[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like being a car dealer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Car Dealer.png (702 KB, 682x455) Image search: [Google]
Car Dealer.png
702 KB, 682x455
Anyone on /biz/ with experience owning/managing a car lot? I want to know what it’s like. It seems like the car business has the potential to be incredibly stressful, and before I dive into it headfirst I just want to know exactly what to expect.

What are the issues I can expect to deal with on a daily basis?

Is it a high stress, high maintenance job? In other words, is it a business that requires your constant attention and keeps you up at night worrying?

If you could go back in time and pick another business, would you?

What’s the most stressful part about being a dealer in today’s day and age?

I just really want to understand what the day to day life of an owner/manager of a car lot is like. I’d appreciate it if you could paint a picture for me.
>>
>>1270994
I was a car salesmen and I attended some auctions with my used lot manager.

you have...no experience in this industry and want to jump in?
>>
>>1270994
i could never be a salesmen. I have too much of a conscience to talk people into getting shitty loans and theres no such thing as an honest salesman well sometimes but they dont last
>>
My dad owned GM dealerships when I was a kid, and an exotic dealership for a while that imported cars from Europe and got them road certified / homologated. He made a lot of money at it but he says he wouldn't go into that today. It's always interesting to see what he thinks when we go into dealerships.

He used to have Sundays off. Now they work Sundays. They even have service open 7 days a week where I bought my Range Rover. The general manager of the dealership has his mobile phone number posted, and it's his REAL mobile number not a secondary. So he's literally never off duty.

There is also a ton of competition. It's harder and harder.

Where you make money is the used stuff and that business is really changing too.

Another thing to consider is I think transportation is going to be changing very soon. Car sharing will be more popular, ride sharing will be more popular, electric car manufacturers and new transportation types have and will figure out how to stay direct and not have a dealership model at all.
>>
>>1270994
ask for a guy named "longpostguy" on /o/
>>
>>1272564

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/search/tripcode/9TEWI1TbGdH/type/op/
>>
>>1270994

Seems horrible. People always think you are going to fuck them.

And they are right to think that since car salesmen fuck people on the reg.

Lots of tension.

I think selling homes is easier than selling cars.
>>
>>1271272
>imported cars from Europe and got them road certified / homologated.

>homologated

>homo

Well, that tells us all we need to know about European cars.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x653
>>1271272
>my Range Rover

Range Rovers are absolute dogshit, they're nice to drive when they're not broken, but that's hardly ever
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.