[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fonts. In particularly monospace fonts, and the rare and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: fonts.png (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
fonts.png
7 KB, 250x250
ITT: Fonts.

In particularly monospace fonts, and the rare and based monospace unicode fonts. Or the so-called "programmer" fonts. Though, I don't really program. I just like to quickly and easily organize and compare stuff to make everything easier.

I know a lot of people like to avoid talking about this or think that after all this time we would already have flawless fonts needed: but we don't. At least not for me. And I think there may be others.

Instead of asking "what's the best font" I'll just say what I'm going to use; so it can be accepted, or other suggestions can be made. I'm going to use [GNU] Unifont 12 for most things from now on.

The main issue is that sometimes I have to work with things in other languages. I would like them to at least be monospaced. If the font can't render the character: it makes a square block that's not monospace. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have to do this. But that's the reality.

tl;dr: I'm looking for a monospace unicode font and the best 1 I've font so far is [GNU] Unifont.
>>
Before I begin with additional posts: I'd like to say that this probably won't make any sense to a lot of people. They're personal notes I'm sharing and don't follow any convention. So they probably only make sense to me. But I still feel the need to post everything; In case anyone has questions, or wants to know more about it.

tl;dr: What I'm posting probably only makes sense to me; But I decided to post it anyway.
>>
Here's some fonts tested and some extremely short tl;dr notes about them.

[code]
Font |Note
Arial |not mono or uni
Arial Unicode MS |not uni
Times New Roman |not mono or uni
courier New |not uni
Fixedsys |not uni
Fixedsys Excelsior|uni brk in NP
DejaVuSans Mono |uni brk in NP
[GNU] Unifont |bitmapped
[/code]

Also I looked up the fonts to see what gets the most results. I'm assuming what gets more results is more popularity accepted. So, it may be better to work with in that sense, too.

[code]
Font |Look-up Results
"fixdsys excelsior"|3,850
"gnu unifont" |40,100
"dejavu sans mono" |75,300
"dejavu sans" |187,000
[/code]

By the way: I'm pretty sure everyone knows what search engine I used to look this up. So I don't feel the need to mention it. They don't need anymore advertising.
>>
Also I know I have a lot to say here so the whole thing's "tl;dr". But there's "tl;dr" notes at the end of all of them. So there's no excuse not to read it. I've thought about this for a long time. I always put this off. I always thought the answer would just come. But it doesn't. So. I'm going to solve this issue once and for all. I'm going to bring closure.

tl;dr: tl;dr I have a lot to say but put tl;dr's everywhere; So there's no excuse not tor ead it.
>>
Also I know inb4 "weeaboo" or "commie". I love English or "American" as my mother tongue and basically 1st and only language. It's just that there's special cases where foreign characters are necessary. Otherwise everything is uneven and disorganized and can't easily be managed; Defeating the purpose of everything. So I don't hate English at all; And I'm not trying to fight against it at all; And, judging by the difficulty of being able to use multiple languages with even 1 font in multiple programs: English has already won. So you don't need to worry about all that. It's alright. Please understand.

Also I know inb4 "oh you're trying to make this a thing!", "you're trying to force your opinions on everyone!", "you're trying to make this the 'official' 'anon' '/board/' opinion on everything!". I am not. I'm not trying to make this a thing, force my opinions on anyone, or make this an "official" or "forced opinion" thing. To be honest: I just find it difficult to find fonts, or to be able to do what I want to do easily, personally.

tl;dr: I hope that everyone doesn't get mad - and - I hope that you don't take it wrong. Please understand.
>>
Also I know inb4 "switch your comp to display Japanese characters for non-unicode programs or whatever language you're trying to do". And that does work for things like Japanese characters. But I kind of want it to be all languages. In addition: some programs don't work when you have it set to "Japanese". I'd rather just have it set to "English", "Default", "Normal" so most stuff "just werks" instead of having to change that every time for every individual language. In addition: I wouldn't want to favor 1 language like Japanese over every other language anyway. "What? Is every other language not good enough for you?". It's like that. So. It's anti-weeaboo. It's like that.
>>
Something that I don't like about "[GNU] Unifont" is that it is "bitmapped"-based. So that basically means you're limited to like size "12" or size "24": Or the font doesn't look right. But maybe that's also the same reason that it's the only 1 to work in notepad: where "dejavu sans mono" and "fixedsys excelsior" failed to render unicode fonts correctly or display unicode fonts at all. Again: in notepad.

tl;dr: [GNU] Unifont isn't perfect but nothing is; And, judging by these tests: it's the best overall.
>>
Also one of the main reasons I chose [GNU] "Unifont" is because I have no other choice. It's the only 1 that works in notepad. If I choose any other font like "DejaVu Sans Mono" or "Fixedsys Excelsior": it doesn't work. They can't render the characters properly in notepad for some reason. Only [GNU] "Unifont" can do this.

I do use "Notepad++". I use Notepad++ in particularly for files that I keep open all the time and use a lot. But it's still a pain to use. It's difficult to desperately look thru tabs that you can't wheel thru when dealing with lots of documents and data. Meanwhile, if you just use Notepad: you can literally click the icon and browse thru all your quick notes and documents, and find what you're looking for: in like 2 seconds.

So I guess a program like "Notepad+" that was basically exactly like notepad but "free software" or "open source" or even just something that let you edit the window with 3rd-party programs would be good. But that remains to be seen. So I guess it doesn't exist.

tl;dr: [GNU] Unifont is the only font that displays unicode characters properly (or at all) in notepad.
>>
Of course, what I don't like about notepad, or any ms windows programs in particular: they're difficult to deal with. Like: I'll use special window editing programs and it'll work for basically all windows like firefox, chromium, notepad++, etc.. But: if I try to bring it up for ms windows programs like notepad, explorer, etc.: you can't do it. It all has to be edited manually. A pain.

I guess you could say "use gnu linux". But: easier said than done. I have windows programs I have to run and my computer isn't really suited to be basically running 2 operating systems over relatively minor problems with ms windows. And I'm poorfag so I can't afford a computer that does. If I had money: yes. I don't have money, so: no.

tl;dr: Also notepad and ms windows programs aren't that good but can't really find any alternatives; And I can't use gnu linux right now because reasons.
>>
That and when I did listen to Anon and try gnu linux: I get them mad about "YOU ALREADY HAD IT WORKING YOU FUCKING MORON!!". Like I didn't already know that. Like I wasn't being nice and following their advie. So I guess that's why people don't like or use gnu linux. And why I'm not using it. Maybe when the community is less toxic and self-destructive, or if I have money. Oh well.

tl;dr: I can already do almost everything in ms windows and I don't get help as it is without having to worry about getting no help with a completely new operating system that's being used for no reason.
>>
I'm done.
>>
I'm done.
>>
Monoid ftw
>>
>>669054744
>Monoid ftw

thank you for the suggestion
>>
>>669054744
>Monoid ftw

well i tried monoid. it's not unicode. in particularly with certain asian characters. so i can't use it. but thank you.

also

>facebooked
>githubstarred

but thank you.
>>
You know. I'm still disappointed that the font replacement I've found isn't perfect. I was kind of hoping to find a better 1. Or a relatively "perfect" 1. But it doesn't exist. Oh well. Anyway.
>>
You know to me this is kind of a big deal because I've used "Lucida Console" 10 in notepad for a very long time now.

Also to a lesser extent "Courier New" 10 in Notepad++.

So.

Rest in peace, Lucida Console.

Rest in peace, Courier New.

Thank you.
>>
also check out the now-shareware ProFont, originally by andrew welch
>>
>>669058296
>also check out the now-shareware ProFont, originally by andrew welch

Well I tried that too. It also doesn't work in notepad. The bitmap version doesn't seem to work in notepad either. But thank you.
>>
>cringe thread
>>
>>669059391

>cringe post
>>
>>669059391
>>cringe thread

>cancer /b/ full of cancer camwhore cringe
>calling chemo not-amwhore not-cringe cringe

wow

Fucking cringe.
>>
I don't remember what I use, haven't been one of my linux terminals for a looong time (looking for a job so mostly videogames and browsing).

I miss it. I miss my bspwm setup so bad anon...

I have tried many monospace fonts (I code exclusively with vim in terminator/gnome terminal) and found a couple that I like, I don't remember the name though so I'll at least bump this quality thread.
>>
>>669060660

Yeah actually just checked my dotfiles, and I use Inconsolata in terminator.

I understand the appeal of aliased, pixel-perfect fonts, but after a while you understand that it's only stylish, and aliased font that work well at tiny sizes are generally easier on the eyes.
>>
>>669060660
>I don't remember what I use, haven't been one of my linux terminals for a looong time (looking for a job so mostly videogames and browsing).
>
>I miss it. I miss my bspwm setup so bad anon...
>
>I have tried many monospace fonts (I code exclusively with vim in terminator/gnome terminal) and found a couple that I like, I don't remember the name though so I'll at least bump this quality thread.

Oh...

If you miss it then you should do it again. "Do what you love and the money will follow". Right?

Cool. I wish you remembered. I appreciate you calling this wall of text and autism a "quality thread". Ahh, shucks. Thank you.
>>
>>669060966
>Yeah actually just checked my dotfiles, and I use Inconsolata in terminator.
>
>I understand the appeal of aliased, pixel-perfect fonts, but after a while you understand that it's only stylish, and aliased font that work well at tiny sizes are generally easier on the eyes.

Thank you.

Well thank you mentioning alias. So I could look it up.

- Because we can't ask people questions to get answers in their own words anymore. Gotta read too long walls of text. Yet everyone complains about tl;dr when their fellow users say it. Anyway. -

- And surprisingly find an answer. I like "aliased" or the normal type of fonts we've had for years. I don't see it as stylish. I see it as practical. I like small fonts and "alised" fonts.

The article I'm reading is saying that an "alias" font is normal, "anti-alias" puts a bunch of grey pixels around it, "clear-type" is a specific font that's supposed to be meant for a bunch of grew pixels around it. That's what I'm getting from this.

Thank you.
>>
>>669060660
>>669060966

Also I don't understand entirely what you're referring to. Again: I'm not really a programmer or anything. I just like working with computer, internet, files, documents and stuff, I guess... But, again: You should do what you want. Thank you.
>>
>>669061511

You must understand that the vast majority of fonts (especially outside of monospace) aren't bitmap font, they're essentially a collection of vector assets. The rendering of characters is not up to the font itself, and anti-aliasing or cleartype (which I believe is a special type of AA meant strictly for RGB aligned pixel arrays) is not hard-coded in the font by any mean. Some fonts, like Inconsolata are just meant to work well with bigger sizes in addition to smaller ones (where the antialiasing is mild or in existent)

So at small enough size Inconsolata will behave like the fonts you are used to, and at bigger size it will look smoother.

I do believe it's a great font, but I doubt it has japanese character though.
>>
>>669063984

Here's another font (bitmap this time) that has a wider unicode support, and was a candidate in my pursuit of The One Font (before I decided that bitmap fonts were only cool to look at if you didn't have to look at them for 10 hours in a row) :

http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/

Might be right up your alley.

Couple screenshots here : http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/shots.html
>>
>>669054690

I skimmed your monologue but I do have to rebound on that. Saying that the linux community is toxic and self destructive is very weird and I'd like to know what you base that on? I find the communities (because of course there are many of them, and linux isn't very specific at all these days, BSD nerds probably wouldn't mix that well with Ubuntu users).

As for the money I don't understand what you mean really, if we're talking about virtualization, then if you're on very old computer then no doubt, otherwise with something even remotely recent it shouldn't be a problem for any desktop applications, but juggling host and VM can be a bother when you need to do something quickly for sure. You can always dual-boot, which has no impact on performance (only disk space).

But oh well, that's not the topic, switching to Linux is like a long troublesome frustrating move-in, it's not really obvious why you should do it at all until you see how cozy the new home is :)
>>
>>669063984
>>You must understand that the vast majority of fonts (especially outside of monospace) aren't bitmap font, they're essentially a collection of vector assets. The rendering of characters is not up to the font itself, and anti-aliasing or cleartype (which I believe is a special type of AA meant strictly for RGB aligned pixel arrays) is not hard-coded in the font by any mean. Some fonts, like Inconsolata are just meant to work well with bigger sizes in addition to smaller ones (where the antialiasing is mild or in existent)
>
>So at small enough size Inconsolata will behave like the fonts you are used to, and at bigger size it will look smoother.
>
>I do believe it's a great font, but I doubt it has japanese character though.

I know. Thank you. Oh. Thank you.

Oh. Well I think it can already do that with looking like a normal font. But thank you. Also again Inconsolata doesn't display certain asian characters. So I can't usei t. But thank you.

Yeah. Again by "unicode" I mean includes the asian characters. Or "Japanese". I didn't wanna seem all weaboo for japanese and stuff. Thank you.
>>
>>669064501
>Here's another font (bitmap this time) that has a wider unicode support, and was a candidate in my pursuit of The One Font (before I decided that bitmap fonts were only cool to look at if you didn't have to look at them for 10 hours in a row) :
>
>http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/
>
>Might be right up your alley.
>
>Couple screenshots here : http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/shots.html

"The One Font"? I guess that's what we're looking for here now right? GNU Font is already bitmap and I've already said that's a problem. Not because of looking at it. Because of not being able to easily bring it to any size you want without it looking bad.

Terminus also doesn't work with certain asian characters. But thank you.
>>
>>669065392
>I skimmed your monologue but I do have to rebound on that. Saying that the linux community is toxic and self destructive is very weird and I'd like to know what you base that on? I find the communities (because of course there are many of them, and linux isn't very specific at all these days, BSD nerds probably wouldn't mix that well with Ubuntu users).
>
>As for the money I don't understand what you mean really, if we're talking about virtualization, then if you're on very old computer then no doubt, otherwise with something even remotely recent it shouldn't be a problem for any desktop applications, but juggling host and VM can be a bother when you need to do something quickly for sure. You can always dual-boot, which has no impact on performance (only disk space).
>
>But oh well, that's not the topic, switching to Linux is like a long troublesome frustrating move-in, it's not really obvious why you should do it at all until you see how cozy the new home is :)
>>
>>669065392

Blargh. I put that on the end of a tl;dr wall of text because it was the most minor note and I was hoping that no one would read it; But I wanted to use it as a counter to quote in case anyone brought it up instead of being brought up to derail the thread and get it off-topic.

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

4CHAN SUCKS LOL

Saying the gnu linux community is toxic and self destructive is not very weird and I'm not basing anything on anything. The gnu linux community is toxic and self-destructive. They say "use gnu linux" but don't help you with anything. By toxic and self-destructive I mean the users on this network that use it. They're the community. They use it. Whether they admit it or not. That's who I have to deal with all the time. I'm banned from everywhere else. So if they're not going to help me then I'm not going to bother to listen to them. You find the communities? I really don't want to bother with them at all. That and they're all anti-ms-windows and what not. I have enough of those problems on /g/. If anything they should be anti-android and anti-ios. I'd love to see them screaming at people in the street in real life. Tired of this. Like they can be like "google it" and I'll be like "bing it" and they'll be like "Go fuck yourself =)" and I'll be like "Go fuck yourself =)" and then I'll get banned for saying the same thing that they said 1st because they're a circlejerk useless fucking faggots who don't help instead of being useless fucking faggots. That's why I prefer to be an anonymous user. Grind "friendship" for years for something you have a minor interest in vs. everyone's equal and you can talk about whatever you feel like without having to worry about faggots asking "who are you" or "asl" or "what do you look like" aside from the cringe cancer faggots. It's impossible. So I'm sorry.
>>
>>669065392

By money I mean money really. I'm not on a very old computer. I just like to run a lot of different programs at the same time. I already can't run all the programs at the same time that I want to run already. If I have to run another operating system for no reason at the sacrifice of being able to run no programs then it's stupid. Because I have a reason to run the programs I usually run. I have no reason to run gnu linux. It's not old. But it's more advanced than "dumbphones" and similar "device" shit a lot use. Nobody talks about that! Nobody shoves gnu linux down their throats! Tired of this. Old computers are better and more advanced that. Early 2000's shit. Otherwise with something even remotely recent it should be a problem for any desktop applications. For example I was running a 3d online game and even at lowest settings it look like 30 to 60 seconds to load a part of the map. 1 of the reasons I stopped playing was because I couldn't efficiently "dungeon run" because I spent so much time waiting. I wouldn't mind if it was a 1 player game. I just don't want to let anyone I'm playing with down. Or bother them. If I ran more programs or more things like an entirely new operating system then things like that would run slower because I'm running an operating system that I don't need. So-called "dual-boot" has the biggest impact because I literally have to close every single program that I'm running and completely restart into a different operating system. That ruins "productivity" more than anything. Or in other words: I can't do stuff as quickly and easily. Defeating the purpose of everything. Also I don't have that much room in terms of diskspace right now either. or money.
>>
>>669065392

I guess so.

>:)

:^)

I'm sorry. I love gnu linux. I love Richard Stallman. They are a saint. Tho they should have children. Probably more so than anyone else. I consider myself a "gnu linux sympathizer". I'll tell you what. As soon as I get a computer with like 4, 6, or 8 cores - or even higher than that - if it ever goes higher than that - and if I have money and I can afford it - then I'll get gnu linux. Alright?

In addition I also tried different gnu linux "distros" and didn't like any of them. Gnu linux buntu is nice but looks more like deviceshit with that stupid black bar at the top; Instead of being in the taskbar like it's supposed to be. There's the other desktop environment that I forgot the name of. Ubuntu something with a mouse has an environment like that. That's like windows xp. Which is fine. But I've grown to like how windows 7 only shows the little icons instead of all of the windows. Because it's easier to click the combined windows instead of scouring thru the taskbar buttons individually. In addition you always have someone who has to comment on what you're running or what you have open instead of what you want to talk about every time you take screenshots or whatever. Combining the taskbar window buttons solves that. So I guess I'd use gnu linux ubuntu and that mouse desktop environment thing. Or gnu linux ubuntu and somehow get rid of the black bar at the top. But the fact remains that there isn't an easy or obvious solution to this.

So again I'll probably use gnu linux when I can. Please understand. So I'm sorry.
>>
>>/g/
>>
>>669068135
>>>/g/

>>>/trash/
>>
>>669053974
Why are you using that shit? Use Source Code Pro.

There are also a lot of other popular monospace fonts that are all way better than that shit.
>>
>>669070703
>Why are you using that shit? Use Source Code Pro.
>
>There are also a lot of other popular monospace fonts that are all way better than that shit.

Why are you using that shit? Use [GNU] Unifont.

There are also no other popular monospace fonts that are all way better than that shit.
>>
Source Code Pro can't display certain asian characters in notepad. A lot of fonts can't. Period. [GNU] Unifont can.

"They don't think it be like it is but it do."

- Black Science Man
>>
>>669071022
>>669071002
Why the hell are you writing asian characters in monospace? Do you hate typography? Use a modern CJK font family like Source Han Sans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Han_Sans
>>
>>669071476
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WenQuanYi
There's also this if you actually do need monospace.
>>
>>669054444
casually checking the 4 quads
>>
>>669071476
Why the hell aren't you writing asian characters in monospace? Do you hate typography?
>>
>>669071476
Why the hell are you writing caucasian characters in monospace? Do you hate typography?
>>
>>669071476
>asians aren't allowed to have efficient monospace fonts ever because i'm an asian typography expert and i'm an asian expert and i know what's best for asian typography and i know what's best for asians and asians have to listen to me because i'm a big fat white guy

Ok.
>>
>>669071476
>wikipedia

Good goy.
>>
There's no obvious way to install source han sans, so I can't use it, so doesn't work. Link to download or it doesn't work. Link or it doesn't work.
>>
>>669071476
The idea of having "asian characters in monospace" was the entire reason I made the thread...
>>
>>669071569
>wikipedia

Good goy.
>>
>>669071569
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WenQuanYi
>There's also this if you actually do need monospace.

Link to download or doesn't work.
>>
what the absolute fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
i have no idea
>>
File: ubntu.png (20 KB, 931x230) Image search: [Google]
ubntu.png
20 KB, 931x230
>>669073732
pic related, there really isnt any reason not to just stickm with the ubuntu family.
very clear & readable, no bullshit, no pixelated crap.
>>
File: 99.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>669074477
>pic related, there really isnt any reason not to just stickm with the ubuntu family.
>very clear & readable, no bullshit, no pixelated crap.

what?
what font is that exactly? your file name says ubntu but your image says uuntu mono? why does the file name say ubntu? why does your image say uuntu mono? what font is it exactly? logically it's unbuntu mono right? just want to clarify
>>
>>669074942
lolwat?

The Ubuntu font family
http://font.ubuntu.com/
consist of 3 major fonts
>Ubuntu (a.k.a Ubuntu Regular)
>Ubuntu Condensed
>Ubuntu Mono
I was referring to the 3rd one, and i do recomend not just using that, but also using Ubuntu Regular in surrounding non-monospaced text, becase they are meant to mix well.
>>
File: Ebin.jpg (58 KB, 730x433) Image search: [Google]
Ebin.jpg
58 KB, 730x433
Hope it doesn't trigger anyone
>>
File: 98.jpg (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
3 KB, 400x400
>>669075539
>Hope it doesn't trigger anyone

Not at all. I actually always loved Comic Sans. I think that a lot hate it because it's popular to hate and it was used as a "casual" font on things like jewgle etc. Their beloved jewgle that they love to worship so much has traded in its "Times New Roman" looking font for a "Comic Sans" font. Probably because they think more "normal" people like it. Irony FTW.
>>
>>669075938
>doesn't reply with hate
>doesn't reply with another bait
>doesn't reply with a meme

You are a strange specimen. From what other board do you come from, dear anon?
>>
>>669075271
lolwat?

Then Say so
alirght
alright
alright
alright
alright
Oh... Well that sounds weird and i'd prefer to just use monospace. Especially since the programs that i wanted to use 1 font without a "fallback" font. But I'll keep that in mind, I guess...
>>
>>669053974

i've tried inconsolata-dz . It's pretty though it has weird issues depending on the computer used. I'm not sure why. On a macbook it looks great, but on my old win7 it was broken, not on new win7... i think you need to turn off font smoothing or something?

anyway good luck.
>>
>>669076068
of course
of course
of course

Thank you. To be honest I don't like looking at any of the boards anymore. Because it makes me feel bad. They're all cancer. I mostly just keep to myself now. I mostly just talk to myself and live inside of my own computer and mind. And my own threads. I may actually make my own network 1 day. Working on that now. Certainly, having a more efficient font that I can use in different programs and all programs should hep as well. Maybe I'll post more about that later, if anyone's interested. Thank you.
>>
>>669076069
>Especially since the programs that i wanted to use 1 font without a "fallback" font.
Usually you are able to configure the system/GUI toolkit font independently from the content font.
E.g. configure one font for GTK/QT/KDE/Windows, and another one in-app so you will have menus in one, but your text editor area in another.
>>
>>669076337
wow dude, that's deep
good for you
>>
>>669076068
I think it's a guy testing a bot.
>>
>>669076337
>should hep as well
>hep

I'm not a robot
>>
>>669076283
>i've tried inconsolata-dz . It's pretty though it has weird issues depending on the computer used. I'm not sure why. On a macbook it looks great, but on my old win7 it was broken, not on new win7... i think you need to turn off font smoothing or something?
>
>anyway good luck.

oh. i don't know. i tried it and it doesn't display some asian characters correctly in notepad. so i can't use it. but thanks anyway.

thank you.
>>
>>669076393
>>Especially since the programs that i wanted to use 1 font without a "fallback" font.
>Usually you are able to configure the system/GUI toolkit font independently from the content font.
>E.g. configure one font for GTK/QT/KDE/Windows, and another one in-app so you will have menus in one, but your text editor area in another.

Yeah but it's still a pain. Having to configure the system for every single individual language you're dealing with every time instead of having it "just werk". And what if I have to deal with multiple languages? It's best to not deal with going back and forth with that and have it just work for different languages. It's almost like changing floppy disks all the time.
Well in notepad I can change the font. When I change the font sometimes asian characters don't display. I need it to not do that. I can get this to work if I change some settings to "Japanese" or whatever I'm using. But again I want it to be all languages; Not just weeaboo for japanese stuff. But thank you.
>>
>>669076564
>wow dude, that's deep
>good for you

thank you very much
>>
>>669076581
>I think it's a guy testing a bot.

So if I post the same copy paste hate, bait, and memes over and over endlessly then I'm not a bot? But if I talk normally then I am a bot? Maybe bots are the real humans... Maybe humans are the real bots...
>>
>>669076648
>>should hep as well
>>hep
>
>I'm not a robot

Yeah, that was intentional.

I make typos on purpose so people won't think I'm a bot.
>>
>>669053974
you dont need a full unicode font.
sometimes its okay to have different tools when none is the "works for all"

i have 2 thunderbird instances running, one for 親日 shit and one for european languages.
i also have 2 different .inis for notepad++ on windows so i can edit either stuff comfortably.
>>
>>669077671
>you dont need a full unicode font.
>sometimes its okay to have different tools when none is the "works for all"
>
>i have 2 thunderbird instances running, one for 親日 shit and one for european languages.
>i also have 2 different .inis for notepad++ on windows so i can edit either stuff comfortably.

you do need a full unicode font.
sometimes its okay to have the "works for all" when some are the "differnet tools"

tl;dd. too long; didn't do. i want something that "just werks". that's unifont. apparently.
so i can edit either stuff comfortably. but thank you.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.