[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you fucking faggots, I need legitimate answers from shitposters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 42
File: Pokemon-Go-2-325x183.jpg (17 KB, 325x183) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Go-2-325x183.jpg
17 KB, 325x183
Alright you fucking faggots, I need legitimate answers from shitposters here.

What the appeal of this pokemon go thing? I'm seeing middle-aged women walking around playing it without a clue what the fuck they're doing. These are the types of bitches who need help locating their resume in My Documents and attaching it to an e-mail message.

Yet there the fuck they are, playing pokemon go at the grocery store like a fucking seven-year-old.

What pisses me off more is the twenty-somethings that are playing this (majority of which are men). What the fuck is your deal? This is literally your existence. Right now. You're playing with virtual pets on your fucking smartphone. You clap like a fucking imbecile every time you catch a fucking Pidgey or some shit. I'd say kill yourself, but it's literally starting to interest me what the fuck is wrong with you people.

/b/, please explain to me the sensation of pokemon go. Why the fuck are the future molecular biologists, physicists, doctors, lawyers, etc. being replaced by faggots trying to "catch them all"? This is worse than my little pony.

inb4 fucking normie
>>
faggot shitposter here,

sharing ur pain OP.. people are just stupid cunts
>>
File: czecht.png (45 KB, 2048x1180) Image search: [Google]
czecht.png
45 KB, 2048x1180
>>695329711
czeched
>>
You go out, explore new areas, and catch Pokemon with friends. What's hard to understand about that?
>>
>>695329711
don't you play games, OP? i could change "pokemon go" in your argument to any game you play and it would still be relevant. maybe you should stop judging people?
>>
>stop liking what I don't like, losers
>>
Gotta catch em all like i did when i was small
>>
>>695329926
It's not "hard to understand" the game. What's "hard to understand" is the interest in that activity. No wonder feminism is so prevalent, we're just letting it happen.

It's just a social media tool like Facebook where you interact with fake creatures on a screen. I get that. That's not hard to understand. I'll say it again, because you missed my point, is WHY DO YOU LIKE IT? Is there no such thing as social morality anymore? If you play this and honestly deep down enjoy playing it, you require mental examination.
>>
>>695330139
I think the problem with you faggots is that you have that embryonic thing going on. Where you crave to be back in your mother's womb so you cling to childhood like it's some sort of safety hinge. I believe it's called, "failure to launch" but go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: 4229551-155.png (19 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
4229551-155.png
19 KB, 220x300
this thread
>>
File: 1468628503556.jpg (186 KB, 1600x1050) Image search: [Google]
1468628503556.jpg
186 KB, 1600x1050
>>695329711
Alright, i laughed at your stupid shit
>>
>>695329711
>worse than my little pony

nothing is worse than that. OP = faggot because Pokemon Go = AWESOME!
>>
>>695330460
Wow just chill. I wonder how ur life is that makes u so mad
>>
Im 26 and honestly its just living out the childhood dream.

When pokemon came out it was and still is the best thing ever. I lived and breathed it. Once they started coming out with those new gen pokemon is when i stopped following. I still was a fan of the original 150 though...

I used to fantasize how awesome it would be if pokemon were real and what being a pokemon trainer would be like.

It just so happens that finally in 2016 i would be able to live that dream.
Obviously yes we know its not real but its the closest we can get.
It makes me feel like a kid again. Being an adult fucking sucks....my golden years were my pokemon years so of course i want to relive it.
>>
>>695329711
Awright, I don't give a fuck if you're serious or not, so I'll give it as a concise of a TL;DT as I can.

Nintendo nostalgia bait at its best, really.

Pokemon GO appeals to both people who played the original games and those who remember the stuff from the TV show, since they can be separate entities entirely.

The entire draw of either was the ability to throw a fucking pokeball and catch something that you had to go and find- they're not supposed to be just absolutely fucking everywhere (not the good ones at least).

Giving people the actual ability to go out, see something outside, and catch it is enticing for everyone who was ever interested in the series.

No one's giving up their careers for this shit, it's still a fucking game. People aren't dropping out of schools to play Pokemon like they are for other big "eSports."

If you were never into pokemon as a kid, I'd skip it, unless you have a group of friends who're playing. Then, just go out and have fun with them. Or not. Because spoiler alert, it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>695330322
People like pokemon nigga, get with it
>>
>>695329711
Nostalgia
Thats why nigger
>>
>>695332423
He's not serious. But nice
>>
How can you be so butt hurt because people enjoy walking around outside and catch virtual pets. Why do you care what other people do. Mind your own fucking business, that old grandma playing pogo isn't going to affect your life one bit.
>>
>>695330460
I played basketball as a child and I still play it today and I function as an adult. I don't play Pokémon Go I just think that's a bad explanation OP
>>
>>695329711
you were to poor to own a gameboy when you were little, weren't you?
>>
>>695329711
1 part nostalgia
1 part going outside and socializing.
I went outside yesterday to play at a lure spot (a pokestop where someone put an item to attract pokemon) And made like five new buds. We went to the bar afterwards and now i've got them on FB and on my phone.
>>
File: 3531241242_d03e0b54e7_z.jpg (105 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3531241242_d03e0b54e7_z.jpg
105 KB, 500x375
>he had no childhood and is feeling left out when the others called him a faggot for not joining in with them
>>
>>695329711
I fucking hate how all the casuals and normies are now into fucking Pokemon now.
>>
>>695333393
>casuals and normies
>literally posting in /b/ about a pokemon go thread
You're the normie anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDrIlN9AAw TRIGGERED
>>
File: JUST.jpg (37 KB, 440x386) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
37 KB, 440x386
>>695333393
>thinking you're special for memorizing 700+ Pokeymans while everyone else got a life
>>
File: LKJKLJL.png (298 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
LKJKLJL.png
298 KB, 500x628
>>695333393
Jesus Christ, who cares? It's not some fucking secret club. Let them have it. casuals and normies is the NEETest shit i've ever heard.
Also
>pic related.
>>
>not wanting to be the sickest gymleader in your city
>not wanting to show off your collection of all the pokemans

Other than that, there are probably people like me that need a reason to go outside for a bit. When its nice weather etc im still hesitant often because i feel as if its a worse way to spend the time rather than doing something fun on my pc.
Now theres somewhat of a bigger appeal to go outside. Rewards are key to a lot of people to make them do anything. Just see it as a good thing.
>>
File: GaNQvU.jpg (66 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
GaNQvU.jpg
66 KB, 600x750
fuck if I know
>>
File: pm.jpg (90 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
pm.jpg
90 KB, 640x960
Why do you like coming here? This is just a less interactive, less personal social media outlet.

I think that a lot of the generation that never played Pokemon that is playing Go is just hypewagoners; they see memes and publicity all over for it, think, "Hey, I like Candy Crush and Farmville and am becoming more and more irrelevant with each year I age; why the fuck not try and fit in?" It'll fizzle out for them more than likely after a bit.

As for me and my dudes, we just play because we all enjoy the sort of luck based collection system structured around something nostalgic. Of course, the only reason we feel that way is because we play legit video games where getting rare shit gets you stoked too, so getting rare Pokenigs is enjoyable if you enjoy the game already.
>>
>>695333746
It's fucking 721 moron, get it right.
>>
It's fun, gets you moving. made better if you got some pals with ya. simple as that.
Nigger faggot
>>
>>695330322
> playing Pokémon is socially amoral
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>695329711
Pokemon GO was created to take over the world. People are playing this without knowing what's going on around them or in the world. Basically Pokemon GO was created so people won't realise that World War 3 is coming.
>>
>playing mobile games at all

You either have to be 8 or the saddest person alive to play mobile games
>>
>>695334364
Pokemon Go is skynet? I guess none would see that coming.
>>
>>695334364
I hear this a lot and don't get it. it's not like i'm spending every waking minute of my life playing GO, and i still go on /pol/ for muh happenings.
>>
>>695329711
part of the appeal is that us twenty and thirty somethings grew up with pokemon, i'm 33 and when i had my first job when I was like 16, my first paycheck i bought a gameboy color and pokemon red. I think part of it is nostalgia, part hype, and part curiosity. All in all, it's not really that bad a game, not that good either considering the only battles you get to do are at gyms, no peer to peer friendly battles yet. But hey, consider this, at least it's getting a lot of those fatass neckbeards out of the basement to walk around and work off some of that lard while they're trying to catch pokemon. Well, at least the ones who don't use a rooted BLUestacks and fake GPS to play it on their pc. ALso, please excuse the problems with capitalization in my post, my shift key is sticky because my wife spilled soda on it last time she used my computer so it's kinda wonky.
>>
Since the game has come out I've walked an average of 9.6miles a day. I get out and walk with friends for hours a day rather than just sitting on my ass playing video games after work. Its something fun that everyone I know is into that costs basically nothing.
>>
>>695329711
Obvious b8, but ill bite for those who actually dislike the game or dont understand why normies are playing it

It's a fun thing to do with friends, which many of you do not have. It doesn't take skill to play it, everyone is (for the most part) given the same opportunity as others. The fact that some are more rare than others gives you a sense of accomplishment. Being put in teams will obviously fuel rivalries between friends, and this will make you want to do better than them in it.

Then there's the fucking weeaboo neckbeards who just play anything that's Pokemon related, but fuck it, to each their own.
>>
Im 28 and play this shit a lot. Addicting as fuck... its nostalgia.
>>
Ima pokemaster I hax gps location at those lurs
>>
>>695334468
You're right. Let's sit in one place for 8 hours insulting children's mothers because they got a headshot on us in COD.
>>
>>695331959
Exact same story here too except I'll be 26 this November, so close in age still.
>>
>>695334634
I've seen people walk out in front of cars without looking because they are playing Pokemon GO, they didn't even realise that they where about to get hit by a car. When Pokemon GO was released in my country it was just like people was zombies, all was looking in there phones, it was crazy.
>>
>>695330322
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-is-more-than-just-a-game-its-a-phenomenon-thats-bringing-people-together/#6bc445244743

socially wrong, yet it brings people closer and makes them more social, nigga you stoopid
>>
>>695335296
Not my fault you can't control your binge gaming sessions and tard rage
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-17-18-51-07.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-17-18-51-07.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Because I can find shit like this just walking down the road to the gas station to get a snack and that shit is the kind of thing I like
>>
lot of us have waited 20 years for a pokemon experience like this

let them have their fun before it gets old in a month or the first person dies walking into traffic
>>
>>695330322
>Hanging out with mates is a social media tool
>>
File: 1464145345712.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1464145345712.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>695329711
>>
>>695330322
It sounds like OP is just a bitter, cynical, sad little man. Did someone beat your gym score, lil guy?
:^)
>>
Don't see the hype, has not been able to log in for 3 days anyway.
Total amateurs don't even know how to clone servers in a datacenter,
What a bunch of noobs.
This is WoW all over again.
>>
>>695333393
pokemon was never NOT a normie thing, you fucking sperg
>>
>>695335589
I'm not OP but was is best?
Being a sad manchild who is spending their life on hunting virtual pokemons or an autistic fag that just don't get why ppl do this?
>>
>>695330322
have you ever played a video game before?
>>
>>695329711

hey OP I think it's mainly because the concept of augmented reality is really cool and appealing to people. moving around on a map that accurately represents your location with GPS and then having a little create appear in your world by using your phone's camera is just pretty neat. I only played for one day to check it out, but I admit seeing a little pokemon on the street and tossing pokeballs at it was pretty exciting at first. this is the first mainstream execution of something like this.

also people are naturally competitive and increasingly materialistic, so playing against your buddies and catching more pokemon than your friends is fun for people.

pic unrelated.
>>
File: chinpokomon.jpg (61 KB, 1276x720) Image search: [Google]
chinpokomon.jpg
61 KB, 1276x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeoB1voCit4
>>
>>695335513
I've actually never played more than the single player campaign on a single game in the franchise. If you'd have looked more closely and actually had any sense you'd understand that you misinterpreted my comment terribly. I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1420662347415.jpg (107 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1420662347415.jpg
107 KB, 625x626
>>695329711
xd you cant participate in any form of entertainment if you are a adult or you're a brain dead wetard
or if you rather
you cant like something more that 4 people like if you want to be a kool internet kid like me
>>
>>695335676
uhh, dude the game's been up for a while now. lately when they've had problems with the server, it only lasts a couple hours, try again.
>>
>>695335820
You realize that there are far more than those two extremes that are playing the game, right? You are generalizing so fucking hard you remind me of a goddamn feminist.
>>
>>695335898

*little creature
>>
>>695329711
I'm with you boi, I have hurt my brain trying to understand what's so hip about it.
>>
>>695329711

ur a bad person
>>
File: Doggo.jpg (13 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
Doggo.jpg
13 KB, 332x332
People are going outside and having fun.
Deal with it you dumb nigger.
>>
tell me why PokemonGO doesn't suck...
>ProTip: You Can't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_qLLEiWbI
>>
>>695336062
I only stated one who was playing Pokemon GO and that was the manchild, it would be a good thing to learn to read before you reply.
>>
>>695335923
If you think that I can't detect sarcasm then you are the dumbest nigger in this thread.
>>
>>695330322
>No wonder feminism is so prevalent, we're just letting it happen.

Ah okay, so you're shifting the goalposts to feminism now.

Let me paint a picture here. Overweight, poorly shaven, under-employed, did poorly in high school, completed some college, virgin, and, to top it off, identifies as a member of the 'alt-right'. What's my tally here? Did I hit the mark?
>>
>>695334228
Kek
>>
The game has gotten me to get out with friends more often and exercise. I even got my bike out and took it for a spin, I forgot how much I like to ride. Its a good way to socialize and exercise while still playing a good game. From the looks of it OP, you're just a closeminded cuck that didn't have a childhood and that just wants to bash it because others enjoy it.
>>
>>695336339
>implying you didnt miss the point entirely
>>
>>695330064
THIS also op is a fag that thinks hes super smart by trying to argue with the world but almost none of his arguments are valid
>>
leafy is a cuck and pokemon go makes other people cucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDrIlN9AAw
>>
>>695329711
theres someone writing a post like this about posts like this. what a time to be alive.
>>
>>695336667
Sorry dude, if you need a game to go out with friends and exercise you really need to consider what you're doing with your life
>>
>>695329711
"I'm a fat nigger that sits at my computer all day and doesn't want to go outside to enjoy the real world with other people reeeeeeeeee"
>>
>>695337127
So you need a game to go out??
>>
>>695329711
Actual reason for appeal? It's p much a real world pokemon mmorpg that's p much accesible to anyone in a first world country. Interactivity is what most people wanted from a pokemon game the answer to that plesd is implement it in reality. It not just a character in a game anymore interacting with the in game world, (gonna sound real cliche and cheesy) it's you interacting with the real world. That's why it's probably doing so well. If you're mad about a lot of people liking something you don't it'll blow over soon with all the bandwagon losers that haven't even heard of pokemon before this hopping off.
>>
>>695329711
I think it comes down to why do you care? Let people enjoy what they will.
>>
>>695336724
I'm impressed by how dumb you think I am. You must be really arrogant. I'm going to stop responding so you can feel like you won.
>>
>>695336907
Hey, maybe that's his life, m8. He isn't controlled by your fucking schedule and rules, let him be. You're like my fucking dad. Expecting every one of his sons to have his interests, and if they don't theyre worthless.

Inb4 I am worthless.
>>
>>695337474
you're worthless, son
>>
>>695337455
I don't need to win anything, you clearly already lost the gene pool lottery. So I'll take the element of choice away from you and let you believe you've won. You've earned it champ.
>>
File: tumblr_m5ufc4GwJ61qdhsxp.0.jpg (23 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5ufc4GwJ61qdhsxp.0.jpg
23 KB, 500x327
>>695337634
You got me there
>>
>>695337474
I'm not hating, but there is something wrong if you need a game to go out and socialize.
>>
>>695336907
>if you need a game to go out with friends and exercise you really need to consider what you're doing with your life

He just did. He's going out with friends now and exercising. The end result was essentially the same.

On the flip side, what do you do with your life? Are you exercising and regularly hanging out with friends?
>>
>>695331959
Same here, 31.
>>
File: 1466996424868.png (10 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
1466996424868.png
10 KB, 256x197
>>695329711
Fucking normal
>waste of dubs
>>
>>695336907
I did that before and I'm not saying that before it came out I didn't, it's just that I've been doing it more since it came out
>>
>>695337792
I don't need a game to socialize, I just spent the last two days hanging with my friend in Duluth, and the few days before in Wisconsin with the gf. Maybe he uses it as an excuse to hang out, I dunno. I'll pull up the app occasionally to check up on things, and ask my friends how their collection is coming.
>>
>Be 24
> Employed
> All bills paid
> Spend all day playing pokemon go with friends
> Come home get drunk with gf
>Gf gets black out drunk and passes out in bed
> Put it in her pussy
> Get off
> Make food, watch netflix
> Put it in her butt
> Get off
> Today was okay
>>
>>695337429
many people on this site need more than just "experiencing the world" to go out, so yes, OP probably does need a game to actually go outside.
>>
>>695337690
You're on the internet. You can't take shit from him. Edgy /b/tardism at its finest.
>>
I want to see if it's actually any good or if it's as boring as it looks from what i've seen (just swiping a screen basically!?) but i'm paranoid that big brother will be watching me which just gives me too much of an easy feeling even though i'm sure they don't give a fuck about me
>>
>>695336907
>>695337429
>>695337792

>you need a game to leave the house? Loser

Is this now the go-to counter argument for when people say it's getting them out of the house? Because it's fucking bad.
>>
>>695338883
Just turn off the AR cam, it's a nice option.
>>
File: ujelly.jpg (125 KB, 1167x622) Image search: [Google]
ujelly.jpg
125 KB, 1167x622
>>695329711
>other people are having fun
>I'm not having fun
>stop liking what I don't like

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MFW you will never be the very best, like no one ever was.
>>
>>695338843
I reply to a stupid comment with a sarcastic comment and get an even more stupid comment in a return. I'd say that's everyday /b/. I achieved something today.
>>
>>695338760
>>695338890
I'm just saying that go hang out with your friends or go out if you want to, not because of a fucking game.
>>
>>695339240
>implying you weren't trying to feel superior on the internet
>>
>>695329711
You have to go outside, of course neckbeards don't see the appeal
>>
>>695339278
Nobody actually said that they didn't get out without the game, just that the game got them out more.
>>
>>695329711
Is pokemon go the new vaping? seriously who cares, it's a trend, it will go away in a month or two.
>>
27 m here

it has the same appeal as other games which is to beat the shit out of other people in a virtual setting. the only difference is you actually HAVE to go out to level up.

on top of that, literally all my friends are playing. these are people I haven't seen in 4 or 5 years that I've seen every day for the past week. it's amazing. even this super cute girl from back in the day is talking to me again and it's giving me something to look forward to.

so there you fucking faggot, hope that clears some shit up.
>>
>>695339420

The scary thing is that if it keeps its popularity for a few months and isnt broken to hell and back by then some of those fat neckbeards might become something resembling human again.

Its got people exercising and socializing who normally wouldn't even leave their house if it was burning down around them.

Pokemon GO might just be the cure one of the cancers plaguing our world.
>>
>>695339337
I couldn't give a shit what you faceless shits think about me. Fresh bait required.
>>
>>695329711
Not sure what the big deal is but for me there's some nostalgia in playing pokemon like this.

That being said, the game is pretty dry, I'm over it after level 6. And I don't at all understand why 30 somethings are playing it round the clock
>>
>>695338890
What I'm doing with my life??
Right now I'm taking a shit, while I'm waiting for my class.
>>
>>695329711
>>695329868
This bait is shit l2logic. (y)
>>
>>695329711
He is right, fuck this pokemon go shit, just another distraction from real life.
>>
>>695329711
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I would like to since I know a adult that plays this Shit and he's a fat ass living at home with his parents and makes no effort to work or do anything other than be completely lazy as Fuck and it disgust me. My opinion is if you're an adult, 17 and up and you aren't in school making good grades or either working a decent job and you play this Shit you need to kill yourself. Its fucking disgusting
>>
>>695339761
M A X I M U M E D G E
>>
>>695336296
What the fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>695339813
Think you replied to the wrong comment mate.
>>
>>695339278
I hung out with my friends long before this game came out, but we all had a shared love of pokemon so this is even better for my group of friends.
>>
>>695339917
Not caring what anonymous people on an anonymous board think about an anonymous post. Yeah. Edgy. You guys need some new buzz words.
>>
>>695340021
You are correct!
>>
>>695339733
No, these fucking skum should be a contributing part to society and not playing some bullshit fucking game. Grow the Fuck up
>>
>>695340216
>telling me you don't care what I/we think is relevant
Kek, you're sounding like a newfag
>>
>>695330322
Kek

Why do you even care?
>>
>>695329711
Never heard of tamagochie ???

No because uour 15 now gtfo
>>
I play it so i can potentially hook up with my transitioning friend (mtf) , male here lvl 21
>>
>>695341046
Says the person who are playing Pokemon GO
>>
File: peppyhoodie.png (196 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
peppyhoodie.png
196 KB, 320x320
>>695329711
>What the appeal of this pokemon go thing?

some people find it fun
/thread
>>
>>695329711
you lost all credibility in your rant when you said pokemon is worse than bronies
>>
>>695329711
It's fun. And also this game has made me go out of the house more often
>>
>>695330322
Its the nostalgia, thinking back about the old gameboy pokemon games, building a collection, the excitement of exploring and finding new things with friends, taking nice walks on sunny days, meeting new people, finding new places, getting out of the house and getting fresh air, having fun. Shit you wouldn't understand because you're a twelve year old shit poster who's mad because he doesn't even have a phone to play Pokemon GO.
>>
>20somethings and below are playing the shit out of it.
>It's actually a pretty fun game
>Middle aged people follow them blindly like they did with facebook

Sheep follow herds.. All I can say..

It's a pretty fukken fun game too
>>
File: 1468087154210.jpg (64 KB, 460x530) Image search: [Google]
1468087154210.jpg
64 KB, 460x530
>>695329711
I played it for about 4 days. Then I realized that there was absolutely NO depth or reason to play other than dominating a gym temporarily and collecting virtual creatures.

I go outside anyway so that old excuse didn't wash- but perhaps for some people it helps with that. When it comes to the social argument, this game is the least social thing in years. There is no friending option or chat and you have to assume who is playing pokemon go, which ends up making you look stupid 9/10 times.

Add to that the only interaction the game gives is an acknowledgement other people are playing, I haven't heard of any actual friendships coming out of this.

It's basically a dumb normie fad and the worst pokemon game ever, and I don;t even care about pokemon.
>>
>>695341773
well your like 10 if you think adults are following kids.

a lot of people are probably 30 years old now when game first came out. they like the game also idiot
>>
>>695340411
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>695330044
Not really, since this game has the least depth of any I've come across, which is why stupid 40 year old women can learn to play it. And most games, other than MMOs, don't consume someones life to this extent, it should be a past-time in free time.

If you need this game to go outside or meet people, you are pretty sad. And if you go outside anyway, this game is a stupid distraction from those around you when you could just be enjoying the day.
>>
>>695341990
Game came out in 96, target audience was 10 year olds, so I guess 30 year olds could play it.

>OMG HE SAID 20-29 AND SOME PEOPLE WHO PLAY ARE 30, HE MUST BE A KID!

That's how you sound right now..
>>
>>695342399
"OMG IM A COCK SUCKING FAG AND IMMA TRY TO SOUND COOL BY Re-WRITING WHAT HE WROTE IN A GAY CHILDISH TONE!! YEAH!! I GOT HIM!!! IM HELLA COOL!!!! THAT WILL SHOW HIM!!!"

That is how you sound
>>
>>695342765
Ironic shit right there
>>
>>695329711
shit man, i was fucki g around with pokemon go at the gas station. i see these two trainers shoot up from behind me, i turn around and its a car with 2 girls in it. they start calling out the window "your shirts cool" then "your beards cool" then "your tattoos cool". all the while im standing there, locked in a moral conundrum: they are obviously underage, im married, and im in texas. the universe trolls the hardest.
>>
>>695342217
Is that what you'd do? Just enjoy the day? Gosh you're right, people should just not do what they like to do and enjoy the day. Good call.
>>
>>695342765
Learn to use punctuation when you're blindly swinging vague insults in all caps bro.

Because you're making yourself seem a little uneducated.

If you'd like to respond with something constructive to your side of the argument, that would be great too btw..
>>
>>695331959
What he said.
>>
Fucking pikachu.
>>
>>695336907
Only someone who has never had friends thinks you can just "go out" and you will magically get swept away on an adventure. Might I remind you that we are an advanced species of primate and going out usually consists of trying to fuck or eating food. So, since you can't do both of those things constantly, having a reason to go out for extended periods is nice. I wouldn't expect a faggot 4chan contrarian to understand anything about socializing or the real world.
>>
>>695342765
CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS
>>
>>695342117
This will work well enough to put me to sleep forever, due to the high concentration of cancer located in the area behind your screen.
>>
This thread is full of fucking nostalgia junkies that obsess over stupid shit that reminds them of their pure childhood. If you can look past the fucking bullshit nostalgia goggles you may realize how shit this game is.
>>
>>695343242
What she said
>FTFY

get it right nigger
>>
>>695336907
What a fucking loser!

>>695343464
What this faggot said ^
>>
>>695343608
If you look up from the screen you're shitposting on you'll see the interior of your mother's basement.
>>
>>695343608
The game might not be a AAA title, It might not require any skill what so ever.

It might just be a GeoCaching game with a pokemon skin.

It might just have awful balance mechanics, alongside a shit meta and a lot of grinding.

But people are finding it fun, so what's the problem?
>>
>>695343800
Topkek
>>
File: 1467440645973.gif (1 MB, 1275x916) Image search: [Google]
1467440645973.gif
1 MB, 1275x916
>>695343608
Thats why people who have never played plokemon before love the game. Whats it like trolling online? Is it a fulltime job or part time for you?
>>
File: 2zsafqkj05.jpg (626 KB, 1453x1192) Image search: [Google]
2zsafqkj05.jpg
626 KB, 1453x1192
>>695343179
1. you think i am trying to be grammatically correct when im trying too obviously type like an idiot for the example just proves you are beyond retarded
2. Starting a sentence with a capitalized word and ending it with a period does not make you more intelligent. You lack severe sentence structure so check yourself before you wreck yourself.

3. The idea of my response wasn't to be constructive. You prove to be incapable of basic comprehensive skills.
>>
>>695343608
Hey dont get me wrong i rage at how the aol doesnt follow the turn base combat and there are many ither features it still needs but obviously in due time the App will add these things.

I honestly am just in it for the hunting. Its fun as fuck.
>>
>>695342972
not you get how stupid you sounded first
>>
>>695343608
I bet your that guy who buys darksouls because of how cool it looks and says it sucks because you keep dying
>>
>>695330322
Sage

>Sage goes in all fields
>>
File: 1592117_grumpyvulpix_pokemongo.png (431 KB, 920x690) Image search: [Google]
1592117_grumpyvulpix_pokemongo.png
431 KB, 920x690
At high levels, you get to watch the pokemon go.
>>
>>695343179
Luk at this internet warrior, hes on fire YOUR gay.
i bet you get he pussy with that punctuation
>>
>>695329711
i would try it, but i have a new windows phone...
>>
File: 1468426723691.png (809 KB, 1280x1214) Image search: [Google]
1468426723691.png
809 KB, 1280x1214
>>
>>695330322
People in their 20's GREW UP WITH THIS SHIT!
My childhood memories (8-12 yo) is mid-july noons playing pokemon yelllow on a GB-Color. When they give you back the original 151 of kanto you played with as a kid, u gonna play with them as an adult.
Just nostalgia, thats the appeal.
>>
>>695343916
This is exactly my feelings. Plus it's free.
>>
File: 1465917406399.jpg (229 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
1465917406399.jpg
229 KB, 600x386
>>695344322
the classic "I got no comeback I am going to call him internet warrior/ Keyboard warrior" response
>>
>>695344069
Holy shit, okay so I'm actually really pleased you replied!

I love it when people take ages to think of a comeback like that!

You even numbered it!

Anyway, congrats on using the apostrophe button for the firsts time in your miserable life!
>>
>>695344647
*first
>>
File: 1213855_Eraquis_ladyolu.png (550 KB, 1047x1278) Image search: [Google]
1213855_Eraquis_ladyolu.png
550 KB, 1047x1278
People play it because everyone likes looking at the naked pokemon.
>>
>>695329711
I grew up in the nineties, and wasn't a total social outcast by then. Biggest tool I had to connect with others was pokemon, so I made it my business to know as much as possible. I wanted to be the kid that others would come to to sort out disputes over who would win, which was the best starter, etc. Obviously it backfired on me in a major fucking way as it revealed me for the autist that I am, and only helped to further my social isolation. Skip forward to the present day, be chronically depressed, have no job, and have a free to play game that gets your sorry ass outside for a few hours a day. Find that people are also playing it. Have two complete strangers turn to you and ask your opinion on starters. Feel your inner child stir inside you, weeping tears of joy. Enjoy a two hour conversation and finally, FINALLY, make some friends because of your knowledge of pokemon.

That's fucking why. Now quit shitting on my happiness you cunt.
>>
File: 18zfiehd9s.jpg (314 KB, 1275x1200) Image search: [Google]
18zfiehd9s.jpg
314 KB, 1275x1200
>>695344647
Lol I didn't even know I had the website opened because I was on imgur for a while.

But I like how you think what you think was so fucking clever that it took me more than 10 seconds to come with a comeback for that weakass shit lawls
>>
>>695329711
It gives meaning to their pointless lives. "Yeah! I leveld up awesome! aw cool look at all these bonuses I'm getting!" "Whoa neat is this thing rare/worth alot? I just managed to get one!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJG4aEtKeUw

And like you said, it's so easy a retard can pick it up.
If you're playing this on your own will and not because your friends made you play it and are playing with you then please, Kill. Your. Self.
>>
>>695343085
>Is that what you'd do? Just enjoy the day?
Yes
>Gosh you're right, people should just not do what they like to do and enjoy the day. Good call.

I mean that usually people are not truly 'enjoying' the game, it is pretty much a distraction. If you are already out doing something with friends, you would have more fun focusing on that then being glued to a fucking smartphone screen.

This game brings some people out, yes, but for people go already go out, it just means they are glued to a screen for even longer in the day, and you don't live in the moment.

It's like those people constantly on the phone when out with mates, it ruins the day for them and their friends.
>>
>>695345284
No u
>>
>>695345284
dude FUCK YOU ok its just a game so what its obviously more successful than you
>>
It's depressing that it's roots were ingress, and now the game is cheapened. And far less social. It's like taking 3 years back in evolution. We've gone from a tactical game to a toddlers game.
>>
>>695333746
How's your life going then? I'm sure shitposting on /b/ is a great indication.
>>
>>695345148
>usin imgur

yeh good excuse faggot. tell more about imgur so we beleivs you!
>>
File: 1468013113190.png (943 KB, 634x623) Image search: [Google]
1468013113190.png
943 KB, 634x623
>>695345559
>hurr you're just jealous

Are you actually 12? "it's more successful than you"- what? A game is more successful than a person? That makes no sense but OK mate have fun obsessing over collecting literal pixels.
>>
>>695345768
>he can obviously type like a normal human being and he's fulfilled my grammar lust, let's take his bait even more
Kek
>>
>>695345341
My friend, my point was that maybe you would just enjoy the day, but others might seek to do something they enjoy. We don't all share the same interests, obviously. So why act as if everyone has the same standards for spending their time as you?
>>
File: 1468834748101.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1468834748101.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Yeah I was fine with this game until I saw literally LITERALLY fucking thousands of normies crowding parks, businesses, apartments and all the other places with tons of pokestops close to eachother.
It's downright infuriating just how much carnal desire is coming out of people right now. Restrain yourselves or soon someone will for you.
>>
>>695345148
It's mostly because you're really trying to use punctuation, I think the numbered thing was pretty funny too if I'm honest.

It just makes me picture you sitting there thinking really hard for a while and coming up with things bit by bit..

I'll bounce on my boys dick later on thinking of how incoherently thick you seem to be
>>
>>695346190
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>695343547
If you're referring to the shit you're posting then I completely agree.
>>
>>695330322
>why is everyone so different than me?
>why is it so hard to understand everyone?

It's called autism OP. We all know it's hard.
>>
>>695346121
It is subjective, yes, but my point stands that most peoples consensus would previously be that spending all day on a smartphone is a trait of a boring person.

I guess that is not the case whilst this is a fad but damn am I sick of hearing about this dumb normie shit. "Oh look how funny a diglet is where my peepee is XD".

Fine, have fun with it, but stop rubbing that shit in my face. It's just so boring and over-saturated at this point.
>>
>>695329711
Eh... I know its hard for people like you not to be ignorant but just try and examine some of the things that you do that are a waste of time but entertain you.. Like do you watch tv, shitpost on the interwebs, surf /b/ maybe? Are you just constantly working or doing "adult things" and literally have 0 time for nonsense.. I'm 22 and I have a job and go to school and all that crap and I still play it on my free time because I played it as a child and its fun for me, my girlfriend, my family and friends to have something to do together. Plus I really like walking I work on computers all day so stretching my legs and moving about outside is therapeutic. I get that you probably think that the whole virtual monster thing is stupid and lame but are you sure ur not just being a bigot about the thing that you like? It's like when a little kid likes very particular trends and gets pissed off that they can't understand why other kids like different trends so they talk shit on each other. Everything is stupid and lame and we are all just kids on the inside its all about what you think of yourself. So if an adult wants to catch pokemon on their free time you really can't talk too much shit about it without being an ego-centeric dickhead. Don't act like your shit doesn't smell. You don't have to get it.
>>
>>695346273
Here you go
>>
File: fuckingkids.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
fuckingkids.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
I agree with OP. Fucking grow up and use that time doing something useful with your life. There are 24 year olds working on Pokemon Go making 100K+ salaries while you're the dumbass using their product on your break at Walmart.
>>
Since we're on the topic, where pokemon game is the best? Just downloaded a GBA emulator and this thread has me in the mood to play pokemon
>>
>>695345768
ever heard of something called multiple tabs lmao
>>
>>695346595
fr/lg
>>
>>695346676
agreed
>>
>>695346435
I completely understand that you are tired of the oversaturation of it. Try putting up with the nonsense of everyone I know either talking about walking dead, game of thrones, or sports in general. But I let them do their Thang...
>>
Weight lost. Anything else, you pay a consulting fee.
>>
>>695334634
You're a fucking degenerate and you should kill yourself.

t. /Pol/
>>
>>695346580
I'm curious as to what your profession is and if you are employed atm?
>>
>>695346595
Leaf green. For when you absolutely, positively have to catch every motherfucker in the Kanto region... Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>695346920
I wouldn't be making this argument if I wasn't.

25/Linux Sysadmin/Self Taught/120K
>>
>>695329711
I enjoy my gaming, but these go fags are ridiculous. Trendy shit with a mediocre app. I'd rather play the emulated games personally if I had a choice
>>
>>695346790
I suppose. It's like last year with MUH STARWARS, which will probably be stupidly hyped with 100 plus trailers soon.

Honestly if the game was truly social, I'd play it, but you basically see people walking around looking at screens and occasionally grunting at others playing the game.

Kinda depressing really.
>>
>>695346435
LOL someone is a downer. What you are saying makes sense but saying stuff like that just makes you look like a grump ass lmao. No one likes a party pooper. If its not significant to you then it shouldn't get under your skin. It's a sign of weakness to be triggered by something you supposedly don't care about. In fact it has moved to a state of being important to you just because you let your frustrations get the best of you. Imagine the grumpy loser that's is in every TV show. You're being that guy.
>>
>>695346676

What annoys me is you can't run in that game like the later versions
>>
File: dk9cp4jos7.jpg (1 MB, 1991x3487) Image search: [Google]
dk9cp4jos7.jpg
1 MB, 1991x3487
>>695346190
"It's mostly because you're really trying to use punctuation, I think the numbered thing was pretty funny too if I'm honest."

This sentence you wrote is perfect example of ironic because after the word punctuation you are suppose to use a period. So It is pretty hilarious how that applies to you.

Also let us discuss how you find the numbering funny when you are doing the same thing when you space each sentence. You are just not numbering them. So again pretty ironic on how you keep trying to make fun of me for doing the exact same thing.

It find it funny how I picture you face rolling the keyboard because you are an old fat fuck who probably failed every English class he has ever taken.

Your last sentence was so weak that I am not sure if it is an insult or you are admitting that you are a pedophile?

This response is so long you are probably about to bitch that I should of numbered each different point, but seeing as how you lack any proper incoherent logical thought it decided to not number any of this.

Also, that is the proper way of using the word "incoherent".

P.S. you probably at this point want to point out how long it took me to reply, but I came up with all this in an estimated time frame of 2-3 second; however, seeing as my typing speed is 93wpm it takes a minute or two to type it all out.

#suck a dick
#useingspacesin#iswrong
>>
File: 1432535010475.gif (2 MB, 346x185) Image search: [Google]
1432535010475.gif
2 MB, 346x185
>>695347316
>What is a bike
Just rearrange your items so the bike is close to the start of the popup menu
>>
>>695347069
That's why I asked and damn that's s nice salary for a job like that. I get my comp sci degree this spring. I've learned 90% of the useful information myself as well. Still don't think that would be unachievable while playing video games tho lol. I bet you waste hella time doing nerd stuff that has nothing to do with your professional life.
>>
>>695347332
holy shit!

Tl;Dr

Thanks for making my day though, nice thesis bro!
>>
File: 1468016780127.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468016780127.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>695347287
I don't really care THAT much, I don't complain in real life to people about it. But I prefer to not have to talk about the game and everybody is, and last time I checked this is a thread about peoples opinion on the game and I am merely stating I think it is stupid and that I don't like talking about it irl.

It is a minor annoyance, that is all, and I'd rather avoid it- is it not better to vent on here than annoy people talking about it to my friends?

I'm sure you have things you like to complain about on the internet, you use 4chan after all.
>>
File: 3fybt7aswv.jpg (977 KB, 1584x1628) Image search: [Google]
3fybt7aswv.jpg
977 KB, 1584x1628
>>695347557
"TL;DR"

The response of someone who got destroyed.

Also proves how this dumbass didn't read it all because I didn't number it.

Because numbering stuff makes people read for a long time. That is business fact for you.
>>
>>695347285
Such is life, anon. Such is life.
All I know is that happiness can be quite hard to find in life at times, so if it comes in the form of a wildy overhyped free mobile game, let them enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>695329711
Pokemon Go is garbage. So are the people that play it. That is the most simple answer I can give you. I myself REFUSE to play this stupid fucking game that has taken over the world. All Pokemon Go does is show how mindless the majority of the population really is. People are like fucking monkeys with a shiny rock...OH LOOK! SHINY! I hope everyone that plays this stupid fucking game gets hit by a car. Natural selection at it's fucking finest!
>>
>>695347703
niggers
>>
File: faggit.png (304 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
faggit.png
304 KB, 472x470
>>695333393
so close! where is the >>695333333
>>
>>695347909
"people are like monkeys"
I know you said it to be ironic but... yea duh we are like monkeys you fool! xDDD look in the mirror
>>
File: 1446833986276.jpg (23 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1446833986276.jpg
23 KB, 300x245
>>695347979
Either big gets auto filter or the mods are in no fun allowed mode
Also want to give out a shoutout to Ash Checkem
>>
>>695333333
who got em
>>
25, in STEM. Ill be putting it on the backburner once class starts up next week.
>>
>>695347550
That's awesome, keep at it. And yeah, just having a degree doesn't to cut it anymore. You have to work on your own side projects and keep your skills sharp. Most companies will put you to the test during interviewing so the more experience you have the better. I'm not saying you shouldn't game at all. You just need to be able to balance self improvement and entertainment.
>>
>>695348506
Oh, forgot to mention. Only really playing it cause I have nothing better to do and I need the exercise
>>
File: 1468427404654.gif (935 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
1468427404654.gif
935 KB, 200x154
>>695348506
>he fell for the STEM meme
>>
>>695347841
Keep arguing.
>>
File: watdafuq.jpg (141 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
watdafuq.jpg
141 KB, 1080x720
>>695337451
its pretty sad tho but eh let them sheeples play
>>
Op, it's autism plain and simple. The obsession/addiction/affinity for the game is quite literally autistic tendencies coming to the surface.
>>
>>695348874
I already won the argument. I destroyed that guy!
>>
>>695349126
Oh dear rando, you mustn't be feel so sad for them! For they are having the time of their life, and what are you having? Wasted time.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.