[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's involved in starting a business? Also why isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 1436299172912.jpg (69 KB, 864x648) Image search: [Google]
1436299172912.jpg
69 KB, 864x648
What's involved in starting a business? Also why isn't there a /biz/ sticky website? I would love some resources on learning how to run a business.
>>
Sell a product or service that someone else is willing to pay you for first.

No sticky because the mods have given up on this board a long time ago.
>>
The process is very different depending on your country/state/province.

Step one is generally doing a bunch of paperwork to register your company, and often costs 50-80 bucks.

The question is: Do you have a product/servce ready to go right now (IE a service you can do right now, or product ready to sell on hand), or do you have a theoretical idea for a business?

If its the first, pay the small fees to register your business, then start doing it. Put up ads on craigslist/kijiji/etc selling your whatever, and get a good idea of how popular it is.

Once you have 1-2 months of data on how much money you can make off this, go check out prices for opening your own shop, how much rent is, how much it would cost to set it up, etc.

Go find other businesses in the same area, find ones that look like they had good quality interior work done. Ask to chat with the owner, and basically ask him "how much did it cost to get this work done? Do you have the contact info for the guys, I'd like to hire them" etc.

Make sure btw you are talking to a non-competitor. Like if you want to open an escape room or something, go look at something like dental offices. Same style of design but not competitors with you.

Once you are able to calculate how much your company would cost to get off the ground for 1-2 years and how much money it will generate over 1-2 years, if it works out to profit, you are good.

Look up how to write up a business plan, theres lots of guides on the internet, then arrange a meeting with your bank and present your business plan and get a loan.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 280x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 280x340
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19-13-39-18.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19-13-39-18.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>1320639
There is
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.