[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: IMG_4446.jpg (84 KB, 602x842) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4446.jpg
84 KB, 602x842
What were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist /b/?

>tfw god doesn't exist and you can't prove me wrong
>inb4 tips fedora
>inb4 im edgy
>inb4 im a neckbeard
>inb4 "OP can't inb4"
>>
File: peteboy.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
peteboy.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>694911136
>>
>>694911136
I believe in god so I can get into heaven if it exists
>>
near death experiences are proof of an afterlife
>>
>>694911449
But heaven doesn't exist. When you die you are reabsorbed into the Earth's crusf, you are not teleported to some magical paradise. Souls don't exist and you can't prove that they do.
>>
>>694911136
>be 12 years old
>grade 7 field trip to old ass church
>bishop tells us if you dont pray to god every night you with rot in hell for eternity
>called him an idiot and a liar
>got kicked out of field trip

Pretty much what he said to us made me stop believing.
>>
>>694911486
Nope, those are just hallucinations, and most "near death" experienced are people who weren't even clinically dead, their heart was still beating and they were dreaming.
>>
>>694911610
I know but for the little chance there is

llke better I believe in it and just die
than not believing and it actually existing
>>
File: doitforhim.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
doitforhim.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1200
>>694911136
>>694911622
>>694911449
>>694911695
Heathens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnIH4gomOqc
>>
>>694911727
this type of mentality is pathetic. this is the same as saying, welp, i don't know if the fucking spaghetti monster exists or not, better to be safe than sorry by praying to him every night!

what do you mean by "little chance"? there is NO chance. there is no evidence of a god, heaven, satan, or hell WHATSOEVER.
>>
>>694911136
Growing up in a secular county gods were never anything anyone brought up. It just doesn't exist.
>>
>>694911486
Then why do people under the influence of hallucinogenics or air force pilots doing high-g force centrifuge training go through the exact same thing despite not being even nearly dead?
>>
>>694911136

Kill yourself and then report back your findings then op
>>
>>694911856
whatever, jeez

let me eat in peace
>>
>>694911795
>i watched a video on youtube and i know everything now

nope, sorry. none of those facts are based on evidence whatsoever, they're just emotion.
>>
>>694911136
if heaven exists good, i havent done anything bad enough to constitute me not going to heaven
if it doesnt, well it doesnt
>>
I was 11 nigga, probably touching my dingdong waiting for it to grow bigger or some shit like that.
>>
I was fucking a woman
>>
>>694911136
asked dad why we don't got to church, he said because god doesnt exist
>>
>>694911856
>no evidence
>therefore it cannot exist

what are you? 12?
>>
File: IMG_1459-1-300x225.jpg (36 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459-1-300x225.jpg
36 KB, 300x225
>>694911136
Rare pic of OP.
>>
File: 8865zjo.jpg (63 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
8865zjo.jpg
63 KB, 540x540
>>694911136
*tips fedora*
sorry you edgy neckbeard, I believe
>>
OP is one of those cool proud atheist. Just as bad as the crazy Christians
>>
>>694912219
Watch out boys we got a live one
>>
>>694911136
Ironically I was at Sunday School.
>>
>>694912219
No, it's that we've already found evidence that directly disproves God and the paranormal.
>>
>>694911136

Proof of a God will also be proof the Christian god does not exist.
>>
>hit puberty
>growed brain
>growed logic
>>
>>694912219
I'm not who you were replying to, but I'd like to point out the flaw in your thinking. Step off that high horse, first of all. Now, realize that the argument is not that no evidence = impossible. But no evidence does = no reason to believe it.
>>
>>694911856
And there is evidence proving that they don't exist? You're extremely edgy OP. If that guy wants to be agnostic then let him, you can't act as though you have all of the answers to the universe. You're clearly not a scientist or someone that has knowledge of it. Is your explanation for something just "Lol math and scientist stuff, they know for me". Why don't you make your own decisions about what you want to believe and not infringe on others abilities to believe in something?
>>
I was on my way home from vacation Bible school when I was 7
>>
>>694912434
Links
>>
Watching Myself vanish in a mirror.
>>
>>694912444
^90% of the time^
>>
File: Dub Jesus.png (48 KB, 134x394) Image search: [Google]
Dub Jesus.png
48 KB, 134x394
>>
>>694911136
I was sitting on Santas lap when he got a hard on. It was then that I realised that god is just some dirty old fucktard that abuses his power over the young and naïve ones.
>>
>>694911449
sleezy m8, i'm sure "god" won't accept being cheezed
>>
>>694912443
no shit
>>
>>694911856
>there is no evidence of a god, heaven, satan, or hell WHATSOEVER
Why are you so stuck on Christianity? Heaven, Satan, and Hell are all relatively new concepts and have nothing to do with the existence of God. Even back before Christianity, Judaism had collected a few concepts (like the great flood) which really have nothing to do with the existence of God either. These concepts were social in design, not spiritual.

But the idea of God is different. The concept has remained relatively unchanged in countless religions, and people still have similar spiritual experiences which point them to God's existence. For such people, there is an abundance of proof.

Because their proof can't be shared (it's experiential in nature), it can't be evaluated scientifically. Yet, we're close. We can stimulate spiritual experiences in the bran using electricity or chemicals like DMT.

So if you have such a strong opinion on the subject, why haven't you had a spiritual experience yet?
>>
>>694911136
I became a deist when I was in highschool. It really was the moment I thought about the subject for more than five minutes. I thought about the fact that there are many different religions and they cannot all be true. Then I learned about natural selection, and that's all she wrote. Agnostic atheism is the only defensible position.
>>
>>694912500
Yes there is actually. In every single religion, God created the universe and everything in it instantly. This has been directly disproven by background microwave radiation and cosmological red shifts, which PROVE the big bang DID happen. Sorry faggot, guess you'll have to get over it.
>>
File: 1393172908158.jpg (139 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1393172908158.jpg
139 KB, 500x558
>>694911856
Wew lad, feeling a little superior are ya? Why don't you let people think what they wanna think and get off your high horse.
>>
>>694911136
I was fucking my nine year old wife aisha. I realised I could spout any old shite and say it was from the sky fairy.

"fight for me, get 72 virgins"
>>
>>694911136
How's the eighth grade champ?
>>
>>694911136
I was in Iraq pulling security when a crying woman shoved her dead infant into my face. She just wanted to bury it, we were not blocking her, but she wanted to make sure it was okay.
>if god was real, why would let terrible things happen to children?
>we are adults, we are responsoble for our own actions. But kids dont know any better and die all the time. Usually painfully.
>mothers drown their kids
>kids get sexually abused
>even the baby of a nigger is innocent
>a just and loving god woukd not permit children to get hurt in these ways.

>and if there is a god, and he knkws about all this but does nothing, I want no part in that
>>
>>694912484
That's not sound logic either. Anon was just saying that this idea that there is objectively no god is edgy. If you can find the reason to substantiate why you don't believe in it, that's something you're entitled to, but why is that interpretation the only one that should be considered logical. Frankly, who really cares? OP's logic doesn't work because it can go both ways.

THERE'S NO EVIDENCE TO DISPROVE GOD THEREFORE HE EXISTS. THERE'S NO EVIDENCE TO PROVE GOD THEREFORE HE DOESN'T EXIST. Both are innately flawed so we really shouldn't rely on that system of belief. If you want to be atheist because you don't believe it is plausible or substantiated to believe anything else that's your decision, but find other logical systems that don't work against your own ideas.
>>
>>694912740
Watch out boys we got a live cuck over here

spirits/souls and gods do not exist, sorry sweetheart
>>
>>694911136
>be in 7th grade
>be riding bus home
>comtemplating deep questions
>reliaze god doesn't make sense
>still believe in fear for a while
>decide if god were real it would know that I don't truly believe
>decide to live life in accordance with what i believe, which is that god doesn't exist
>Athiest to this day
>>
>>694912945
This
>>
>>694912945
>if god was real, why would let terrible things happen to children?
Why did you. No criticism.
>>
>>694913045
And apparently you can't read or understand nuanced points.
>>
I stopped believing in god (I attended sunday school and went to a religious school) when a family friend, who happened to be the best person i knew, died of breast cancer. Destroyed her whole family. This initial reason was later backed up by logic and general education.
>>
Being born.
>>
>>694912880
>stop telling me im wrong, i can think whatever i want to!
>>
File: 1440267782313.jpg (61 KB, 641x316) Image search: [Google]
1440267782313.jpg
61 KB, 641x316
>>694912871
The hormones are really acting up, aren't they. What did you just turn 14?
Many religious scripture compensates for the big bang theory as they are rather vague and still preserve room for science. Many Catholics I know still believe in science and can fit the big bang theory concept to align with their views.
>>
>>694912848
Thank you. Finally someone who actually understands the difference between atheism and agnosticism.
>>
Don't belive in Christianity...
>>
>>694911136
the burden of proof lies on the believer
>>
I think spirituality is good. Religion is someone's spirituality that gained massive popularity. Followers do not always find salvation within religion because they are not actively looking for spirituality in themselves. They take what is given, which is not enlightening or original.
>>
>>694913026
You seem confused. All I said was that since there is no evidence for any god, it is not reasonable to really think such things really exist. I am not asserting that there is no god. I am simply not convinced
>>
>>694913101
Turn it round. If you were an all powerful deity, why wouldn't you just... stop it?

Don't quote moral lessons and muh free will either, what about natural disasters that kill thousands, because?

This is the problem called theodicy.
>>
>>694913238
being a christian is not cherry picking the things out of your religion that you want to believe. god doesn't exist.
>>
>>694913101
Im not supposed to be all knowing and all powerful. I am not a god. If I was I would not allow this shit to happen anywhere to anyone.

but I do my best as a mere mortal. I am an athiest, but on all levels I am a good guy.
>>
>>694911136
just finished with fucking the mother of God when it came across my mind that Jesus is not God and God doesn't exist. I was sad
>>
>>694913394
Ah, I see. That response was more of a general response to the climate of the thread, but I understand your point. For the most part I myself am an agnostic that leans towards atheism, but I just can't stand the disdain that some people possess because they made a decision that feels right to themselves.
>>
Religion is a beautiful thing that I can't wait to pass onto my children. But I will forever shun those vile and murderous trucks and will never have anything to do with them.
>>
>>694912444
grew
>>
>>694913494
Because I wanted you to watch.
How much better are you after what you have done.
>>
When I was 5 and found my Christmas presents poorly hidden in a hallway.

Related, I also realised the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy were bullshit at the same time.
>>
>>694913511
Christ was arguably the first Christian, and he and his disciples spent their lives cherry picking the things in Judaism they liked. Christians are taught to emulate Christ and his disciples. You might want to rethink your position.
>>
>>694911332
>>694911449
>>694911695
>>694911727
>>694911795
>>694911940
Die filthy god lovers.
>>
>>694913524
No, you're not. Why was that baby dead. Is it because people are good.
>>
>>694913559
word. Then we have no significant disagreements. I am gonna go whack it now. peace
>>
>>694913692
Christ was the only true Christian tbh. He found enlightenment for himself. Everyone else is copying him, not seeking spiritual enlightenment for themselves within themselves. Others cannot feel the things he felt
>>
>>694913638
Better after watching the needless sufferings of thousands that I was powerless to prevent? No, if God exists it's time to storm heaven and make him explain himself.
>>
I love it when religious people are bombarded with logic that they can't deny, then they formulate some Ad hoc explanation about how God and their religion can only be experienced by themselves therefor science cannot disprove it. An Ad hoc explanation is a logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is continually backed by things that cannot be disproven, such as claiming you cannot disprove god because he is spiritual. God doesn't exist, get over it religitards.
>>
the retarded thing about people like OP is that they become just like the christian or any religion that presumes something with out really knowing...and OP is butthurt from christians. probably had a bad experience growing up. Something went wrong at sunday school for op and he's never been the same lol
>>
>>694913692
jesus was a jew you retard
>>
>>694911136
All human thinking and all logic is based on causality.
It is flawed since by definition the first ever action would have no "reason" as to why it occurred.
Means that this kind of logic can not explain existence at all.
Means that it is either wrong or not Universally true.
The way we think and use logic and reasoning is thereby most likely not universally true and can not be used to explain or dismiss this kind of Paradox.
But it dos imply that there was or is something that once did affect our universe without being part of our universe and without abiding the laws of causality.
This something fits basically the description of god, Omnipotent (can make stuff happen without a cause) Omnipresent(is not part of our universe jet can affect it).
However this dos not mean that this something is actually a god or that it has a mind or even that the creation of our universe was Intended.
But it dos mean that there is something that fits the description of a god and that could be considered a god.
The only thing we do still argue about it has actually some kind of consciousness or if it actions on our universe were merely random.
>>
>>694913511
Did you read what I wrote, or are you just rehearsing platitudes?
The bible is quite vague in how the universe came to be, other than God created it, there isn't really an explanation. There's nothing wrong with Christians absorbing science into their beliefs. Even Issac Newton devoted more time to religious studies than science. Science is not some independent belief system.

If what you suppose is true then all Christians don't believe in medicine, because it's a form of science, and if science is a belief system then their religion can't allow that. Obviously that's not true. I myself am an atheist but why should we demean people that have relatively aligning views just because they want to believe in something that provides catharsis or security? Are you jealous you couldn't be naive enough to believe that or are you not secure enough with your own decision to allow others to possess one that conflicts with yours?
>>
>>694913973
theres no logic is saying nothing made something. Its that simple
>>
>>694913928
I wish I could show you the truth,
But I'm powerless to respond.
>>
>>694913765
kek have fun dude
>>
>Sitting in college philosophy class
>ask teacher why God must allow evil
>teacher does in depth explanation, references the role of animals several times
>absolutely no idea what she's talking about, realise dog is god spelt backwards
>no way of unkowing this, faith forever shattered
>>
>>694913985
I obviously know he practiced Judaism
>he and his disciples spent their lives cherry picking the things in Judaism they liked
You're the one who's confused.
>>
>>694913626
Stfu noob
>>
>>694913686
Good for you. It baffles me how any sane adult can laugh about kids believing in the tooth fairy while they believe in god.
>>
>>694911136
Pretty sure God exists since islam is proof that the devil exists.
>>
>>694913692
>>694913692
when anon thinks he knew jesus.... did you guys use to hang out? everything you say your so sure about yourself. which is characteristics of a retard
>>
When I realized that literally only a billion or so people would be in heaven. Hell would basically be overflown
>>
>>694914040
Exactly, so how was your God created then?

>inb4 nothing created god, he was just here
>>
>>694914195
true
>>
I was playing csgo till I found out that someone close to me had cancer
>>
>>694914208
Maybe because he read the bible?
>>
>>694914013
I was with you until you hinted that our failure to understand a first "action" means there is something we can call "god". It's silly to call it god because that encourages so much anthropomorphism which is unnecessary. If there simply must be an uncaused cause, it is certainly nothing like a human. If anything it is an anomaly in physics which is an interesting problem to be figured out. That is all
>>
>>694912302
3 - me
>>
File: "muh bible".png (61 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
"muh bible".png
61 KB, 720x720
>>
>>694912575
What links? An article on the internet isn't gonna simply disprove God by itself.

Evolution for example, while not disproving God himself, proves an aspect of this fabled, all knowing book wrong, therefore not making it a source of universal knowledge anymore.

The Big Bang is an obvious one, since it was proven that the universe was once concentrated directly in one point. Since space-time didn't exist, God would not have had a time to live in or reside before The Big Bang occured. Such conditions can be emulated by getting near a black hole, time slows down, space gets warped.

Not to mention that before, we used to think actual physical Heaven was above us and Hell was below. Now we know it's the vacuum of space and molten rock.

Then you have supposed dragons, basilisks and creatures, obviously used as a fear tactic by The Church.

We've proven that The Bible is 80% false, but the part where it says 'God is real' we should still totally believe, right guys?

>inb4 le tip
>>
>>694914208
>>694914359
Not just the bible. I've read many Hebrew texts as well. You might not know this, but the Jews are pretty good historians.
>>
>>694913709
Have fun roasting in hell athicuck
>>
>>694912880
you ignorant fucktards, this is the cancer of taking liberalism too fucking far, people need to be educated in what is correct and incorrect. religion and belief in god has caused and continues to cause severe physical, and emotional damage. If a person wants to say there may be a first mover, an initiator, fine, its neither disprovable or provable. But anything past that, attributing anything more to a powerful "god" has the potential to becoming damaging.

FUCK this liberal cancer
>>
>>694914435
see
>>694914030
If you haven't even read parts of the bible or attempted to understand the religion you can't say uninformed things. None of what you said "disproved" the bible. It's an extremely vague book.
>>
>>694914435
I would agree with you if only the bible said that.
>>
>>694914261
god is that which u seek. at some point you have to realize man can't comprehend everything. only delusional people who think they can absorb all knowledge will continue to deny there creator. Just because you can't comprehend infinity doesn't mean it doesn't exist
>>
>>694914030
>vague
Oh you know, just the exact order of creation, how long it took, the first humans (women came from the rib of man btw), and a lovely story about a mythical garden that the devil liked to hang out in.
>>
I personally don't really care if people belive in god or not. I think everybody should decide what they wanna belive themselves and I would never judge someone for it. HOWEVER God can neither be proven, nor disproven. Yet religions tell people that they know what God wants, even though there is NO WAY anybody could actually know that.

I hate it when people tell others that they know anything about god and what he wants, or is.
>>
I remember when /b/ usually quashed these threads before they inflated with the distilled essence of edge from all of the youngest users.
>>
>>694914807
I don't, but I've only been here since 07.
>>
>>694914696
Once again, that is an Ad hoc explanation. Come up with something that is not a logical fallacy and I will respond appropriately.
>>
>>694914124
Underated
>>
>>694914387
Well, doesn't it take some degree of agency to be an actor? If the prime cause isn't sentient, how is it a cause rather than an effect? A cause is an event which is itself not entirely predetermined by causes that precede it, otherwise it would be an effect. The only way to do just that is through free will.
>>
>>694911136
You're fucking stupid OP

Why does it matter what morons believe in? IF it's keeping them in line fuck em. Let em believe in a blue horse from mars if it fucking makes them feel better about themselves and their insignificant lives.

While I'm ranting at some faggot OP. No lives matter when our star goes supernova and we aren't a spacefaring civilization. NO LIVES WILL MATTER

Above god that is what we as humans should be focusing on. Getting off this rock and into space
>>
>>694914529
>religion and belief in god has caused and continues to cause severe physical, and emotional damage.

Repeated studies have shown that religious people are happier. Period. Fact.

Look at you. You're angry and miserable and ranting about nothing in an Internet shithole. And you think YOU hold the key to happiness?
>>
File: Morgan-Freeman.jpg (53 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
Morgan-Freeman.jpg
53 KB, 948x711
Certain experiences lead me to believe in a God, Heaven, Hell, angels, and demons... the whole shebang. As for Jesus and being the Messiah and son of God Himself, I am unsure. I don't practice any form of dogma. I just know there's a God and that he may very well hate me.

And, no, I'm not going to tell you these experiences.
>>
>>694915077
Ad hoc
>>
>>694914387
i only did that to defy op.
"there must be an uncaused cause"
There must be something from nothing
no offense but that defies the human way of thinking and everything ever witnessed.
Its not just an anomaly in physics.
It would mean that all physics laws we know might not be universally true and only specific to our universe.
>>
>>694914750
I remember when I went to a Catholic school, the priest himself believed that certain stories from the bible were just that, stories that serve as references for everyday problems and conundrums.
Again you possess very little understanding of that which you hate so fiercely. I don't believe you can't be atheist, I am atheist, but your behavior is reprehensible. It makes everyone that doesn't want to be associated with autistic edge lords force themselves to say "I'm agnostic" to avoid the pejorative people like you develop. Why should we care about what makes people feel secure? You haven't answered those questions, and you still cannot. While religion may have caused violence and wars, were no longer living in 1600's. Government and religion are separate entities. People's decision to believe in something is harmless.
>>
>>694914124

Let met solve that for you:

Would virtue be a choice if God allowed for no sin?
Would faith be a choice if he shielded believers from harm only?

No, they wouldn't be. God rarely directly interferes with mankind.
>>
>>694915077
I've also had some profound experiences anon, which led me to simulation theory. I'd be willing to bet that your experiences also included a feeling of everything being connected. It's always fascinated how our brains fill in those connections in unique ways.
>>
>>694915077
if u have experience with demons then bring up the name of jesus christ. I used to have demons attack me when i was dreaming. But I believe jesus is savoir so it does protect me from negative forces
>>
File: WOOOO.jpg (128 KB, 870x575) Image search: [Google]
WOOOO.jpg
128 KB, 870x575
>>
>>694914892
Eh, maybe you're right. I usually remember by now the would be filled with fedora memes. A lot of people still have fun arguing over this though.
>>
>>694915233
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/8/Ad-Hoc-Rescue
>>
>>694911727
God see's through your gamble, atheistfag. Believing and playing it safe are two different things.

Enjoy your hellfire.
>>
>>694911136

I was fucking my mom in the ass, and I said "wow, God must really exist!" and then she turned around and said if I don't repost this message 5 times she will die in her sleep.
>>
>>694915275
Not recognising a shitpost when you see one
>>
>>694915195
I'm not arguing with you or trying to convince anybody of His existence, friend.
>>
>>694914013
>All human thinking and all logic is based on causality.
>It is flawed since by definition the first ever action would have no "reason" as to why it occurred.
>Means that this kind of logic can not explain existence at all.
>Means that it is either wrong or not Universally true.
>The way we think and use logic and reasoning is thereby most likely not universally true and can not be used to explain or dismiss this kind of Paradox.
>But it dos imply that there was or is something that once did affect our universe without being part of our universe and without abiding the laws of causality.
>This something fits basically the description of god, Omnipotent (can make stuff happen without a cause) Omnipresent(is not part of our universe jet can affect it).
>However this dos not mean that this something is actually a god or that it has a mind or even that the creation of our universe was Intended.
>But it dos mean that there is something that fits the description of a god and that could be considered a god.
>The only thing we do still argue about it has actually some kind of consciousness or if it actions on our universe were merely random.
i agree with you completely man. this is what I've been trying to tell so many people, and i can never say it right. you just nailed it pretty good
>>
>>694911136
Nobody in my family or friends is religious. Why the fuck would I be it then? I have only been to church 3 times. 2 school fieldtrips 1 wedding.
>>
>>694915195
Some things cannot be objectively measured and proven to others, only experienced directly, yet do exist. Your consciousness for example. You can't prove anyone besides you is conscious.
>>
>>694915263
>Again you possess very little understanding of that which you hate so fiercely.
Dude, I'm a practicing Christian, and that was my first reply to you. The truth is that, while your priest sounded like a pretty cool guy, fundamentalism is a large part of every religion. When religious texts aren't vague (and they often aren't) it leads to problems. Like in the creation story - which the Jews got most of from the Babylonians.
>>
>>694913732
I have no idea how the baby died. I didnt think to ask.
>>
I believe that God is present in math, everything in the Universe is just plain math, life and consciousness is just an illusion created by simple math laws

There's no god up there judging if someone is good or evil and rewarding the good ones and punishing bad ones, it's just everywhere being what it is, life is just something else in this huge universe
>>
>>694915531
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/8/Ad-Hoc-Rescue
>>
>>694915004
this problem would be solved if somthing like the whole concept of cause and effect would be a specific of our universe.
Maybe its only true if the universe is affected by time.
>>
File: 1467006033676s.jpg (4 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
1467006033676s.jpg
4 KB, 119x125
>>694911449
>>
>>694915465
You think the argument of evil isn't brought up constantly? You think people dumb enough to lose their faith over something like this don't exist?
>>
File: 20160702_151332.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160702_151332.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>694911136
I, literally, have never believed in anything other than treating people good.
>live life
>be happy
>work hard
>try to aquire as much knowledge as possible
>see, learn or think something new everyday
That's all I've ever believed in. But I did go thru Catholic schools my whole life..maybe that's why I never feared a god.
>>
>>694915050
Studies have shown in some instances that a sense of community has contributed to a sense of happiness.

They have also shown high rates of mental illness among the religious, and the damaging effects of fundamentalism have been clearly demonstrated. A passive personal belief in god while not damaging is still frustrating because it produces no results.

Studies have absolutely not shown that religious people are happier, more successful or contented.

I am not angry or miserable, I am great, the happiest person that has ever lived. In fact I would o so far as to claim I am the greatest man that has ever lived.
>>
>>694915585
>>
>>694915041
>>694915041
yea same with atheist right? who cares what those morons believe in. ' it fucking makes them feel better about themselves and their insignificant lives'..... implying your life is significant cause you don't have religious believes...douche bag lol. why you so butthurt today anon?
>>
>>694914013
Really made me think, thank you for taking the time to type this.
>>
>>694915263
I'll throw myself in this discussion and say that I am an atheist that generally really doesn't care about other people's beliefs, but I think ISIS is the pinnacle of everything that could go wrong with a religion.
>>
>>694911136
I kinda don't give a shit. Yeah it's a question of how the world was created but honestly it doesn't really matter to me. What does matter is that I'm here now. What happens after death doesn't matter either, my life has to end sometime, so I'm going to live life because for all I know, I may not get another one.
>>
>>694915763
In that case, prove me wrong
>>
>>694914013
>first action
There's your problem. Just because it was the first action of our observable universe doesn't mean it wasn't caused by something from outside our perceived dimensions. That's assuming, and it's the basis for all your later claims.
>>
>>694915585
agreed,

but do you think that math allows for patterns and symbolism throughout the universe that can teach people things and help them.. i don't know expand awareness/consciousness /live better? I've done some research and had some experiences that lead me to think so, and i think these kind of natural universal truths that can be discovered are similar to what others perceive as 'god', a personification for the patterns in the universe and life.

taking certain psychedelics, mainly psylocibin and lsd can really make things like that apparent, but the only way to really know what i mean is to have tried it . and if you tried it before, just realizing that something like that even came to exist is kind of funny.
>>
>>694916154
Are you fucking stupid? You clearly didn't read the link.
>>
>>694915587
It's not a damn fallacy to bring new evidence to the table when you lose part of your arguments to the opposing side. This sounds like a case of "The person I was debating won't concede his entire point because I refute a single piece of evidence, let's dogmatically fuck him over on the basis of a made-up rule." It's poor etiquette.

Also read the supporting thing I gave it. You and I can both see the color red (presumably), that we can establish, we cannot how ever establish what our experiences are when we see "red", my red might look like your blue for all we know. Not all things that exist can be measured, because of this, arguments from personal experience hold some merit too.
>>
>>694915275
people who hate god. which is weird cause how can you hate something that doesn't exist, according to them. just can't except what god is. Cause it makes them feel less significant and in their twisted minds they really want to be...
>>
File: 1455799937462.gif (2 MB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
1455799937462.gif
2 MB, 240x144
>>694915310
Nope, I started believing in God after feeling connected with everything. I've also had that connection affirmed after my first acid trip.
The things that proved it all to me have been happening for a few years. They're not kind experiences like when I enjoyed being fulfilled and connected... and super psychedeliced, maaaaaan. Lol. I've done my share of LSD and shrooms and, yeah, it gave me the pleasant feeling He's "everythihg".
But, the experiences I'm talking about were not exactly happy experiences.

>>694915321
I used to wear crosses, thinking they'd protect me. I now wear a particular seal of Solomon around my neck to protect me from evil spirits. It works for me. I think it may just be kind of a faith sort of thing. Bringing out faith in the face of adversity is a virtue that many, including fallen Ones, may heed to and even respect.
>>
>>694911136
God exists.
You can't prove me wrong.
>inb4 evidence
Doesn't work like that, faggot.
>>
>>694916272
god
>>
>>694911136
I was eating steak while thinking over what my teacher was saying about if the bible is real, then why is so and so exist, and everything along those lines.
>>
human life is like a game that you're not allowed to know you're playing
>>
>>694911136

When you really become an atheits of mind and soul, you will stop making things like this thread
>>
>>694916323
I see. Unfortunately, I also understand a little. I'll respect your earlier sentiments and not press the topic.

On a slightly related note, any interest in DMT?
>>
>>694916219
I did fucking read it, it seems that you didn't fucking read it
>>
>>694916247
>>
Well, when the girl who i surely thought was my soulmate cheated on me i have yet to find anyone as amazing as she was I've lost all hope to be honest.
>>
>>694915423
>>Was not disproven iny my statement " It's silly to call it god because that encourages so much anthropomorphism""If anything it is an anomaly in physics "
>>Did not alter my statement merley pointed out"Its not just an anomaly in physics."

stop posting random logically fallacious articles to undermine people. Or at least put in some effort and find something that even remotely applies to the written argument.

if you want to post that article first disprove me with any valid reasoning please. At least give me the chance to enjoy my delusions first.
>>
>>694911856
What is insurance
>>
>>694916323
>seal of Solomon
interesting..so the cross just didn't work out for you. Why do you prefer the seal over the cross? just looking at it, looks kinda occultic
>>
>>694916533
If that's true, then you must not truly be an atheist either (your post is cancer, like this thread). Yet, here you are, talking out of your ass.
>>
>>694916323
There is a reason hallucinogens like LSD are othen also called entheogens. They can help with your contact with the divine.
>>
>>694916196
I've researched pretty much about the concept of god and math, those patterns you talked about, known as "sacred geometry" can be reduced with just a simple sequence called Fibonacci sequence, which itself can give you the Phi (not pi π) number, known by most designers as golden ratio, present in almost everything in the universe
>>
>>694916156
Then you have to have a First action in that dimension. Or like i stated that dimension abide by the rules of causality.
>>
>>694913686
Santa=God now?

Cool fagget
Good post tbh fam
>>
>>694913686
yeah you sound dumb
>>
>>694916612
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/120/Logic-Chopping

I can do this dumb shit too, buddy.
>>
>>694916946
Why would that dimension require a first action? Time is one of the dimensions we can perceive. This would mean the action came from outside of time.
>>
I do not remember a time when I took all of this seriously. When I was very young, like 4 or 5 my grandparents taught me how to pray and forced me to do this ritual every morning and evening. I used just to say these words asap and move on, but I never believed that anyone is listening, except the grandparent who was checking on me. Praying and going to church was just another chore that back then in my mind had no purpose, like washing hands when no dirt is visible, but I did those things regardless. Later in life I understood why it is important to wash my hands even if they look clean – I learned about very small creatures and saw them in microscope.

The same never happened with religion.
>>
>>694916896
exaaaaaaaaaactly man
>>
>>694917188
You won't accept things you haven't directly observed. I bet you don't believe in Australia either, or any other country you haven't seen first-hand.
>>
>>694917331
>>
>>694911136
I was fapping when I realized it
>>
I came here to see butthurt Christians. Wow they are loud haha!
>>
>>694917375
Stop it you autistic shit. Bring an argument, refute one or get rekt.
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/120/Logic-Chopping
>>
File: 1459194961775.jpg (139 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
1459194961775.jpg
139 KB, 1698x1131
>>694916553
Thanks much for not pressing. I appreciate it.
But DMT. I thought it was fun, and just that. I never got anything really deep out of it... just a fun experience. LSD and mushrooms provided me more answers to internal questions and minor turmoil. They also acted as catalysts to really shape my beliefs before I ran into the stuff that's changed me since then.

>>694916786
It is based somewhat in the occult... kinda. The seals are actually biblical in nature. Solomon used seals and symbols to control fallen angels in helping him build the Temple Solomon.

>>694916832
Indeed! They do wonderful things for a small price, compared to other means of contact.
I've learned over the years to attain certain feelings and understandings and cultivate them in myself on a daily basis. Drugs work, there's no lie about that. But if you concentrate and learn sober, the rewards are even greater.
>>
>>694917502
>found the guy who doesn't actually understand what logic chopping is

>>
>>694917109
>>694916946
seems i mistyped. I meant to say
>>Or like i stated that dimension dos not abide by the rules of causality.
which i also pointed out in my original statement.
>>
>>694911136
When I was at my less than year old cousins funeral. Was also anorexic at the time.
>>
>>694917601
In what form did you use DMT? It's something I'm considering.
>>
>>694911695
This.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (39 KB, 499x381) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
39 KB, 499x381
Watching b argue over the existence of God is one of my pleasure in life.
>>
test
>>
>>694917902
I know right? There are actually people who think he's real hahahaha
>>
>>694917643
Well, I just picked one that sounded roughly appropriate. And what this dude is doing is the exact same tactic. Trying to win solely on the basis of irrelevant technicality. It's not just an ad hoc rescue, i've made two attempts to make this clear so far, come on.
>>
>>694918041
and there's people who think he's not real hahahahahah
>>
>>694916953

They both had the same amount of evidence for their existence.
>>
File: 1459177910782.jpg (78 KB, 640x577) Image search: [Google]
1459177910782.jpg
78 KB, 640x577
>>694917849
Smoked. Very short experience. I'd love to try ayahuasca though.
I haven't done it, but I think you'd get more out of ayahuasca... seeing aliens and shit like that doesn't compare to the shamanic experience "la purga" is rumored to providr.
>>
>>694911449
God has nothing to do with your shitty religion dumbass
>>
>>694918183
That's it, I'm done, I can handle the Ad Hoc autist, this is just too dumb.
>>
>>694917331
You would lose that bet.

If something can be observed it means it has influence on other things in the universe. If we can not observe something it means that it does not exist OR it exists but has no influence on anything else in the universe.

Consider dark matter. Scientists say it exists and only interacts through gravity. But what if dark matter only interacted with itself, but no ordinary matter? We would never learn of its existence, because universe with it and universe without it would be the same.
>>
>>694918041
>>694918165
And there are people who haven't picked a side hahaha
>>
>>694918297

I only replied to this so my mother wouldn't die.i
>>
>>694918242
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Smoking and injecting don't leave much room for discovering the self. I could just pick up some ayahuasca, but I'm thinking it would be cool to have a shaman around too.
>>
>>694918490

-i
>>
>>694918303
So if something does not interact with the universe in a measurable way, it does not exist?

Not that God has no influence, atheists just tend to mis-attribute that influence to other sources, in order to avoid being proven wrong.
>>
>>694917375
I think you should link to Straw man, not this one?
>>
Masturbating
>>
>>694918813
>Refute argument
>Claim victory
>Opponent brings new argument
>Have it disqualified solely on the basis of having refuted the first one.

Seriously, are you guys not seeing this? Just because the guy brought up new evidence after having other evidence proven false does not make that new evidence invalid.
>>
File: 1456846517285.jpg (83 KB, 720x658) Image search: [Google]
1456846517285.jpg
83 KB, 720x658
>>694918526
I'd suggest not doing it alone. Shamans usually dose people several times throughout several days, so you're bound to get something good, even enlightening, out of it.
>>
>>694918699
Read my post again, slower, with comprehension.

I claim there is little difference between:
>not existing
>existing but influencing nothing, making observation and measurement impossible

Also beliefs in things unobservable by definition just clutters your mind with trash.
>>
File: michael brown.png (233 KB, 640x511) Image search: [Google]
michael brown.png
233 KB, 640x511
>>694918242
>>
File: bernout.png (904 KB, 1030x715) Image search: [Google]
bernout.png
904 KB, 1030x715
>>694911136
God does exist.

Try and dissprove it millenial faggots.
>>
File: 1448559530020.jpg (324 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448559530020.jpg
324 KB, 1000x1000
>>694911136
1 John 4:20 : If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Galatians 1:20 : I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

Romans 10:14 : How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written

The Bible talks about your subject of disbelief very frankly, and rationally addresses it multiple times.
>>
>>694919470
Most pastors talk about it using the story of doubting Thomas. Doubt should fuel faith, not tear it down. Skepticism leads to a more complete understanding.
>>
>>694919470
>quote mining
>>
>>694919917
>skepticism leads to a more complete understanding
Proverbs 3:5 : Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
>>
>>694920296
Trusting in the lord is an act of faith. I also said:
>Doubt should fuel faith, not tear it down.

You really are just quote mining.
>>
>>694920009
>quote mining
For quotes in the book about a certain topic?
>>
>>694920466
Well of course. It's not a matter of my opinion, it also provides for excellent bait
>>
>>694919917
this
I'm a christ fag but think that the non-historical part of the old testament is complete make believe and the last part of the new testament is just the disciples trying to juxtapose their views into the teachings of Christ
aka the majority of it
>>
>>694920605
>quote mining
In case it wasn't clear, I'm implying that you're taking things out of their written and historical context - including my own words. If all your care about is bait, it's fine. But I wouldn't try it in more a more serious environment.
>>
File: stahp.jpg (22 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
stahp.jpg
22 KB, 600x338
>>694920638
>non historical part of the old testament
>I'm a Christ fag
Go back to church
>>
>>694911449
not how it works buddy
>>
I don't believe in a god, I used to go to Sunday school until one day it clicked in my head when I was sitting around with a group of kids being taught that people who don't believe in something are going to hell and will suffer for eternity. Why must people suffer simply because they don't believe in something that come from a book that's been physically made by a man.... I was about 10/11 when I thought about that.
>the only person you should look up too is your self and your own actions
>your to blame for your actions and confessing to your actions doesn't make the problem go away nor will it help with the said problem in real life.
I'm an atheist but don't go and shut down believers like some people, nor, do I walk around with flyers that say I need saving and I'm damaged or my best gay mate can't be saved and will rot in a magical place for choosing love over hate..... Buuuuut, that's my opinion and my opinion alone.
>>
File: 1455162466270.jpg (19 KB, 492x495) Image search: [Google]
1455162466270.jpg
19 KB, 492x495
>>694920941
>implying quote mining is taking words out of context
>implying you aren't contradicting yourself
>implying anything you say is valid
>implying I care about what you would try and not
>>
>>694920638
That's fairly astute. That complete make believe has some historically interesting sources though. The great flood for instance was taken from Babylon when the Jews were enslaved there, and later it was recorded in the Torah.
>>
File: HTB1CeyEGpXXXXXOXVXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg (54 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
HTB1CeyEGpXXXXXOXVXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg
54 KB, 440x587
>>694911136
You faggots are not Atheists. You faggots are Theophobes. It's not that you don't believe in a God, it's that you hate God and get triggered at anything that contains that word.

This is why you keep posting edgy comments all over facebook even when nobody asked if there was a God or not.
>>
>>694911136

Sunday school when I was like 9.
>>
>>694911136
think i was in class thinking about random shit.
>>
>>694921006
stopped going tochurch a while ago
and by historical part I meant like events that has been confirmed by historians such as egypt and the jewish majority slaves but not stuff like genesis
>>
>>694921298
I never said that was the definition of quote mining, I said it was something I was implying. I guess I hit a nerve though. Honestly, not my intention.
>>
>>694911486
MY THEORY: dmt gets released in the brain and dmt makes crazy ass hallucinations.
>>
>>694921372
>not stuff like genesis
Go back to church fam
>>
>>694911486

Why the hell would near death experiences be proof of an afterlife? That's like saying my temporal lobe epileptic seizures are proof of time travel, or that psychedelic drugs are proof that aliens exist.
>>
File: GEORGERELIGION.jpg (91 KB, 1022x524) Image search: [Google]
GEORGERELIGION.jpg
91 KB, 1022x524
... I was an alter boy..
And when I saw that the priests were pretty much breaking all the commandments... I had a revelation.... All Religions are Bullshit!...
>>
>>694921606
you seriously think genesis is true?
>>
>>694921458
>Quote mining
>In case it wasn't clear, I'm implying that you're taking things out of their written and historical context - including my own words
>>
File: 1467644195262.jpg (276 KB, 2194x1162) Image search: [Google]
1467644195262.jpg
276 KB, 2194x1162
>>694911136
>tfw you can't prove you're right
>>
>>694921372
>confirmed by historians such as egypt and the jewish majority slaves

You might want to recheck those history books. There is no evidence that Israelites were ever slaves in Egypt. This in a country that's had the shit excavated out of it for thousands of years.
>>
>>694921803
>I am implying
>Quote mining is
If only I could read and see which was said...
>>
>>694921764
In order to be a Christian you must believe in the bible completely.
>>
>>694922166
So great to know that the disciples of christ weren't Christians. Hope they rot in hell for eternity!
>>
>>694911136
when i was in 7th grade and was capable of thinking for myself and realized the holes in everything. One of them was religion.
>>
>>694922296
>disciples of Christ weren't Christians
Then what do you call them?
>>
>>694922166
I just follow Christ's teachings. . .not his disciples' teachings
>>
>>694911136
False. God does exist. God protected me against demonic attacks. I'll just assume you're a fat ugly bearded basement dwelling virgin who is hateful towards Christians because some hot Christian woman rejected you at one point in your life.
>>
>>694922480
People that never read or even heard of the bible.
>>
>>694911136
>Be millennial
>doesn't believe in God
>bends over backwards for a savage religion the permits pedophilia,bestiality, killing everybody who doesn't worship their "Allah"
>Attacks christians constantly who permits none of that.

Don't quit your day job, neckbeard athiests.
>>
I wasn't hardcore catholic, just raised by my parents that way.
And I was a soft believer, like I would pray every now and then.
Then when I was 15, my gf of almost three years got in a car accident while on a trip with her family. I was not able to give her a proper goodbye.
Then we were told that this was "God's design" and that we just should roll with it.
15yo me didn't take it really well.

Now I'm stuck in a place full of catholic imagery at least thrice a year, when I go place flowers on her grave.
>>
File: dork.jpg (11 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
dork.jpg
11 KB, 269x187
>>694922664
.. your insults and lack of understanding others... was very christian of you.. glad to see you practice what you preach... apparently that was one of your 'deamons' speaking..
>>
File: 1448419393608.jpg (16 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
1448419393608.jpg
16 KB, 264x191
>>694922732
Jesus's Disciples believe in the bible or else they would not believe that Jesus is god. Even if they haven't read or heard of it, if they believe in Jesus than they believe in god, and if they believe in god then they believe in his works, and if they believe in his works than they believe in the bible.

It's pretty Fundamental imo
>>
File: ORxCXM.jpg (75 KB, 337x500) Image search: [Google]
ORxCXM.jpg
75 KB, 337x500
>>694911136
>Can't prove me wrong

You can't prove anything either way. That's the fucking point.
>>
>>694922956
>be me
>millennial of '91
>believe in God
>treat Muslims like the children of God they are
>condemn many of their actions
>urge my Christian brothers to do the same
>attack /b/tards who think they can speak for a generation
>fuck you
>>
>>694911136
Watching my first dog die. She was family and i'd have gladly died in her place.
It was then i thought what good is some all powerful god if they can't protect something i loved more than anything, including my own life. I was maybe 12 at the time.

And since then 'god' has proven himself either a sadistic fucker or an impotent bitch, and either one does not deserve my praise, only my utter contempt. If it turns out i'm wrong and he does exist then satan help him because i'm fucking coming for him the very second i die.
>>
>>694923225
You can't believe in something no one has written yet. The bible is not equivalent to the works of God, just ask this fine anon who I'm mocking >>694922166
>>
>>694911727
There are many gods though, which one to choose?
>>
>>694923414
>urge my Christians brothers
>fuck you
go back to church
>>
>>694911136
He didn't help me when I cried begging for help, now I know where God is
>>
>>694911136
I was watching Matt, Traci, Jen, Russell, Jeff, et.al. on YouTube, in between Dawkins & Hitchens viewings. Best days of my life, finally being free from the delusional nonsense.
>>
File: thetruth.jpg (43 KB, 440x329) Image search: [Google]
thetruth.jpg
43 KB, 440x329
... this
>>
>>694914435
There is actually scientific evidence that God can exist, and it fits perfectly in with science. Also, you don't know what "God" is. If you're thinking about a large bearded man in the sky, you may be pretty far off.
>>
>>694911136
No one has ever proven God doesn't exist either
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.