[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sleep paralysis thread Does anybody else suffer from it? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1124x1834) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1124x1834
sleep paralysis thread
Does anybody else suffer from it? I have it frequently but with rare visual hallucinations, I sometimes hear people talking in a hallway but that's it.
>>
>>684402298

NIGGER IF YOU ARE SLEEPING YOU CANNOT CHECK IF YOU ARE PARALYSED OR NOT

KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>684402474
>you've never been aware of your surroundings while asleep
>unable to move because it feels like every inch of your body is being pulled downwards
>you are however, aware of a presence near your bed, and it's coming closer
Come back when you've experienced it
>>
>>684402769

IT DOESNT EXIST YOU FUCKING LAME PUSSY
>>
I suffer from it from time to time, it typically affects my dreams and makes them nightmarish, and then i sit on the brink of waking up for a minute or so, completely paralyzed. The first time it happened to me, I had crazy visual hallucinations. It was so terrifying, I was sure i was going to die. Then I woke up. Bleh
>>
>>684402298
When i was 17 i had that for 3 days in a row, it was always the same, looking at the door of my room i saw how a very tall men came to me and i could'nt yell or move, since then im afraid of the dark. 24 now.
>>
>>684403063
Does it mix your dreams with reality or just mess them up?
>>
>>684402298
Yeah m8 it really fucked me up. First time it ever happened I was like 6 and it was a good experience because I was seeing dinosaurs and I thought it was some cool shit. It came back when I was 12 and I saw a girl standing in my room and I got pretty scared about that. Through the years I had on and off experiences with this shit. The most recent was when I was 17 and during it I felt like someone was punching me in the balls repeatedly and couldn't do anything about it. When you wake up it feels like the room is filled with evil spirits all pressing against you and you can't breath because the air is too thick. It's some scary shit for sure.
>>
Yes as a side effect of taking many different psychiatric medications. It's a little nerve-wracking at first but I enjoy it now. Occasionally I'll have hallucinations.
>>
>>684404006
Same anon. It happens very sporadically. Perhaps two or three times a year.
>>
Or maybe its a demon trying to scare the shit outta you
>>
Anybody have tips for waking yourself up? My go to thing is to use all of my brain power to touch my palm and that usually does it
>>
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3317522/

The nightmare
>>
>>684403220
It depends, most of the time what happens is the dream gets really weird, and then I start to lose my vision / gets bluirry. Then it starts to get mixed with reality, if i haven't woken up yet.
>>
I don't have it often, but it typically occurs when napping as opposed to normal sleep
>>
I wonder what basic fears everybody has to make it so that the hallucinations are so similar
>>
Can it happen like once and then never again?

I remember this one time I was having trouble sleeping, back when I still believed in god n shit a bit, I tried praying then felt like I was legit paralyzed, thought it was some satan shit taking me.

Never looked back into it to try and explain it, sure was weird though.
>>
>>684404419
Here is the trick. *dont try to wake yourself up. don't attempt to move* you will quickly go back to sleep. Don't try to move cuz it ain't gonna happen.Just relax
>>
>>684402298
I have it frequently too. One summer I would get it several times in one night. Sleeping on your side helps, or a sound source/TV playing. If you want to get silly look into how you can have an out of body experience while in SP. I did it once and I don't believe in any spirit world bullshit. It was just some other dream-like state. But it was interesting. I stopped trying it after I saw a shadow person.
>>
>>684404761
Yes it is likely most people experience it at least once and never again. Just an anomaly.
>>
>>684404985
Is there a guide for that somewhere?
>>
>>684404419
focus on wiggling fingers and toes is what does it for me. and occasionally i can squeeze a noise out of my throat which will normally wake me up as well.
>>
>>684405314
This was many years ago, I found it while googling late one night. Some site talking about astral planes, umbilical cords to your physical/astral bodies, hippie shit. But it said you can do stuff like tie a string to your ceiling and have it come to be a little above your head so you can grab it without looking. It's symbolic and is supposed to help you pull yourself out of your body. I did it by twisting out. You can't think of it like moving any sort of muscles, you're only moving the position of your minds eye. Your body stays put so you don't necessarily fight the SP. I'm sure I'm explaining it poorly.
>>
I've had it all the time.
Used to hate shadow people until one lead me on a tour of the universe.
>>
>>684406045
So like try to move my consciousness?
>>
>>684402298
Has happened to me twice, though the only scary part about it was the fact that i couldnt move. Didn't get attached by demons or shit like that
>>
>>684406281
Expand on this please
>>
>>684402298
I have it occasionally. But usually when I feel like I'm wide awake.

Usually, it'll be something in the room that I think is a person. My heart rate will go through the roof and I will concentrate my energy on not moving at all. This will last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so.

The last time this happened to me was a few months ago. I have sort of a sitting nook in my bedroom with a couch. I woke up and for some reason believed that someone was laying on the couch watching me (there's a few blankets on the couch). I couldn't move for what seemed like hours, but was really only about 15 minutes.
>>
>>684406281
What if the shadow people are real and the fact that they come to us while we're asleep is some cultural misunderstanding
And what if they're not actually intending to be scary, that's just how they look and they think that's normal
>>
>>684406488
Yeah something like that. It's like while you're in sleep paralysis if you imagine what it would look like if you just gently flew away from your body like a free cam in a video game, then you'll do it. You can't think about actually moving your body.
>>
>>684406661
Which part?
Them coming all the time, or the tour?

>>684406815
Eh, kinda. If they are a form of consciousness- they don't adhere to 3rd dimensional laws; and their energy source most likely is emotion, aka high frequency conscious energy.
>>
>>684402298
Sleep paralysis is a curse but a bless at the same time. The first times I remember how it started was that I woke up with my face on my pillow. Couldn't move or breathe, but at the last second of what seems suffocating I woke up. Things got intenser later and I started seeing the shadow people etc.. Looked up what sleep paralysis is and found an explanation about how your eyes are still open but the brain is in sleep modus making dream hormones which let you see things. From then on, I don't get scared when I see this satanic stuff but really enjoy the free druggy visuals my brain is giving me. Sometimes I hear like these demon voices yelling latin in my ear, or some satanic goat head appears. Doesn't get me scared because I know the explanation behind it, I just start laughing at this 'satan' like creation and then it disappears. Best experience was when I was high and drunk bed and my head was spinning, suddenly I hear chains being attached to the back of my head and the 'demon' started spinning me. I saw the room turning around me in the speed of helicopter propellors. It was like a free attraction ride but a lot more intense, really enjoyed that. Sometimes I see myself sleeping like my eyes are taped on the wall, tried to get farther away and go on a trip in the universe but didn't succeed in that yet. I really enjoy having these things, it's free d rugs m8
>>
>>684406815
Yeah, maybe they come from an alternate dimension and either feed off your emotions or harvest emotional energy which they transmute into electrical energy to power their world
>>
>>684407598
That's some Hellraiser shit man god damn
>>
>>684407598
I have more stories if anyone is interested, really strange stuff, involves sexual things
>>
>>684408091
Go for it
>>
>>684405413
the key is to not directly think about moving your fingers, while trying to move your fingers.
>>
Sleep paralysis is fun once you realize what is happening. Most common hallucinations are seeing an old woman, a small girl or a tall being at the foot of your bed yelling hardcore demon tongue at you. You don't actually see them head on but you see them in your peripheral vision. I have more to say about this. I often make myself stay in sleep paralysis no matter how fucking scary it seems.
>>
>>684402298
Checking in. Side effect of my anxiety meds. It's like being awake while yoi're dreaming, so I end up seeing/hearing shit too. Really fucking disconcerting.
>>
>>684402298
This is natural and everyone experiences this at some point. Your body releases a chemical that induces paralysis while you sleep - this is to ensure you don't move around while unconscious and injury yourself. On occasion, your body will release this chemical and some external factor will then wake you, result in paralysis while conscious.
>>
>>684404419
I just try and move my foot, often I'll fucking catapult sideways when my body becomes paralysed because I'm straining so much to move. Good times.
>>
I had it happen the first time a year or two ago. I experience it every few months usually. I don't hallucinate, but I may as well because I usually go in and out of dreams while it's happening, so I can't really understand what was real and what wasn't. First time I experienced inexperienced it I think I had a nightmare that it was happening, then woke up and it was actually happening.
>>
>>684408375
Alright, usually I see the things most people see in the sleep paralysis state; shadow people, demons, satanic goat heads, the witch that presses with all hear weight on my chest etc.. But this doesn't get me scared anymore. So my brain was like fuck you and started spawning other hallucinations that do get me scared / let me cringe a lot when I wake up. I was once in a club and got groped by a little asian dude (or female couldn't tell difference) and pushed that midget away almost hit the little motherfucker aswell. I felt his hands all over my back and stomach in like 4 seconds in the club. From then on, I sometimes feel falling asleep and entering the SP stage. I heard like asians talking in my rooms and suddenly felt like 100 tiny asian hands groping ALL over my body, and jerking me off.. I came in like 10 seconds and felt a icy cold finger in my anus aswell which was really weird. I woke up sweating and shit and was really disgusted by it (not proud that I came).
>mfw tiny asian that rape me get me more scared than satanic goat heads yelling latin shit in my ear..
>>
>>684407598
This. I have experienced the helicopter feeling. Like the earth or room was spinning Around my head. My head was pressed against the floor and I was hearing the walls and floor make melodies
>>
>>684409005
Exactly, being drunk and high at the sime time really made it fun. Best trip so far.
>>
>>684408990
That's interesting, so things conjured up by your brain can have an effect on your body
>>
Happened to me once not too long ago, maybe a couple months. Before, I was skeptical, heard lots of stories but had doubts. Religious fag here. I was drinking a bit the night before, haven't been sleeping well, was hoping alcohol would help. Also had a migraine (which supposedly contributes to SP). Had nightmare in which real fears of mine were fucking with me and stressing me out. Came to a point of consciousness in my dream where I realized something, some seemingly demonic force, was trying to fuck with me. Shouted out (in my dream I guess), "Come at me Satan you bitch!!" At that moment it started. Some presence came over me and sat on my chest. It breathed heavily and wetly into my face. I still vividly remember the loud snorting of the demon in my face, holding me down, daring me to do anything to stop it. I could barely gasp out anything. I barely managed to think "Jesus protect me" and i woke up asking my wife (who was sleeping next to me) if I had been yelling or struggling. She said no, she hadn't noticed. Needless to say, I was shaken up. Now I know how real SP can be. I'm not afraid of it though...
>>
>>684402298
I don't have this but have a friend who does.
Whenever he talks about it he says hes sees a black/shadow man.
Do you see this man op ?
Always gives me chills when he talks about it
>>
>>684404419

When you realise it's sleep paralysis, it pretty much stops straight away for me.

When I had it the first time, I was terrified, shitting bricks and what have you. Second night I somehow managed to roll myself to the side while it was happening and it stopped.

Third night it happened I knew what it was and the second I thought to myself: "Oh for fuck's sake..." - bam! all my senses were back and no more evil presence.
>>
>>684409384
Yes, it's like entering a new dimension. You don't really see them, but you sense them in another way. It also seems that your brain or subconscious is adapting itself to get you scared if other things don't work. I'm happy that I could look up what sleep paralysis is all about. No wonder that people believed in demons and shit, people from the past that experienced this couldn't look this up and would believe they're possessed. You can also find a lot of cultural similarities due that people had SP's (Arabians explained it with djinns, we called it demons or witches etc..)
>>
>>684409671
>"Come at me Satan you bitch!!"
haha I yell the same things to these demon fuckers, didn't get raped tho they just seem mad that I don't get scared and piss off.
>>
>>684409790
I see a shadow man standing at the foot of or beside my bed occasionally
It's stopped being scary and now it's more of like a "oh great, this shit again" type thing. I hope it just stays the shadow man though, some people have described seeing some twisted stuff
>>
>>684402298
The last time I experienced it, it felt like someone was violently shaking me and screaming in my face. The shaking intensified until I felt like I was vibrating, and the screaming intensified until it was deafening. Then there was complete silence, and I was in control of myself again. Shit was cool.
>>
>>684408573

The "demon" in my episode was a ghostly version of myself and it got right in my face and shrieked like a banshee.
>>
>>684409790
>>684410142
Lot's of people see the same kind of primal fears; shadow man, a witch suffocating you, demons pushing lot's of weight on your body etc.. The trick is to know that you're in a SP mode and just enjoy it or laugh at these creations of your brain. But watch out, because once you get too common with the primal fears, it starts developing new kind of hallucinations/inner fears that rape you etc..
>>
Sleep paralysis hasn't hit me as hard as all you guys, I just mainly experience a strong presence of someoright next to me. I always end up trying to hit them and end up moving my leg or arm one inch. Shit sucks yo, but its also kinda the highlight of the sleep, other than the lucid dreaming
>>
>>684410142
I don't believe in spirits and what not but its a bit strange how you all have the same basic black/shadow people

have there been any studies done if so can any one point me in right direction
>>
I met Lucifer once while lucid dreaming then another time saw some crazy shit happening up my walls and another time just heard shit in my kitchen and couldn't move.
>>
>>684404419
I count down from 3 and try to sit up as fast as possible. Usually works for me.
>>
>>684410651
I've searched about it but nobody could give a real solid answer. I think it has to do with inner/primal fears that all humans kinda have. I think that our subconscious is somewhat similar about the image of supernatural or demon-like stuff.
>>
>>684409991
I overcame because of my faith. I'm not scared because of my faith. But I don't know, maybe demons and the supernatural are a bunch of shit. All I know is that my faith helped me to cope. It certainly seemed real, though I believe that reality can only be perceived through the mind (noumenal vs. phenomenal and all that jazz thank you Kant) so what the mind creates might as well be reality. In this, way, demons do exist as far as I'm concerned...
>>
Does anybody else have a ringing in their ears
>>
Only ever experienced it once. Basically felt someone or something nearby. Then this demon like creature slowly came towards me. As it got closer I tried to moves my arms to push it away but realized I couldn't move. It pretty much got nose to nose with me just staring into my eyes, never made a sound. After about 30 seconds of desperately trying to move my arms, they went flying up and it was gone. Tripped me the fuck out cause I didn't know about sleep paralysis at the time.
>>
If his ever happens to you, there is a simple solution. Just focus on your breathing and hold your breath. It'll wake you up every fucking time.
>>
>>684411344
nigger that's tinnitus. totally different problem, but it can mess up your balance
>>
>>684411322
Atheist (ognoscist) here, for me it's science that helps me cope with this situation. When you have read the explanation about the different stages of sleep and the hormones that your brain is making, I realised that it's just my brain trying to fuck with me. Good for you that religion helps you cope with it, not judging you. And yes, your explanation about reality could be somewhat "logic", because as a human in the universe. Time, space, things we see and know are all illusions made by humans to try and get some sense into things. why would a dream or hallucination be less real then your daily life is the question.
>>
>>684411344
More like vibration. When people experience the demon or shadow on your chest feels like demon or said shadow man is shaking me by the collar and shouting his to teir demon smack in my face while I lay there helpless with fear growing from a 1 to is this real?
>>
>>684411987
Okay, fair enough. You put your faith in science. Whatever helps you sleep better ;)
>>
>>684409222
It was a crazy feeling an the first time I heard music in my dreams. When I pushed my head against the walls with more pressure the melodies changed frequencies. It was like everything had a song. A beautiful fucking sound.
>>
>>684412981
Kant is cool, a difficult read though
>>
>>684410651
Lots of different views on it. Do the research. But mostly seeing a tall figure, a witch or a little girl.
>>
>>684404735
TERRORISM
>>
>>684413296
Christian existentialism is where its at doe
>>
Hope I never have this shit..
>>
>>684414755
I hope you don't either, anyways peace out. I'm going to bed
>>
Holy fuck I experienced this fkr the first time a few days ago. I didn't really see anything, only a rustling of leaves getting louder and louder on my left ear. I kinda fell back asleep after two minutes of just moving my toe.
>>
>>684402298
I used to.
I got the demon entering room and breathing over me and leaving thing, I had the 8 foot tall all white alien thing over bed, I had the voices. It was very frequent, too.

That time in my life was extremely stressful, I had bad anxiety, and I'll bet I had chronic sleep deprivation.

Went away when my life levelled out.
>>
>>684410651

It's a manifestation of the imagination.

Though history it has been reported but the entities seen changed by time period and culture.

Basically you'll see your cultures 'monsters'.

It was once called old hag syndrome because it was frequently witches entering the room and sitting on people's chests.

The religious, or those exposed to its culture see demons, and now over the last half century aliens have been popping up.
>>
>>684411007
Check me>>684416411
>>
>>684402873
What makes you think it doesnt exist and why you get so mad? Why would ppl even lie about this? I had it myself when I was 18. It exists.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.