[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to /biz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Hello everyone,

I'm no stranger to 4chan but I am new to /biz and will do some digging around in various threads and see what I can take from it.

Basically I'm broke, early 20's just barely scraping by and in need of some good ideas to make more money (etc. investments, stocks, ...) and figured I'd post on here and hopefully get some kind of response.

What I AM looking for: some way to invest my money/increase my bank account to have a nice cushion that I never really had.

What I AM NOT looking for: get rich quick, pyramid scheme, hand-out.

As is I already work 40+ hours a week and I'm burning myself out. If anyone could help I would be immensely grateful

Thanks from OP
>>
>>1262745
Invest in yourself so you can be more valuable to employers.
>>
File: Budget.jpg (176 KB, 1352x536) Image search: [Google]
Budget.jpg
176 KB, 1352x536
>>1262745
First thing you need to do is a detailed budget. Poor people, that's us, lie to themselves about their wasteful expenditures. Only when you have every expense/debt on paper next to your income + assets will you truly understand your position.

If you're serious, open up bare-bones excel sheet and fill it with every expense. Ive attached an example of one i made for myself. I did it weekly because i get paid weekly. Ive converted all my bills into weekly amounts.
Notice how i even have "coffee" listed under debits? Because i spend 5$ every working day on a large flatwhite. Be honest about your bullshit.

I even highlighted my compound interested formula calculation that takes into account monthly contributions at multiple rates.
>>
>>1262745
>Basically I'm broke
>Tell me how to get rich
Wew lad, that's not very original. Tell us your strengths and weaknesses or something.
>>
>>1262745
>investments
KNPD
>>
>>1262774
I am good with graphic design, 2D and 3D. I'm good with my hands and learn easily. I've been playing guitar for a few years and have a strong grasp on music theory. I'm average/muscular and do a lot of lifting as part of my job. I'm quick at problem solving and staying level-headed. I'm a hard worker and put my best foot forward with a cheery personality.

Good?
>>
>>1262793
This isn't a job interview bro, but that's some good fire. What's your actual living situation like? How much do make a month and how much do you spend?
>>
>>1262745
First thing to look at is your actual expenses RIGHT NOW! eliminate wasteful expenditure.
things like" mobile phone/internet/pay tv plans, Gym memberships you don't use,
Look at what your spending on take away food verses cooking your own etc.its hard becuase some of those things ARE COMFORT expenses. learn to do with out is the toughest bit.
>>
>>1262840
Tv = trash. Phone I know you can go super cheap. You can use free apps. But internet? Gym I could see how you can shape or go for cheaper options.

But internet, nigga are you crazy? Some people only have 2 internet choices. And it's probably as important as some of your other utilities.

Is there some kind of magic internet plan that's cheap?
>inb4 datacap of 2gb
>>
>>1262773
That's great work man, keeping track and all!

4.7k dollars for vacation? that sounds pretty chill.
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1262759
This is true. I found myself miserable at work because I wasn't a team player and couldn't work with others. I think feigning gratefulness and behaving as a subordinate to everyone can get you places.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.