[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /b, i was talking in class today with a friend of mine when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 11
File: Mental Ilness.jpg (41 KB, 700x390) Image search: [Google]
Mental Ilness.jpg
41 KB, 700x390
Ok /b, i was talking in class today with a friend of mine when we enter the Transgender subject. I said that Transgender was a mental ilness (gender identity disorder) and this other guy listening to us went BERSERK. Start calling me a small minded limited, prejudiced, saying i am ignorant, that i have to study more etc.

I made the mistake of trying to calm him down with arguments and telling him to stop attacking me (My mistake was beeing on the defensive the whole time) and the guy was getting louder and louder to the point where veryone could hear and started to look at me (Since i was the one beeing call shit). I got nervous and was not able to fight back properly since everytime i tried to explain why i believe it is a mental ilness he would get even more Berserk.

So /B. I need your help
Tell me why Transgender are mental Ilness or why they are not and PLEASE, use scientific arguments so i can use them if this shit ever happen again

>TLD/ Transgender is mental ilness or not? Explain
>>
i mean it only takes one trans to burn the book
>>
BUMPIN
>>
The problem is that the DSM itself--mental illness diagnostic text used for diagnosis--is currently fucked. NIHM dropped funding for DSM-based research projects until they could actually put better science behind what is and isn't a diagnosis.

The issue of whether transgender is or isn't a mental illness can't be scientifically bridged until we get a better grasp on what defines mental illness in general.

NIHM letter is good for a read:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/about/director/2013/transforming-diagnosis.shtml
>>
>>688147600
Since you will never "win" one of these arguments why not just walk away shaking head?
>>
>>688147600
That faggot sounds mentally unstable. Think he proved your point.
>>
>Their brain is literally not working properly since it thinks it's female when it's in a male body
>Not an illness
>>
>>688147600
WHO GIVES A FUCK, it's about features yo, i'm a dude, i wanna look like a girl, i like girly features, so i have them, everyone should be like this, all non-binary, and you just look for the features/genitals you wanna be with, fuck all this gender nonsense
>>
File: 1448467872613.jpg (256 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448467872613.jpg
256 KB, 960x1280
>>688147600
I love dicks, but hate male body/face types

also i think vaginas are gross, but like female body/face types,

so i thank god for trans genders or i'd never be able to jerk off and enjoy it
>>
Look OP, even though it can be classified as a mental disorder, why should you care? Just enjoy life, go have sex or smth, ya sorry bastard
>>
File: 52b1c5b31605fb5dd5000258.jpg (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
52b1c5b31605fb5dd5000258.jpg
35 KB, 800x600
>>688148668

Fluke is a more applicable term. Good studies have been done showing their brains aren't defective, just mismatched with their bodies -- like a more debilitating form of heterochromia.

Unfortunately most people are too emotional and can't look at the evidence objectively because it makes them uncomfortable. People who get upset about this kind of thing betray their own insecurities.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x785
>>688149178
its not classified as a metal disorder tho lol. you have to be stupid to think that any social dictates based on gender have shit to do with genitals or chromsomes. biology books will also say that sex isnt as binary as you fucks think there is a lot of grey area. idk why you people even care about most of this shit. just be respectful and decent like you would be to anyone else.
>>
>>688148538
I did that, but at that time i was already smashed to the ground bu the mighty liberal argument : You are a racist homophic and thats why i hate you
>>
Op, missing a certain enzyme deficiency causes the children of Salinas of the Dominican republic to all be born with female genitalia, yet the majority of the children "know" if they are actually boys or girls despite the identical genitalia

And guess what? those same "boys" end up growing penises and their balls descend at puberty proving what they believed to be true

Their accounts are eerily similar as children to the accounts of children that end up being transgender.

We don't know the exact mechanism that makes someone transgender but for the majority of transgender individuals, we know it is symptomatic as children, and it happens universally around the world at a very similar rate in almost every population (the only exception being areas that are "trans friendly" that trans people move to disproportionately, or areas where it is an executable offense)

Since we don't know the mechanism, and we know it is a natural condition, while it may technically be an illness, it is not curable, and efficacious treatment is 100% limited to acknowledging their requested identity, hormone replacement therapy and surgery. When you see a person with a Y chromosome walking down the street, you should not assume "he is an ill person for doing that" but instead you should think, "she is getting treatment and getting better"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/09/22/the-mysterious-village-where-girls-turn-into-boys/
>>
>>688150883
Walking down the street in a dress*
>>
>>688147600
cognitive dissonance disorder. Also, the suicide rates of people who actually go through with a transition are ASTRONOMICAL. Why? Because chopping off your dick/sewing one on doesnt fix the problem of your mind confusing itself gender-wise.
>>
>>688150883
I see that, i must have triggered the guy by saying it was an Ilness. Should i use dysphoria next time? It seems a lighter word
>>
>>688152104
The ones that don't go through with it are actually higher, I know the study you are talking about, it was an exploratory study and it's sample size was laughably low
>>
>>688147600
It is an illness, but like anyone with a mental illness logic has no effect. This is why liberalism is also a mental disease.
>>
>>688152436
i just love how the /b/ meme is "mental illness" when medicine doesnt even recogize or treat it as such lol.
>>
>>688150883
>getting treatment and getting better
LOL no. No one ever is cured of their mental illness, they just learn to cope with it.
Also, the suicide rate of post-op trans is way higher than national averages, because surgery doesn't fix their mental illness, and that was often the last fix for them to try.
>>
>>688152574
you are the one with the cognitive dissonance. no matter how much you kick and scream you are obviously wrong and you are losing. so fuck yourself.
>>
>>688152663
>when medicine doesn't recognize it as such
Until recently that is. Before the change in psych standards, it was a mental illness, and still is because it causes a whole host of other problems such as depression leading to suicide.
>>
>>688152747
you are factually incorrect lol. do you know what is higher for for post transition peeps tho. the homicide rate. so fuck off with your hateful rhetoric and do the trannies a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>688152436
No, just don't bring it up, you don't go around calling people with depression diseased, despite them being so, it's more of social connotation

If I said you were diseased because you have moles, you would take it as an insult, despite it being a very normal disease

They don't need a reminder that they are different, they need acceptance so they stop killing themselves

They aren't hurting anyone

>>688152747
I very explicitly said there is no cure, they are coping and acceptance of their identity is a way for them to get treatment/cope

Also there is no statistical difference of pre-op and post op transgender suicide rates

They commit suicide more that the general populace, not because they "made a mistake" like you suggest but because even after their surgery, they are treated like outcasts and pariahs

There is a disproportionately high amount of native American and black suicide, are you going to suggest that it is because they are black or native American? Or that their circumstances put them at a higher risk for depression and suicide
>>
>>688153096
Delusional or in denial - which is it?
>>
>>688152963
>yeah it isnt a mental illness
>im still going to call it a mental illness

wat
>>
>>688152963
It doesn't cause depression, societies outlook on it causes depression

Look at suicide rates for gays

It used to be astronomically high, but as gay acceptance grows the suicide rate has been dropping
>>
>>688153230
why are you so insecure that you give a fuck? let the freaks do what they want to do and maybe cosider that an inside perspective may be clearer than your own and listen.
>>
>>688153218
http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120
Sorry, but there is higher rates of depression and suicide among post op trans patients.
Just how it goes, buckaroo.
>>
>>688149008
Sooooo.... then. ..... who do you fuck?
>virgin
>>
>>688153636
wow quality link faggot nice read. nice unbiased article and quality accurate source. your a dumb braindead fucking cunt and a burden on society. kys.
>>
>>688153636
It's an op-ed

It claimed no scientific backing

Give an actual source

I've seen 1 source ever claim that post op patients commit suicide more frequently, and it was done with a pool of less that 50 transgender people, with all of them being patients of the same doctor
>>
>>688154005
thank you.
>>
my blanket smells like cheese
>>
>>688153464
Like I said - doesn't cure the problems. World hasn't changed enough to support them, so suicide is still gonna be high because of what is causing their depression.
It's a combination of nature and nurture going on.

>>688153518
The only one projecting insecurity is you, laddie. Why are you not secure enough to consider what I said is true, and instead start attacking me for what I said?
Wee bit hypocritical don't ya think?
>>
bump so i can contimue deebate
>>
>>688147600
It's simple science, and has nothing to do with anyone's "feelings". Your gender is determined by your chromosomes, and the pairing of XX or XY. There are those two, and ONLY those two in the human species. Doesn't matter what someone feels, or identifies as. I can "identify" as the world's greatest basketball player if I want, but if I suck at basketball, why should anyone else pretend anything else? If you transplanted fur onto a pig, taught it to fetch, made a prosthetic tail for it to wag, and called it Spot.. it's still gonna taste like bacon if you cook, no matter how many people decide to pretend it's a dog.
>>
>>688147600
it can actually explain transgenders.
>>
>>688154005
Btw, the study I'm referring to was an exploratory study that was debunked, something like 3 of the doctors patients killed themselves, and 2 were post op

If you think a sample that small is statistically significant, you have your own mental illness
>>
>>688147600
Mental illness. Cognitive dissonance. Every last bit of evidence proves you are one thing, but you still believe you are another.
>>
>>688147600
What a cuck.. Can't defend yourself right
? Did you always were a victim your whole life ?
>>
>>688147600
Protip: these people don't care about scientific arguments. The public at large doesn't care about them at all anymore. You need to win by appealing to "feelings". "How does that make you feel?"

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>>
>>688154237
So calling them "ill" isn't going to help their self esteem

So don't do it
>>
>>688153230
Both
>>
>>688154005
Dr Paul McHugh is who wrote the article - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_R._McHugh
He qualifies as "expert opinion" on the matter. He is the source.
>>
OP, stop giving a fuck about stupid crap like this. People who argue about genders are like people who argue about religious beliefs. One side won't stop until you say their right.

Ignore the aggressive asshole, if he keeps yelling just ignore him. Like religion, people will realize on their own that their belief is just bullshit.
>>
Get a transfag like me to come to school and vouch on your behalf. Unless the liberal is trans himself he'll have to bend to the "poor oppressed minority's" will and say you're right.

Good luck finding a transfag in your area that isn't tumblrpilled tho.
>>
>>688154523
RIP grammar
>>
>>688154237
i considered your perspective and then ran it through the logic ethics pshycology sociology and everything else wash and it didnt hold water. just like the fags think the earth is flat and jews rule the world and obamas a lizard. being a tranny doesnt make you a rapist and they dont deserve this negativity.
>>
>>688154390
They're ill
>>
>>688154390
Except they are ill. You don't tell a gunshot wound victim "oh you'll be fine, just walk it off."
You tell them the truth and don't mollycoddle them because you're doing them a disservice otherwise by giving them special treatment, when you should be treating them like everyone else.
If you see a problem, you speak up. It is up to them to fix their problems, not have everyone else conform to their problems.
>>
>>688154647
Nice strawman and false equivalencies you got there. Too bad no one taught you how to refute the main point, eh?
>>
>>688154509
>a cunt pulled this out their ass
>"noohh a cunt with a wikipedia pulled this out their ass"
kys dumbass
>>
>>688154509
There are also psychiatrists that claim eugenics is still a thing

The opinion of 1 doctor DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE

that is not how medicine works, medicine is a science and is a based on statically significant evidence

I can find you a doctor that will tell you putting quartz crystals on your head cures cancer, that doesn't make it true
>>
>>688154979
Such denial - makes me think someone is a wee bit confused about their gender.
Were you picked on a lot as a child for it? Did mommy spank you when she caught you wearing her clothes?
>>
It is a mental disorder. Someone adapted to society by adopting the wrong gender association. Its like a form of OCD, they are very anxious with their body image and feel as if being a different sex or being a trans is a better social defense than just embracing the body they have, like a straight or gay person would.
>>
>>688154964
>buzzwords that people just learned this year
>>
>>688154660
Moles are an illness, but you don't call people with moles diseased

Not because it isn't true, but because it's not polite
>>
>>688147600
For me the whole transexual attraction is the domination aspect. I made this male submit to me and I am now fucking his ass and he is receiving pleasure from it. His body is also feminine and when he receives pleasure ejaculation it feels similar.

I do like having sex with women and do like dominating them but it isn't the same. Women are meant to be dominated by men this is a fact. But this guy who should be dominating other women is below me taking my cock up his ass or on his knees sucking my cock and enjoying it is a whole higher level, it's like I'm forcefully taking him out the gene pool. + My wife isn't one of those crazy trans she has a job as a personal injury lawyer just jealous as fuck.

But being around the scene you can tell many of these people are fucked up in the head. Some can take control of their lives others take their situation and try to grab attention or pity with it or demand that people accept them. The normal ones are I'm not a male I am a female then take hormones and get surgery to correct it then live their lives as females. The crazy ones are I'm not a male I'm transexual but make no attempt to actually live their lives as women.

Then we got fringe people who are pansexual. Fucking insane

My wife has friends she is 26 that are still whoring themselves out for money instead of working. It's sad really.
>>
File: Socrates Always Right.jpg (182 KB, 918x627) Image search: [Google]
Socrates Always Right.jpg
182 KB, 918x627
>>688147600

Use the Socratic method on him.

Ask him this.

If I identify myself as Napoleon, dress as Napoleon and walk around demanding that people call myself Emperor, I am considered to be mentally ill and delusional regardless of how strongly I feel that I am Napoleon since it is demonstrably false that I am not Napoleon.

Yet on the other hand if I identify myself as a woman, dress as a woman, walk around demanding that other call me a woman, alter my endocrine system with artificial hormone treatments to make me look more like a woman and pay a doctor to mutilate my genitals into the shape of a vagina then I am considered sane despite the fact that it is demonstrably false that I am not a woman.

So why is one delusion valid while the other is not?
>>
>>688147600
It can be considered a mental illness because it's a delusion. If a man has a penis and balls and believes he is a woman, he is delusional and incorrect.

Likewise, if a woman with tits and a vagina thinks she is a man, she is incorrect and delusional.

Some people think they are dogs and cats, but we don't cater to their delusions, and instead we treat them for their delusion with medication and/or therapy rather than putting them through surgery to give them a tail and pointy ears.
>>
>>688155029
There is more than just one doctor claiming it is still a psychological illness - which is why the standards are being challenged after the new procedures and classification of gender dysphoria came out.
It's ok though, because I am the one arguing for helping them because the new guidelines are hurting their community, while you are for the new guidelines which is leading to their suicides and continued misery.
>>
>>688154771
But calling them ill is what leads to the most traumatic symptoms of the disease

Don't call depressed people lazy sacks of shit

Don't call trans people mentally ill
>>
>>688154277
KEkd
>>
>>688154964
>muh fallacies

dumbass. i didnt make any false comparisons. you can deny reason and trends and science all you want but do you know what that makes you? it makes you a fucking loser. thats all your ever going to be a stupid rockhead loser. have fun with your meaningless fucking life loser.
>>
>>688155435
There's nothing wrong with being mentally ill. It's not the same as calling someone a lazy sack of shit. If the transexual community are offended by people who think they're suffering from a mental illness, maybe they shouldn't look down on mental illness and consider it an insult?
>>
>>688155291
Depends on the mole. Not all are cancerous, some are just cosmetic due to clustering of melanocytes.
>>
Anyone trans needs to be shot. End of.
>>
>>688155435
You do tell depressed people they are mentally ill, and need to seek treatment for their illness though.
You're saying you should tell them "oh it's going to be fine" when you know it's not - more than likely society is going to be against them and you're promoting the idea that they should not seek out psychological support for them to help teach them how to cope with the world.
>>
>>688149645
Not sure If hight quality bait or massive faggotry, well done mate
>>
>>688154771
by that same logic attacking any insecurity is productive and the way society should work. your never going to change people. we need to change how we as a society behave and our morals. your never going to stop having faggot kids until we all die off. those faggot kids at least deserve some dignity though right? and the amount of denial you are living in is not diginifying to the fags or yourself. so kill yourself. wipe your sorry scum face off my planet cunt.
>>
File: Freud Vs. Taliban.jpg (459 KB, 584x904) Image search: [Google]
Freud Vs. Taliban.jpg
459 KB, 584x904
>>688155435

Yes, lets reinforce a mental delusion rather than telling people to deal with reality. And more than that lets tell them to demand all their friends and family reinforce the delusion too and attack anyone who doesn't accept the lie.

This is what the modern psychiatric community has concluded and there's really only one reason behind it......money. If a psychiatrist tells a tranny that they aren't a woman and that they never will be and that they need to learn to accept themselves for who they are then they are telling them what they need to hear; but not what they WANT to hear and in that situation the tranny rather than accepting reality will simply leave the psychiatrist who has the integrity to tell them the truth and find one who will tell them the pretty lies they want to hear and then they'll get paid. Thus the psychiatrists have told people that they can live a lie and pretend to be whatever they imagine; because lying gets them paid.

Its sad really. I pity the trannies, they're unhappy with who they are and mentally ill and now the psychiatric and medical communities have chosen to lie to them for profit.
>>
>>688155109
sounds like projection lol. or just an example of what a brainwashed faggot you are. kill yourself.
>>
>>688147600
Its a mental disorder, like many many other shit that the media sell us like "normal" now, its just a way to manipulate and divide the population, makes us weak, its obvious If you are not brainwashed
>>
>>688155681
Even the cosmetic ones are diseased
>>
>>688156062
Do you support people eating healthy so they don't become overweight or do you say that society should accept how fat and dangerously obese they are because we need to support them with their choices even though they are killing themselves by their actions and being a burden on an already stretched health system?
>>
>>688155412
it would be a delusion if someone of one sex thought they had the body of another sex. being trangender isnt a delusion its just nonconformative.
>>
>>688156295
Since i stated i believe it to be a mentall ilness i am not brainwashed no matter how many times shitty TV says Bruce Jenner is a hero.

Just got pissed
>>
>>688156253
Says the person who's only rebuttal has been "kill yourself."
>>
>>688155295
>i like fukkin the trannies yall
>but fuck them bisexuals whats up with them
?
>>
>>688156511
kill yourself.
>>
OP, you could argue it's a physical problem instead. That the opposite gender mind is in the wrong body instead of implying that the mentality of the person is at fault. Gender is behavioural as well as physical so you can't really say for certain that it's a disorder to think you're in the wrong gendered body

>>688152104
correlation does not mean causation. People kill themselves for all sorts of reasons. I guarantee you'd find similar statistics for anyone going through a life altering experience. For example, addicts who become sober, lottery winners, careers ending, partner dying.

Also the switch isn't perfect yet so it's hard to say if it's the partial change or the futility of changing that's the problem. (I imagine in the future it'll all be done with pills etc and that it will be reversible)
>>
>>688153218
Suicide rates are highest among whites.
>>
>>688157172
i dont think you know what a suicide rate is
>>
>>688157116
Nah, rather just continue to piss you off. More fun this way.
Trannies are mentally ill.
>>
>>688156463
Being wrong about your gender is a delusion. If a person has a penis and they think they're a woman, they're delusional.

People try to overcomplicate these matters to introduce their bullshit, but it's that simple. If you're a human and you think you're a hippo, you're delusional. If you're Chinese and you think you're French, you're also delusional. If you think you're a man when you've got tits and a vagina, you're delusional.
>>
>>688157172
Yup - we gotta deal with everyone else's bullshit heaped on us.
>>
>>688156362
well "the biggest loser" and that whole mentality isnt helping anyone. just makes the landwhales beach themselves. theres no reason to tell a fatty shit though and being militant just makes you a fag. if they wanna be fat whatever.
>>
>>688157604
kill yourself
>>
>>688147600
basically if I go to the doctor and say I want him to remove my perfectly functional arm or leg so I could attach a fake one, I would be commited as insane. But if I tell the doc to chop my dick off and turn it inside out so I can be a girl, I get a parade.
>>
Well its fucked up to say transgenders have a mental illness because they aren't confused or anything about who they want to be. That's just like saying gay people are mentally ill or that's just like saying people that have weird fetishes are mentally ill. It's something that's influenced through nature AND nurture, so you can't call them mentally ill.
>>
>>688157604
hmm, you hold an opinion that the majority of the scientific community and western society (ie civilised society) think is incorrect. You have reached this conclusion based on the same evidence that is available to them.

Seeing as your brain doesn't work the same way as most peoples doesn't that technically make you mentally ill?
>>
>>688157739
yeah but being a chink doesnt mean you have to speak dongbongchingchongnese and having a cock doesnt mean you have to fit into a certain gender or presentation or whatever. you guys just seem really ignorant and purposefully so.
>>
>>688157172
What?

Native Americans have always killed themselves more
>>
>>688157813
So, you do support them killing themselves and being a drain on society.
Why do you argue against helping transgenders then? Just let them continue to suicide.

>>688157889
Trannies are ill.

>>688158358
You seem to think that there has been unanimous consensus that gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness by society and the professionals in the psychology and psychiatry fields.
Perhaps your brain isn't working so good. It's ok that, you can get the help you need.
>>
>>688158278
you and i both know gender confirming surgeries or whatever are mostly cosmetic thats like half your point. well plenty of cosmetic surgeries are acceptes so why does it matter.
>>
>>688157765
oh no the poor fucking cracker. kys.
>>
>>688157739
they dont all think they're a "woman in a mans body", some just want to be treated and be able to act like the opposite sex.
>>
File: excellent bait.jpg (32 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
excellent bait.jpg
32 KB, 680x681
>>688149645
Or just stupid, who even knows these days
>>
>>688149645
I think you will find that pschology books define a grey area. Biology is pretty black and white in this area.
Obviously I am decent and respectful though, I wouldn't be reminding a schizophrenic not to listen to the voices every other second either?
>>
>>688158399
Having a cock makes you a male. Having a vagina makes you female.

Gender identity is irrelevant and only people who spend too much time on Tumblr and are obsessed with labelling themselves and fitting into categories and groups care about that shit.
>>
>>688156775
Pan!=bi not even close.
Bi people like both males and females that are "non trans". Pan people are desperate and fuck everything because they don't have any game to get what they want.
>>
>>688158946
Trannies are still mentally ill.
>>
>>688158710
im not militantly arguing that all the trannies have to do whatever hrt or surgery. its a false equivalency. im saying be decent and let them do what makes them happy. for some dumbass reason you think torturing them is the best thing for them. makes you sound a bit like a nazi.
>>
>>688158710
kill yourself
>>
Tell him that primary function of sexual organs is reproduction and that if he feels like "she", it means that he wants to be impregnated, lmao
>>
>>688159383
Ey look mang, fellow sciencebro here, and while I agree that these people need to stop calling themselves female, which they have been known to do, I would say that if they choose to advertise their role in society as that of a "woman", then that is their choice.
While we can argue that they can never fulfill that role due to their lack of the functioning reproductive organ generally embodied by women, it is still their own choice to be delusional to that extent.
Same as the people who go around belittling people because they are genuinely convinced they are intelligent, it's their choice to have everyone laugh at them.
>>
>>688159535
Aren't there studies showing that an abnormally high percentage of people who go through gender reassignment surgery end up trying to kill themselves?
>>
The new manual specifies that in order for an atypical sexual behavior to be classified as a mental condition, a person must:

1. Feel personal distress about their interest, not merely distress resulting from society’s disapproval; or

2. have a sexual desire or behavior that involves another person’s psychological distress, injury, or death, or a desire for sexual behaviors involving unwilling persons or persons unable to give legal consent.
>>
>>688159535
Sorry, but getting psychological help and teaching them how to deal with society's pressures isn't Nazism. It showing them the way to the better life they should have. I never said they should have HRT, or surgery either. I merely have said, repeatedly, it is mental illness that they need support for so they can lead normal lives.

Surprised you lasted this long without invoking Godwin's law, honestly impressed.
>>
>>688159893
Yes, you are correct, I am at a loss as to why this guy is trying to argue a point where the number correlate with yiur argument.
Good on you though.
>>
>>688159910
You are trying to class transexualism as an okay fetish by those guidelines my friend.
Which is cool by me, but doesn't lend it much credibility as far as medical conditions go.
>>
After death there is nothing
We have no souls
Only bodies
You cannot have a soul with a gender, souls do not reproduce
They do not exist (bring up these are your beliefs and denying them is offensive. Yell at them like they would at you)
Therefore you can only judge gender by body or mind
Bodies are good at making sure everything is consistent
Males have the same brain and biology to do with as they wish
Same for females
There is no male brain in any female.
Therefore you are a fucking idiot but I don't get the pleasure of telling you this because you kept interrupting me every fucking word I said.
Because you can't stand being disproven.
>>
File: gayop.jpg (35 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
gayop.jpg
35 KB, 500x430
You are a beta and a faggot

You deserved to be publicly humiliated
>>
>>688147600
lol I love when the fags get hurt when you tell them it's a mental disorder, as it is defined (I'm a psychology major and have had to study this fag material)

Don't even argue with them. You're literally arguing with a retard. It's the same thing as arguing with a liberal (which they usually are too)

Let me give you some golden advice:
Why even bother associating with them when you don't have to, when associating with them is going to make you think about it later on?

Also, never take a logic class, because you'll never be able to argue with anyone again, because you'll see how ridiculous people's "arguments" are
>>
>>688159795
wearing girly clothes and prefering a pronoun and cosmetic medical shit has nothing to do with having a pussy or a dick. why do you delusional to think that it does. its just trolling to fuck with these people.
>>
>>688160293
>moving into spirituality to solve a biological or societal argument
Retard alert.
>>
>>688158710
well, they're not being chased by men in white with butterfly nets so I think society on average has accepted them.

Try thinking about it this way. You hold a view that is just as extreme, but opposite to the trans whatevers. They think they were born as the wrong gender whereas you think you are the gender you're born and to think differently is to be mentally unwell. The majority of people agree with them or agree with you slightly or think it's up to that person alone to decide. Most simply don't care enough to have an opinion.

Also as a side note, just because you're born into a society doesn't mean you have to contribute to it or that it's immoral to take from it and moral to add to it.
>>
>>688149008
Why do you think vaginas are gross?
>>
>>688149241
>mismatched with their bodies
Why does this phrase hurt me. It's so fucking stupid, but I can't tell why.
>>
>>688159477
kill yourself
>>
>>688160413
Trans fucks are such annoying faggots that the "regular" faggots who just analize and scissor each other are offended by them
>>
>>688160453
(You)
Summer is here!
>Implying
Newfag
Go back to plebbit
Is that an iFunny watermark
Kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekek
PLEASE KILL ME
>>
>>688147600
> in class
Underage b&
>>
>>688159418
maybe they are just kinky lol. sex is a diverse and beautiful thing and there are a lot of perspectives to be had towards it.
>>
>>688160437
You are attempting to fulfill a role in society reserved for females. It's delusional.
Same as if I tried to come out as "Black" to my friends and family, I mean sure I can paint myself and speak differently, maybe botch a few IQ tests and have some surgery, but at the end of the day my genetics don't match up with that role, and people will laugh.
I didn't quite understand your post bro, and I hope you are not having a stroke as I first thought, but I believe this answers it.
>>
>>688149008
Nothings wrong with that. It's just people who like turn it into some stupid social movement like it's some sort of identity crisis or human rights issue.
>>
File: haha oh wow.jpg (39 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
haha oh wow.jpg
39 KB, 560x432
>>688147600
oh wow, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>688147600
Look tell them this. Of all the groups of people who wanted change in our society, LGBT has been the most Aggressive to the wrong crowd for a decade now. Black people yeah fought but didnt just go around beating non-whites. Women are somewhat aggressive but at the same time the normal ones (NOT FEMINAZI) tend to be more understanding. Hispanics are not fighting or being aggressive to anyone to get their freedom and shit. So WHY the fuck do sad 20-29 year olds have to be on the offesnive to just random "binary" cis people. Likethats how you make yourself look worse. When Gays were told that they are going to Hell, you know what they did? They just moved on to the religion that accepted them. Most went for Satanism, surprisingly. But none of them really fought the system in a way that causes violence. I hate trannies and such "gender-liquid" people because it's a phase they have to step out of and just focus on what we have really at hands. Not dwindle with the rights of every single fucking GENDER they fucking invent. They are mental. They are people who don't respect others in fear of others not respecting them. Which clearly are people out there who would welcome them. But no, they think everyone is out to get the,\m. One more thing. This whole GENDER BULLSHIT is also causing another thing. Like the South Park episode. It may be a joke for somes, but there are people who BELIEVE they are either: Animals, Objects, Characters, Infants, Other Race, or even other Occupation, such as someone who was pretending to be a pedo because thats what he felt he needed to be. Like he was destined to be. Fuck trannies man. They all need evaluation of their brains.
>>
>>688160236
Actually I was trying to point out that people that naturally feel distressed by their condition, because they will never be able to be their desired gender, should be classified as mentally ill.
>>
>>688159376
im pretty sure sex isnt binary. if it was wouldnt all male genitals or whatever be the same and all lady genitals the same. theres a lot of variation and one pushing into the other (no pun intended) and looking at gentic coding a lot of variation too and more common then one would believe.
>>
>>688160511
Not that guy, but vaginas are pretty fucking gross, but I'm still going to fuck them

Dicks are pretty gay tho

If it wasn't for tits, I'd probably be an asexual or whatever the fuck you call someone who isn't attracted to either. Asexual was a 90s term. Watch how butthurt some fag gets that I probably used it wrong in 2016
>>
>>688160461
I hate to say it, as I am not that anon, but you will probably need some citations for this broad statements about social acceptance of transexuals.
The fact that America (presumably where you live) is a near majority christian, throws some serious doubt on your conjecture.

The same way we no longer lock up depressed people, as we know it does little good, there has been no solution so far about transexualism as we have no thorough understanding of it as yet.
>>
>>688159974
>Godwin's law
societal pressures wtf are those.
>>
>>688159795
I don't dispute that at all. I'm all for freedom of choice, and if people want to do that and they're not harming anyone then I wouldn't stop them. It worries me that a lot of people who go through gender reassignment surgery apparently try to kill themselves or end up with depression afterwards though.

I really hate the idea that if you don't agree with them you have to be a bigot, transphobe, ignorant, and all the rest of it though, like what OP described. People are scared to discuss the subject in case one of these intolerant far leftists comes out and starts comparing them to Hitler or something. It's a bully tactic designed to scare any dissenters into silence.
>>
Tell him this:
>if you die and they dig up your bones 1,000 years in the future, and they test the DNA, what will it show?
If he's not fucking stupid, he'll say male.
>when they dig up Trapp McTrapperson 1,000 years in the future, will that person have female DNA?
>No, but mah genders
>so human biology locked you in at birth
>you can pretend that you won't be male 1,000 years in the future
>you can take hormones and get surgery
>you can modify the outward appearance all you want
>but ultimately you will be a genetic male all your life and you have no possible way of changing that, ever.
>not accepting that and lying to yourself about that concrete reality is the very definition of mental illness
>so I don't care if you are a giant fucking faggot or want to be a 10 year old little girl. YOU HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS IF YOU ARE A TRAP.
>I have a mental illness. It's not a horrible thing. It's like having nearsightedness or migraines. But if you don't accept that you are never going to be a female you cannot live your life properly.
>>
File: 1465198743347.gif (128 KB, 450x205) Image search: [Google]
1465198743347.gif
128 KB, 450x205
>>688147600
>Transgender is mental ilness or not?
It is. Period. Thinking that it isn't is just denial.

>Prove to me using science that it's not a mental illness.
Biology *is* science, and it says you're not the gender you want to be. Your claims are based entirely on mental aspects.
>SMALL MINDED BIASED TRANSPHOBE!
>YOUR SOURCES ARE BIASED!

I'm not surprised you're getting pushback from /b/. It's now totally infested with closeted faggots that think a "girl" with a "feminine penis" is a thing.
>>
>>688161018
That could be classed as societal preassures mang, as they are generally more scared of not fitting in as a woman.
>>
>>688147600
Disorder does not always mean they are any less. People like to hear the word illness or disorder and think they sre being attacked.

My definition of illness or disorder in the broad term is that anything that goes against our purpose as biological beings. Which is to reproduce.

If you are gay or trans you are going against the natural scientific purpose.
Same goes for suicide and a bunch of other shit.

Also before anyone gets butthurt I've been hospitalized for suicidal attempts. So I am accepting of myself going against my biological purpose. Also no I'm not trans or gay.
>>
>>688160461
>well, they're not being chased by men in white with butterfly nets so I think society on average has accepted them.
I'm sorry, but what? Google "fight against obesity campaign" and look at all the links. Even HuffPo - the liberal, LGBT, feminist super ally - has articles against obesity.
My view isn't extreme - they need help with their mental health issues. They should get it, rather than trying to conform society which will not happen anytime soon. This is not to say that society shouldn't change - it's just being realistic that it won't overnight.
Until then, because of how society treats them, they need psychological help. Period.
They should be able to live as they want ideally, regardless of what anyone thinks - supporters or detractors. They should be treated equally, instead of given special treatment and laws.
I am arguing for equality, and giving them the means to not suicide, you are still trying to make me out to be the bad guy when you are the one supporting current psychological practices that is leading to their higher suicide rates.
How do that even work?
>>
>>688160293
bodies are not consistent lol. id like you to tell that to the retards ayy.
>>
>>688161087
asexual here, you used it right

and if you used it wrong, who the fuck cares. people who get buttmad over that shit piss me off
>>
>>688161183
*slow claps*

Thank you based anon.
>>
>>688160689
Kinky is for fetishes
Bi is for liking two different sexes, as in the only two. Pan is for desperate people who don't know what they want so thy take anything. But instead of just accepting being bi they're "pan" si they don't feel as gay
>>
>>688161060
There is variation within each gender, but wether your sexual chromosomes are made up by XX or XY is pretty black and white.
While we have syndromes such as XXY, that is not enough to class it as a spectrum, as it implies that such syndromes as different to their inherent parts. In this case it is a male with some female-typical secondary sexual characteristics.
Same way a downs syndrome person is a human, and not a different animal as their chromosomal count would suggest.
>>
The reason its not a "mental illness" is because its a choice. Also a lot of teens are doing it today because its trendy af.
>>
>>688160744
well its our fault as a society that "black" is a role. id like a society where black people are equal and equitable in role to all other folk. same with trans folk.
>>
>>688161177
You bring up my only qualm with transexualism. I fully agree with you, and the shouting of buzzwords is unfortunately a part of modern society.
Try and tell people that you believe medical marijuana requires more thorough testing before becoming fully legal, you will be called exactly the same things.
>>
>>688161585
you know thats the official dictionary have all the words they fucking fags have? Like are they all official or just Tumblr made up words using greek roots?
>>
>>688155329
This is pretty sound. Would like to hear someone with the opposite belief argue it. Just to see
>>
>>688147600
Should have just punched him in the face.
>>
>>688161780
Society is structured in such a way that we all play different and important roles within it.
You are talking about social anarchism, which will likely lead to serious issues for the vast majority of people. Imagine if no one had predetermined roles upon being born? if there was no plan or structure to follow? shit would hit the fan big time, as all of those children fullfil their dreams of living the remainder of their lives as dinosaurs.
>>
>>688161018
lots of people have social and cosmetic goals we may be distressed by in life. is that neccesarily a mental illness? do people need to be tortured for that?
>>
>>688161993
just start WWIII with the gassing of trans while he at it.
>>
>>688147600
You need a psychology book, not a biology book, retard. Gender is identity, sex is physical makeup. Learn to read, dipshit.
>>
>>688161243
Is that really true? Don't you think it's more about that even after all that expensive surgery, you're still not a woman no matter how your body looks or how society treats you?
>>
>>688149008
And the ball sack in that picture isn't gross?
>>
>>688162251
Sjw bs aside the guy have just minded his own business, nothing more annoying than some eavesdropping faggot that thinks he knows shit.
>>
>>688162132
You need to review the definition of distressed in this context.
They used distressed when some lady is busy trying to scratch her way out of an observation room because the voices told her to.
It is not normal to be distressed in this sense.
>>
>>688162094
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/05/opinion/sunday/unless-youre-oprah-be-yourself-is-terrible-advice.html?_r=0

I don't know if that can relate as hard as I can explain. But society does not need MORE people who are revealing their "Selves" they won't get far in life.
>>
>>688162380
>Gender is identity
>sex is physical makeup
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>688162395
No, they are worried about how society treats them, look at these delusions, do you really think they are self-aware to the extent you give then credit for?
>>
>>688162132
Being upset about your physical appearance is not remotely the same as being distresses about the fact that you're living in a whole wrong body. Imagine feeling like a woman but knowing that you will never have a period, give birth or breastfeeding.
I don't know what that torture shit was about, that doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>688161585
i would argue that being pan is more gay lol
>>
>>688162380
wow just die. Like you are the fuel to those people. Whether you agree with fags or not, that right there is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>688161129
>citations
you're not giving me homework

they are broad statements and I think thats all you really need. Transexuals can vote, work, travel abroad, can become famous ( not just for being trans) to give a few examples. To use the US like you said if a trans were to go to certain areas or meet certain individuals then they won't be accepted. Much like if you're black or a muslim or both. There are US citizens who don' think they should vote, live near them or live period. But they're not being stoned by angry mobs or having to enter businesses through the back door. I think we can say that they are socially accepted.

UK fag here, so majority agnostic (thank fuck for that). We only lock up people if they are dangerous to others or themselves. In victorian times we locked up anyone who was mentally ill. Times change
>>
>>688147600
Never once met a tranny that wasnt an attention whore. It is a mental disorder. And usually one of many "shocking things" the individual will do for validation.
>>
>>688147600
Transgender is not a mental disorder. Maybe for the one that think its an identity or something. But before all this SJW shit, it was just another sexual perversion. Girls with dicks? No prob. No discussion on what it meant or what "gender" it was. It was just another weird way to get off.
>>
>>688162495
I don't understand the relevance of this to my post?
I am talking about the component structure of societal groupings, not authenticity.
>>
>>688162665
constant bashing and negativity and opression sucks. vanilla people get called a name and they freak the fuck out and start a hate thread like this.
>>
>>688162773
>I think that's all you need
Hate to be a cunt, but opinion discarded bro. Come back with hard evidence instead of anecdotes and illusions.
>>
>>688162584
So you really think in a perfect society, where everyone approved of trannies, they would be perfectly fine even though they will forever be trapped in the wrong body? Nah man, I'm not taking that.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.