[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Domain Names
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1447277937405.jpg (437 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1447277937405.jpg
437 KB, 2048x1365
Do you own your own domain name, /biz/?

Like for example, let's say your name is John Smith. Do you own johnsmith.com or johnsmith.org or johnsmith.net?

Is it worth while to buy your own domain name? It's only like $10 a year to own the domain name, it's sort of like 'property' but on the interwebz.

Think it's a good idea to buy my families name, and then each of our firstnamelastname.com's?
>>
Yeah I do... Because why the hell not.
Don't really use it much, but it costs friggin nothing, so given that occasional plebs might find it impressive, I decided to do it.

Talking of domains, i once had the opportunity to buy some insanely valuable domains likeTesco.com and Britishrail.com. before domain squatting was illegal. In the 90's. If I hadn't meh'd like a procrastinating pleb and spent the money on booze instead, is be a fucking millionaire today.
I used to be mates with the dude who owns lemonparty. He once made 80 grand selling a single domain name. I fucked up so hard by missing the domain name gold mine.
Anyway, I digress. Yeah buy your own domain. Its so cheap that if you're even considering that it might be a good idea, then it probably is.
>>
>>959417

Yeah, I wasted so much money on -online game credits- that were not refundable or I got hacked from me, at least this thing is something I own.

I'm looking at it like it's real estate basically, which it kind of is...
>>
I own a three letter domain with the first part of my first name .nu

But considering it costs like 30 euros a year and they asked for a personally identifyable number Im not too fond of it. And I still use zome other generic domain for email.
>>
>>959551

I just bought my firstnamelastname.com and it came with free office 365 email for 1 year, 1 year hosting and a domain name + website builder for $18.13 CDN

Next year it will be like $5/month for email, $15 for domain for the year, and $5 for website builder per month

So like its not thaaaaaaaaat cheap, but its only like $100 a year max, so since I'm in university and networking, its not a big amount of money, but its still not that cheap to keep it running I guess.

It looks good now as well, got my resume on it, (education and work experience) and I linked my LinkedIn, I'll add my social media soon, after I clean them up and make them more professional

I can also use the site for my gaming stuff like usernames on games and things in the future when I'm not "job hunting"

It's pretty cool so far! I went with godaddy for mine, it had the simplest process I think so meh. The online chat was really helpful as well, so that's cool
>>
>>959659

Oh shit, I also bought the "domain privacy" so that's another $15 for the year -_-

That's so expensive lol, but I figured it's useful so people can't find my address randomly jaja.
>>
Got lastname.se (Swefag) was suprised that it was available.
>>
>>959659
You should just use digital ocean ($5) for webhosting and Gmail for buss business for email (if you really want it that much)
>>
I own a few. Most notably a "popular" consumerism parody site.
>>
>>959659
Domain privacy is $10/yr. I work for GoDaddy
>>
I bought the domain for my name. I have my CV/ portfolio on there.

I work in digital marketing, so whenever I apply for a job I create a custom landing page tailored to the job. Really goes down well with potential employers when I just send them a link to follow.
>>
>>959405
Fuck she has legs for days. I'm not an ass or tits guy, I'm a legs guy
>>
>>959405
I own niggers.com

it'll be worth millions one day
>>
>>959971

Do you actually? That's pretty lucky lol
>>
>>959950

Those aren't legs they're tracks, idiot.
>>
>>959979

Holy shit I can't tell if you're serious or not
>>
>>959971
I spoke to the guy who owns helpaniggaout.com the other day
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.