[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emerging-/Frontier-Markets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: asean-member-nations.png (41 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
asean-member-nations.png
41 KB, 900x675
, especially SEA. How do you feel about them?

It seems to me like they are still quite poor and undeveloped but filled with ambitious and hard-working people. Also reasonable political stability compared to say Africa or the Middle-East.

What do you think about the potential? Who will most likely profit off of it, local companies or large multinational corporations expanding there?
>>
>>1315225

There's good and bad kinds of political stability. Venezuela had a lot of stability under Chavez, but the expropriation risk is unbelievably high.

Thailand is a fucking basket case and I wouldn't get anywhere near it until the king dies and there's another coup. South Africa and Russia are the other countries in this camp.

Vietnam has a reasonably active market - they have a lot of foreign investor restrictions that make it difficult for foreigners to have a very big in stake in companies there, so it's mostly local companies that are benefiting from growth.

Philippines is more interesting than it was in years past. Over the years, it has been persistently disappointing, even as the multi-national BPO crap was taking off there. There's more local companies that are actually growing.
>>
>>1315225

High risk, low to mediocre reward

Odds tip significantly in your favor if you are familiar with the organized crime structure of said third world market
>>
>>1315225
There's a lot of potential for these markets, but probably not until things get ironed out in Europe and US growth picks up. The success of frontier markets is highly dependent on continued investment from developed economies. Investors and banks in the first world aren't really in a place to be pouring a lot of money into these economies to chase potential growth when things are still falling apart in their own back yard.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.