[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Citigroup, jobhopping, vertical mobility etc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: shittigroup.png (40 KB, 1280x773) Image search: [Google]
shittigroup.png
40 KB, 1280x773
6 months into my position at Citigroup, feeling the need for a little direction

>Legal entity controller team
>Level 2 staff (2,3,asst vp, senior vp, then into mid and upper management)
>Basically help oversee accounting for North American legal entities, with a focus on CGMI (largest) and CSSI (small-to-medium)
>like the job. people are ok
>pay is pretty shite. sub-45 shite. andi've heard some level 3s say the raises are a joke

Should I stay or should I go?
Sister in law is in very good standing at Wells Fargo, can probably get in there somewhat easily

FWIW, I (almost) have an MBA and i have 1 year public audit
>>
>>1266479
Are you me? I just left Citi, same thing with sub-45 pay, and the 3's were also paid absolute dogshit. I loved my boss and the team I was on, but I didn't save a penny while I was there with all the bills I had to pay, I started the job with $5,300 in my bank account, I quit with $5,200 in it (I've been having a lot of car troubles lately)

I was there 8 months, I jumped to JPMorgan, and I've regretted every moment of it for the past 3 months. My salary has significantly increased, I got a signing bonus, I'm working less than I was at Citi, and I hate every moment of it. Any retard can do the job and I sit on the internet all day fucking around doing nothing since there's hardly anything to do, my team is filled with mouth breathing retards who don't like me, and my boss is also not that bright and doesn't care that I really have no work to do and doesn't want to train me to do anything else

If you like your coworkers at Citi, stay, you can't beat having good coworkers or bosses. If you hate them, leave as soon as you get the chance to

You'd know more about your future coworkers and boss with your sister at Wells Fargo than I did when I went to JPMorgan
>>
>>1266545
Buffalo or Tampa?At least I hope you weren't in nyc at that salary.
What department?
>>
>>1266555
I'd rather not say what department, but I was an accountant myself, and yes, it's one of those two cities

Like I said before, if you like your coworkers, stay, I'm sure you can get a good bump in salary if you move departments in a year. Just make sure you do the right amount of legwork and go to a department that pays well, is well managed, and has some prestige

I may go back myself if I can, they all loved me while I was there and were sad to see me go, but like I said, I followed the money and now I regret it
>>
>>1266679
BRB stalking old files to see who left recently. I wonder if I have your job
>>
>>1266545
>I sit on the internet all day fucking around doing nothing since there's hardly anything to do

Are you seriously complaining you fucking utter piece of shit?
>>
>>1266479
How did you get that job in the first place?
>>
>>1266933
Applied? Wasn't your stereotypical fresh out of college jag hole? I dunno
>>
>>1266925
It's boring as fuck, I'd rather do something all day and gain experience than sit there and stagnate for 8-9 hours to get a paycheck
>>
You can make more than $45k waiting tables. Ditch that shit.
>>
>>1266479
HI, I'm in banking as well. The only way for a raise is to jump around. Banking bonuses and wages are pretty bad recently as shareholdersare pressuring banks to shore up Wage expense. Im at my third bank.
>>
>>1267318
Yes, but waiting tables has 0 upward mobility.
>>
>>1266479
I'm coming up on 1 year at citi. AVP working in workforce optimization for retail services. Basically doing analytics for some call centers and deciding when to approve OT/VTO for the hourly people.

Pros:
>laughably easy
>there seems to be upward mobility (at least 5 of my coworkers have gotten promotions in the time I've been here)
>coworkers are chill
Cons:
>pay is shit
>tedious.

I also never interact with my boss, which I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con.
>>
>>1267300
Then you are dumb as fuck. I've had some hard as fuck jobs. Maybe you need to dig some ditches on the weekend to remind yourself how easy and privileged you are.
>>
>>1268242
you seem butthurt about being a blue collar faggot. so much so that you missed his entire point. pls try again or fuck right off, bub
>>
>>1268242
Fuck you and your blue collar bullshit, I did 5 years in a shop at a car dealership, I'll never do shit like that again, but I do like to be stimulated with the work I do, which I was at Citi
>>
>>1266479
Do you have sales skills?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.