[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All I feel is anger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Sales.png (19 KB, 440x269) Image search: [Google]
Sales.png
19 KB, 440x269
These fucking six kids and some weird old dude started this company at my school. So far so good. Until I hear that they won a 75,000 dollar investment from a pitching competition. 75 fucking thousand. Of course they took equity but whatever.

Fucking A. Meanwhile my one-person company only made $1,000 in the last month. These motherfuckers are getting on the news and shit. I'm so so so unbelievably mad.

I need to be more successful than them. I need to make $1M dollars before I turn 22 or else I am a worthless piece of shit. Should I start a mortgage brokerage? I want to crush them like a bug. How do I make my classmates accomplishments look like selling girl scout cookies in comparison?
>>
>>1266117
Sounds like you had better get out of fantasy land and beg them for a job. Seems to me like their business is headed straight to the moon while you're barely in the black. Your best chance now is to hope you can ride their coattails to a decent salary. Swallow your pride, anon, you already lost.
>>
I seriously need more money. I used to work at a fast food place, I got paid 7.29 an hour after taxes. I saved my money and I started a company that buys and sells products on Amazon. I make more money now than I did, but I ain't gon' make it at this rate dawg. I was thinking if I started a second company in parallel I'd have enough money to become a millionaire in a short period of time.

But I'm not going to spend the money on sports cars, or travelling, or houses or shit like that. People who buy Ferraris aren't thinking big enough. I'm going to use the money to change the world, influence politics, create a new breed of human beings to take over the world.
>>
>>1266131

Their business is pointlessly split by six full time students. In truth, their business could be run by one person. One guy has the title "CEO", one guy has the title "CFO", but fuck, they all have equal say in the business. The real decision maker is the old guy.

Too many cocks in the kitchen. There is no one student that has a complete vision for the company, they are just a bunch of wantreprenuers. I looked through their linkedin accounts, they are small timers who never deliver results.
>>
this is good bait. i like it.
>>
>>1266143
It's clear that they have multiple points of view, meaning they can come up with more creative and balanced ideas and plans, while you're stuck with a narrow view of the market.

If nothing else maybe you can kiss their ass enough that they'd be willing to invest in your company in a few years. After all, they're making enough to pay 6 people probably more than what you're making as a sole owner.
>>
>>1266155
>they're making enough to pay 6 people

Actually they only had 30k in sales (not profit) in the first year. They probably aren't getting paid anything. Each of them put in only $600 of their own money. Then they took a $2,000 grant from the school (that anyone can get as long as it has to do with sustainability which their company doesn't). Anyway, point is, their company is running off of investments from outside sources. Basically it's just a ponzi scheme where nobody makes money.

If I continue at this rate, I'll have 45,000 in sales my first year. If anything they should be begging me for a job.
>>
File: Me.jpg (357 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
357 KB, 1920x800
I must manifest this burning anger into motivation.

I must work harder than all six of them combined. I'll put in 100 hours every week for the rest of my life if that's what it takes.

There is another guy at my school. He has an ecommerce business too. But he does 100k in sales a year. I can't let him win. I don't want to live in a world were he has the upper hand. I don't want to have a meaningless life. I don't want to die a loser and a nobody.
>>
>>1266117
>1mm before 22 or worthless
Literally wut
>>
>>1266233
you say that now ,, 3 days from now you will be playing video games and not doing any work
>>
>>1266305
This is too true. I need a way to force myself to work. I need a way so that the consequences of failing my goals are so dire and unthinkable that I have no choice to do whatever it takes to succeed. People with babies are forced to work hard because if they don't their baby will die. I need something like that, I want to back myself into a corner with no escape but success.
>>
File: Daniel_Plainview.jpg (319 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Plainview.jpg
319 KB, 1000x1500
>>1266233
you're my kind of guy. You're Daniel Plainview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28BXqQWqYJU&ab_channel=Movieclips
>>
>>1266138
holy shit dude are you me? except im 22 right now and just in the saving money stage. I also plan on using my future money to affect the world. how did you get started on amazon? what do you sell? how much capital did you need? or better yet, you have throw away contact?
>>
>>1266324
I will drink your milkshake.
>>
>>1266370
Yes. You should definitely get your friends involved with your pursuits too.

>how did you get started on amazon?
For a few months I was just trying to think of a way to make good money. I thought of selling door to door, selling stocks, making soap, making an online lottery website, but when I heard about amazon FBA it had all the elements I was looking for. No college degree required, and scalable. I dropped out of college 3 months ago.
>how much capital did you need?
I started with 2,404. Email me at
k1n0mat (AT) mail.com
You sound like you have the right idea about you. I'll answer any questions you might have.
>>
File: 1408868852143.jpg (84 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
1408868852143.jpg
84 KB, 400x295
>>1266117

The companies that get a lot of press and are good fundraisers are often just good fundraisers and PR people. It rarely means that they have a worthwhile product or that they will actually grow into a meaningful business.

>I'm going to use the money to change the world, influence politics, create a new breed of human beings to take over the world.

It makes me so glad to hear that you have deeper motivation than primitive greed, anon. You definitely should create something meaningful. And I don't think you should wait until you make a lot of money before doing so. You may as well start now and create a meaningful product or service that advances our civilization and impacts the world in a positive way - and make your million at the same time.
>>
>>1266465

My goal is to help as many people as possible, but I am motivated by selfish reasons still. I hope if I help civilization then my life will not feel meaningless. I don't want it all to be meaningless. That is the reason I'm living my life the way I do.

I'm really not as bitter as I write, I'm just want to use my jealousy to motivate me.
>>
>>1266138
That subtle schoolboy Q reference...
>>
>>1266487
You think you have it tough? I guy from my highschool made over a quarter million dollars working for a MLM company in the past 6 MONTHS. How did he do it? He simply leased a Lamborghini and started posting it all over Instagram. "If you want a Lambo like me join X company" and all the shitter millennial YOLOers ate it up and literally threw their money at him.

The only thing that keeps me sane is the terrible reviews he is getting. More and more people are calling him out on his scam and soon his business will implode or he will get shut down by authorities.
>>
>>1266516
That's not really an evolutionarily stable strategy. You only get what you give. I say if you want to make real money you have to provide real value.

>You think you have it tough?
I'm doubling my money with every sale I make. Almost all the pieces are in place and eventually I'll be growing exponentially. I want to make one million before next april.

>soon his business will implode
It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who has been swimming naked.
>>
File: ss (2015-10-19 at 12.51.17).jpg (15 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-10-19 at 12.51.17).jpg
15 KB, 240x210
>>1266487

>but I am motivated by selfish reasons still

In that sense we all are, so you shouldn't feel bad.

My point is that you don't have to stick around in eCommerce or some other meaningless business to reach your goal. I'm sure you can figure out how to start creating a positive impact on the world with what you have right now.
>>
>>1266609
no rush or anything but I emailed you
>>
>>1266117

Mind telling us what company?

Is it an app or something?
>>
>I need to be more successful than them. I need to make $1M dollars before I turn 22 or else I am a worthless piece of shit.

hahahoohooheehee you are so pathetic OP!

just lyk me desu
>>
>>1266117
Use that anger as motivation and you'll more than likely be successful.

That drive to prove people wrong and preferring death over failure is the most powerful shit ever.
>>
>>1267701
and yet here he is...
>>
>>1266117
> visions of grandeur
>>
>>1267651
They are installing cameras in parking lots so people can see where an open spot is. There are dozens of companies doing the same thing.

>>1267701
I hope they get more successful just so I have more motivation to beat them.
>>
This is the most bitter post I've seen for a very long time.
>>
>>1268180
Agreed. OP sounds exactly like the type of guy I hope to never befriend.
>>
>>1268180
>>1268185
I want to be bitter. I want to force myself to be jealous of every bit of their success. It's because I use competition to motivate me. I'm not rude to them or anything. I just need an identifiable enemy to fight against.
>>
>>1266117
What is this company they made
>>
>>1268196
Fuck if anyone says otherwise about your motivations. You're consciously using your innate competitive rage to motivate you instead of adderall and bullshit. Godspeed brother.
>>
>>1268234
See
>>1268146
>>
>>1268146
how does that work? does the webfeed go to your phone?
>>
>>1268267
I'm not sure. I think they just have lights directing to open spots or something.
>>
>>1268334
so beat them at their own game. give two homeless dudes walkie talkies. charge a dollar a spot
>>
>>1266244
You don't got the mentality
>>
>>1268348
of a delusional self entitled millenial? youre right i dont
>>
>>1268360
hes working for it, how is that entitled
>>
>>1268338
Lol out loud. Not bad actually. I've thought of buying wholesale socks and selling them to homeless people.
>>
>>1266117
I'd Invest in you OP I'd invest the shit out of you
>>
>>1268524
you can't WORK for that kind of money, you get lucky and it falls in your lap. assuming you'll get it if you work towards it is entitlement somewhat, because you assume that you can deserve that kind of dumb luck
>>
>>1268963
Becoming a billionaire takes some luck. A lot of work and luck. But to becoming a millionaire? That's nothing. 4% of Americans are millionaires. 16 year old kids become millionaires nowadays. A million dollars isn't even enough to retire on. Anyone can be a millionaire if you work for it.
>>
>>1266169
So then why are you so upset at their "success?"
>>
>>1268983
What they're doing sounds more impressive. And it is more impressive, at the moment at least. I can't walk into Entrepreneurship Club only making 1k a month. I need to make at least $4,000 a week to show that I'm ahead of them.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.