[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you actually start a startup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
I have a genius startup idea and I've scratched together a business plan but I have no idea what to do.

The idea consists of an ecommerce site/ platform but I have absolutely no knowledge of programming, site design, and the logistics to creating and running such a company.

Pls halp.
>>
>>1268310

So, you're the ideas guy, huh.
>>
I'm happy to provide some technical advice and where you can learn things. Lay out your idea so I can start to give you some specs for what you will need
>>
>>1268310
hire some pajeet to desing it. make them sign a nda first. dont listen to faggot autists on 4chan. they think because they spent their youth cramped in their moms basement learning code that everyone should have and fire off >le epic ideas guy memes. fuck them believe in yourself and seize your opportunity
I asked around /g/ and offered payment to build my website even offering a stake in the company and they were all a bunch of faggots. paid a pajeet $500 and it was off the ground in a week. I made $4000 this week and im so grateful I didnt listen to 4chan.
>>
File: clDaMk2.png (32 KB, 655x650) Image search: [Google]
clDaMk2.png
32 KB, 655x650
>>1268317
>yeah and make sure you give very specific details about what you want to do and how you want to do it
>>
>>1268317
Let's just say it's an alibaba/ PayTM clone with some extra features based out of a particular country.
>>
>>1268328

Good job, buddy.
>>
>>1268310
Have you ever heard of Google.com?

It's a great site. You can search for literally anything and get some good results.
>>
>>1268328
what does a person use your site for?
>>
>>1268310
If I like the idea I'll make it for equity, if not I'll make it for $$$. Or if you're only willing to offer money, that works.
>>
>>1268375
its kind of like eharmony for business. i know thats vauge as fuck but this is 4chan after all. I really need to work on my seo but im off to a great start
>>
>>1268388
Stupid idea, you're competing with Alibaba and Google. Best of luck.
>>
>>1268388
I honestly just don't believe you, but this is 4chan so you won't back up your claims and it doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>1268403
not really maybe i didnt word that right. but ya my stupid idea has let me quit my job and focus on it full time
>>
>>1268408
Ok dude you gotta help me out. What steps did you take to making this company? What did your business plan look like?

And did the pajeet do both the programming and design?
>>
>>1268408

I never said Stupid ideas aren't profitable. They can be, but not scalable.

>>1268413

So I'm guessing you don't want to offer equity or pay someone? I'd sign an NDA.
>>
>>1268416
Yeah I'm going to make a deal with an anonymous basement dweller on a laotian cave painting forum when i can get the gooks down the street to probably do it 100x better
>>
>>1268413
yes he did pretty much everything. i gave him some moderate direction through email but the rest was all him. the step i took was just getting off my ass and doing it. i had it in my head forever but never wanted to take the risk. got the website set up. set up a business line in my office. didnt have to take a loan or anything. not sure what you think needs to happen here you know more about your business then i do
>>
>>1268425
I'm curious how you paid him and exactly how much. Was it really just the 500$? What was the exact time frame of it getting off the ground?

Can you link the website. I have done relatively extensive web development and would like to inspect it to see the kind of quality I can expect for the price.
>>
>>1268422

Yeah okay, don't make a deal with someone who spent their entire life coding. And I make $80k a year coding part time (I got it without even sending a resume) even though I'm a student at a top tier university studying engineering not even computer science. The money was a bonus, I just wanted the experience to practice on different challenges. You're ignorant, and it was Howard Stern who said "the difference between a poor guy and a rich guy, is that the rich guy gives thoughtful consideration to even the postman's ideas".

Also while I do know about cave paintings, I don't go on forums for them. But you may know a forum I did code, called shroomery.org
>>
>>1268425
Is your business in the ecommerce realm? B2B?
>>
>>1268428
I used freelancer.com all in all after hostind domain registration design and build it was just under 500 for a very simple website mostly html he basically just designed the logo for me and stuck some stock photos on there. It was live in 5 business days. No im not posting the link on 4chan
>>
>>1268439
your idea is probably shit, if it's not already real someone already tried it and it failed.
>>
>>1268465
>mad that he can't make a deal and scam me
>resorts to saying my idea is shit without knowing it

Lol are you 12 years old?
>>
>>1268468
Because you're on 4chan, you can't possibly have a good idea. (It was a satirical commentary on your previous comment.). I don't give a fuck about scamming you. I'd do it for free even, just for equity. I'm only about the experience of the challenge.
>>
>>1268471
That's simply ridiculous logic.
>>
>>1268472
Yes it was more satirical commentary in the form of an argumentum ad absurdum. Just as ridiculous is assuming i'm incompetent at coding just because I hang out on an imageboard.
>>
>mfw my business is an ecommerce / platform and I'm trying to get it off the ground already

GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1268471
the "I'm on 4chan and i suck so you suck too" card is an overrated meme at this point.
>>
>>1268507
What's your idea?
>>
File: fred.jpg (44 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
44 KB, 400x399
>>1268468

Our autistic friend is sadly right in most cases.

Starting a startup is setting yourself up for failure in 4 out of 5 cases.
Founding a startup with no technical founders is pretty much certain death.

>But I can just hire people

There are many issues with this - the primary one being money. Even simple projects will cost several grand to develop. Yours sounds like it needs extra work because of special features.

Besides, no product is ever complete immediately after launch. It's very likely that you will need constant iterations after launch to please your users. And remember that you're not even generating revenue at this point. I would definitely reconsider it.

In my experience something like 80% of all internet startups have non-technical founding teams. On the flipside I would wager that less than 8% of all SUCCESSFUL startups have had non-technical founding teams. There's a reason most VCs and accelerators refuse to fund non-technical teams.
>>
>>1268507

Can I help you gratis to spite OP? I'm excellent at mathematics, physics, programming, and machine learning. Also creating theoretical models in general.

>>1268509
agreed.
>>
Doesn't Squarespace have an ecommerce business site you can make for like $12 a month or something? Just do that.
>>
>>1268552
Yeah I'm going to waste my money on a sitebuilder when I want to make an alibaba clone.
>>
File: yes.jpg (197 KB, 624x737) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
197 KB, 624x737
>>1268310
>I have a genius startup idea and I've scratched together a business plan but I have no idea what to do.

Well anon since you know shit, have no knowledge in anything and presumably also have no money except 100 bucks in MGT, 2 ETH and half a bitcoin, your only option is to s/d
>>
>>1268579

Yep and he doesn't want to take any opportunities that would allow him to make the business into fruition. This is a perfect example of the poor person ideology. The lack of trust, the running away from opportunity, and the delusional expectation.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.