[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend of mine seriously wants to convince me that Qui Gon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 32
File: top 3 lightsaber battles.jpg (140 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
top 3 lightsaber battles.jpg
140 KB, 1600x1200
A friend of mine seriously wants to convince me that Qui Gon Ginn did intend to die in the lightsaber battle against Darth Maul in TPM

Also he wants to convince me that Darth Maul got rekt by both of them and when i told him that the battle was effectively won by Darth Maul and that he only lost because of the bullshit move Obi Wan pulled off after battle he told me that Obi Wan just played with his enemy.
Is he right /b/?
[spoiler]I know for sure that he is not[/spoiler]
>>
>>659184830
Qui Gon Ginn was a more or less a grey jedi, they act on reason most the time, what reason would he die on purpose for?
>>
>>659184830
who cares? prequels were shit. writing was poor all around, don't try to make sense of it.
>>
just rewatched the fight. wow reminded how shitty those movies were. QGG made no indication he wanted to die. your friend is a tard muffin
>>
>>659185965
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
>>
What ?
>>
>>659185965
Qui Gon Ginn was the only good character in all the prequels. I also liked young Genius Anakin. He had potential to be Darth Vader, but teenage Anakin was fail.
>>
>>659186631
>Darth Maul was the only good character in all the prequels
ftfy
>I also liked young Anakin
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>659184830
Dude, ep1 sucks. Why bother? I tried watching it again the other day for the first time in years and i couldn't even make it halfway through before stopping.

I hadn't realized that it was that bad. I always thought that people were just talking shit because they like the originals better for nostalgia sake. Oh boy was i wrong. It's fucking terrible.

People like to talk shit about Jar Jar but he isn't the biggest problem with the movie. The biggest problem is how fucking boring it is. Jar Jar talks some shit, yeah. But the story is just deadly boring.
>>
>>659186265
I honestly think it is one of the best fights.
All the love for the original movies and their storyline but i really disliked most of the lightsaber battles.
And while the Choreographed dancing style lightsaber battles of the prequels are not good, i really think this particular fight is really impressive and fun to watch.
>>
>>659186961
>i really disliked most of the lightsaber battles.
that's because you're a millennial who needs WHOOSH BOOM BOOM KAPOW epileptic battles. fuck you and your back-flipping yoda.
>>
>>659187289
So you want to tell me that you enjoyed the autistic stabbing of ben and Vader in episode 4.

I said most battles in the prequels are shit, but i really enjoyed the battle betwee Qui Gonn, Obi and Maul, because it actually feels like a battle and not like a funky kind of dance
>>
File: 285.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>659187289
>implying only the prequels are like that

The entire Star Wars saga is for children who need a story they don't even need to think about to enjoy, the OT is no different.
>>
>>659187904
the battles in the originals aren't at all like what I described. it is very much a symptom of contemporary cinema and twitter-length attention spans.
>>
he died because he no longer feared death. this is the whole point of all the movies. when you have nothing to fear you have to live for.

Qui Gon Ginn, Yoda, & Obi Wan > knew thy would become one with the force.

the emperor > thought he was powerful enough to undo death like his master thought (darth plagueis)

darth vader > came to the realization that without his son he had no reason to live.

the point of the movies is the "fear leads to anger leads to hate leads to suffering" but controlled fear not turning to anger is the way of light the way of the jedi.
>>
>>659188286
buddhism: the movie
>>
>>659188286
In battle it still doesnt look like intended.
He just gets smacked with the hilt and stabbed to death, while having the "i fucked up" stare on his face.
>>
>>659188474
that's right my son.
>>
>>659188605
yeah, it wasn't intended he just failed because he didn't fear death
>>
>>659188094
The OT plot is utterly simplistic, good vs evil, oh wow so fucking eye opening and engaging. If anything the prequels are superior from a story point of view since it shows Anakins transition to the dark side and how manipulative the sith are, the fight scenes look great for the most part too where there is not ridiculous amounts of CGI, whereas OT is just boring.
>>
>>659188870
>thinks prequels are better than original trilogy
I have nothing more to say to you.
>>
>>659188870
THIS
SO MUCH THIS
fuck all of the hipsters who love the original trilogy only because it came first. The truth is, the entire universe was a result of George Lucas, and if you don't like his entire body of work you can go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>659184830
Qui Gon Ginn died on purpose after realizing what a shit movie he was in.
>>
http://mysterysnowdown.com/?s=PK0lEkr
>>
>>659189193
>the entire universe was a result of George Lucas, and if you don't like his entire body of work you can go fuck yourselves.
that's not how it works. I can like Mozart without liking every symphony. I can like Renoir's early paintings, and despise his later work. What you're describing is a mindless fanboy mentality.
>>
File: 120.jpg (11 KB, 235x179) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
11 KB, 235x179
>>659189134
That's because you're a childish nostalgia fag who needs simple plots to enjoy film, the prequels is far superior story wise than the OT will ever be. But then again why waste time on a sage where the majority of the writing is pretty shit, me and the people who like more complicated stories will stick with Star Trek.
>>
>>659184830
the Ataru form (Qui Jinn's style of fighting) needs a lot of space todo force jumps and piruetes, that was his strong point...the problem was that they were fighting in a closed space so his form wasn't effective, that's why maul kill him...he wasn't fighting in all his potential...and also he was getting old and the ataru form demands a lot to the body, he was tired and maul knows the weakness of Ataru so it was an easy fight for him
>>
The thing is qui qon died but he found out the ghost form which obi one refers to in part 4 i think basicly obi one learned the ghost form from him but if he died on purpose i dont know man
>>
>>659187289
Yeah, God forbid the saber battles not look fighting Chuck E. Cheese robots.
>>
>>659189656
the sequels are shit. you think anakin's turn to the dark side is compelling? get the fuck out of here. his motivations are completely unbelievable, he seems to rush toward darkness because the character is written as emo and the plot demands it. and then you've got some really terrible acting to top it all off.

There's no accounting for poor taste.
>>
>>659189732
Yoda teaches him the ghost form. He tells him that he needs to train him for it at the end of episode 3
>>
>>659189813
you want old, wise force users, who can predict each others moves to a degree, to wast energy doing backflips and twirls? you want a twirling vader? fuck off. they are more battles of the mind than battles of strength and agility.
>>
File: Erasmus-lecture-3.jpg (541 KB, 1641x1869) Image search: [Google]
Erasmus-lecture-3.jpg
541 KB, 1641x1869
>>659184830
He didn't intend to die though; Qui Gon didn't even really follow the Jedi code.
>>
File: 1444698002651.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
1444698002651.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>659189656
I completely agree with you.

Besides the shit stain that was TPM, I think the prequels were the best thing to happen to Star Wars. It gave us the Clone Wars and the Grand Army of the Republic, the 501st Legion, and gave so much added lore to the artillery, armored vehicles and regiments/ranks in the Star Wars universe.

I'm fucking glad Mr. Plinshit from RLM wasn't behind the making of the prequels either. He wanted the turn the clone wars into a 15 minute section where people fight Uruk-hai Orcs. He also wanted to scrap Coruscant all together.

Original trilogy had the better story, the prequels made the Star Wars setting even better.
>>
>>659190054
You can't honestly sit there and tell me that the battle between Obi Wan and Vader in ep 4 was entertaining as entertaining as the fights in the prequels. It's all so rigid and lackluster.
>>
>>659189863
That's because George Lucas is shit at writing half the fucking characters. Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman are great at acting but they didn't live up to their full potential because of the writing, the OT is no different and in some cases worse.
Also you cant just look at Anakins story from the surface, you need to delve deep into the characters such as Palpatine and his manipulation of Anakin and the Republic, how he slowly reels him in over a decade and turns him against what he has held so dearly.
>>
>>659190639
it's not about hypnotizing you with visual effects and explosions, it's about the story. maybe something with vin diesel is more your speed.
>>
>>659190737
>Hayden Christiansen
>great acting
my sides
>>
>>659190864
It's fucking star wars you ignorant cunt. It's got space dog fights, large scale infantry battles, and yes, lightsaber battles. It's got "Wars" right there in the fucking name. If you want some epic story devoid of any action than maybe you shouldn't watch a movie that once again HAS WAR RIGHT IN THE NAME.
>>
>>659190054
that difference was intended...in the OT the fights were more "mind battle" that annything 'cause they were the last of their kind...like the dying light of a dead star...the prequels tell a different story and show different foes fighting, the jedi on his prime...the 7 forms of fighting and how powerful they were...be a nostalgia fag and cry whatever you want but that was something that the prequels show very well
>>
File: 1444699670689.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
1444699670689.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>659191194
Fucking this.
>>
>>659191194
there's a time for epic dogfights, and a time for emotional scenes watching your mentor be cut down by the bad guy, driving the plot forward. no explosions or backflips required.
>>
>>659191374
ugh, it's so hideous. a movie made of video game cutscenes.
>>
>>659190864
I didn't see any mind battle between Ben and Vader; I mean, the way they fought looked just so unintense and cringy, like
>lookout, gonna burn yer fingers, hehe
>oh diddly, diddly Ben! Watch out!

The reason of this was technology used to make these lightsabers from a prop pov. They were really heavy, because at first it was practical effect. Check it out on youtube.
>>
File: qui gon dies.jpg (72 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
qui gon dies.jpg
72 KB, 1440x1080
>>659191676
>mentor cut down by the bad guy

plus you act like there wasn't explosions in the OT, did you just not fucking watch them blow the Death Star twice????
>>
>>659184830
Yes that suprised look on Qui Gon Jinn's face, death was highly intentional
>>
>>659191676
actually a good fight is luke vs vader, not too authistic and not too "backflipy"...ben vs vader was shit...from the mighty warriors that were jedis holding the sabers like a 10 year old to the shitty dead
>>
>>659192115
I think the destruction of the death star calls for an explosion. Quite a different scene from a jarjars vs robots battle with jelly plasma bombs and laser canons going off left and right.
>>
>>659186833
>darth maul
>character
kek
>>
>>659192275
Luke vs Vader in ROTJ was the only saber fight worth a shit in the OT
>>
>>659192275
this.
>>
>>659192275
This I can agree with. Not that ben's battle was shit, but that Luke's battle with Vader makes for a much better action sequence.
>>
>>659192490
because battles between jedi and sith were special, rare moments, and not every other scene.

I'll take that over a 20 minute long battle with a 4-armed robo-sith any day.
>>
>>659190019
Something like that it had something to do with quiqon xd
>>
>>659192392
Right, so I guess they should just run by all the action sequences by you to make sure they're legitimate/necessary. What the fuck do you think happens when an EXPLOSIVE goes off?? There's gonna be an explosion you stupid fuck, which again, happens a lot in war.
>>
>>659192882
>explosives explode
wow, tell me more. the question that you're failing to grasp is "which explosions advance the story and which are pointless eye-candy?"
>>
A big part of the lackluster fights is there being almost no attention or way too much attention paid to the styles of fighting.
ie Count Dooku is ridiculous, same as Yoda
Obi fights when he takes up the defensive style isn't too bad.
>>
>>659192692
That's because they were all dead...
The only reason the OT wasn't more like the prequels was technical limitations, had they been able to make them that way, they probably would have.
>>
>>659187748
I did like the fight between ben and vader cause it made sense that it was lame. It was supposed to. They're both old me, former friends, who were out of practice swinging swords at each other, it shouldn't look graceful or choreographed. The fight with Maul, while i'll say is visual cool, is dumb cause it lacks any character. even when Jin dies there's no emotion in the fight at all. Obi Wan screams a bit and then just gets straight back to the dumb choreographed dance fight.
>>
>>659186221
So much this, who gives a shit about a bad guy with a badass toy instead of a personality.
Why care about Qui Gon who was boring as shit on screen. Liam Neeson sucks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zuQfIGcpBQ
>>
>>659193530
He has a particular set of skills though.
>>
>>659191038
He has acted well in other movies. He's no acting god but he isn't as shitty as the prequels portray him. George is just a cuck who has no idea how real people are supposed to converse.
>>
>>659193105
It's a fucking movie, it's supposed to be eye candy, it's supposed to be entertaining. During that same Jar-Jar fight you were going on about Anakin blows up the trade federation ship, is that plot driven enough for you? They were running interference for the space dog fight happening. Did you even watch the fucking movies?
>>
>>659188870
it's not supposed to be a complex story. fuck the story isn't even the major part of the OT. The OT was more about the characters and relationships between them than anything else. The whole space civil war was just a backdrop for the characters. Seeing as the prequels have no characters and the story is needlessly complicated and unsatisfying, they have nothing going for them
>>
I believe Jar Jar Binks was an excellent way to try to bring new young fans into Star Wars.
>>
>>659193683
Is that supposed to be fun or something
>>
>>659184830
Yes, Qui gon died so anakin could become a jedi.
>>
>>659189656
>thinks a movie needs to be complicated to be good
clearly you have no idea how movies work
>>
>>659193230
>then gets straight back to the dumb choreographed dance fight.
I somewhat agree with that. It does look like Obi-Wan is putting a lot of emotion into his strikes because he's pissed but it still looks super choreographed.
>>
>>659186836
The video game is way better
>>
>>659193762
Of being an old man? Talking menacingly into a phone? Golly gee I can't wait for taken 5. The taken take back what was once taken. The takenest
>>
>>659193828
>needlessly complicated
Don't confuse a complicated story with you being a retard. If you take the time to understand all the sub plots over the prequels and how they connect together you get a great story.
Whereas in the OT the only story aspect it has going for it character development which is pretty shit anyway since they are built around the idea of "Good guy vs Bad guy". A story written for simpletons like yourself.
>>
>>659194204
I'm not saying movies have to be complicated to be good, but if you're too moronic to appreciate the story and themes of the prequels then you're either a tiny child or an autist.
>>
>>659194979
okay let's say you're right, and that the plot of the prequels is flawless. What's the point if there isn't a single person in the movie with any type of character? the story of the OT was simple but I could care about it cause I liked the characters. for me at least, I can't say the same about the prequels.
>>
>>659194303
But remember these are sith and jedi at the top of their game. They're force users that can passively sense the future. They know where to be before the strike is even made. The trick to beating these guys are to be either A) unconventional (double saber) or B) so fast they can't sense it coming.
>>
>>659193884
please consider suicide... even as a kid that character made me cringe.
>>
>>659190054
Tell that to sidious. He's older than them all combined because of the force yet he's still faster and stronger. Plus in books Vader often used the force to make himself faster. Obi never stood a chance he was just dicking with him, same with Luke in 5.
>>
>>659190639
I'll watch obi and Vader in 3 a hundred times more than obi and Vader in 4. Incomparable, its was geriatric dick measuring vs a fucking all out fight between 2 masters.
>>
>>659196217
That my friend is called nostalgia. You have it big time.
>>
>>659195226
I found that was often the case with the prequels. People were too stupid to grasp its all about Vader and his rise and fall. Fuck everyone else they all die.
>>
>>659196874
Yeah I made a typo there and it was unclear. What I meant was that the prequel fights were much better than most of the OT fights.
>>
>>659197054
You have the same with the prequels jackass. Growing up watching shitty movies with nonexsistent characters, a nonsense plot, make it better because hurrrr he dun turned from da good guy to da bad one. That isn't a story. Try sitting and watching the prequels they're terrible
>>
>>659193828
Needlessly complicated? Are you 7? Can you not handle more than 3 thoughts at once? It was about politics, war, avoiding war, and a massive conspiracy to turn ani darkside, unify the galaxy via war, and destroy the Jedi all in one shot.
>>
>>659197576
Try this. Watch 4 then 5, then 1,2,3, then 6. Then tell me there is no story and there is no development. Not just hurr durr they suck because I'm an idiot.
>>
File: 274.jpg (36 KB, 606x540) Image search: [Google]
274.jpg
36 KB, 606x540
>>659196217
>Obi-Wan
>Palpatine
Literally the 2 most flawless characters in the entire Star Wars film franchise.
>>
>>659197576
You're just too retarded to understand the underlying plots of the prequels which make them great.
>>
>>659197930
Don't forget R2 that little asshole
>>
File: 1399680707657.jpg (12 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
1399680707657.jpg
12 KB, 277x182
>>659195226
>>
File: 22.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>659198220
prove me wrong nostalgia fag
>>
>>659198138
Exactly all the little things that make it great that these tards are too busy shit talking to notice or appreciate.
>>
>>659197915
I've watched your silly method, they still suck. Nothing happens at all in the first movie. Two anakin and padme fall in love but not really because their chemistry is so fucking nonexistent. Then a war that has no stakes because clones fighting robots really tugs at your emotions. Three is more of the same with Anakin doing things like be turned evil strictly for the plot and dumb robots vs dumb clones.
Guess what Vader taking off his mask at the end of his Jedi means less after the prequels. What was a great moment of Luke redeeming his dad is ruined by Ankain and the shitty story he was involved in. Jesus stop choking on Geroge Lucas' cock and accept the fact these are shitty movies
>>
giving this much of a shit about the prequels must take a toll on your common sense.
>>
My bad>>659198220
Was meant for
>>659197576
>>
>>659186631
qui gon ginn is as stupid as every other character in that movie.
>>
>>659198802
The irony of that post is massively out of your IQ range
>>
>>659198768
Preach.
I gain nothing from the prequels.
Hell...I gain nothing from any of the special editions of 4 - 6.
>>
>>659198768
Considering how much you watered everything down shows how moronic you are. The whole war was a plot sidious was working on before he even started training maul. The clones weren't created to win a war, they were to unite the galaxy create the empire and have a massive standing army with no home to go to after. It was all orchestrated, like Jesus fuck watch an episode of clone wars or read a novel.
>>
>>659199245
That was the point.
>>
>>659199255
It's all just kids who grew up with the prequels defending them. Either that or it's George Lucas' in circle who for some reason didn't question him when he didn't have a script or screenplay written a week before filming these shitty movies
>>
>>659199367
Read a novel? Guess what you wasted your time because the ENTIRE EU is no longer canon, I was the movies and nothing else because that's what they are
>>
>>659199255
So only from episode 5..... Why because at-ats and "I am your father"?
>>
>>659193530
Honestly, it's more about the writing than the actor. With Lucas' shit direction and writing, you can't -not- play a boring Jedi. Let's face it, there was not a single likeable character in any of the prequels. Every single goddamn Jedi was flat and emotionless, aside from Anakin who was a whiny dumb asshole.

But while Hayden Christensen's character was dumb, but it wasn't really Christensen's fault. He did what he could with the lines he was given.
>>
>>659198138
Underlying story? What that Lucas half assed wrote 3 movies in 5 months by himself then shit it out into a green screen? Thus brainwashing fuck twats like you who suck the cum out of anything with Lucas's name on it? Cuz that's the only underlying story that lies under that depthless exuse for a plot line.
>>
>>659199775
>I was the movies
That's the deep shit posting of a Disney fan fag
>>
>>659199853
Kek you are autist and completely misunderstand EVERYTHING
>>
>>659186631
Okay, tell me about Qui-Gon. Why do you like him? Because he was barely a character at all in my eyes. Boring Jedi #257.
>>
>>659200153
Then do explain Darth basement dweller. Share with us your godlike interpretation skills that are non existent. The grand duality that only the deepest of autists and grasp.
>>
>>659190864
I think I love you

The person you're arguing with is a mongoloid
>>
>>659200045
Says the one lining assholes pockets buying actual books for a movie series. Guess what. Nobody should have to read a fucking supplemental novel, or watch a damn cartoon to further understand a movie. Because if you do then you've made a shitty movie.
>>
>>659200443
>>659190864
Hah top kek
>>
>>659200525
Pay for things? Who does that. Yarrr I /b a pirate.
>>
File: 77.jpg (14 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
14 KB, 303x276
>>659199902
m8, I don't suck George's cum, I'm first and foremost a Star trek fan so if there were any decent Trek movies or another series I wouldn't be giving a fuck about SW.
If anything the OT is half assed, a story between Good and Bad. I mean... is that it? Seriously?
At least with the prequels you see the fall of Anakin and why it happens, not to mention undercover sith running the entire Republic. Lots of the character development and acting is pretty poor in the prequels but story wise it blows the OT out of the water.
>>
>>659200871
>m8, I don't suck Georges cum

My sides!
>>
>>659197241

>People were too stupid to grasp its all about Vader and his rise and fall.

Really? Because I got that straight away and thought that Lucas did a fucking awful job. Anakin was one step away from being a mary sue in episode 1. In episode 2 he's a petulant child and then he goes full cunt in episode 3. If Lucas really wanted a nice character arc for Vader, he should never have spent so much time with him as a child and then skipped all those years until he was a completely different character. He should have shown us how Vader was a good, noble Jedi who was seduced. Instead, we get Vader being an unlikable cunt who gets played like a fiddle by the Emperor, whose plans go off so flawlessly it feels less like scheming and use of the force then just the will of the plot.

Also, why the fuck is Vader so important? Why does he get bigged up as dark space jesus in the prequels (in a space prophecy, by the way, that is only ever referenced and not directly said)? Why does everything have to revolve around him?
>>
>>659201267
You're the best, I mean that seriously.
>>
>>659200358
Ok idiot.
I said 4 - 6 not 4 and 6
And it's because Lucas fucked them up with CGI we all agree is not even sci fi channel worthy. Then he refuses to give us the original theatrical release versions that fans originally fell in love with. You straight up can't go buy a Blu ray of how it was seen in 1977 because George Lucas says so. Is that a good enough reason for me to have the opinion that the special editions suck dick mr God sir?
>>
>>659189249
Top kek
>>
>>659199775
I own 20+ EU novels so disney triggered me hard with their move to abandon that storyline.
>>
>>659200871
You see the fall of Anakin because he hates sand and obi wan (the only sorry mother fucker that would accept that little faggot as his "padawan"). Great depth there...
Palpatine didn't do shit to seduce him either. He killed a whole villi age of sand people before he even had a full conversation with palpatine.
So no
>>
>>659201267
ZACK LEE!
>>
File: StarWarsWrong.jpg (688 KB, 700x3812) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsWrong.jpg
688 KB, 700x3812
>>
Qui gon was a rogue sith. He put two people on the path of the dark side.
>>
>>659200871

I think you are confusing the concepts of a story with its execution. The prequels had more complex and interesting ideas, but utterly failed to bring them about competently. The rise and fall of Anakin is a great example of an interesting idea that tripped on its own dick right out of the gate and continued to fall flat right up until the end.

I will always take a simple story told well over a complex story told poorly. To be fair, I would like a complex story told well more than anything, but those are pretty rare.
>>
>>659202203
>Unnecessary chase scene
that leads Kirk to find future Spock in a cave.

Idiot...Lawrence Kasdan who wrote Empire strikes back wrote the force awakens. JJ directed actions on the set.
Learn how a fuckin movie is made.
>>
>>659188870
Thank you, some people are just plain stupid to understand the complex story of the prequels, thus they call it "boring". I like OT to but it was too childish and too much cheesy lines.
>>
>>659201943
>He killed a whole village of sand people before he even had a full conversation with palpatine
Do you really not understand anything? As Yoda said “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Anakin is a conflicted person, he has never had a father figure and his mother is a slave. Palpatine knows this and he also knows Anakin could possibly one day be the most powerful Jedi ever, since the force was what created him and he had a higher medi clorian count than Yoda. So Palpatine has been building up for over a decade for the moment he reveals his true identity to Anakin. Over a decade of preparation, planting ideas into his head and causing him to have nightmares of losing Padme.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 853x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 853x640
>>659202203
>>
>>659202831
No.
You don't kill innocent women and children because a few of their people took your mom that you haven't seen in 7 years prisoner by a few of their people. You just accept shitty storytelling.
>>
>>659202689
>childish lines
"Let's do a flip! That's a good trick!"
"Yipeee"
"I hate sand"
"Anything jar jar says"
Ect ect

Retards don't know they're retarded.
>>
>>659201460
No that's pretty piss poor and retard strong but thanks for contributing I can tell writing those sentences must have been quite the difficult endeavour.
>>
Anyone got that picture that has the description of A New Hope but crosses out all the character and faction and ship names and replaces with TFA shit?
>>
>>659203473
OHHH a grammar nazi!
Those they're sentinces we're pretty danged easy to constructify.

Much easier than the time you have trying to understand why your the only faggot that watches the prequels and thinks there is an underlying story there.
>>
>>659203067
He was a slave, he loved his mom more than anything. The Jedi wanted to reject him because of his love for his mom. He went apeshit because they torchered and killed her! I can't blame him, if some sand nigger fucked with my family I'd do the same.
>>
File: 349.jpg (65 KB, 637x635) Image search: [Google]
349.jpg
65 KB, 637x635
>>659203067
Oh yeah I suppose he also just became a sith lord for the fun of it?
>>
>>659203722
No because that pic leaves out so many differences it's insane.
Also Star Wars was originally written on the principle that "there is only one version of a story that can be told through different means." It's called the theory of Campbell or some shit. So borrowing elements of the OT just like the prequels tried to make them rhyme with the OT is the exact same principle and sits well with true Star Wars fans that know their shit.
>>
>>659204144
They didn't kill her, she conveniently dies in anakins arms from natural causes.
>>
>>659200154
Qui-Gonn's character was somehow someone who can refuse the council's orders if their rrsolve is strong enough which later influenced. Obiwan, Anakin, and Asohka. He also guided Yoda how to be one with the force after death, which Yoda also thought to Obiwan.
>>
>>659201267
It's because we don't have 16 hours of film to tell a story that deep. Hence why we have things like TV shows (clone wars) and books. You can't call yourself a fan and completely ignore a whole section of story because its in a different media. Like fun fact! Obi didn't kill maul!
>>
>>659204206
He sure wasn't seduced by the dark side like obi wan says in the OT.
But I'm sure you'll find some way you think thats justified by some one line palpatine says in 3 to prove me wrong.
>>
>>659204208
So? Doesn't mean I don't want it for certain reasons fuck you and your bullshit
>>
>>659201827
I know the feeling. I don't have that many but I read a few back in the day
>>
>>659186366
Did he?
>>
>>659204431
Thanks for the completely pointless EU info that actually has nothing to do with the current storyline Disney is following.
>>
>>659204377
Huh so people don't die from being cut a beaten for weeks the second they feel safe and relaxed. Who knew.
>>
>>659184830
Webmd or gif of shitty fight plz
>>
>>659204636
Ok edgy 14 year old child.
Give dad back his laptop.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1240x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1240x2000
>>659192392
HEY! The gungans have a grand army.
>>
>>659204916
Cry more anon
>>
>>659204610
But obi wan watered it down so Luke wouldn't be as fucked up by it. But the falling point for ani was when sidious told him of plagueious (aka sidious's old master)
>>
>>659204838
No. They just die. That's how life works. Hate to break reality to you snowflake.
>>
File: 1450452867693.gif (652 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450452867693.gif
652 KB, 300x300
>>659192115
It be foretold
>>
>>659204978
You're the one crying because you can't have your picture faggot.
>>
>>659191374
scenes like this ruin them for me. so much CG when men in suits would have been more effective (probably way cheaper too)
>>
>>659190019
Qui-Gon is also in Episode 2
>>
>>659204678
underrated
>>
>>659203391
Well a child said those lines you moron so it's supposed to be childish

Leai saying I love you to Han.
Leia: "I love you"
Han: "I know"

Anakin to Padme
Anakin:"you're beautiful"
Padme:"it's because im in love"
Anakin:"no it because i'm in love"
Padme:"then love has blinded you"

But hey as you said
Retards dont know they're retarded
>>
>>659205139
You implying she would have died in sand niggers didn't take her? No she would have been fine and happy. They destroyed the one thing he truly loved, his cling to humanity. Hence the beginning of the end.... You should stick to simple concepts like who shot first, or kissing your sister.
>>
>>659202852
It doesn't matter who copied whom, the fact is it was cut and pasted.
>>
>>659204766
clone wars is canon
>>
>>659205289
WAHHH that's all I hear. So much butthurt pull your dad's dildo out of your ass FAAAAAGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>659205593
Dude your taking the b8
Just stop
>>
File: 1450883314027.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1450883314027.png
75 KB, 325x244
My biggest concern is why do they always make the space ships like the tiefighters or xwings all arrow dynamic? Also why do they have traditional "dogfight" space battles?
>>
>>659204766
Lol EU, that shit was canon you moron. See season 5 and 6 of clone wars you moron
>>
>>659205649
How can a writer copy himself?
And oh I must have missed the part where we meet a stormtrooper protagonist, and the part where a whole village is massacred by the empire, ect

http://mashable.com/2015/12/23/force-awakens-is-no-remake/#q3DRb_aCGsqf
>>
>>659189408
Not really. Because George Lucas has done more than just Star Wars. If you only like small pieces of a painting ur a piece of shit
>>
File: 1274381941111.jpg (228 KB, 510x509) Image search: [Google]
1274381941111.jpg
228 KB, 510x509
sith is an anagram of shit
mind:blown
>>
>>659205650
Canon if you suck Lucas cum
>>
>>659204919
JAR JAR IS A SITH LORD
>>
>>659205740
Child
>>
>>659205937
Aerodynamic

they fight on planets too? duh? and they have to lift off?
>>
>>659206094
WAHHHHH
>>
>>659205980
Holy fuck Lucas fooled you all into believing a show was good for 6 seasons? Feel sorry not sorry for you
>>
>>659206078
>JAR JAR IS A SHITLORD
fixd
>>
>>659205937
Because they also fly in atmospheric conditions I guess? Plus it looks cool
>>
File: 1442537517255.jpg (32 KB, 480x255) Image search: [Google]
1442537517255.jpg
32 KB, 480x255
>>659206221
>>659205740
>>
I honestly thought the best lightsaber fight was Vader V Luke episode 6

has the only lightsaber throw in all the movies and also has that tight move where luke just starts beating the shit out of Vader and then cuts his hand off
>>
File: remake.jpg (88 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
remake.jpg
88 KB, 699x1211
>>659204636
Here anon, fuck these guys
>>
shit films, shit post
>>
>>659206185
Okay, most battles are seen in space actually. Unless you count the clone wars. Even then the space battles would not be a traditional dog fight. It makes no sense to fight like that in zero gravity.
>>
>>659206595
Thanks so much anon! I really appreciate it.
>>
>>659206500
5 and 6 have the best duels
>>
>>659206185
Okay, most battles are seen in space actually. Unless you count the clone wars. Even then the space battles would not be a traditional dog fight. It makes no sense to fight like that in zero gravity. Also lifting off is actually as easy as having a large ship carrying the smaller battle ready ones.
>>
>>659206595
http://mashable.com/2015/12/23/force-awakens-is-no-remake/#q3DRb_aCGsqf
>>
>>659205937
>arrow dynamic

>sidesejected.rar
>>
>>659206595
well why change the formula if its a good movie
>>
>>659206771
Child can't use google.
Good luck in 5 years at your mcjob
>>
>>659206263
Lol, you're the one who did not enjoy it becase your butt hurtness and close mindedness rendered so dont be sorry for me. clone wars was epic it told stories of clones like echo,fives, rex,wolfe,gregor the 3 who refused order 66. But you wont be interested with that because all you want to do is suck vader's dick
>>
>>659207020
Why are you still crying? Seriously. I don't get it. Wipe the tears and move on. Seriously, leave me alone fucktard.
>>
>>659191374
This looks like an animated movie.
>>
File: clone wars.gif (1019 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
clone wars.gif
1019 KB, 500x340
>>659206263
The 25 animated shorts were pretty fucking great though
>>
>>659184830
I read somewhere that Qui Gon died because he used an offensive sword fighting style which tired him a lot then Obi-wan saw this and switched for a more defensive style and won because of it.
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (22 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
22 KB, 620x350
>>659204208
>So borrowing elements of the OT just like the prequels tried to make them rhyme with the OT

Holy shit...
George Lucas is in this thread?
(because that is nearly verbatim what he said about the prequels compared to the originals - AND he's a fucking idiot, not to mention a pretty shitty director, screenwriter, etc.)
Fucking fanboys.
>>
>>659206806
A: idk how i would fight in zero gravity im not an astronaut
B: lifting off as in if you're on a planet or on a runway you need to be somewhat aerodynamic to take off
>>
>>659207176
Agreed. Wholeheartedly, even.
>>
>>659207078
No
I didn't like it because I don't like anything that came from the prequels. None of it seems to exist in the same universe. None of the technology looked as if in just a few decades there would be tie fighters and X wings, ect. It just didn't make sense to the story we already had.
People have opinions. Not everyone likes shit because Lucas's name is on it.
>>
>>659207286
Obiwan won, because Maul was too cocky I believe, but maybe Obiwan being able to hold his own against Maul was because of the reasons you stated
>>
>>659207142
Back to Reddit for you try hard edgy hypocrite.
>>
>>659207286
watching the fight now, seems like Obi-wan is way more aggressive
>>
>>659184830

I think your friend has his argument backwards. Qui Gon clearly didn't intend to die, he still had to train Anakin against the wishes of the council (the same council Obi Wan was still sucking the dick of). Darth Maul clearly was the one that wanted to die.

Darth Maul just got finished fighting a Jedi Master and his apprentice and kicking both of their asses. Qui Gon got rekt and angry Obi Wan was hanging out in a bottomless pit. What was Darth Maul doing while Obi Wan was effectively incapacitated? Fuck all if I know. It looks like he was dancing around, slicing the floor 4 feet above Obi Wan. He could have thrown a flash light at Obi Wan and he'd be dead. Instead Obi Wan does a fancy flip over Darth Maul and cuts him in half. The entire process takes like 6 seconds to complete and Darth Maul just stood there and let it happen. He showed an aptitude for lightsaber combat that I don't know if we've seen rivaled in the movie series. And Obi Wan kills him like that?

Poppycock, I say.
>>
>>659207176
yeah because they didnt have shit acting
>>
>>659207571
>>659207286
Never mind, Qui Gon is essentially pushing for the majority of the fight, I can see that being a factor
>>
>>659207323
I'm not a fanboy of Lucas actually. But he was the first one to write "Star Wars" on a script with this idea of repeating stories in mind.
I unlike you can actually tell the difference between a fact and a rage inspired opinion.
>>
>>659186631
There's nothing memorable about Qui-Gon other than him being played by Liam Neeson.
Obi-Wan, while an idiot like everyone else, is the best character in those movies.
>>
>>659207847
but... but... you quoted George Lucas... and a radically retarded quote, at that...
ergo, you're a tool.
>>
>>659207566
Ok. Whatever you say boss. Since you insist on harassing me and getting the last word, go ahead, insult me one more time and I won't respond. Prove to everyone your an autistic faggot you needs the last word because they MUST WIN A FIGHT ON THE INTERNET... Faggot..
>>
>>659207476
>I didn't like it because I don't like anything that came from the prequels.
>None of it seems to exist in the same universe. None of the technology looked as if in just a few decades there would be tie fighters and X wings, ect.
> It just didn't make sense to the story we already had.

Yes that what i said you're butthurt and close minded.
>>
>>659189708
nothing says Ataru is the style Qui Gon used, it didn't look like that's what it was in the movie, and in prequel books it's still described as Ataru, if anything Obi-Wan's style has always seemed more Ataru then anyone's.
>>
>>659208034
>harassing me
Words of someone who has lost
>>
>>659208009
You think that just because you don't agree with it being a cool concept, that other people shouldn't either.
You're a tool
>>
>>659184830
>is he right
>i already know he's wrong
>being this stupid
>>
Qui gon was the first Jedi to figure out you can be a force ghost and he told obi wan and yoda how to do the same so technically he had it planned, like he new they couldn't beat darth maul without a distraction of some kind so he let himself dye so obi wan would flip his shit and kill darth Maul, so basically qui gon is a really powerful Jedi and without him there would be no force ghost so cut your bullshit about the prequels being shit, it's just unfortunate they came out during a time when cgi was the next big thing, and if you need prosthetic props so much go fucking suck on your dads fleshlight
>>
>>659208052
Or I have a differing opinion. Having a closed mind means you only see what you think in your head. Hence you think I'm butthurt, so you never drop the idea that I'm wrong about what I choose to think.
>>
File: 1stOrder.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1stOrder.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>
>>659208034
People like you do not belong on /b.
>>
The real fucking problem with the prequels is don't serve to enhance to original trilogy at all and actually achieve the opposite, detracting from the overall story. Every cool plot twist is spoiled if you watch the prequels first. Who is this mysterious Jabba the Hutt? Oh wait, we already saw him in 1. Darth Vader is Luke's father? No shit, we saw Padme birth him. Luke and Leia are siblings? Again, we saw them being born. That green dude is Yoda? No surprise there. Ignoring any of the other thousand shitty things about the prequels you can't get around that the prequels will ruin the original trilogy for anyone unlucky enough to watch them first.
>>
>>659208541
>it was planned
>>
File: milfala.webm (3 MB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
milfala.webm
3 MB, 1024x432
>>659208708
>>
>>659189863
Anakin's reasons for going to the Dark Side are completely logical, it's the execution in the movies that makes it so cringe. Anakin even explain's how he came down the path. potential Jedi are taken very young as in to take them before they can develop an attachment to anyone. "Attachment is forbidden" As living beings we tend to lose sight when it comes to things or beings we are emotionally attached to. Portman and Christensen gave off no chemistry. Christensen played way too much whiny bitch instead of frustrated Jedi. and the pivital scene where Anakin full out betrays the Jedi and helps kill Windu is the least convincing emotional toll I've ever scene. Hayden's acting near single handedly killed II and III. and I is no where near as bad as people make it out to be. It's just hip to hate the prequels apparently
>>
>>659208978
This
>>
>>659204535
Sheev killed Maul right? or almost. But Savage was toast for sure
>>
File: milfalb.webm (3 MB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
milfalb.webm
3 MB, 1024x432
>>659209093
>>
File: milfalc.webm (3 MB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
milfalc.webm
3 MB, 1024x432
>>659209168
>>
>>659204678
no, nobody gave a fuck.
>>
File: kylorey5_7155.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
kylorey5_7155.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>659209228
>>
File: kylorey5_9356.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
kylorey5_9356.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>659209297
>>
He died because his style of lightsaber combat takes enormous amounts of energy and stamina, and QGG was getting old and his body was not able to keep up for great lengths of time like in that fight.
>>
File: milfald.webm (3 MB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
milfald.webm
3 MB, 1024x432
>>659209357
>>
>>659208541
Worst fucking plan ever. The Jedi are supposed to push aside anger and emotion, but somehow Qui Gon's master plan is to die so that Obi Wan goes crazy and gets his ass kicked only to win with a lucky strike and die himself to become a ghost that does nothing and have the empire still crush the Republic anyway? Bravo.
>>
>>659209101
It's "completely logical" to hate the prequels.
>>
File: StarkillerBase.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
StarkillerBase.webm
2 MB, 720x304
>>659209421
>>
>>659209372
Or in other words in a sword fight to the death dancing sucks as a fighting technique.
>>
>>659209372
It's as simple as this. Qui-Gon was older, Maul was in peak physical strength and had many years of life or death training where the Jedi have been mostly uncontested in combat. Anyone who thinks Qui-Gon ment to die is a fucking idiot
>>
>>659209606
Kek
>>
>>659206015
Oh hey, someone watched Plinketts review as well.
Good going, buddy.
>>
>>659208708
Straight up hitler in this scene
>>
>>659205996
>How can a writer copy himself?
>And oh I must have missed the part where we meet a stormtrooper protagonist, and the part where a whole village is massacred by the empire, ect
>http://mashable.com/2015/12/23/force-awakens-is-no-remake/#q3DRb_aCGsqf

you must be joking son.

ANH had han and luke dress as stormtroopers for a long segment of the leia rescue mission. plus stormtrooper massacre jawas and lukes family.

the script is nearly the same.
>>
>>659209482
Anyone else thought it was dumb how they made another deathstar? And yes, it is basically another death star as far as the plot of the movie goes.
I mean, was it really necessary to have a third deathstar blow up? And yet again by exploiting some ridiculous weakness? Did we have to push for nostalgia that hard?
I didn't add anything to the movie. You'd think retrieving Rey would be reason enough for 8 or so X-wings to attack. I mean, that was all they send. Han and Finn had private reasons and that aside, the resistance sent like 8 fighters to help out.
Which again makes you think: Is nobody asking themselves how an entire planet can be destroyed with a fighter squadron?
>>
>>659204766
>being this much of a failure

it's the exact storyline that Disney -is- following
>>
>>659205555
Quads of truth
>>
Qui Gon was a Sith, he was the guy who ordered the clone army, and also the master of palpatine. George Lucas just didn't had the balls to make it clear and chosed to keep the childish pattern in the saga.
>>
>>659209606
>>659209624
Can you guys please stop pulling shit out of your asses?
>>
>>659186366
This is the correct answer. Qui Gon knew upon death he would transcend. Maybe he died to show Obi Wan something, or to commune with another Jedi spirit.Not sure.
>>
>>659205495
He is ?
>>
>>659186836
No, it's not that bad, you sound 11
>>
>>659212102
Get you EU bullshit outta here.
He died like a bitch and that's the end of it.
>>
>>659199897
>But while Hayden Christensen's character was dumb, but it wasn't really Christensen's fault. He did what he could with the lines he was given.

I dunno man, he didn't do a lot with those lines. e.g. in that scene where Anakin pledges his devotion to Palpatine in return for saving Padme, Hayden has this really odd, syncopated pacing with his speech, like if Sinatra or Christopher Walken was reading the lines. Nothing that he said had any kind of emotion behind it, or it was so slowly delivered it just didn't make sense at all regardless of the horrible writing.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.