[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay general: Sales are dead edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ebay_logo_gross.jpg (94 KB, 1417x665) Image search: [Google]
ebay_logo_gross.jpg
94 KB, 1417x665
eBay general:

Sales are dead edition.
>>
It's a buyer's world.

I love how PayPal IMMEDIATELY puts your transaction funds into a "pending" state (aka inaccessible) as soon as a buyer opens up a resolution case.

Oh wait! You have tracking info and proof the item was delivered?

Doesn't matter!! Still no money for you.

Getting sick of these clowns. Pulled all my listings off for now...
>>
>>1308390

Inb4 "Salty af"

Damn right I am.
>>
I was so close.

>be me
>PayPal fucks up a simple bank transfer, breaks bank link
>now $700 in the red
>PayPal starts threatening collections
>fuck you, you created this problem, you can wait
>eBay drought ends, sells $325
>eBay locks account because no money to pay fees
>eBay sells $325
> $100 item, half off nearest competitor, has 20 watchers...again
>doesn't sell

Fucking poorfags. Ebay is such a shit sandwich now compared to the old days.
>>
>>1308401
All this time, I have the $700 but their durka durka cobbled website won't accept my bank info, the same bank info it used fot years before it created this problem and sent collections after me.
>>
>>1308390
>>1308396
Would be salty too, of course, only if it wasn't my fault
>>
>>1308401
I've never sold anything on ebay but I have seen the place go to shit in the last 5 years. I used to be able to find lots of cool things on there like antiques, vintage items, handmade items, classic cars. And it was an actual auction site. Now it's just 99.6% trash from China at Buy it Now prices.
Same thing happened to Etsy.
>>
>>1308540
Well the auctions went right out the window when Donahoe jacked up auction fees and started hiding listings. People over in /toy/ keep saying the market decides that prices are too high. The market isn't deciding shit if the listings aren't shown to buyers. When 80% of my sales come from Hispanics in Jersey or Florida, I think it's safe to say there's something going on.
>>
>>1308638
Auctions are really a dead end the way they're structured now. They don't show them to enough people to get a 99 cent starting bid to anywhere near an acceptable price. But at the other end, who will bid on and wait 7 days for an item started at 10% off? I offer all kinds of discounts off eBay but if people have to lift a finger or wait a day to get it they won't bother.
>>
>>1308462

Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying, but it wasn't my fault. Ebay eventually closed the case, refunded the buyer his money and let me keep my money. This took about 3 weeks to get "resolved."

So, basically Ebay took the hit and the buyer got his item for free. Both buyer and seller protection were in play here, which I find kinda odd.

In other words, you can open a resolution case for any item you purchase on Ebay and claim you never received it, even though there's proof of delivery (tracking info). You'll eventually get refunded and get to keep the item for free.

Amazing...
>>
Been using eBay for over 10 years,it used to be amazing but now I just want it to die
>>
Let's short on eBay.
>>
>>1309985

To add to this, you can also be an illiterate assclown, type in all caps in your Ebay messages and STILL get your item for free if you claim "muh item missing."

What are you fags waiting for? Go get some free shit.
>>
so i shouldnt use ebay to sell three thousand small things at a buck a piece?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.