[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From NEET. to needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: neet.jpg (29 KB, 600x695) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
29 KB, 600x695
Dear /biz/,

I am currently a NEET. ( Not in Education, Employment or Training ) in my late twenties recovering from illness. My body began to fall apart in high-school and after learning to deal with each new issue I feel I am finally ready to attempt a part-time job. While I'll never be able to make a full recovery I've come to notice many people worse off than I am are working successfully and I'd like to become neat sort of success story. Because of this I'm here to ask questions and present my thoughts for feedback.

A large grocery chain is currently opening a store near me. I'd like to use this opportunity to work as a Cashier and/or Stockman ( ideally being able to work both positions ) to get my body used to doing work before attending classes for business management. My end-game will be to gain a position as a district manager using my work experience with the chain and my degree. I've been blessed with the opportunity to get my education for free and intend to capitalize on it.

What should I expect working a part-time job as a Cashier or Stockman? I imagine being a cashier would mostly involve getting/giving the correct sums of cash to each party ( the business and the customer ) while using social skills to make the customer want to return. I would imagine being a Stockman is mostly manual labor and common sense involving the moving of pallets, boxes and product which must then be organized on shelves within a timely manner. I imagine being a Cashier would be the more desirable of the two jobs given dealing with money would mean a greater deal of trust is placed upon you and I have to wonder if that is the job I should aim for when first applying to work in the store.

Post continued below...
>>
Post continued from >>1272490

As far as the degree I seek I would like to focus on management/supervision tasks. I've never been good with numbers ( in spite of liking them ) and lacked the foresight to keep practicing these skills during my 7+ years as a NEET. I would instead prefer to focus on the minimum basics while working to enhance my strengths which involve communication and teamwork in addition to picking up new skills such as event planning.

Is there a way I can begin to improve my existing skills before this store opens? I'm planning on volunteering once or twice a week so I have something to put on a resume when the chain's website begins hiring for the new store. I feel volunteering could give me references for an application while potentially improving some of the skills I've not exercised in a while ( such as mathematics ) and would appreciate the thoughts of /biz/ on the best places to volunteer based on my goals.

In closing I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my post(s) as I begin to transition myself from being a NEET. to being needed. I'm hoping you can provide feedback on my plan to volunteer to build up a resume followed by working the part time positions while gaining a business education in order to reach a desirable position. I'll be available for questions and will attempt to answer them within 24 hours of your post between 9:00 AM. and 5:00 PM.

Best regards,
Anonymous.
>>
>>1272490

What was your illness?
Godspeed, anon!
>>
Good job, my niggah.

Although, I suggest you lie about previous experience because they might not want to hire someone with a large experience gap. Being a cashier or a stockman is a fucking joke, I've done both and it really takes no skills. They just want someone who won't steal and will show up on time. But having previous experience helps. So you should definitely volunteer.
>>
>>1272490
OP, you're a good dude. Assuming you are a dude. Cashiering is generally considered the more desirable job.
>>
>>1272490
Good work OP
>>
>>1272490
when you lie about your experience look for a place that went out of business, a paintball field is also a good place to use whether their open or not.
>>
What is your physical limitation? If you don't mind sharing.

Based on your writing and your questions, you seem to be mentally capable beyond just a cashier or stock man.

Why only target a supermarket career in your planning?
>>
>>1272705
>>1272861
It wasn't any single illness or limitation. Gradually parts of my body just stopped working the way they should but at this point these limitations are no longer serious obstacles to my daily life.

>>1272714
>>1272853
While I'd rather not lie I will keep your advice in mind.

>>1272729
Thank you for the compliment and for letting me know which of the two starting positions would be most desirable.

>>1272732
Thank you. Do you have any advice or feedback I can apply to my situation?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.