[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How viable is flipping stuff on ebay? If i posted laptops with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IndianBusinessman.jpg (77 KB, 430x286) Image search: [Google]
IndianBusinessman.jpg
77 KB, 430x286
How viable is flipping stuff on ebay? If i posted laptops with embellished stats would normies notice?
>>
bunp
>>
File: eatin.jpg (31 KB, 432x345) Image search: [Google]
eatin.jpg
31 KB, 432x345
yeah really good.

i don't use ebay because i don't live in USA but yeah other trading sites. i do it on the side (3-4 main items) and average at ~$30k a year by doing very little.

definitely look into it, the key (in my eyes) is finding a niche item, something potentially rareish if possible. basically just something people will pay too much for, and something that people will get rid of at any price without knowing its worth.

also look at sizing, i think it's much better to buy and sell things that are easily posted, or even palm size. this way you never have to worry about shipping or arranging pickup times and so forth.

just give it a go.
>>
bimp
>>
>>1265141
Someone would notice and then it's fraud
>>
>>1265165
>basically just something people will pay too much for, and something that people will get rid of at any price without knowing its worth.

like what? That's a weird combination of qualities.
>>
>>1265278
Sounds like iPhone covers.
>>
>>1265222
Just put an (*) at bottom of ad and say it was "puffery" when confronted desu senpai
>>
>>1265141
Pretty sure ebay sides with the buyers in most cases, sellers are always complaining about it. So what will happen is they'll file a claim and prove you comitted fraud, they'll get their money back, and you probably won't even get the laptop back, ebay will just ban you.

Have fun.
>>
>>1265583
I am aware of this but I cant imagine a normie going under the properties menu just to make sure all the specs line up
>ebay sides with the buyers in most cases
all cases. my feedback yould eventually catch up to me butim just lookin to make a quick buck this summer between jobs.
>probably won't even get the laptop back
theyd have to send me a box of rocks that weighed the same. also unlikely
>ebay will just ban you
lol they can ban my account. they dont even verify emails. if a guy had a drop house he could make a bot and bid on a few thousand items a day. thered be a few stupid enough to ship before payment and it would just be a supply of free shit. my methods less risky and i would accept refunds so i doubt thered be any legal recourse. no more than a sleazy used car dealer
>>
>>1265634
The first thing I did when I bought a laptop from eBay last month was check that the specs were right.
>>
>>1265669
And youre a 4chan virgin autist. Im talking about chad who just needs a facebook machine with microsoft word before the new semester
>>
How would you specifically target normies? Is there a method?
>>
>>1265141
My roomate in college did/does this. He flips gameboy games and nerf guns primarily. Just go to garage sales and get stuff at discount, and buy lots of video games and sell them individually. My friend made thousands doing this in High school and beyond.

Make sure you are prompt and have good customer service
>>
>>1265698
posting on facebook
>>
Normies don't buy a laptop on eBay, they go to Best Buy and buy a new mac. Most people that would buy a laptop on eBay know what they are doing.

You're better off just being honest about what you're selling, as you will have good feedback and be able to continue doing business. It's better to consistently make a smaller profit over a long period of time than to try to scam and probably get caught the first time.
>>
>>1266856
Im gonna lie
>>
>>1265141
>would normies notice?

Nope. Normies don't care about specs.

Just call it a "gaming" laptop or some shit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.