost a century now and the poor oppressed black man mentality's so deeply ingrained in our culture now that it's hard for most people to see anybody but a 6'4" nigger having suffered any hardship. This works against racial equality in more ways than one.

It's also easy to think of young black people as uneducated or making rash decisions, that stereotypical loose attitude just makes them all the cooler. A surprising amount of those ostensibly careless rappers, the same ones who post Instagram pictures of themselves holding bottles of Dom Perignon while surrounded by club sluts, are just doing it as a well thought-out publicity stunt and are actually pinching pennies wherever they can.

That being said, everybody involved in the creative process wants a piece of the pie. If the artist's too busy buying sports cars or hanging out with Paris Hilton to monitor their finances closely, they'll find themselves doing bitch work for a living before they're thirty-five.
>>
File: 1415302877047.jpg (20 KB, 724x696) Image search: [Google]
1415302877047.jpg
20 KB, 724x696
>>1356811
Most rappers are terrible with money
>>
>>1356811
>Looks like were done touring
>Hey, I got an idea for a new song/album!
>Looks like were gonna go back to touring.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.