[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to prove to me God exists. If you can't,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 16
File: ijLuPZd.jpg (192 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
ijLuPZd.jpg
192 KB, 1032x774
You have 10 seconds to prove to me God exists.

If you can't, then all your religions and spirituality are considered a mental illness.
>>
I'm just going to go ahead and point out that if you really were so sure that he didn't then you would almost certainly give us more than ten seconds to prove otherwise, as you'd have nothing to lose.

Of course, we cannot be certain of anything.
>>
>>688452813
prove there isnt
>>
>>688453122
can't prove a negative. the burden of proof is on you worthless faggot
>>
>>688452813
Can't prove god, can't prove religion, you have to take it on faith.

And seriously, stop trolling, this summerfag shit was embarassing 4 years ago.
>>
>>688453256
prove it
>>
>>688453122
The Egyptians, Aztecs, Myans, and Greeks worshiped multiple gods. Then it eventually became one god. How do you explain that? They thought they were right, just like how Christians think THEY'RE right. Religion was nothing more than an explanation of things they didn't understand (that's where science comes into play). It went from multiple gods to one God and eventually no God.
>>
>>688453256
You absolutely can prove a negative. Do you even philosophy, bro?

Don't make me get all Descartes all up in this bitch, fool.
>>
>>688452813
>>688453273
This. It's entirely spiritual. It's an instinctive psychology that ruled the world for centuries. In fact, even if you don't believe in God in his purest form, you still believe in a creator or ruler. Most people that think that way perceive it as the government or the wealthy bigwigs in the government.
>>
>>688453648
That's theory, not proof.
>>
Big Bang is real, evolution is real, natural sciences is real.

But it's scientifically illogical to create something from nothing, only answer is divine intervention.

God said let there be light hence the Big Bang.

Also personal opinion: God isn't a dick, if you wanna be gay and suck cock who cares, just don't hurt others.
>>
>>688453741
So referencing past religions is a theory and not cold hard facts that they were wrong in the same sense that you are?
>>
>>688452813
>10 seconds
>>
>>688453958
You're assuming that I'm religious. I'm not. I just think you're a dogmatic edgelord. You're just butthurt that mommy forced you to go to Sunday school when you were younger.
>>
>>688453657
That's one of the foundations of rational thinking. You can't ask people to disprove something that hasn't been shown to exist in the first place.
>>
>>688452813

You have 10 seconds to justify to me that absurd outfit and comically large toy sword.
>>
>>688454304
I know you are but what am I?
>>
>>688453122
You claim something exists, it's you who needs to prove it.
Oh there's a flying cow that cuts penises of those who don't like cereals, prove this isn't real.
>>
>>688452813
You have 10 seconds to prove God doesn't exist. Since you can't, you are clearly mentally defective, cuz you are convinced, and rabidly proselytize your antireligion atheist crap.

Fuck you baittard. Atheists are clearly so euphoric over their tiny human brains they think they know shit that can't be proved.
>>
>>688454729
Prove it is.
>>
>>688453648
lrn to religion. While Xtians call those religions polytheism, at their base they are all in fact monotheism, with a creator god.

The rest of the 'gods' are just like 'angels' in Xtianity.
>>
>>688453256
2 - 4 =-2 Just proved a negative
>>
If you need proof before you'll believe in Him, you don't deserve the glory of Heaven. If faith were not required and there was verifiable proof He exists, where's the challenge? Where's the choice? If you knew for a fact it's e ither worship Him and get into heaven or don't and go to eternal torment, literally everyone would get into heaven. The whole point of life is that God is testing us to see whether we are worthy. With no test there is no point to life.
>>
>>688455044
prove that -2 is negative
>>
>>688454754
>prove god doesn't exist
For the thousandth time. Don't ask me to prove a negative, that is retarded. If you claim there is a god, the burden of proof is on YOU.
>>
>>688454423
a faggot
>>
>>688452813
God exists because spiders are incapable of flight.
>>
>>688453648
You make a point that Atheism is a religion in this post you bursting boil.

LURK MOAR and spare us your sophomoric rants
>>
>>688454209
She tried to raise me as a Christian, yes, and once I got to the age of making my own decisions, I chose atheism after comparing the two. I mean I don't mind Christianity at all, and I didn't mean to come off that way. I just think that past religions are one of the only pieces of proof against religion
>>
>>688452813
Nature make makes beautiful things, only God can create something as ugly as you.
>>
Prove to me Winnie The Pooh wasn't an real life Bear.
>>
>>688455052
tl;dr - I don't have proof, but I'm still super cool for believing in god. Rest of y'all are faggots
>>
>>688455223
Sorry anon spiders can fly. They spin a thin web and use it as a parasail
>>
File: 1465251474254.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1465251474254.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>688452813
>On phone
>took three seconds to read the post
>four seconds to open it
>twenty to type this.

Fuck u win m8
>>
>>688455419
parasailing =/= flying faggot
>>
>>688455358
then you're fucked in the head, i'm sorry to say
>>
>>688455138
When I read -2 it makes me sad
>>
>>688455444
rekt
>>
>>688455486
Falling with style = flying
>>
>>688454754
I don't claim anything. You are claiming to know God doesn't exist, and you acknowledge that you can't prove it, so you are just WASTING our time with your FAITH in your own conceit.

Conceit which is assuredly unmerited.

STFU you nigger.
>>
>>688455358
My point is that there will never be verifiable proof until you die. He would never allow or want his existence to be "proved" to your satisfaction - the Bible should be proof enough. You can either choose to have faith, or not. It doesn't make me "super cool", it's just my choice and you've made yours. Stop seeking for proof you know you'll never find.
>>
>>688455535
but when I read it, it makes me happy.
So not really negative now, is it?
>>
>>688455419
just because you're retarded doesn't mean everyone else is.

They can fly just about as well as humans can... they just need an airline to do so.

You know god damn well what I meant, faggot
>>
>>688455612
Either that or you thrive off negative emotions and transform it into a positive one
>>
File: fdsf.png (181 KB, 374x278) Image search: [Google]
fdsf.png
181 KB, 374x278
>>688455579
>>
>>688455594
god doesn't exist by default. until he is shown to exist. there is not a shred of evidence
>>
>>688455599
So let me get this straight - OP was asking for some proof, and you don't have the necessary proof. Instead of accepting defeat, you claim that hurr durr, it's not my fault, there is no proof.

Have you tried even proving that there is no proof? No - you just state some dumb opinions instead about how you believe there's no proof, but don't state them directly as opinions to make them look like facts.
>>
File: AbeOik6-1.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6-1.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>688452813
>arguing about god on the internet
>2016
>>
How the fuck do magnets work?
>>
>>688455947
you can't just dismiss evidence because you don't believe in it. To Christians, the Bible is evidence.
>>
>>688455771
So -2 is transformed to a positive one, ie
-2 = +1?

You...you...you must surely be a thiest, anon
>>
Its certainly not concidered an mental illness, to believe in a god, but that still doesnt make him exist.

The Human is selfaware, knowing that he "is" and that his lifespan is limited. To avoid the psychological pressure that comes with said knowlege, the human wants to believe into something greater, something that comes after the supposed endless void of nothingness that is death.

So the Human, even in his early stages, created the concept of gods, to ease their minds in life.

Religion is but a mere sideeffect of an inteligent Species and will maybe cease to exist as this species evolve.
>>
>>688456097
You're believing that the Bible is true - it's not evidence unless you prove its real beyond any belief system
>>
>>688456097
the bible was written and rewritten by people. words in a book are not evidence
>>
>>688452813
Only if my post ends in a 0 does god exist.
>>
>>688452813
god is an idea
ideas are flashes of electricity in our brains
you can measure them, therefore they are real
the IDEA of god is real in many brains
not sure if good thing to believe in an idea like that (big brother is watching you)
>>
>>688456313
if my post ends with -2, god exists
>>
>>688456146
Nah just a faggot on /b/
>>
>>688456313
we have proofe
>>
>>688456075
They have all they're electrons pushed to one side and attract because teller never told pen that Santa Claus rapped with the easter bunny during 9/11
>>
>>688456033
Do you even think before you talk? There is no "defeat", I never needed or w anted proof that God exists - I accept that he does on faith, which if you read the Bible you'd find is kind of the entire foundation of the religion.

God could have removed free will from the equation and just created a race of obedient good Christians where everyone gets a reward, but he wanted to give us a choice (again, read the Bible, this isn't my "opinion"). The bar isn't even very high, but it has to be up to us whether we want to accept salvation or choose eternal damnation. Proving he exists would take all the choice out of it.
>>
File: Time has resumed.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Time has resumed.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
The universe was Intelligently designed. Chrckmate athetits.
>>
>>688456286
the newspaper is written and rewritten by people. Should I stop believing the events they described actually happened? Should witness testimony be no longer allowed in courts as evidence?
>>
>>688456343
all you did is show that delusional thoughts exist as electrical impulses
>>
>>688456440
The fact that you consider the bible to be true is your opinion.
You don't outright state it, making it look like a fact.
But it is in fact an opinion.

And your entire argument is littered with references to the Bible - so yeah, it's all just an opinion
>>
>>688456470
But the who designed intelligent designer becuz intelligent designer would bee intelligently designed, thiss is merely the fallacy of passing the buck
>>
>>688456547
that depends on the weight of the claims. if the newspaper is trying to tell you about the meaning of life then probably not
>>
>>688456547
those are words written by people which are supported by facts(gawker,etc obviously excluded), whereas the bible has no verifiable facts.
>>
>>688456569
yes. kinda intended
There is no proof that god exists outside of human minds
>>
File: sdfsd.jpg (51 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
sdfsd.jpg
51 KB, 550x550
How can athiesm be real when apples aren't?!
>>
>>688452813
>prove to me God exists.

no
>>
>>688456906
How apples be real when mirrors aren't real?
>>
>>688456906
atheism isn't real. it's just a label made by the religious. you don't need a label for something you don't do
>>
Nothing can spontaneously happen. The universe, the way humans are made, nature, the beautiful things nature can do like photosynthesis. You see, if there wasn't any bad in the world then people would believe there is a god, but that's not really faith that's just assuming Theres a god being that nothing bad happens. And a topic this discussed quite often is "why do bad things happen then" there has to be bad in the world so you can compare it to the good. As mentioned before if everything was amazing then everyone would believe in God. God won't give you a sign of u ask him to prove he's there. Then you would know he's there. That's why religion is all based around faith. Believing in a true God. Why is the illuminati an organization? Because it's about worshipping Satan, selling your soul to him for good fortune. If there's a devil then there's a God.
>>
>>688455164
You can prove negative statements, you can prove that
2+2 !=9
>>
>>688453940
No credible scientist ever claimed anything was created from "nothing", stupid faggot.

Learn to basics.
>>
>when religious think atheism is religion
>religious can't understand life without worship
>fills gaps just like their gods
>>
>>688457204
what a crock of shit. chemical reactions happen spontaneously, you don't need god to make photosynthesis happen
>>
>>688452813
>You have 10 seconds to prove to me God exists.
>God
Why would I prove you that God exists?
What if this system is better if only few know how to truly use? Sure, life quality would probably be better if everyone knew the true meaning of this thing which might not even be an entity but just a collection of thoughts, information and energy.
>>
>>688453648
What if science is just an explanation of things we don't understand? What if science is just as absurd as religion allegedly is. If another race came here and saw red where we see purple, who's right? What if none of this matters and we're all programmed to say and do these exact things we are doing now? Nothing you can do or say will prove otherwise. You can only believe it's real based of of things you've observed, like religion.
>>
>>688457236
Well, how exactly do you prove 2+2 !=9?
Because 2+2 = 4 and 4!=9. You're proving a negative only by using the positive result
>>
>>688455238
Ok so how about I get more specific then, asswipe?

Religions that involve a higher power. Not religions in general.

Better?
>>
>>688457236
proving things in real life isn't the same as a mathematical proof
>>
>>688452813
hashbrown barnie sandals amirite
>>
>>688457204
so who decides what's good or bad?
>>
>>688457204
tl;dr - God is real, but you can't ask a sign from him, since that's cheating

>mfw
>>
>>688452813
>You have 10 seconds to disprove that God exists.
>If you can't, then atheism is definitively on the losing end of Pascal's Wager.
>>
>>688457402
God created everything, being chemical reactions.... And shit. God created photosynthesis fuck wit. Seriously being an atheist is so fucking stupid. Cuz if it turns out your WRONG have fun spending eternity in hell. But if you actually go to church just ONCE every week and there is a god and you haven't killed anybody, congratulations! You're not going to hell
>>
>>688457703
Your own self decides what's good or bad. Or however society sees it. For instance /b/ might think the holocaust, 9/11, etc was funny but then there's normal people who know its bad and unfortunate.
>>
>>688457906
the universe doesn't need a creator. you are making an assumption that all this was created by a conscious and intelligent being
>>
>>688457906
So if an athiest turns out to be wrong, he suffers in hell. He might've done awesome stuff during his life, maybe cured cancer,etc

But being a theist, if you're wrong, your entire lives on earth have been based on a lie, and that's all there actually is, since there's no afterlife. SO basically your entire existance was a joke.
>>
>>688452813
Let me give an answer in the form of a small story by Isaac Asimov.

http://multivax.com/last_question.html
>>
>>688457455
Fair point...so does that make knowledge and religion irrelevant then? Because if you think about it...we're on a rock in space. There's gotta be at least one more out there that harbors intelligent life. What if their religions and scientific research is the complete opposite of what we have? That would fuck our world inside and out. Or better yet, and this is something I've thought about...what if we're all in a computer simulation. Does that mean that religion and knowledge are just variables that are set while the player of this SIM city game we're living in just fucks around with the controls? Or what about the theory that everything has already happened but our brains had to slow down our perception in order to comprehend it all? Would that mean that everything is being simultaneously discovered, proven or disproven, and replaced or improved? Which then leads into...are we all wrong at the same time or all right at the same time.
>>
You think god would have to be on the spectrum to not be able to sniff out someone believing only because of the baby's first whack at philisophical thinking of pascals wager
>>
>>688456470
then why we have appendix and wisdom tooth?
>>
>>688457906
let me guess; a priest touched you in the right places and told you there MUST be a creator. now you believe it without question. dumb faggot
>>
>>688457906
What if you don't need to go to a church once a week but to a black cube every few years?
>>
>>688458369
This could also be the 10000000 to the power of 100000 iteration of the universe. No one has any proof of anything. As try hard as scientists believe they are, they're just another lot of plebs who believe just like their religious counterparts. That existentialism for you I guess. Scientist=/=atheist.
>>
>>688458483
PASCAL WAGER WAS PROOFED WRONG FEGIT
>>
If this post ends in 9, god exists.
>>
>>688459146
If this post ends in 3, you're a faggot
>>
if singles god doesn't exist.
>>
>>688458251
Maybe, but who's to say it's a joke and you're dead? You never know and you never will know until you truly die. Let me tell you a story. When I was 13 years old I had came back from church one night and was totally against God and everything had no faith in it whatsoever. I had asked God countless times "if you're really there, listening to me, give me a sign" and always, nothing. This is a true story, I wouldn't make this shit up just so look cool on /b/. That night I was on my computer (Sunday night) and was reading up about evolution. I got up from my computer and went to the bathroom, as I was pissing I said "maybe I should ask Satan, that is if he is real" as I flush the toilet and turn off the light and exit the bathroom I say "Satan if you're listening to this give me a sign" I fucking shit you not, the second I said that a car alarm went off outside my house. Guess who's fucking car it was, you're god damn right my fathers. Wanna know the best part? His keys were hanging on the hook in the laundry room. No one broke in and no one attempted to break in. Could I just be that in all of my life, the one time my dads car alarm goes off is at the exact same second I ask Satan to give me a sign just a rare coincidence? You could argue that. But ever since that night I've been creeped the fuck out
>>
File: in english pls.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
in english pls.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>688456758
If you're asking who designed the designer, well that's simple. Obviously the designer's designer. And so on and so forth. It stretches into eternity, and eternity itself is proof of existence in general. It had to start somewhere, and a reaction like the big expansion needed something to actually start it off.
So, I'll tell you what I think.
Before the beginning, there was the void. The void was paradoxical in nature, and things both existed and didn't exist in there.
Eventually though, something and nothing found and didn't find a way out. It existed but didn't exist outside of the void. The end of the void both existed and didn't exist. So, the person and the nobody decided to separate the void from existence. That is absolute. The fact that you're reading this is proof. Whatever managed to do so, set off the big bang by simply existing in a stable form. This was the beginning of the timeline. Whatever set this off is the true god. We don't know for certain how he looks. He could be a bear, a man, or even a fucking squid. We don't know, because we weren't allowed to look at him even when he did appear, similar to when the sun parts the darkness. This is most likely where the association with light and god came from. If I recalled correctly, the Bible states that those who looked at him were blinded.
I can make theory upon theory as to what he can be. The sun itself? A living mesh of energy? Some primordial star? A man with powers of light? Who knows.
But, all things must come to and end, and so will this train of thought at this final stop:
Why the fuck does it matter? Just be a decent human being, and I'm sure you'll have a chance at finding salvation. Whether it be by your own hand, or of the hand of the father.
As for me, I'm confident.
>>
>>688459070
God Damn my brain just exploded from reading all of this. Thanks for making me question my existence
>>
>>688458486
Simple.
Evolution. Our skulls began to change size.
At least, for the wisdom tooth.
As for the appendix, it serves a purpose. No one is certain yet, but most of the medical theories I've seen suggest that it may store bacteria beneficial to either the digestive or immune system. Google is your friend if you wanna look for yourself.
>>
>>688459255
Let me tell you a story.
Like you, I never believed in God or the Devil, and whenever I asked for a sign from them, I got nothing.

Then one day, after taking a giant turd, I said, "Athiesm, if you're real, give me a sign"...and then I shit you not, the turd which I thought I'd flushed a few seconds ago was still there on the toilet bowl.
I was seriously freaked out and tried flushing again but it was stuck!
That creeped me the fuck out and ever since I've been an athiest.
>>
>>688459070

i think youll like this read

>>688458344
>>
>>688459415
I have to walk around thinking like that every day. As far as I'm concerned, nothing matters since I can't prove it. But, as long as myself or others are here. Why not do something that appears to be enjoyable. I think that's how most people get through it. That, or just ignorance.
>>
>>688452813
>
Why such a blade would even be useful for ? splitting a samurai and his horse in two ? Simultaneously ?

No I don't give a fuck about your gods.
>>
>>688460155
I bookmarked it. I'll definitely read it tomorrow. I'm probably going to pass out soon.
>>
god exists.
>>
>>688460361
They say that ignorance is bliss

Honestly though, I think the same way and it's gotten to a point now where I question every little thing and it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind. Fucking GAD, man :(
>>
We are alive.
>>
>>688452813
Pretty simple really.
Something had to create logic and laws in the universe.

It's hard for anyone who hasn't studied college level or above to understand.

To put it simply, someone had to give variables their values so to speak.

Similar to how if you're writing a program you have to both create AND assign value to a variable before you use it. For example e=10 or int e;

In this case the smallest unit of matter is an atom. Elements are different atoms with different properties, and no matter what you do to an atom it can never be transmuted intimate another element (changing the neutrons, electrons, ect.).

Something had to have assigned specific variables to atoms. There's no way that they "just existed". Especially considering the fact that many of the elements react violently, there's no way they'd ever all be clumped into one giant sun/ball as the big bang suggests.
>>
>>688460829
But are we though, really? What if we're all just a computer simulation
>>
atoms and dark matter as the 4th dimension a collective conscious we pray to air essentially without pressure
>>
>>688455138
Basic mathematics. Anything below 0 is negative.
>>
>>688452813

7 and God exists
>>
>>688452813
You have 10 seconds to prove to me Atheism exists.

If you can't, then all your euphoria and enlightenment are considered a mental illness.
>>
>>688460853
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
>>
File: I am an Atheist.jpg (114 KB, 511x394) Image search: [Google]
I am an Atheist.jpg
114 KB, 511x394
>>688461195
>>
>>688460997
Ok, so I'm guessing you're referring to high school math.
Maybe take some time to learn abstract algebra, where the negative is mathematically defined for any field, and then my post might make more sense to you.
>>
>>688455330
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>688461427
But you physically cannot prove atheism exists.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (407 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
407 KB, 200x200
>>688461337
>doubles advocate
>diamond dozen
>petal stool
>granite
>mustard up all the strength
>SHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER
>BLONDE EYE
>taller ants

Please tell me this shit is bait
>>
File: opd65f.jpg (51 KB, 620x663) Image search: [Google]
opd65f.jpg
51 KB, 620x663
>>688452813
religion is bullshit, and everyone who "believes" in a god knows deep in their hear its bullshit. Some people are scared of life not knowing whats going on and what happens after death so they get into religion, believing as hard as they can because they cant deal with life otherwise and that is not the problem, the problem is they get on the balls of normal sane people, which can deal with the truth and dont need this denial which you call god.
>>
>>688461879
why would this be bate?
i'm not trying to peel them in with a hook, lie and stinker.
>>
>>688461669
you ever looked at the fucking sky and saw a fucking bearded guy? No? Yea well bam, atheism scientifically proven asshole
>>
>People claim they can "feel" god and open your heart up to the lord
>Fucking loonies asking me to have "faith" that some fictional character they made up fills them up in daily life and makes them content?
>I have this its called happiness and love, I feel this everyday its not some miracle nor divine intervention its a chemical reaction in the brain from outside stimuli resulting in these feelings
>If religious people need some book to tell them to be decent, have morals and that these feelings are "god" i truly have no hope for the future of humanity when so many mentally ill niggers are among us.
>>
File: 1428821630148.png (71 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
1428821630148.png
71 KB, 243x200
>Thinks religion and spirituality is the same
>>
File: Alfonso_Ribeiro.jpg (362 KB, 782x1234) Image search: [Google]
Alfonso_Ribeiro.jpg
362 KB, 782x1234
i believe in alfonso-god now, is it religion now?
>>
File: nein.jpg (52 KB, 582x608) Image search: [Google]
nein.jpg
52 KB, 582x608
>>688462372
>hook lie and stinker

WE GOT A FUCKIN COMEDIAN HERE GUYS HOLY FUCK
>>
>>688452813
When all things of universe can be represented with numbers, there is something intelligent that built this "universe" and the "architect" can be "God"
>>
File: e80.png (11 KB, 334x449) Image search: [Google]
e80.png
11 KB, 334x449
>>688462444
checked
but nowhere in the bible does it say that god is a bearded old man
hell, I doubt there's anything even considered to be a humanoid depiction of him, unless you count that weird white robed guy from genesis who wrestled with Abraham and dislocated his hip. But I think that may have just been an angel, cause they apparently showed up alot in genesis.
>>
>>688462444
No but that doesn't prove atheism.
My point is that you cannot prove atheism as it is a set of beliefs that not religion exists just like religion is a set of beliefs that a higher power exists.

You have hundreds of books explaining why religion isn't real but do any of them even explain to you what atheism actually is? I thought not. Atheism is just another religion followed by the same type of fanatics as most religions, worshipping profilfic "atheists" as idols and believing their word is 100% true and law.
>>
God exists because as bad as his followers are, the fedora SJWs of the world are 1000 times worse.
>>
>>688463367
THIS
>>
>>688462771
Oh shit, do I get paid for this gig?
>>
>>688459070
>could also be

are you sure about that? it's like being inside the mind of a retard
>>
I still can't believe retarded atheists still use the "herr derr prove to me God is real with evidence" meme.

God isn't a being that WANTS to be found/proven. If God showed up floating over Jerusalem all "I'm back everyone! YOLO!" it would change the entire dynamic of the world (which he wouldn't want).
>>
A lot of scientists believe that parallel universes are real, but have you ever been to a parallel universe?
>>
>>688463866
>Checkt
You mean turn the world into well behaving individuals knowing eternity of hell is facing them? Yeah sounds like a pretty shit thing he could do.
>>
>>688463866
> which he wouldnt want
because you've been reading his diary?
retard
>>
>>688463602
that's the rationality of a 4 year old
>>
File: 1465188842304.jpg (1 MB, 5000x2814) Image search: [Google]
1465188842304.jpg
1 MB, 5000x2814
>>
>>688464004
that is a theory that still needs proof. god doesn't even qualify as a theory. it's pure nonsense
>>
>>688464014

All of our free will would be taken away inadvertently. God gave use free will for a reason and how we use that free will is predicated on whether or not we think God exists and how our decisions will be judged by him.

If everyone knew God exists, his little soap opera that he's got going here on Earth would turn into a bunch of fake shit with no one doing anything.
>>
>>688463367
Maybe, but this is posible to humans?
>>
>>688463866
so why did he supposed show up to humans 2000 years ago and be all like "sup bros. check me out" and then wont ever appear again? There is currently no one religion that contains a majority of the world's population. We are so separated, believing the other 2/3rds of the world "got it wrong" and will burn in hell for it. Why wouldnt he come down again and unite the world in the one true belief? To end wars. To scare criminals straight with the fear of damnation if they dont stop. Nah, fuck all that right?
>>
>>688464014
The problem with that is that he wants us to live with free will. He gave us minds and bodies, and he made it so that he can use them himself. Think about it now. Do you really wanna know that your children will only behave when you're there in the room with them?
And a follow up. Do you wanna raise some weakling who can't do shit for himself, because 'daddy will handle it for me'?

He taught us right and wrong, and stopped actively meddling as much to allow us to apply the skills he taught us to work.

>but why do we need skills? why aren't we just in heaven?

Because, simply put, that isn't what he wants.
>>
>>688464383
>All of our free will would be taken away inadvertently. God gave use free will for a reason and how we use that free will is predicated on whether or not we think God exists and how our decisions will be judged by him.
If he knows all things, we don't have free will because he already knows what is going to happen *predetermination*
>If everyone knew God exists, his little soap opera that he's got going here on Earth would turn into a bunch of fake shit with no one doing anything.
This is what you think, and is a fallacy to think no one would do anything reminds me of fucking idiots arguing if the social support was increased more people would bludge. Look at switzerland you can live on social support and they dont have a fucking shit tier country. Fucking morons the lot of you.
>>
>>688464306
>that is a theory that still needs proof.

But Hawkings believes even without the proof.

>god doesn't even qualify as a theory. it's pure nonsense

why doesn't asian moot make /b/ 18+ only?
>>
Prove me you're exist without saying 'I' which says you suppose you exist
>>
>>688452813
Bacon
>>
>>688464424
Because all gods are real. If one God revealed itself, every his would need to and if every God did, we would have a religious war like we have never seen. The world would be plunged into a new, eternal, dark age.
>>
>>688464004
Scientists don't believe in the multiverse like christians believe in god. they are saying that it might be possible and admit there is very little proof
>>
>>688464546
>Because, simply put, that isn't what he wants.
This is your assumption by your own logic you are applying your concepts to something that is the creator of all things. Do you realize how narcissistic and egotistical this is you stupid fuck?
>>
>>688452813
god cant be proven and if he exists he wouldnt want to be. Religion is centered entirely on faith now whether hes real or not, its faith that allows people to open their hearts and become better human beings. having said that i became buddhist, it reconciled my disbelief in god and my desire for spirituality
>>
>>688464617
>But Hawkings believes even without the proof

no, he doesn't
>>
>>688464578
>If he knows all things, we don't have free will because he already knows what is going to happen *predetermination*

Just because he knows what is going to happen doesn't mean that we didn't have the free will to do it to begin with. I know my girlfriend is gonna blow me tomorrow, but it's her free will to do it or not.

>This is what you think, and is a fallacy to think no one would do anything reminds me of fucking idiots arguing if the social support was increased more people would bludge. Look at switzerland you can live on social support and they dont have a fucking shit tier country. Fucking morons the lot of you.

Going from God discussion to weird discussion about Swiss social politics.

blettit is >>>>thataway.
>>
>>688464424

>taking the Bible that literally

Holy shit, /b/ get it together
>>
>>688464424
He didn't show up. His son did, and he made it very clear.

As for the judgemental Christians, they're obviously not being proper christians. He teaches forgiveness, but the threat of punishment is still there so that we think about our actions more. I'm sure he'd let many a good atheist in, provided that they actually were good people.

Those deserving of a reward are rewarded in the end. Those deserving of a punishment are punished in the end. And those deserving of another chance are given numerous since the beginning. It's up to an individual to choose his own path.
>>
>>688464916
i never bought into that line of thinking on omniscience anyway. Why does being omniscient imply he knows the future? I believe he knows everything that has happened and is happening, but what happens with our lives are up to us and our free will.

I think people misunderstand the "it's God's plan" or whatever thing - yes, he does have a plan for all of us, but it's up to us if we want to follow it or not.
>>
>>688464847
>its faith that allows people to open their hearts and become better human beings.
This is entirely wrong, I became a better human being because I want to be one, we have one life one chance wasting it by being a shit tier individual and fucking everything doesn't mean shit to me.
>>
>>688452813
I love how obvious it is his dainty little wrist can't bear the weight of that moronic sword. Elbow jammed into his ribcage to brace it.
Phew boi, this one doubles as a cringe thread.
>>
>>688464851

Actually in some papers he does, and some he doesn't. He did say that black holes could be portals to parallel universes.
>>
>>688464838
Read the fucking bible before arguing about it's contents. He makes it clear.
This isn't narcissistic and this isn't egoistic. I'm simply going off of what he and his prophets wrote down.
>>
>>688465377
>This isn't narcissistic and this isn't egoistic. I'm simply going off of what he and his prophets wrote down.
I have read the bible cover to cover to try and understand mentally ill minds, it is a rewritten book a thousand times over, ive read the previous iterations of the bible and they are drastically different to todays copies but you probably only read one book and were like "this is infallible" you sicken me as a human being.
>>
>>688465235

I personally think God gets a laugh when we suprise him with an unexpected smart (or stupid) move.
>>
>>688465274
That's an ancient samurai stance. You gaijin know nothing of our honorable Nippon ways.
>>
>>688465377
And if you don't Believe in What you See... Sorry dude, you won't be in, if you don't believe ( supposing bible is true) that it came from god
>>
>>688465245
well id have to agree with you. i didnt communicate correctly. faith is a strong avenue to open up the better side of your humanity. but its not for everyone, hence why i became buddhist. id prefer a roadmap of logical reasoning to help me be a more happy and loving individual.
>>
>>688464847
>morality was created by belief in god

this is a fallacy. social animals like wolves and lions don't believe in god. piranhas don't eat each other and they arent religious. human infants show signs of morality before they can even understand language. go fuck yourself
>>
>>688461495
Yeah while you're doing that, I'm learning dvq and applicational uses in engineering.
>>
>>688465576
>+1
I hate how religious individuals believe without the bible people dont have morals, they are ingrained into everyone and everything only those truly mentally ill cant grasp this, or are brain damaged like psychopaths or personality disorders and morality is whatever they get pleasure from and thus will seek it with no regard for anything else because the brain is programmed that way.
>>
>>688465340
but he doesn't base his life choices on those beliefs. religious nutcases do. theres no use in comparing theoretical physics to religion
>>
>>688465498
i think it's probably more often a reaction of exasperation

>this fucker's jacking off AGAIN?
>>
>>688465576
those arent my words bro. i was saying that when you release control, are earnestly sorry for the shit youve done and realize that despite all that you are loved, you can in turn love others in the same way. i didnt say a damn thing about the invention of morality. empathy is the highest of emotions and requires no invention, just a push in the right direction.
>>
youre a mental illness.
>>
>>688465534
So he could exist
>>688464652
He could give you existance as for universe, because he's risen by himself.

He is unbelieving in true words, how he convinced christtians to be good. Whatever it's a good path.
>>
I truly believe that there are people who don't believe in God, but for the most part they "don't believe" because of the following:

>i hate my parents. parents are christians. no God
>my priest touched me. no God
>i prayed to God for help in some traumatic life event and didn't get the result I wanted. no God
>how can i be edgy? no God
>how can I appear smarter than everyone else in the room? no God
>i'm not really oppressed by the gov't or society, but i want to cry oppression. no God
>what beliefs are probably the easiest to belittle on the internet? no God
>>
>>688452813
You can't prove it nor can you disprove it
>checkmate
>>
>>688452813
you have 10 seconds to prove to me that a pin sized ball exploded and created all of this which keeps expanding
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.