[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Old people give pro life tips to the youth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 13
File: 1432288712902.jpg (57 KB, 560x441) Image search: [Google]
1432288712902.jpg
57 KB, 560x441
ITT: Old people give pro life tips to the youth
>>
But, I'm not pro-life, I'm pro-choice.
>>
I am pro-choice. As long as that choice is vacuuming that sucker out.
>>
with age, all the things that are bothering you, enraging you, give you anxiety and make you feel uncomfortable , will go away.
>>
>>679491421
Figures
>>
Do not watch anime.
Get off 4chan
Don't be a faggot.
>>
Don't get sucked into certain imageboard political philosophies just because that's all you've been reading.
>>
File: ar.jpg (23 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
ar.jpg
23 KB, 500x312
protect your credit rating - you'll suffer in your upper 30's and 40's for stupid shit you did in your 20's. Pay the minimum even if you are getting fucked on interest - just don't forget to pay.

network well in your first jobs and you'll never have to search for a job again as co workers will move on and recommend you to come with

have fun in your twenties but moderate. no, you can't party all the god damn time. you'll end up a broke, drunk piece of shit in your 30's and pathetic in your 40's - if not dead

don't get married until you are at LEAST in your late 20's

have moderately stable finances and be married at least 2 years before thinking about kids

realize that some of your "best" friends are losers and dump them or they will drag you down with them
>>
Honestly, have sex every chance you can.

Could have banged multiple girls I dated but I'll be honest I was a pussy. It's really no big deal once you do it so just get it over with and have fun. Also, STDs are a myth designed to scare black ppl into not having unprocted sex.
>>
>>679491595
This
>>
That girl you like is not the love of your life. Just ask her out. If you fuck it up, at least you got practice. It you don't fuck it up, you get even more practice. If you do nothing, all you will get is regret.
>>
>>679491776
That last part speaks to me
>>
File: 138119478561.jpg (85 KB, 587x551) Image search: [Google]
138119478561.jpg
85 KB, 587x551
Dont smoke crack or meth, its too good.
Dont get married until you are at least 30.
Buy a gun and be responsible with it.
Dont drive like a dick.
As far as women: Remember, no matter how good she looks, some one somewhere is sick of her shit!
>>
>>679491128
Wear sunscreen
>>
Don't get married. If you have to then live with them for at least 2 years.

Don't move in with ur gf unless you always have an exit plan and money saved up.

Be overly friendly to everyone. Even if you suck at whatever you're doing noone will care if they like you, and getting promoted is 10x easier.

If you cum too fast just keep fucking, you'll get it back up in a couple mins and instead of a chump you can easily last as long as you need to.

Go to college full time 1 semester a year and take one or two classes the second semester, you qualify as a full time student on your taxes and if you have loans they won't be due until you stop taking classes.

Never get a liberal arts degree or business management degree, and don't get a degree that you'll have to go 4+ hours away from to find a job for starting out.

Not old but 25
>>
>>679491421
Bull fucking shit
>>
>>679492402
Damn, youre right
>>
>>679491776
Any tips for work? I've got 0 ambition man
>>
Start saving money right now. It doesnt matter the amount just save some.
>>
>>679492603
Do you really? Or is this an excuse to be lazy?
>>
>>679492301
Both are okay to try. I've tried both and didn't like them, too intense for me.

Also, if you're ever convicted of something, even minor, get a lawyer. Even then, follow up on everything. Just because the court orders something doesn't mean a clerk never makes mistakes. If I ever need to get security clearance or join the military I have to reopen a case from 6+ years ago BC of a clerk error.
>>
>>679492749
Fuck
>>
>>679491128
33 yo reporting.

Being leftist is retarded. You'll get it one day.
>>
Go easy on your body when you're young. You may feel invincible, but once your knees start to go, life goes downhill fast.
>>
>>679492408
>then live with them for at least 2 years

Check local laws before doing this. In some countries once you live with someone for a year you can be screwed by just moving out.
>>
LIFE DOESN'T GET BETTER

WE ARE TRAPPED HERE

HAPPINESS IS JUST IN YOUR HEAD

MURPHY'S LAW TRUMPS ALL OTHERS
>>
>>679491776
hey dad
>>
>>679491128

never ever confess to a girl that you love her or "tell her how you feel".
If you're gonna tell her anything just go "I like you. Wanna go for a coffee/drink sometime?" Or if you've already gotten to know eachother a bit just tell her "come here" and kiss her. If she's all confused or pushes you away or something just say you misread the signs. Play it off and move on.

32 here, not sure if it counts as old.
>>
>>679491128
>being old
>using 4chan
Why should I take advice from someone who hit rock bottom and who uses a site created for teenager weebs?

If you're 25+ and on 4chan kill yourself, I don't want any fucking life advice from you.
>>
>>679493243

lol you are aware that some of the most successful people lurk but just don't post with fucking timestamps cause they know they'd be fucked?
fucking kid
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Don't take out debt. Don't borrow money. You don't need credit.
>>
>>679493243
Because advise from retard 12 year olds is so much better.
>>
+1

Same money doesn't matter how much. Just keep at it.

Don't get a credit card until your 25.

Credit moves the fucking world. Don't fuck it up if you ever want to be successful.
>>
>>679491558
Actual good tips
>>
>>679491128
Well if youre 30 and still on this fucking image board

I dont think i want any life tips from you
>>
>>679493499
if you're so successful why do you hang out on a website full of 14 year old weebs?
you're like one of those guys in their late 20's who still has ear stretchers and hangs out with teenagers in the park
>>
>>679493727
see
>>679493499
>>
>>679493747
Some funny shit happens here
Its a good time waster
>>
>>679493499
No no

You must be fucked in some kind of way to enjoy this
>>
>>679493525
No, advice from actual successful people not randomers on 4chan is better.
>>
>>679492301
>As far as women: Remember, no matter how good she looks, some one somewhere is sick of her shit!
I like you, chuckled but true
>>
File: 1460402081193.gif (399 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
1460402081193.gif
399 KB, 400x270
>>679491128
If you have a fuckable friend that's also a weeaboo do NEVER insult what she likes, japanese shit, anime and stuff she won't speak to you ever and you'll lose your chances with her.
>>
>>679493867
This. Exactly the reason I come here and I'm in my sixties.
>>
>>679493747

i never said I was successful, just that there are people who are.
Yea, i could be like those guys in the park or i could just be your nice bigger brother trying to give you some advice. While we both check out the same chicks who are now just a bit too young for me.
>>
>>679491128

smoking is the biggest waste of money. quit it.
>>
>>679493998
So what are you doing on here? Dont you want to be successful?
>>
question for oldfags:
when i graduate i can't decide where i should go. i want to move somewhere new and exciting but i'm worried i'm not gonna be able to make any friends, so its tempting to just stay in one of the cities that i know. what do?
>>
>>679491128

38 year old here.

don't overthink everything & stop fucking whining. nobody cares / thinks about you nearly as much as you think they do. People are more wrapped up in themselves to give a shit about others. Just make yourself happy.
>>
>>679494193
Its easy to make friends man. Dont let that stop you from seeing the world. Youll meet plenty of people with similar interests. Here is something i suggest to high school grads when i talk to them, dont go straight to college. Join the americorp or volunteer for a year, take a break
>>
>>679491595
lol well fuck me
>>
>>679493998
Fair enough. Then why are you not out hanging with successful people?
>>
>>679493998

>successful

i just have to remind people in this thread that money, fame and power isn't equivalent of successful.
To some people having a family means success, to others working with what they really love. If you manage at least an average income you shouldn't really bother with anything but your personal interests.
>>
>>679491128
Stay in the school.
>>
>>679494500
i mean graduate college
i'm not american either

i mean i know i can make friends anywhere, but like, at uni i have a lot less fun because my friends aren't as tight as they are back home. Theres no point in seeing the world if i have no one to share the stories with youknow?
>>
>>679491558
Why not watch anime?
>>
>>679494831

don't go to college.
>>
File: manup.gif (649 KB, 300x327) Image search: [Google]
manup.gif
649 KB, 300x327
>>679491128
Get an internship in your field before graduating from college.

Also, get a useful degree in a field that pays.

Learn from my mistakes, anons...

I had a useless internship as an undergrad and graduated with a useless degree, then surprisingly couldn't find a job. Being unemployed sucks. Went back to school for a technical degree, got a good paying internship, was hired on full-time. Now I just have to deal with 8 years worth of higher ed debt, but that's a lot easier now that I'm raking in big money.
>>
>>679494906

you don't have to share the stories right now. the most horrible experiences are the best stories afterwards. Except real horrible shit like losing friends in accidents or such stuff. You get my point. Life is about having as many interesting stories to tell as possible. As long as you don't die you'll be fine.
>>
>>679494965
College is fun, you get to learn and meet people, possibly even get a well paying job out of it. For a lot of people college years are the best years of life.
>>
>>679493499
Can confirm. I'm Christopher Wallace.
>>
>>679491128
27 year old here, advising you that old people know fuck all about the world, just like young people, deal with it
>>
>>679491776
>network well in your first jobs and you'll never have to search for a job again as co workers will move on and recommend you to come with
never though of that. thanks anon
>>
File: 1236692753355.jpg (55 KB, 583x480) Image search: [Google]
1236692753355.jpg
55 KB, 583x480
41 y/o

Dont take life so serious! Just dont!
>>
>>679495395
Because experience counts for nothing.
>>
>>679495096
yeah thats the way i see things too, i'm kinda worried i'm too good at avoiding bad stuff happening to me, like i've never been arrested, i've never been in a bar fight, those are the best stories
>>
>>679495157
There's a time and place for everything, and that's college.
>>
>>679491128
stop browsing /b/
>>
>>679495666
Nice trips.

Live long enough and have enough kids and you can tell your grandchildren whatever shit you want about barfights and arrests that never happened.
>>
>>679495261
I'm Christopher Poole.
>>
If you go on /b/ for more than an hour a day then your gonna have a bad time
>>
If you are the smartest person in the room you are in the wrong room.
>>
>>679495880
who?
>>
>>679494938
it is for children
>>
>>679493525
>be walking down street
>stranger gives you $20, wishes you well
>"Hah! I don't need this, there's people way richer than you!"
>>
>>679494493
25yo

Kind of a follow up but a few things I've learned is that no one has all the answers, you have to find them out as you go along. It's not like school where the teachers always right, no one is 100% right in life and you have to use your experience and judgement and trust yourself. If you make mistakes, learn from them. If you make good decisions, learn from them. You'd be surprised at the shit you can do
>>
>>679494193
You will be MUCH happier living in a city you enjoy. You'll be amazed at all the things you missed out on.
If you're conservative, live and work in a conservative area. If you're liberal, wise up or kys.

P.S. generally speaking, I wish I'd spent far less time and money on drugs and booze. I wish I would have bought a decent bike and gotten into riding and working out a lot earlier in life.
If you're masculine and in god shape, you can easily pull 20 year old ass into your 40's or 50's. Women want a strong, manly man, not a faggy pajama boy beta.
>>
>>679495157

Oh I had a blast in College, but now it is too expensive & puts you in debt. Plus 4 years of lost wages...
>>
>>679496017
I like this. Been slowly ditching my friend group of six years for this reason, guys I went through high school with
>>
If you hate college, don't slog through it. If you actually enjoy your field of study then yeah, keep going, but if you're doing it just for money/parental approval/don't know what you want to do, then don't waste your money. You're probably going to drop out after bombing a semester, enter a deep depression and become a robot.

Get a job and work while figuring out what you want to do with your life, join the military (four years of service isn't that bad with all the benefits you get once you're out), or take up a trade.

Shitting on trades is the dumbest shit high school teachers and administrators do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an electrician, carpenter, working in HVAC, plumbing etc etc... They like to equate it to working an entry level construction job, like something only fuck ups and mexicans do, but a real trade is pretty far removed for entry level construction work. You aren't breaking your back for 10 bucks an hour, you can make fucking bank as an electrician doing home inspections or making an after hours emergency call to someones house and charging them like 10x the normal rate to move a few wires around. My previous landlord got charged like $800 to send a plumber to my house when the pipes burst on a weekend. The dude worked for like 40 minutes and made $800 bucks. Go find me another job that has that ridiculously big of a work to money ratio.

If I wasn't a fuck up, I would have joined the military earlier than I did, or started a trade school when I dropped out of high school instead of wasting money trying to go to community colleges I didn't really want to go to. I hit rock bottom and joined the Navy when I was 24, now I am out, getting paid to go to school for a degree I actually really enjoy. I do carpentry on the side and I love it, its rewarding building things with your hand and working a job with some labor involved instead of sitting behind a computer all day getting bitched at by pajeets and fat women.
>>
>>679494906
Don't be a pussy.
Your ancestors sailed vast, unknown oceans, navigated by the stars and eventually even landed on the moon.

Go be epic!
>>
>>679494975
Underrated, yet solid post.
>>
>>679491128

Eat right. Get enough sleep. Don't judge others. Be kind. Try psychedelics. Go to a rave. Never turn down an offer to do something. Stay Zen.
>>
>>679496749
Cringe
>>
>>679496809

Yawn. So tell me how being a dick is working for you?
>>
>>679496567
Well I'm already almost 2 years into a degree I couldn't really give a fuck about although it will make me bank. What now?
>>
>>679496749
Sounds like a mid 20's 'philosopher'
>>
>>679492749
>>679492879
i loled
>>
>>679492408
>Dont get a MBA.
>This fucking dumb.
>>
>>679496422
can confirm. i work out 5 days a week. 41, divorced, currently fucking a 22 year old. its glorious my /b/rothers
>>
>>679496942
> implying being "zen " means not being a dick

you know anon , not being a piece of shit means you're a normal human , not "zen " .

Sorry for coming out as a faggot with the cringe reply, cheers.
>>
>>679493243
I actually entertain myself with 4chan.
>>
>>679492891
>Being this old
>Still going on /pol/

Hows working for the Trump campaign in your state going?
>>
Only help others after you have helped yourself. You can't save everyone. If you run yourself ragged on people who won't even try to make things better on their own you will just let down the people who matter. Unless you have kids there is nothing stopping you from leaving where you are.
>>
You don't have to be perfect to feel good about yourself and your life doesn't have to be perfect to feel good about it.
>>
File: banksy.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
banksy.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>679491128
Look after your back and knees.

Just fuck her. nobody cares how good a shag you were in your 60s.
>>
>>679497053
I was going to say the same. Dude prob just did psyches for the first time and thought it changed his life. Hint to all pyche heads: the drugs dont give you those thoughts, youve had them all along
>>
>>679495395
Pro tip in life:
people in their 20's DON'T KNOW JACK SHIT!
>>
Don't listen to old people. We ruined the world and you will too if you follow our advice.
>>
Stop giving a shit now, about anything and everything, no exceptions, and save yourself many years of wasted time learning that lesson. The wisdom of old people is mostly not because they are old, it's because they simply don't give a fuck, and that attitude makes their decisions more objective.
>>
>>679495758
THIS RULE IS IMPORTANT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A LIFE LONG PEDO NECK-BEARD.
>>
>>679497489
reddit cancer please go
>>
>>679498122
Protip dumbass.

Old people are lost as fuck
>>
>>679494110
>also a weeaboo
>also
Get ur shit together
>>
24 year old with income of $133,000 here.

Don't fall for the credit trap - if you don't have cash you can't afford it. Save and invest your money. Don't bother going to school for 20 years - just get a trade or skill and maybe an associates or a bachelors and you are good to go. School only makes you marketable to an extent - real life work experience trumps all.
>>
Start investing money early, stock market and saving accounts with interest rates. Build your passive income early.
>>
In all seriousness... Art of Manliness has a good article- 9 Things a Grown Man Can Learn from the Hardy Boys.

Check it out.
>>
> stop giving a shit

How ?
I'm always concerned about the way i look , about stuff that happens, over-think everything ...

How do i stop ?
>>
>>679498502
Meant for
>>679498155
>>
>>679498502
When the thought pops in your head, just ignore it. Also for all the children, young and old alike, for fucks sake learn to take criticism. This is my biggest pet peeve, if someone tries to correct you, dont cry or get pissy, dont get upset, just take it and learn from it. Even if it is wrong, look at it from their perspective.
>>
In your 20s should you travel and go experience the world with little money, or should you work hard, earn money and save for a better life?
>>
>>679498502
nihilism
>>
>>679498890
Depends what you want in life.
>>
>>679497044
If you're getting buried in debt doing it, get out while you still can. You can always go back when you're in a better situation to pay for it if you can find something decent in the mean time.

If you're not getting buried in debt, might as well finish it. You don't HAVE to love your job, that's pretty unrealistic for the majority of the population. I want to be a musician and a writer, except I know I am not amazing at either and couldn't make a living off of them. It would be awesome to hang out, jerk off on /b/, play video games and get paid for it, that would be a fucking amazing career, but I will never get paid to do that either.

You should tolerate your job and not absolutely dread every single second you're at work, but you're probably not going to LOVE it. If you can tolerate the line of work you're going into and can fill your life with things you want to do outside of it, then you'll live a happy life. If you're working 60 hours a week and your life is nothing but your job and it isn't something you absolutely love, then you're living a pretty shitty life, even if you're bringing in $500,000 a year.

"Money ain't everything but not having it is" - Kanye West. This is true, but when your entire life revolves around work and making more money, you're living a pretty empty life. Whats the point of just making more and more money when you have no time to do anything you actually enjoy, don't spend any time with your family, never go on vacations etc etc...?
>>
>>679498773
Pretty hard to accomplish, also after reading
>>679498406

Not even sure if i should go to med school and pursue a career as a neurologist.
>>
>>679491128
42 yo here
Turn off your computer (and that includes not browsing /b/ anymore)
Talk to girls, smile, learn how to tolerate stupidity, lift, stop playing video games, stay in school.
Extra points for: learning how to dance, practicing something artistic, practicing something that you are passionate about (watching porn doesn't count).
Don't worry, be happy.
>>
>>679499009
both ideally, the question is which one should i do first?
>>
>>679498502
Maybe go out and be an idiot on purpose until you stop caring? Not a perfect solution, but it will work if you're willing. People care a lot less about how you dress and act than you do, and if they do care, they aren't even worth your time,
>>
>>679499165
Hard to accomplish pushing those thoughts out of your head? No it isnt. Nobody cares what you look like, it wont haunt you forever, everybody else is worried about their own shit
>>
>>679499225
Id travel first, but dont get hooked on it
>>
61 year old here. Steal as much shit as you can before 18, spend as much as you can before 25 and have fun. Once you settle down life ends
>>
>>679499200
Oh, and I forgot:
READ.
Everything and anything. Read a lot.

Also, checkem.
>>
>>679499009
Is travelling a waste of time? I'm graduating Uni this year and becoming immediately unemployed
>>
>>679491776
Check out Ned Flanders over here
>>
>>679498307
LMAO, little shit- you have the luxury of living in a world that others built for you.
Don't be such an ignorant little cunt.

You modern little faggots can't even drive a standard transmission, change a tire, saw a board or do anything that doesn't involve your ghey little phones.

If you ever get a girlfriend, she'll still be fantasizing about me.
>>
>>679499165
if you reckon you can do it, do it, being a doctor means you can do anything from scientific research to working in the jungles of oingo boingo land. but you should have a backup plan in case you fail

even if you do cock it up you'll probably learn a lot from the experience
>>
>>679499690
It can be. I travelled some, wanted to do more but didnt have the funds. Find a way to have some one pay for you to travel, look into volunteering for your government to do shit
>>
>>679498443
da fuq?? savings account interest??
you're LUCKY to 3% interest,and inflation alone is 3.5%- you LOSE money in a saving account.

Dumb fuck.
At least get a money markt type account.
>>
>>679492891
this
>>
File: YouNow_evelyne92.webm (2 MB, 544x368) Image search: [Google]
YouNow_evelyne92.webm
2 MB, 544x368
You will grow old and become undesirable. It happens sooner than you think. Stop being a picky faggot and date a 6/10 chubby slut. #YOLO
>>
>>679491204
I'm for mandatory abortions.
>>
>>679494128
Pic of hands pls
>>
Get into Christianity and make getting into heaven the top of your life goals. My life changed when I decided to put the spotlight on the issue of if I was going to get into heaven if I died. It is a very transforming experience because once you begin to prioritize and focus on this issue it haunts you every single day. You always feel like you're going to be thrown into a burning fire for eternity every single day you don't follow these rules and choose to make heaven a priority. The only thing that begins to calm you down is to actually convert to Christianity and study getting into heaven harder than you ever have for any college major or anything in your life. Because your afterlife is on the line.

It makes more sense to prioritize this than to take a chance and assume there isn't a heaven or hell. And to be honest my life has gotten a lot better after I started taking even a few pages of wisdom of the bible in my life.

I end this by saying I am extremely convinced of this religion because I experienced extremely convincing super natural events in my life. I have seen actual detailed spirits with super natural lighting emitting from them a few feet from my face. Not balls of light or anything . The real deal. Fully detailed unmistakable ghosts. This was in the middle of the day so no sleep paralysis. Nothing explains them.

I think this website is extremely dangerous for your spiritual health. It promotes lust. It promotes people to fight each other in posts instead of loving each other. Violence is promoted here in gore threads and shock images. Etc. Anybody that really cares about getting into the kingdom of heaven would be wise to stay far away from all this stuff and leave this site for good.
>>
>>679499369
>>679499391
I will do that , thanks anons.

>>679499874
I'm in a really special situation, to actually try I'll need to take extensive classes of chemistry, biology, and physics which i didn't study at all , this would take around 3 years, later I'd have to study for another 8~ 12 years.

Backup plan is something to do with languages, already fluent in Russian , Hebrew , and French, might take Chinese lessons later , not 100% sure.
>>
>>679498890
I've seen this a lot.
20 something guys that can make money at golf/sporting clays/skeet etc, and bum around te country, living off their winnings and having a blast. Then there are teh broke down 50 year olds, wishing they had as much fun as the 20 somethings...

Look up Allister Humphries- he's ridden a bike around the world, and walked across India, all before he was 24.
>>
When you're old, everything you do is creepy.

This is why adults act the way they do.
>>
>>679499775
This. Young millennial faggots are utterly lost without their magic conveniences. Can't use tools, repair machines, troubleshoot their own devices, cook, slaughter an animal, build a shed, lay pipe, roof a house, till a field, or a thousand other things that were common knowledge and useful chores to generations before them.

But because they're handed high grades and know how to manipulate touch based user interfaces (invented by people much older than them), they think they're brilliant.
>>
>>679500374
if you wanted to go to med school why did you not take any science?
>>
File: 1460605126589.jpg (329 KB, 785x544) Image search: [Google]
1460605126589.jpg
329 KB, 785x544
>>679497489
>Being a leftist on politically incorrect
Go back to your cuckshed of a website, Jared
>>
>>679500708
Only decided i want to try and become a neurologist around the time i finished high-school which i didn't take seriously at all anf regret.
>>
31 year old here

Don't overthink shit, just do it....it's the only way you'll learn.

Let her chase you
>>
>>679500960
are you at college now?
>>
>>679499200

God psot.

But don't worry about being "happy." That leads to being soft.
Get out there and DO something. Live life.

Learn a new skill, find a sport you like and be competitive, conquer obstacles.

Life isn't about being "happy" and having a lot of distractions.
Develop an iron will ( there's a free book by that title), accomplish your tasks in life and contribute something to humanity.
>>
Get into a good trade. Going to school is for suckers unless you're getting into medical, law or engineering. So if you're going for pretty much anything else it's mostly bullshit.

Don't stick your dick I'm crazy that bitch will ruin your life.

Work harder than the guys around you. Your boss will notice

Don't drink and drive. Evn if it was only a couple beers. I got my license taken and I only had 2 beers and I'm fucking 6 3 200lbs. Cab or bus is cheaper.

Git gud.
>>
>>679501193
Not yet , 19 yo.
>>
>>679499690
Can you use your degree to finance your travel?? Teach English to people??
>>
Save 5-10% of every pay check forever, learn to cook and limit paying someone else to cook for you, floss every night even if it's quick, only borrow money for things that will make you money -education, house, live below your means, don't burn bridges.
>>
>>679500277
I'm for a 10 year post natal warranty
>>
>>679492402
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Never mind, you won't appreciate the power and beauty of your youth until both have long since faded. But there will be a time when you look back and realize the endless opportunities that laid before you.
>>
>>679500393
Alot of those 20 year olds aren't exactly living the life, with tons of money to burn and just going around and having fun. Most of them don't really have that much money, but just live way below their means so they can go out and travel and have fun. They don't have expensive cars, cable subscriptions, a ton of nice clothes and shit like that.

And you know what? That's perfectly fine. You don't need tons of money to go have fun and do the things you want to do. If you are OK living on cheap, nutritious food, camping out, not having a billion electronic devices and shit like that, you can go travel the country, attend music festivals and have a fucking blast without being held down by a 40 hour a week job year round.

Go have fun when you're young. Work hard for a few months, build up a little nest egg then go and have a blast with some friends. Find a girl you love, settle down, start a family, get into a career you can tolerate and go from there.

The miserable people went to college, go out, started working and building up their career, go on some casual dates until they find a girl in a similar situtation, settle for each other, have kids because it's what people are supposed to do, be miserable, get a divorce, then the guy has a mid life crisis because he never did shit with his life, starts going to the gym all the time and bragging about banging 22 year olds to try and compensate for lost time. Then they're 45, living alone in an apartment, having the kids stay over every other weekend while painfully hiding their crippling booze addiction they picked up to hide how awful their life has become.

But still, they're fucking pulling in 22 year old tang bros.
>>
>>679500342
Shut up
>>
>>679501583
This was oddly specific, wanna talk about it champ?
>>
>>679501273
>law
Almost got me there
>>
Have at least one relationship with an older woman if you can anon.
Women are like the bus stop, there's always gonna be one every 15 minutes.
>>
>>679499775
When we were in 6th grade, we: used table saws, used oxy-acetylene torches, arc welders, meted aluminum and poured molten metal into molds we made, we soldered circuit boards and built radios.
And that was just 1 shop class before lunch.

SIXTH GRADE.

We also had an indoor rifle range that we used at the high school and shot rifles.
>>
>>679501357
i started college a year late too, i assume you're american, you'll probably have to work fucking hard to start with if you have no background in those subjects but everything that you need to know is in the library

full disclosure: i'm not an oldfag, but i am a PhD student so i know what its like to spend a long time in education. its not that bad, once you get to a high enough level i found that you can regain that childlike wonder you had about learning

even if you don't get into med school you'll have some seriously useful skills
>>
>>679491776
Thank you for taking this serious.
>>
>>679501973
I'm in a France actually so might be abit different, that's why i want to take Chinese, Arabic and some Scandinavian language as well , good to know languages and i can work everywhere ( almost)
>>
>>679500144
I want my minute back.
>>
>>679501583
Well written
>>
Stop putting the pussy on a pedestal. If your biggest problem in life is not getting laid, then you have much bigger problems you need to address. The guy who has his shit together and enjoys his life isn't trying to overcompensate with an amazing body, or looking up dating advice all the time, constantly browsing dating sites etc etc... They are just living their life and women come around naturally without them focusing their entire life on the pursuit of pussy.

Yeah, you can get laid by hot chicks being a try hard gym rat that sends a message to every single girl on tinder and OKcupid and having a few catch. Congrats, you got laid. Now what? Hows the rest of your life?

I dunno, the older I get the less that shit matters. From 16-28 yeah, pussy was on my mind and it was all about talking to chicks, getting laid, "that girls so hot dude", "how do I get laid more?", but it eventually lost it's appeal. Yeah, I got laid, it was great, but I needed more, like a relationship and to do the things I wanted to do in life. I think it would be a lonely and empty life to be the single 40 year old guy chasing 21 year old chicks, getting a fake tan and constantly working out, being so concerned over my self-image. A family is a very rewarding thing.
>>
She's always thinking about you, always.
>>
>>679496199
Some of them really aren't.
>>
>Exercise at least 30 minutes per day
>Never stop learning something, there's plenty of free ways to do this
>Control your anger
>Save some of every pay
>Live modestly
>>
>>679502283
thats also a very good idea, you sound like you'll do fine
>>
watch out when you take drugs, there is a high risk to take them for the wrong reason. alcohol destroied many lifes.
>>
>>679501727
Just telling the story of the 40 year old former-nerd-now-chad. It would be the story of my dad minus the gym and fucking 22 year old chicks.
>>
>>679502782
Thanks anon , appreciate it .
>>
>>679491595
a thousand times this
>>
>>679500050
Here you can get a tfsa account in which you can invest tax free with a max contribution of 8grand per year. It's a savings account.
>>
>>679491128

> start some form of business at a young age, don't slave away making some other asshole rich. Learn sales at some point in your life, there is no greater form of social power.

> For a good wife she needs to have the looks you want AND the personality. Dont settle for just one. This is the road to divorce.

> Dont have a kid unexpectedly. This kills the man.

> live somewhere that makes you happy

> making money is key to life enjoyment, but it's not life's biggest component. Your relationships with others are lifes biggest component

> exercise and eat right. The quality of your life and your sanity depend on it.
>>
>>679500277

Every woman should have one - you should see what it does to their soul if they had one prior...
>>
>>679491776

That last part speaks to me too.

I have one best friend who is a real selfish piece of shit. I keep asking myself, "why do I hang out with this guy?"
>>
>>679491421
Or they will get progressively worse and become crippling
>>
>>679493563
I gotta counter this one. You said credit moves the fucking world. Which means you need a credit score and decent one in order to get anywhere in life. So do get a credit card, but pay the fucker off, don't think of the credit as a loan. Everything you put on credit needs to be backed up with actual cash in your hand.

Had such a hard time getting a car loan when I was 24 with zero credit.
>>
>>679491800

So so true.

Fellas. Even if she aint a beauty queen, do not pass up available sex.

Just pull out or use a condom though. Dont trust the "I'm on BC" with a random ho. 3 of my friends are now dads because of that shit.
>>
>>679491128
Women are every bit as degenerate and stupid as men.
>>
>>679502500
If you're a guy in good shape, that isn't a beta faggot, and takes care of his business- woman will come to you.
Learn to be a good guy. As in - be good at being a man.
Have a belief system, have honor and loyalty. Don't stick your dick in the crazy.
And never put the pussy on a pedestal.
>>
File: 1380824515547.gif (904 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
1380824515547.gif
904 KB, 427x240
>>679502661
You know my friend said the same thing. He is 300 lbs, 24 years old, has a pony tail, katanas, and is a huge faggot. Don't watch anime.
>>
>>679502661
>>679503501
Oh and he is a virgin.
>>
>>679493518

How would you ever get a house then?
>>
>>679503036
Who the fuck is paying taxes on savings account income?

Just asking- what country are you in?
>>
>>679500342
Here. If anybody is convinced and would like to try Christianity I thought I should say something else here. Start with Matthew/Mark/Luke/John in the bible because it goes over the teachings of jesus. This covers alot of what to do to get into heaven

If you read 10 pages a day you can get through matthew/mark/luke/john in a week. That is a little more than 3 pages an hour. You do have to learn what these pages say though and prepare to do them in your life so its not as easy as reading over them casually.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/
https://www.biblegateway.com/

Great study tools for the bible

As far as getting motivated is concerned, just youtube some videos on ppls experiences who said they went to hell and meditate on how scary it will be if you die before qualifying to get into heaven. Finding positive improvement in your life from following the wisdom in the bible also really helps get your motivation going.
>>
>>679503501
Same for me, save the fat part.
But the causation goes the other way :
lack of social skills lead to mass consumption of fiction, such as anime.
I highly doubt that watching anime would turn a normie into a robot.
>>
>>679496567

> trades make hella money

so much this. trades are cleaning up right now, while Joe Biz management aint making shit.

I wish i had done a trade instead of college.

now i have $50k in debt and nothing to show for my degree.
>>
>>679503446
You don't even need to be in great shape. I know tons of guys with average bodies, hell even fat guys, that get laid plenty. I don't know where the obsession with working out and having a perfect body just to get laid came from. If you have nothing else going for you but your body then yeah, you should probably work out a lot. If you have any semblance of a personality and you aren't a beta pussy, you can have sex with good looking women without six pack abs or the ability to bench 315lbs.
>>
>>679498502

drink alcohol and get laid.
>>
>>679503360
Pro tip:
financing a car is for suckers!
You're spending outrageous amounts of money on a depreciating asset. ( that means it looses valve extremely quickly).
Buy a cheaper car and pay cash or put down a large down payment and finance as little as possible.
Adults should NEVER finance a car. Pay cash. Buy what you can afford- not what you "want".
>>
>>679492408

Don't listen to 25 year olds who think they've experienced shit or know anything about anything.
>>
>>679492301
>As far as women: Remember, no matter how good she looks, some one somewhere is sick of her shit!
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>679503676
Buy land, build your own house in stages as you can afford it.
Also much cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>679491128
High School is the most important thing that will ever happen in your life, if you are not popular you should just kill yourself. What other teenagers think of you matters a lot, so emulate popular kids.
>>
>>679496422
>faggy pajama boy beta
kek.

also: can confirm, lifter anon here at 19. I pull a lot of ass.
>>
>>679503928
If he wasn't watching all that anime, he might actually venture outside and talk to real people.
>>
File: CzVdZ7n.jpg (24 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
CzVdZ7n.jpg
24 KB, 625x626
>>679493243
>>
>>679504121
Interest rates on a car are 2-3%. You're better off investing the money than buying in cash.
>>
If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man,
You win some, lose some, all the same to me,
The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say,
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
The Ace Of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,
Going with the flow, it's all the game to me,
Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,
Double up or quit, double stake or split,
The Ace Of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live for ever,
And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you wanna see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die,
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be,
The Ace Of Spades
>>
>>679503959
Trades do make really good money.
Getting a bullshit degree and $60,000 in debt will fuck you for the rest of your life.
>>
>>679504347

Yes but you'll be renting throught the land buying and home building process.

Yes I agree you will save some in the long run, but the headache is not worth it.

As I have gotten older I have discovered that sometimes it's better to just fork out the extra money than deal with the headaches of going the "cheap route".

I'm paying some guy $50 this week to change my engine coolant. Could I change it myself? Sure. But I don't want to and it's not worth my time, when you consider what I make.
>>
>>679504482
Well I wouldn't talk to people no matter what.
Before anime it was books, and I will probably switch to comics in the next few years after I run out of good anime.
>>
>>679504121
Nah, issue was I could afford the car with my salary. Just I didn't have the actual cash on hand to back it up. I paid off a $20k loan in a year, so financing a vehicle really only meant I paid an extra $250 ontop of the car's value.

Though your method has meaning, I just really needed a car that could survive a long commute and harsh weather conditions. I watched my father buy three junkers in the manner you suggested and they all fell apart in 8-14 months. I've had my car for 5 years now and have only had to replace the alternator and starter.

Which brings in another thought process, learn to fix your vehicles. If you can pull it out of the car with a wrench you should be able to replace it for a fraction of taking it to the shop. I've saved so much money working on my own car.
>>
If you're thinking about settling down with a girl, take a good hard look at what her mom looks like.
>>
>>679504890
OP here. This is the realest advice ever.
>>
Keep your secrets just that.

Don't bash people to other people.

Have a change of clothes, drinking water and a snack in your car.
>>
>>679504890

THIS.

And take a look at how she interacts with her father. She will model her relationship with you after her relationship with her dad.

hence: daddy issues.
>>
>>679504890
Not quite true. My sister for example has a different bone structure than my mother due to my father's genes. My sister's structure is much more stable while my mother's gets sickly with age.
>>
When she asks if you'd like to come in for a cup of coffee, don't say "I don't drink coffee." She's not actually asking you in for coffee.
>>
>>679504000
You misunderstand.
(Read the Hardy Boys article)
A) I need to be in shape for a lot of the activities I enjoy.
B) By living a healthy lifestyle, my body looks good.

I'm not about aesthetics, I'm about functionality.

In shape people are generally more useful and harder to kill.

(working out also exposes you to goals, hard work and perseverance you don't find in a comfy office cubicle environment)
>>
>>679505000
Listen to this guy.
>>
Buying a new car is the worst investment after a boat.

Think before you speak/act

Don't be dumb with credit cards

Hey to actually know a girl really well before moving in, I didn't do this and have hated the last few years of MY my life.

Make as many friends as possible and yet to be likable, I've gotten jobs I wasn't qualified for because of my attitude/personality.

Don't put pics of you smoking weed or waving your dick around online, employers will check these days!
>>
>>679491128
Hey faggot kids, delete your social media accounts. You gain nothing and freedom of speech will get you fired from your job, not like kids care anyway, they can barely count or problem solve so they all will be digging holes for 8$ an hour.
>>
If she says you can cum in her pussy, try your damn best not to.
>>
>>679504504
Who cares about interest rates when the car is depreciating at a frantic pace??

Your $40,000 car will still only be worth $20,000 when you try to sell it.
Why is that such a hard concept for people to grasp?

CARS LOSE VALUE. They are not "assets" they are EXPENSES.
>>
>>679505000

Keep a small deodorant in your car also.
>>
>>679497489
implying that being not a leftist means voting for trump topkuk
>>
Don't neglect taking care of your home. Have some fucking pride in your home and how you dress. Of you don't respect yourself, no one else will.

Measure twice, cut once

When did Noah build the ark? BEFORE the flood.
>>
>>679503822
Worthless wasteful hobby.
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.