[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many banks accounts do you have/ should you have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: thenewkingmidasbed.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
thenewkingmidasbed.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
I keep hearing people saying everyone should have 2 savings 2 checking...1 saving for reg 1 for emergencies 1 check for daily spending ie bullshit things and 1 for bills?is this normal?
>>
>>1274110
It's completely unnecessary, but many people find it helpful in order to manage their personal finances. For example, having an "emergency fund" is one of the best things anyone can do to improve their financial situation and prospects. But it requires discipline and diligence to not dip into the emergency fund except in case of true hardships. For some people, using their normal bank accounts for their emergency fund makes it too easy to use these moneys for daily needs or impulse purchases. Thus, establishing a separate account creates a "physical" separation of their monies that helps them stick with their goals.

Similarly, many people are very bad at understanding their spending habits and where their money is going. This can led to poor spending habits and poor savings rates. Having separate spending accounts can give greater visibility into your cash outflows.

Whether any of this is helpful depends on the individual. For many, I imagine it can be quite helpful. Others can achieve their goals of managing their financial buckets without creating the actual separate buckets of separate accounts. Personally, I find that financial software (e.g., Quicken, Mint) helps create visibility and separation even with pooled accounts.

What you should do is whatever you need to follow best practices for your money.
>>
I think its plausible but the time required to now balance 2 checkbooks and transfer money to herre to there to there is insane...Im good at saving...I think the normal 1 svings 1 checking and 1 emergency is best
>>
>>1274110
I have 1 checking and no savings. My index funds are my savings. Checking contains my small emergency fund.
>>
These are poor people tips. You don't need a savings account because the interest is trash, for one.

You need one checking account and one investment account.
>>
>>1274173
enjoy the soup kitchen brunch special
>>
I've got four accounts. One current and the others savings up to100000eur
>>
You wouldn't need so many different accounts if banks didn't limit shares. My local credit union is generally good but very restrictive about stuff like this. I get 4 shares max and can't so much as name them. Business accounts are even worse, with 0% interest on top of that.

When I went into business I went to a different credit union that was much better about the number of shares and labeling. It really helps me keep different kinds of income separate. Only thing that sucks is they're far away so getting money our is really hard.

I finally ended up opening a business account at my local credit union A) to avoid keeping so much money in a box and B) document repaying myself through checks. I don't keep hardly any money in there long term because, again, no interest at all.
>>
>>1274132
>balance 2 checkbooks
Who the fuck still uses cheques?
God, America is behind financially. Get with the times, this isn't the 1950s.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.