[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any legally binding action I can take in which assures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: money-02.jpg (584 KB, 2193x1462) Image search: [Google]
money-02.jpg
584 KB, 2193x1462
Is there any legally binding action I can take in which assures I am fully accredited for my business start-up idea that I dont have the skills to code into a functioning website? Is there a legally binding action I can take that assures that I hold 100% of the company as well? I am very worried that the person I hire to code the website will steal the idea and make it his own start-up as well as take all the credit.
>>
Recap from another board so that if you guys would like to expand on anything said or mentioned, you can. I am trying to get multiple perspectives.

Thanks for the reply. Also, I am thinking about getting some sort of government grant to fund the start-up although there is a good chance of there being nothing like that for me to receive help from. The start-up does have a loosely scientific application but for reasons I cannot tell I doubt the government would want anything to do with it. Only reason Im thinking this is because I know that there are government grants for people starting up their own ISP's. I am not really considering a loan at all at this point because I heard that thats about the dumbest shit you can possibly do when attempting to start up a business since if the start-up fails, which will likely occur, then you are left absolutely crushed.

>Also, your idea is as grand as this yet it can be implemented by one person?

Good point. Thanks for bringing that up. Thing is, is that my idea is actually fairly simple yet can have multiple branches added onto the main idea that perhaps I could implement later. But the main idea is very simple so I really dont know if it could be handled by one person. My idea could work out as a phone application and I feel like it may be a bit easier to make that so if you would, I'd like to hear what you know about that. Im thinking about possibly starting backwards actually and building and releasing the application first and then expanding to a full fledged website that operates as the main source of access. Releasing it as a phone application would cut out the website domain costs as well as the server hosting I am pretty sure, so thats a plus. Does anybody know about different types of lawyers? Would I need a specific type of lawyer for this process or could it really be most lawyers in general? I say this because my aunt is actually a lawyer herself and that would cut out most of the lawyer fees.
>>
>>1304477
no, since there are no patents for business models
>>
>>1304481
Other people are saying yes just get a lawyer to write up a contract
>>
>>1304480
just get some indians to develop it for you. their country is so different they probably won't even see the use of the site, and if they did, they're so poor they won't be able to implement it anywhere of significance (you think they will launch in the US with their shit english?)
>>
>>1304477
Hi David.
>>
>>1304477
You could potentially get a no-compete clause or NDA added to a contract, though that varies by jurisdiction whether or not it's actually enforceable. Also you'd want to make sure all code written on company time is your intellectual property, not the programmer's.

Of course the first one is more important, you don't want to be the Winklevoss Twins. I imagine it'll be interesting to try to hire someone without telling them what they are doing first though.
>>
Just put in a no-competition clause in his contract.
My girlfriend works for a start-up, and part of her contract says she can't create or work for any company that could be considered a competitor of her current employer for at least 6 months after ending her contract.
>>
>>1304477
Hold on. Instead why don't you just build a windmill that harvests gold from the ocean? Good point why didn't I think of that? You just did.
>>
>>1306893
NDA's are enforceable non-competes are useless.
>>
>>1304477
Ideas are worthless. Get the project functioning, make some money, then get it protected.
>>
>>1304477
No.

If you're not capable you can 1. Outsource with NDAs and make it piece by piece. or 2. Make it in house by hiring employees. Going route 2 make sure to get non-compete clauses and NDAs in their contracts. Non-competes are pretty much useless but most people don't know that.

But once the idea is out there, it's out there. There is nothing stopping people from stealing your idea. The point is to be first to market or better than what others can offer.
>>
No one gives a shit about stupid non-techies with 'ideas'. You people are worthless. Until it's been done by some autist and then sold off for a couple million, non-techie/management types aren't relevant, and even then they're just redundant.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.