[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /biz/ got a question If I leave a job on my application
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1406849812085.jpg (216 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1406849812085.jpg
216 KB, 1600x1200
sup /biz/
got a question

If I leave a job on my application because I got fired and someone gets hired on and recognizes me as old coworker and management finds out

can I be fired for leaving a job off my application/resume?
>>
>>1340085
No that's not illegal or wrong in any way
>>
>>1340085
>>1340089
Your resume is suppose to be a highlight of your skills/experience.

It's not suppose to be a life story/history. You are allowed to omit things that make you look bad.

You don't need to put "I smoke marijuana from time to time and I also got 4 speeding tickets when i was 17 and also I was drunk a few times while driving but I didn't get pulled over, just thought i'd include that. Also I currently have genital herpes because I have a hooker addiction and i don't like the feel of condoms"
>>
>>1340089
>>1340092

wait so can I be fired for that?

trying to bring an old coworker on but don't want a slip up and they see that I worked at a place I was terminated before.
>>
>>1340095
Well you can be fired for ANYTHING in an at-will employment state but other than that no, and I don't think they would fire you unless you did something really fucked up
>>
>>1340107
naw nothing too bad.
>>
>>1340113
Don't worry about it
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.