[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: yt.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yt.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
Hey /biz/, I'm thinking of starting a YouTube to complement my website. It's a languages website, so the videos would be about resources to learn the language.

Production quality would be 10/10, I would use all techniques listed here before (colorful, pictures of human faces, to the point) and make the videos short for a good retention rate. Wouldn't show my face though, just voice.

However, I would only upload about once a week or two because this isn't a vlog channel where I can just keep putting out content.

What worries me is that due to not constantly uploading videos, profit potential won't be as good. I'm going to spend a lot of time to make these videos be the best they can be, so if this doesn't have potential then what's the point right?

I guess what I'm asking for is tips on how to increase viewership and monetize this YT idea.

General YT tips welcome too!
>>
>>1338863
Whats your website? I need to learn arabic because its hard to get along with your managers here in dubai if you can speak their language :(
>>
>>1338866
http://www.weeklylanguage.com/

However I haven't updated in some time due to exams. I'm starting to upload new languages from the following Monday again!

I don't have Arabic yet but it's the one I'll do next.

Any tips on improving the website welcome too :)
>>
>>1338874
>>1338874
Truthfully, the key phrases part doesn't actually show you how to pronounce the words, and if you dont know the alphabet for that language it can be a problem, the rest of the course is literally just links to other resources, which I haven't checked out yet. Idk man, I'm doing well with an app I use, cant remember the name for the life of me but its really good. As for youtube, im pretty sure you need to be a youtube partner to start to make money off your monetized videos, which you need a certain ammount of subscribers to do anyway. And the rate for money made per view on monetized videos is 1.60 per 1000 views, so you will need to be getting quite a few views to even make it worth while. Just advertise on facebook, and language learning forums as much as you can, go on Quora and websites like that and link your website/youtube channel with a good response post. Good luck doe my man, good luck with exams too.
>>
>>1338866
Double dubs
>>1338888
Then dubs to quads, im getting lucky today.
>>
>>1338888
Yeah I made the website to be just like a hub of resources collected in a neat post so you can pick and choose which ones to use and not have to search everywhere. The YT would be info about the best of the best resources listed (since there are a lot).

Thanks mang
>>
I think weekly is fine. I've been doing weekly videos since the start of this year, so far at around 70k views and ~300 subscribers. Only $20 per month or so from ads, but I expect it to pick up over time.

I probably wouldn't want to go longer than 2 weeks without something new though, consistency is pretty important I think so just stick to what you can manage.
>>
>>1338909
How quickly is your sub count growing?
>>
>>1338912
About 60-70 per month over the last couple of months. It started going up noticeably faster after the first 100. I also don't publicly show the number, I want people to subscribe that are legitimately interested in what I'm doing, however may change that later on.
>>
>>1338918
Hmm I don't know whether to hide my sub count. On one hand, if it's too low then people might think my content isn't good, but I notice I get annoyed when people don't show their sub count for some reason so I don't want that to happen either.
>>
>>1338924
Yeah I had the same issue to begin with, ended up just leaving it off and it's been alright, though I want to experiment with enabling it to see if there's any difference.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.