[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abolish Tipping. Why the fuck do american servers beg and mooch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 7
File: american bullshit.jpg (58 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
american bullshit.jpg
58 KB, 576x835
Abolish Tipping.

Why the fuck do american servers beg and mooch for money? Why do they fight for their right to do so?

Typical American server: "I hate having to be nice to creepy men for my living wage,"

Oh why dont we get rid of tips and just pay you 20$ an hour then?

"I love tips they are great I make lots and lots of money don't get rid of tips pleaaaaase I need them. they help me in-between college and a career"

Cooks do not receive tips, and generally make far less to do much harder work, sweating next to hot ovens and moving constantly.

"Well then pay cooks more dont get rid of muh tips!"

All you americans are like this: Large corporations like Walmart hire thousands of workers at 20 hours a week, and then sign them onto food stamps, passing the burden of wages onto the american taxpayer. Same thing here, the restaurateur wants to take more vacations, so he shifts the burden of paying his employees fair wages to us, the diners.

"But i love tipping! My boss will just charge you more!"

I don't care. I'd rather things were honest, and your boss told you exactly what your salary is, and I know exactly how much I will pay for this food, without having to calculate if you deserve 10%, 12%, or 15%, or 8% if you sucked, or no tip. Wouldn't you rather have an income you could budget around, where you know exactly how much you'll make?

"No, I NEED MY TIPS"

Don't you realize that fighting for your right to act like a mooch to hungry people makes you a pawn of your boss? That he loooooves what you're doing, because he only has to pay you 2$ an hour?
>>
I have a checklist when I go out to eat. If the waiter/waitress don't follow my list their tips go down until there is no tip.

I don't tip very often, I explain to them afterwards when they give me a dirty stare why I didn't to help them improve and they tend to ignore it and complain about how they don't make anything and I shouldn't go out and how it's so hard.
I tend to just walk out when they start to bitch
>>
>>645978349
>>645978918

Kill yourselves
>>
>>645979538
Unless you can be open and honest about why we should keep tipping, i'll always oppose it, and i'll always be in favor of a higher base wage.

All i hear from you is
fuck you
im poor
you're too poor to go out
fuck you
BUT I NEED THOSE

stop being secretive and tell me why you want tips.
>>
>>645978349
>>645978918
I spit in your food already tbh
>>
>>645978349
Are you kidding? Tips are how every service industry should work, in an ideal world. Most people feel obligated to pay at least a certain amount, so it provides steady income. A lot of people with shittons of disposable wealth tip way more than they have to, which helps with redistribution of wealth. Service employees are incentivized to provide higher quality service because a happy customer gives a better chance of a large tip, while an upset customer might just not pay shit.

If all of the service industry functioned on a tip model, the bar for good customer service would be raised, pay all around would be higher, and people working in shitty jobs would have pride in what they do. If you worked in a print shop and busted your ass on some big order for two days, and made it fucking perfect, and then that customer dropped you like a 200 dollar tip, you'd feel amazing. You'd be so proud. The way it works now, there's no incentive for you to work fast or do a better job. You're going to make the same 9 dollars an hour either way. And most of the service industry is like that, there's no REASON to even give a shit about your job, or take pride in what you do.

Waiting tables is one of the only jobs getting it right.
>>
>>645979895
>advocates for higher base pay for restaurant employees
>they spit in my food

Why so angry?
>>
Is there a more entitled group of people than American wait staff?
>>
>>645978349
>>645978918
>>645979895
what if i live in Australia where waiters are given minimum wage aren't salty little bitches
>>
Some people tip, some people don't tip. It's their choice.
For every person who doesn't tip, how many do tip?
Stop acting like entitled brats and get on with your work.
>>
heres my opinion and your welcome to disagree but whats the difference between a tipping and non-tipping system, one is a level of service and the other is a responsobility of the customer.

statements like that that say that you should tell the server before? why? like theyd give you a lower level of service, well then they dont deserve to have a job because thats discrimination. It provides an unnerving request and makes an uncomfortable environment.

A full wage makes a more reliable source of income aswell as removing the uncomfortable need to request money from your customers more from what they already pay for.
>>
>>645979890
Well then don't tip, faggot. More power to you.

But now you want to take away money from waiters just so you don't feel guilty for not tipping.

Do you see the conundrum?
>>
>>645981881
its not about taking money away its about providing a reliable wage income
>>
>>645981881
>advocates for HIGHER base pay
>taking money away

really?
>>
>>645981724
It's called above and beyond
>>
>>645982124
Higher base pay with no tips means less money, you stupid retarded faggot.
>>
>>645981881
if anything its the businesses that take advantage of their staff
>>
>>645982205
its called a reliable income fucking american dumbcunt
>>
>>645982127
sun and moon?
>>
>>645982208
Waiters make shit loads of cash from tips, far more than a buisness could ever afford to pay them, even if the restaurant took a huge pay cut to pay the wait staff, which takes away from the customer's experience.
>>
>>645980933
>Waiting tables is one of the only jobs getting it right.
No it's not, a $50 steak brought to the table vs. a $10 sandwich is the same amount of effort, but entitled little shits get angry if they're not tipped the 20% of $50 (lmao $10 to bring me a fuckin hunk of meat on a plate, w0w so effort much job). The disgusting part is that by now, it's institutionalized because most restaurants/deliveries don't actually count tips for tax purposes, they just assume a percent of the bill so now these workers actually have a "reason".

Abolish retarded tipping systems, increase wages across the board, and fire employees who can't do their SERVICE job correctly by servicing the customer properly.
>>
>>645982372
Fork and spoon
>>
>>645980933
>If all of the service industry functioned on a tip model, the bar for good customer service would be raised, pay all around would be higher, and people working in shitty jobs would have pride in what they do.

A shitty waiter will always be a shitty waiter even if they're not tipped.

Plus studies show that people who use credit cards tend to tip more. Studies show that if waiters draw a smiley face on the check, tipping is usually increased by 5%. People do not tip for service, they are not objective enough to.
>>
>>645982278
Tipping is reliable income you fucking faggot

Except when retards like you don't tip, who the exception to the rule

Do you see why everyone hates you?
>>
I have no problem with tipping.

However, I don't think servers and the like have any room to bitch. They took the job knowing there wouldn't be a guaranteed wage. You don't see salesmen bitching when they don't make a sale; they just work that much harder to get the next sale. Same concept.

So stop bitching when you don't get tipped.
>>
>>645982557
that except there means its not reliable
pls go back to school ty
>>
>>645978349
That's fine. Then work to change the law. Don't just stop tipping these workers. It's not their fault the law is fucked and business is screwing them and you.
>>
>>645978349
Sure, I want to tip. I go to eat to the restaurant because I fucking care about your problems and I want to do a good action.

Topkek. If I have spare $5 bill, I'll give it to a hobo without a job instead.
>>
>>645978918
so much autist
>>
>>645982557
thank fuck i live in a normal country not with these faggots
>>
>>645982512
You're right so take money away from the quality of the food and the quality of the restaurant and raise the overall price of the food, making it even less desirable than a grocery visit.

Why even have restaurants? Let's just get rid of em.
>>
File: 1433523039362.jpg (116 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1433523039362.jpg
116 KB, 500x500
>>645981214
>>
I don't tip because I live in a country where my laws pertaining to minimum wage isn't based on the charity of strangers, things cost the price they are said to cost.
>>
>>645982429
"Abolish retarded tipping systems, increase wages across the board, and fire employees who can't do their SERVICE job correctly by servicing the customer properly."

restaurant owner here.
is this cutthroat industry, any full-service restaurant that decides to adopt your brilliant policies will be out of business within a month or two.

go back to community college
>>
>>645982429
The level of service you get at a restaurant serving a $50 steak is superior to the level of service you get at TGI Fridays faggot......
>>
Servers make far more money than any other employee in the restaurant, other than the owner. They try to avoid saying this, and whine about how difficult and poor they are and how customers are big meanies, but they make a shitload of untaxed income and try to keep that a secret. And heaven forbid one person doesn't tip them, they'll immediately upload a photo of the receipt onto twitter.
>>
>>645982751
It is reliable you goddamn moron. If the base wage is not met by tips, the waiter is paid by the restaurant, which tells them who gives better service and who doesn't stand up to par, thus a higher standard of waiter is kept on the wait staff overall.
>>
>>645983057
>Restaurant owner here
>Go back to community college
The irony
>>
>>645982836
Right, thats why there are no restaurants in eurofag countries, and everyone there always cooks all their meals. And eurofag restaurants are known to be shittier than american restaurants. okay
>>
>>645983059
Did you forget about the restaurants that serve both? They're quite common, once you leave the basement :o)
>>
>>645983059
This is a bullshit assumption. I've received shitty service getting a $100 meal for two, and I've had excellent service on a $20 tab at Applebee's.
>>
>>645978349
if you have to ask about tipping, you are a eurocuck, or a nig. either way you don't know shit about class.

if you have to ask, just eat a pile of cheese at mcdonalds
>>
>>645983057
says the boy who dropped out of high school to work in his dad's restaurant.
>>
I'm a shitty waiter in America and I tamper with people's food all the time. The fact that the tip actually makes me feel more empowered. Right now I have a bottle of Lexapro pills ground up that can't be tied back to me and I mix it in stuff I can get away with. It's enough to make their stupid kids sick for a couple days.
>>
>>645983182
>implying a successful business owner is a failure

Oh, so what, you're the CEO of a fortune 500 company or something? Or maybe you're just in college and think you're gonna be hired out of it with some kind of 600k per year job.
>>
>>645983277
No you're right all those restaurants never have any struggle to stay open and there isn't twenty times as many resturaunts in America.

Why do you think we're so fat?
>>
>>645978918
If they don't know your arbitrary set of conditions in the first place, how are they supposed to meet or exceed your standards? You're just autistic and they aren't mind readers, and since they're not just serving YOU (with your inability to get out of your own ass, you egotist), your checklist is of no use to them when presented AFTER the fact, captain hindsight.

With that said, the tip system is fucking broken. Instead of having one boss, it's like you have a main boss that sucks and pays you shit for bussing services, and then every customer you serve is another boss that pays a share of your wages based on arbitrary standards that aren't made known in the first place, so the only incentive is to not completely fail to get the food out or refill drinks because exceptional service is not standardized and your tips are going to vary regardless.
>>
>>645979538
server detected. kill YOURself you bottom wrung of societies ladder.
>>
>>645978918
Actually kill yourself
>>
>>645983297
If you're ordering a burger at a restaurant that serves $50 steaks as well, you're an imbecile.
>>
>>645983536
You can poison food whether or not you make tips from it.

See, it takes a person willing to commit potential man slaughter to not be bothered by working harder for tips.
>>
>>645978349

Tipping is a class act to show a great service. You do it when someone serves you food, you do it when someone valets your car, you do it when someone checks your bags and takes care of them. Jobs like that are about going above and beyond to make sure your customer is completely satisfied. And if you don't tip so what I will make enough that your cheap ass doesn't hurt my daily take.
>>
>>645983536
>I'm a shitty waiter in America

Yeah, I'm sure you're not a buttmad unemployed government autism checks faggot in Euroland
>>
>>645983536
wait.... so you just poison the food before you even know if they are good tippers or not? That's not really applicable to the current discussion. That just makes you a sociopath.
>>
>>645983740
Jesus christ for someone without an education nor a real job, you sure are entitled.

Dude, we don't owe you shit. And among the shit we don't owe you : the list of our conditions we deem appropriate to tip you.

Fuck, you are the reason I never tip. The entitlement of you slobs is just mind bugling. You are paid to serve me. I don't come to a restaurant to hear you rant nor to get you free money, I'm a client not your boss, so put my meal on the plate and do your fucking job.
>>
>>645983536

Don't cut yourself on those edges m8!
>>
>>645978918

okay sure Dick Solomon
>>
>>645978349
go watch Reservoir Dogs, Mr Pink
>>
>>645984078
>buttmad unemployed government autism checks faggot in Euroland

Not unless he's a "Syrian refugee" these days
>>
>>645983057
Yeah, surely doesn't work for every other country in the world.
>>
>>645984187
I guess everyone who replied to you is a dirty waiter as well.

>You're a waiter
>And YOU'RE a waiter
>Everybody is a filthy table bird

>"May I take your order sir"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>645984170
>sociopath

That term hasn't been used in the academic literature for many years. If anything it would be psychopath, and very few people are psychopaths. Most convicted felons are not psychopaths.
>>
>>645983935
>Missing the point
>>
>>645984476
It doesn't, you faggot. We're literally one of the fattest modern countries in the world because our tipping system works so well.

There are restaurants in other places

There are far more here

Get

It
>>
>>645984626
If you are advocating for the tiping system and you are a waiter, you are retarded but at least you are advocating for your interest. Sort of.

If you're not a waiter and you are advocating for a system that fuck up everyone, starting by you as a customer, you are purely autistic. There's no way around it. So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, out of generosity. That's my way to tip.
>>
>>645978349
>MUH TIPS
You serve, what, eight in an hour?
Let's assume they leave a $5 tip for their meal.
No, fuck that, let's assume half of them don't tip.
5x8x.5=20
You're making 20 an hour. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>645984966
>If you disagree with me you have a case of autism

Silly goose, that's not true.
>>
>>645984718
No, if you're going to a restaurant that serves $50 steaks and you just order a $10 burger, you're obviously just trying to go to a fancy restaurant that you really can't afford to be in. The server will see that you ordered the cheapest thing on the menu, probably just with water, and treat you like the pleb that you are. You've wasted his time so you can feel better about your tiny cock.
>>
>>645984689
really? my exbf was diagnosed socio, but that was like 10 11 years ago
>>
>>645985212
Why does the existence of a $10-$50 menu range make you so insecure, bottom-feeder?
>>
>>645985131
Give me one good reason to give any money to a waiter. One good reason.

And before you do so, operate under the assumption I don't give a shit about your problems or the way you perceive me.
>>
>>645984968
>8 tables in an hour

wtf retard
>>
>>645985390
Kid, just give up, you've been curb stomped.
>>
>>645984968
Wait staff don't make minimum wage because their wage is supposed to supplemented through tips.

If they'd pay staff minimum wage then I'd say tipping should be abolished but until that happens you gotta tip.

It's fucking retarded, but that's the way it is.
>>
>>645984966
>If I don't take my pills I see waiters
>In my bedroom, on the walls, up in trees
>They always ask me to tip them for shitty service but I stand firm in my beliefs so they can't jew me out of my hard earned money
>>
>>645985497
>Works in a restaurant
>kid
topkek
>>
>>645985402
well, the guy owning the restaurant? Chad Duncan? He's so stupid he couldn't make it in college so his daddy had to hire him at a franchise restaurant.

Anyways, Chad over there is going to go out of business if we get rid of tipping, because the only thing keeping his shittily managed shitty business afloat is the fact that sheeple are paying his employees wages.

Luckily idiots are lining up to tip, ensuring that every year Chad gets a new range rover

please, think of the Chads
>>
>>645985425
>tables
people.
>>
>>645978918
You should think about jumping off a bridge.
>>
>>645985402
Because making the resturaunt pay for the wage means lower restaurant quality and higher food prices, you braindead faggot.
>>
>>645985657
>please, think of the Chads
>operate under the assumption I don't give a shit about your problems

Another shot maybe ?
>>
>>645985531
>op here
agree 100%. Change the system, keep participating in it until its changed
>>
File: steve-busemi.jpg (196 KB, 805x356) Image search: [Google]
steve-busemi.jpg
196 KB, 805x356
>>645978349

What really pisses me off is that in washington state where im from. Servers cannot be paid less than minimum wage but people here still think they are entitled to tips.. Fuck that I am not tipping unless you go above and beyond what is ultimately regular service.
>>
>>645982613
You are my hero

This /thread
>>
>>645985619
Nobody said anything about working in a restaurant. I can just recognize a cheap little poser like you. Stay mad, poor, and stupid kiddo. The rest of us will dine in places you shouldn't be allowed in, and tip properly because we aren't failures at life.
>>
>>645985531
They do make minimum wage if they don't make it up in tips, dumbass.
>>
>>645985799
>operate under the assumption I don't give a shit about your problems

You may try again as much as you like
>>
>>645985852

Why change the system if people are still participating in it, waiting for it to be changed.
>>
Waiter here at a fairly popular chain

I rubbed my ballsacks on a ladies toast once. Another time I jerked in the bathroom at work but before that I stuck some of my precum on a ladies Salad. It's immensely satisfying watch people eat their food after u fucked with it.

Tip or my semen is in your food
>>
>>645985799
>Sheltered American thinks the rest of the world doesn't have restaurants
Your country has lived but a blip on the radar of others, stop thinking your crumbling economic model is working, trillion-dollar-debt-shitlord.
>>
>>645985702
so, in your world everyone eats alone? yeah, that makes sense.

>cut to anon eating microwave mac n' cheese while sitting on a milk crate
>>
>>645985874
good man
>>
>>645985799
.....no it doesn't, retard. There are three options:
Owners cut their personal expenses. Most will do this.
Wait staff will only make a mere 15$ an hour. many salty tears.
Restaurants will start buying circus grade meat. they will go out of business. fuck them i dont care.
>>
>>645978349
There are much worse thing going on and basically we are all debt-slaves. People shouldn't get such deplorable wage that they need tip to get by in the first place.

It's ridiculous.
>>
>>645985937
Your entitlement is showing, minimum wage peon
>>
>>645986017
>Higher food prices and lower quality resturants
>"DUH I SAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS"

God fucking dammit you're stupid. Thank god though, I wasn't sure about the tipping system but now I know for sure that only retards like you don't tip.
>>
>go to chink restaurant for months in new town
>always go pick up my food after work
>one day the whole family is there doing shit around the restaurant
>paying for my food and this old chink cunt asks me why I never tip
>tell her its because I am picking up my food
>she doesnt understand, girl who is checking me out looks embarrassed as the old cunt just presses the issue for a long ass time
>never go back

fuck the chinks, I like Indian now.
>>
>>645986110
We have more, shit for brains
>>
>>645986037
>>645983536
Str8 cucks
>>
>>645982613
Sorry, the illegals took all the low-skill construction / farm jobs. Serving is about all that's left for those that can't afford college. The only reason the illegals haven't stolen the wait staff jobs too is because they can't fucking speak English.
>>
>>645986037
Pics or it didn't happen.

You didn't fuck with anyones food.

You got all butthurt and said you would next time they would come in.

But they never did.
>>
Europe masterrace here.

Our servers make minimum wage so we don't have to tip.

Some of us do tip tho, but only if:

1. We can't be bothered with 1,27тВм change
2. The server is hot as fuck
3. The server actually EARNED his/her tip, by being super friendly, fast and doing an exceptionally well job in general.

Fuck you if you think I'll tip you if you just bring me my shit.
>>
>>645986315
Niggaplease. Whats the point in paying less for food if you have to give money to the retard that brings it on your table ? Give me the food and I'll pay the price. I'm paying for that, and the price of your service is included in the bill.
>>
>>645986271
lol, stay mad faggot. You lost this fight a while ago.
>>
>>645986427
>The only reason the illegals haven't stolen the wait staff jobs too is because they can't fucking speak English.

Just wait till the sjw feminist fuckjobs make that a unacceptable reason not to hire them.
>>
>>645986156
>The resturaunt will go out of buisness and have lower quality food

That's literally what you just said wouldn't happen you fucktard.
>>
>>645986117
The fuck are you even talking about?
Tips are a percentage of the bill. The bill is per person. It doesn't matter how many tables they're at.
>>
UK here, waiters get minimum wage so I don't tip. Wtf I worked for minimum wage in a job that didn't tip
>>
>>645986525
You're a fucking moron

You'd be paying twice as much for half the quality of food, as well as watching paint peel from the walls and the toilets breaking in all the bathrooms.

Or you could pay the exact same price that you would pay anyway and not have to look at smelly bathrooms and eat grade F meat, but nah, you don't like tipping huh?

You're exactly as stupid as you're afraid you are.
>>
>>645978918
My nigga
>>
>>645978349
Do you even work at a restaurant?
>$20 is ridiculous for a job requiring no education
>Cooks are paid more
>Servers need to be nice, a tip is an incentive for the server to be nice as the more the customer likes server the more money the server gets.
>If you don't tip, and don't comeback great. If you do we will fuck you on your next meal. Expect an hour and a half wait time while the server ignores you.
> If you don't want to tip go to a fast food joint where nobody cares about you. If you want a sit down meal with a person dedicated your wants and needs go to a restaurant.
>Also tips are collected same day and are not recorded or taxed unlike regular pay.
>Additionally restaurants aren't very stable, some days they have nothing, some are packed because of special irregular events. Tips allow pay to fluctuate with these times. Rewarding busy servers with more pay, while saving money during slow periods in which they do nothing but talk to other servers.

Lastly and most importantly restaurants are run by their owners and they decide how people are paid in their business. Your fucking suggestions mean dogshit because its not your business and you are not the one getting paid. Now if you were a server and wanted to start some union of servers calling to abolish the tipping system that would be a different story, but as you said "I love tips they are great I make lots and lots of money don't get rid of tips pleaaaaase I need them. they help me in-between college and a career" "But i love tipping! My boss will just charge you more!" (he will) "No, I NEED MY TIPS"
>>
>>645985799
Idk how your country opperates, but if a restaurant has high prices and shitty food, i dont fucking eat there
>>
>>645986674
>It doesn't matter how many tables they're at.

Right, because eight people at one table is the same as eight people at eight different tables. Totally the same. No additional logistics involved at all.

You're dumb.
>>
>>645978349

OP I know your post is Troll Bait however someone people believe it

those people dont understand the restuarant business.... at good places like the one I work at they go home with 400 - 700 in a night, they only work 1 or 2 nights a week but that is their income most of them are studying.

If it was hourly servers wouldnt have your interest first. It would be the business and our food industry would start to suck over time.

also no one would want to be servers... and you cant just pay 20 an hour for any position or you wont have a business ahhaha.

im a dish washer for now, I wont go into why I landed here at age 30 but im crawling back to life. THe nice restaurant business is where you want to serve... thats where the money is, and dont be afraid.. all the servers are cool most of the time they are all also on drugs or at least smoke weed.

and dont be intimidated by the nice places.... all the workers are middle class most likely living with roommates.

its fun, fast paced and lots of chances to hook up with each other.
>>
>>645986965

>If you pay the tip the quality of the food magically improve
>It's like you have an effect in global economics when you go the the restaurant

I'm not that powerful. Even if tiping had an effect on the overall quality of the service (which it doesn't) the fact I as an individual do not tip will bear no significant impact on it.

So not an acceptable reason. Try again.
>>
>>645981437
then you dont need to tip you retarded abo
>>
>>645986988
Then the amount or resturaunts that you won't want to eat at will be higher in places without a tipping system, and lower in a place that institutes one.

It's literally an economic rate, regardless of your personal opinion.
>>
>>645986427
If by "can't afford college" you mean "can't pick and succeed at a degree that will offset the cost of college after taking loans", then yes, they should definitely stay out of college and keep working minimum wage. I don't think that justifies any saltiness over having to work minimum wage, though.
>>
>>645986493
European here as well

Do Americans really tip everywhere?

Like, if they go to the cofee shop and order a croissant and a coffee, do they tip the waiter?

I have never tipped in my life, but my parents have whenever they went to classy restaurants(the kind of place rich people and politicians and shit like to go to).
>>
>>645987243
>>If I tip the quality of the food will magically improve

Haha holy shit retard. If the owner has to pay out of pocket for the wage of the staff, how can the quality be maintained as before?

You're like a child. You can't even reason properly.
>>
>>645984869
>We're fatasses so that proves tipped minimum wage works
Oh my god, I've never seen such Ameritard logic
>>
OP has typical level of american arrogance and attitude directed towards americans, within know how the fuck america really is. Most servers get paid below minimum wage, which is already not a livable wage. Lots of people favor a strait forward, set, livable wage. The problem is the politicians are in the corporarions pockets and they oppose it because they would lose money. That and republicans are brainwashes into believing that by opposing abortion and denying global warming they are magically a part of the small wealthy portion even though they live in a shit trailer park
>>
>>645987243
I agree
>>
>>645987542
Funny how faggots like you think it's noble for illegals to work low skill jobs, but a white who is poor or dim-witted is a massive failure.

Keep sucking that cock anon, you're dumb as shit.
>>
>>645987579
>Like, if they go to the cofee shop and order a croissant and a coffee, do they tip the waiter?

That's a cashier, not a waiter. Generally they have a tip jar for if you get change back, you can dump a couple coins in and it's split between the employees.
>>
>>645987176
So what you are saying is that there is no working food industry in Germany or anywhere in Europe for example? I worked in a restaurant for a while - i got 7.80тВм/h was friendly to the guests and did my job as i was told to. Do you want to know why? Because i was a student at university and had no qualification to be paid more. Waiting is a non-education job. Deal with low wages or learn something.
>>
>>645987359
And thats perfectly fine with me. I vote with my dollars, my hard earned cash from working a job that pays a decent wage
>>
>>645987617
My part of the deal if paying for the godamn food. Not to pay someone else's workers.

If you can't pay your workers, don't start a business or do the service yourself, faggot. Either way it's not my concern.

I'll eat, and I won't tip, and you will say thanks, until you give me a reason to do so.

Miss any of your obligation and I'll report your ass.
>>
File: 634745757.jpg (25 KB, 427x613) Image search: [Google]
634745757.jpg
25 KB, 427x613
>>645984869
>There are far more here
>>
>>645987665
Can you deny it, retard?

Also I'm probably in better shape than you, but that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>645987727
Op is a moron, but so are you.
>>
So old.

As an American I'd be in favor of switching server jobs to a 20/h median wage. Of course, considering inflation, $20/h is still less real money than minimum wage was a few decades ago.

Of course, considering *actual* American minimum wage is literally about 50% below poverty level, that's not saying much about our state of affairs other than WE ARE SERIOUSLY FUCKED here in america. Whether a server wants to be fucked with tips or without tips is sort of a moot debate except that servers would male more I'd they had a higher paying steady salary so cheap fucks like OP could allow the employer to help pay the miserable wage of the server rather than the consumer.
>>
>>645987082
It doesn't matter to their pay, no.
>>
>>645987579

Seems like they do... And the best thing actually is:

They get fucked by their bosses (paying them shit), and they let out their frustration on their customers.

God bless America
>>
>>645987965
Yeah, actually I can deny it. There's a whole bunch of scientifically supported reasons why obesity is becoming an epidemic, and not a single one of them has anything to do with the economic viability of running a restaurant.
>X and Y are topically related
>therefore X causes Y
Let me know how the inside of your ass smells
>>
>>645987802
>a white who is poor
If they're poor and smart, they take loans and then get a job to offset the loans. That was my entire post. That's what I did, and I'm finishing paying off the last of mine this year.
> or dim-witted is a massive failure.
I didn't call anyone a failure, I said if you can't do anything worth notable value then you should work the job that pays you minimum value. What's your point cuck?
>>
>>645987930
>My part of the deal if paying for the godamn food. Not to pay someone else's workers.

Shit logic. You'd be doing that anyway even without a tip system. You're just saying stupid shit to get mad about, like a ham fisted retard.

>If you can't pay your workers, don't start a business or do the service yourself, faggot. Either way it's not my concern.

Who the fuck are you to tell a buisness owner how to run his buisness?

>I'll eat, and I won't tip, and you will say thanks, until you give me a reason to do

I'm not a waiter, bro. You're projecting like a serial killer who stabs hookers while screaming mommy over and over.
>>
>>645988109
You make a really powerful point, but are also blinded by the same thing American servers are. Just like servers have the wrong target for their angst, so do you in your discontent of tipping.

Considering American employers are so highly skilled at minimizing theor costs and getting their consumers and employees to cover them, perhaps this thead should be titled "Americans need to demand fairer wages and a ties society, you're all being scammed and it's the fault of your employers, not the employees or the consumer's fault."

Isn't it interesting how we're all pitted again each other when at the same time we know who we should actually be targeting, but don't because we know we can't reach them?
>>
>>645988478
>You'd be doing that anyway even without a tip system
No. I pay for the food+service. I'm giving my bills to the restaurent, not to you. What happens to the money when it leaves my hands is not of my business.

>Who the fuck are you to tell a buisness owner how to run his buisness?

I think you misread "either way, I don't care". And when I write I don't care, I mean it.
You can be paid 100k a year or in food stamps, I give no shit as long as you fulfill your obligations. And I'll make sure that you will.

>I'm not a waiter, bro.

I'll consider you as a waiter for the length of this discussion because there is no way a rational person could defend the tipping system without benefiting from it.
>>
>>645988887

Nice quints. NOT
>>
>>645988347
>cuck
>blatantly sucks illegal cocks

lol, stfu fag
>>
>>645988272
Jesus christ, you're angry about a completely innocuous statement aren't you? It's more of a joke because the main point is completely accurate. The United States has a higher rate of resturants than in Britain or wherever. Stop trying to teach me logic when you can't even understand that the main point is completely valid, and that breaking down an anecdotal statement justifying it doesn't change the reality.
>>
>>645988772
>Isn't it interesting how we're all pitted again each other when at the same time we know who we should actually be targeting, but don't because we know we can't reach them?

It is. We could, if we worked together.
>>
This is my exact position on tipping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7-L1hVjgA
>>
>>645988887
>I'll consider you as a waiter for the length of this discussion because there is no way a rational person could defend the tipping system without benefiting from it

Kek. if someone disagrees with you they're a dirty, dirty waiter.

See
>>645984626
>>
>>645988772
All the people that aren't mad and stupid ITT already know that. The wage law needs to be changed and fuck businesses that are so shitty that they can't operate unless they have slave labor. That goes for all businesses, agriculture specifically.
>>
>>645983059
>Doesn't understand that there are several hundred dollar discrepancies in expensive wine
>Literally poor
>>
>>645989333
Nice trips tho.
And like I said to the fag you linked, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. That's a gift I do to you, because I think it's more humane to think you're a waiter than a retarded kid.
>>
>>645989338
>Business
>Run without slave labor

Can those words be used in the same sentence?
>>
>>645989443
>>Doesn't understand that there are several hundred dollar discrepancies in expensive wine

>Doesn't understand dining or wine or tipping
>is literally a huge faggot
>>
>>645989053
Your main point isn't valid just because you're able to string together pieces of information with no basis or evidence. Here, let me try
>fast food is the most unhealthy
>you don't tip at fast food restaurants
>so having restaurants where you tip makes people healthier
And for the record, the UK's obesity rate is higher than the US's, so way to shoot yourself in the foot there.
>>
>>645989549
Kek

No wonder you don't tip, you're furious at the world to the point where you hallucinate that Olive Garden employees are out on the internet to get your money.
>>
>>645978349
none of these arguments make sense. i've never heard of any waiter who would reject $20/hr in favor of tips. And, keeping in mind that waitstaff are paid ~$3/hr, how the fuck are you arguing that cooks make way less?

2/10 because you made me reply
>>
>>645989766
Hey

Cunt

I'm not trying to prove that statement

Because you can look it up
>>
>>645989819
I'm just saying I don't tip and guys on this board say they will jerk on food.

How do you come to that conclusion ?
>>
>>645983686
Because of the availability fast food and processed convenience meals. Unless you somehow think McDonalds and Taco Bell are the pinnacle of culinary art and service your argument holds no water. American citizens aren't getting fat from eating at Le Bernardin three times a day.
>>
>>645989947
"statements were not meant to be factual"
backpedal harder, faggot. At least now we know why you're working in a restaurant.
>>
>>645983686
>and there isn't twenty times as many resturaunts in America.

Why the fuck do you think this is a fact?
>>
Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
God damn butthurt americunts.

Here's what's really happening.
Corporations rule your fucking country and fuck you in the ass every day, and you complain every day.
>we are the 99%
But then when it comes to tipping you don't give a fuck because you think you actually need these, when it's just your employer buttfucking you. This is why corporations rule your country. BECAYSE YOU LET THEM.

Same shit with guns.
>people die from guns
>WE NEED MOAR GUNS

>people getting payed shit
>WE NEED MOAR TIPS

The problem is the fucking corporations that you let butt fuck you.
>>
>>645989968
>How did you come to that conclusion

>"I'll consider you as a waiter for the length of this discussion"

You're retarded and you have bad memory? That's a wicked combo dude. Not to mention you think waiters are out to get you.

This is the type of person who lives in a society where tipping is customary and does not.

A wildly hallucinating retard with bad memory.

Top lel please go get your food spit on some more
>>
I don't tip because the money go to the servers and nothing goes towards the ones that actually make my food. I rather go to the balcony, say what I want and come back later to pick it up than paying someone to bring it to me and be paid more after tips than the cook itself.

If a place divides the tips between ALL employees, I do not care about tipping.
>>
File: 619-00767802em.jpg (49 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
619-00767802em.jpg
49 KB, 450x299
Growing up, I worked jobs as a caddy, bus boy, waiter, then bartender before graduating. Honestly, if you don't tip, you're either a nigger or you're a fucking douche bag. If you're gonna get emotional about $4 - $7, you obviously don't make enough money in the first place. Tipping is fun and charming. Have fun trying to fuck that bitch you're taking out after some waitress just went off on you for being a cheap asshole. If you don't tip at bars, have fun finding it more and more difficult to get a drink as time goes on and being sober by the end of the night.

But I kinda feel you OP. Honestly, I have zero sympathy for the kind of waitress you say you've encountered and she sounds dumb as fuck. First off, you never go off on a customer because you represent the image of the company/restaurant you work for. Secondly, if you're getting this emotional over this ONE table's tip (or lack thereof) that either means one of three things: 1.) This restaurant doesn't have enough clientelle to pay you well. 2.) You're a shitty waiter/waitress that's been making equally shitty tips. 3.) You're employed at a retaurant in the ghetto or in a neighboring community and you should get a job someplace else.

Btw- as a side note, jews tip generously at restaurants. Just not at the bar or to a caddy.
>>
>>645990494
>Top lel please go get your food spit on some more
>Why don't customer tip me I'm so poor :'(

K I think I got my point across.
>>
>>645990203
I made a joke about our obesity that you simply

Simply

Cannot get over

Also I

Don't

Work

In

A

Rest

U

Ra

N

T

>>
>>645990669
*If a place divides the tips between ALL employees, I do not mind tipping.

Fixing it.
>>
>>645990691
Once again faggot, if some disagrees with you, they're a waiter and you already got up on them.

You need to take your pills you crazy dude
>>
>>645990812
>I'm not a waiter
>I'm not a waiterrrrr
>It is very important you accept I'm not a waiter !!!!

Trying this hard.
>>
>>645990692
>"I said something stupid and inaccurate"
"wtf it was a joke"
back
pedal
harder
>>
>>645990438
Don't equate this debate to guns. Niggers with guns are the problem, not regulation.

With tips and wages, regulation is the problem.
>>
Every faggot in American should be forced to wait tables for a year, and if you don't tip, don't go out to eat you cheap piece of shit.
>>
>>645990930
Top kek

>You're a waiter
Nah
>You're a waiter
Nah
>You're a waiter
Nah
>You're a waiter
Nah
>YOU'VE DENIED BEING A WAITER FOUR TIMES NOW
>I THINK THEE DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH

haha you're a trip dude
>>
>>645991084
>Everyone should be forced to waste time performing tasks beneath their talent just so the autistic cucks who can't do anything else feel validated in their entitlement
>>
>>645990930
Why do you have such a need for him to be a waiter? Maybe he's just a guy who thinks you're a retard. Personally, I think you're a retard too.
>>
>>645987802
yes, this website is mostly white. Its founder was a white male.

>>645987911

dub
>>
>>645991051
>niggers with guns are the problem
top kek
yes regulation is the fucking problem cuz any retard can get a fucking gun and shoot up a bunch of people with no tests done.
>>
>>645991345
>beneath their talent

Jerking off in the basement doesn't mean you have talent anon.
>>
>>645990969
No you're right you know exactly what I was thinking you stupid faggot

You stupid, stupid faggot.

Can you teach me your psychic tricks master? Pwetty pwease?

>I'm retarded so I'll just call it backpedaling

Looks like you're forward pedalling into a creek full of aids and hilarious embarassment
>>
>>645991051

>With tips and wages, regulation is the problem.

Deregulation is the problem. Being a waiter is a job and should be paid by the owners, not the clients. And it's not being a socialist than to say, it's the job of the state to insure companies act ethically and pay their workers according to their work.

What you see is just deregulated capitalism on crack, and a prime example of what happens when you don't keep owners on check.

>>645991133
>haha you're a trip dude
At least I'm not a waiter
>>
>>645986110
>its older so its better
>Greece economy
yeah okay idiot
>>
>>645991528
>At least I'm not a waiter

This is the first time in our little internet battle that I can agree with you. You've got that right, partner.
>>
>>645991528
fucking this
>>
>>645990682
>Have fun trying to fuck that bitch you're taking out after some waitress just went off on you for being a cheap asshole. If you don't tip at bars, have fun finding it more and more difficult to get a drink as time goes on and being sober by the end of the night.

Oh sweet, tipping is such a nice system because it allows waiters and bartenders to extort money from customers with the threat of denying them service or publically humiliating them, as opposed to treating them all well without acting like entitled little cunts.
I used to bartend before I got a "real" job and I was paid for my work by my employer. That's how it works where I'm from (EU). Tipping was completely optional but welcome, and everyone in the kitchen and wait staff got a share, adjusted for hours worked. The restaurant did absolutely fine.
>>
>>645991715
High five mate.

And if you leave me hanging, I'll have a talk with your boss
>>
>>645986110
o and also, alot of the the US debt is from bailing out shit-tier countries when their citizens start to kill eachother. even if we are only a blip, we're a blip thats collaborated with and saved other countries many times.
>>
>>645991436
>with no tests done
>background checks aren't enough
>felons can't buy guns is not enough
>mentally medicated can't buy guns is not enough
>we need some thought crime analysis done

Meanwhile blacks buy guns for $50 on the street and commit murder hours later. But you're right faggot, more laws will stop that.
>>
>>645991782
Both of you are wrong and stupid
>>
>>645991782
>Oh sweet, tipping is such a nice system because it allows waiters and bartenders to extort money from customers with the threat of denying them service or publically humiliating them

lol

>hurr durrrr not paying someone for work and being surprised that they won't do the the work anymore is being "entitled"

go die in a fire asstard
>>
>>645978349
I was in montreal last night

>Go to a club called "kingdom"
>Walk up the stairs into the club
>Lady takes my jacket and checks it in have to tip her
>Doorman directs me to the man who seats you
>Have to tip him
>Man frisks you and shows you to a seat
>Have to tip him
>Order a beer
>Overpriced as fuck AND HAVE TO TIP THEM
>Talk to a sexy alt blonde and agree to go back for a few dances
>HAVE TO TIP THE HOUSE FOR GOING INTO THE PRIVATE DANCE ROOM
all of my wat

Well atleast the girl was super sexy and gave an amazing dance. Plus in Montreal clubs are full contact.
>>
File: 1308493018120.jpg (25 KB, 175x154) Image search: [Google]
1308493018120.jpg
25 KB, 175x154
>>645992249
>hurrrr I went to a club and got fleeced
>complains about it
>>
>>645992249
>Go to a club called Kingdom
>Is treated like a peon
>Complains
>>
>>645989443
You don't tip a percentage of wine cost you fucking faggot, that's not how tipping works.

If I'm a server in a restaurant selling bottles of wine for hundreds of dollars, part of my expertise is knowing the nuances of each wine and helping you decide. It's not as easy as you telling me what wine you want and I got and fetch it. Source: Was server in high end steak house with extensive wine cellar.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 1224x1445
>>645978349 (OP)
I'm a line cook, and your retarded. I respect servers and the bullshit they are handed by people like you. you probably have never seen the back of house have you? The fucking shit me and my bros.(including servers) have to go through for you (the dumbass customer).
>>
>>645992249
Going to a club just sounds like ass rape for your wallet

You'd better have had the time of your life in there
>>
>>645989910
This. When I was a server, if my boss offered me $20/hr instead of taking tips I'd take that in a fucking second. 8 hour slow shift, still pocket 160 bucks (before taxes, I know)? Fuck yeah.
>>
>>645992550
This. But fuck restaurant wine mark-ups. It's like going out to eat and then being anally raped.
>>
>>645992229
sweet rebuttal dude.

>hurr durrrr not paying someone for work and being surprised that they won't do the the work anymore is being "entitled"

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. My position is quite clearly that employers should pay their employees and that tips should be optional. Nobody's *not* getting paid.
>>
>>645991887
>be mentally retarded
>be criminal
>no records anywhere
>order gun
>oh i see theres no bad records. heres your gun
>shoot up school
omgwecouldhavedonenothingtopreventthat.jpg

this is what americans actually believe
>>
>>645992679
No after I got the awesome dance I went to the club across the street and had the time of my life there. And I didnt have to tip 4 people on the way in and ended up getting a hand job.
>>
>>645990733
That's how a restaurant I served at tipped. It fucking sucked. I have good work ethic and would bust my ass, and pick up other people's slack. At the end of the night we get tipped the same.
>>
>>645978918
Yo, I totally agree with you. Don't behave like you are entitled to a tip, and I might tip.

Fuck all these MUH TIPS faggot ass bitches:
>>645979538
>>645979895
>>645981437
>>645981881
>>645982819
>>
>>645992679
Normally you sit or stand around getting your ears blasted, realize that all the hot girls are either with a rich guy, are prostitutes, or know the club owners (or several of all), pay $12 for a rum and coke and leave. If you're smart you learn from this experience.
>>
>>645992994
>>be mentally retarded
>>be criminal
>>no records anywhere

just stop stupid.
>>
>>645978349
Why are people not paid accordingly and have to rely on an antiquated system that only serves to Keep people from a fair wage.
>>
>>645993598
because "muh business" and faggots like those ITT that rage against tipping because their parents still do it for them
>>
>>645978918
What is your list?
>>
>>645978349
ive never met any server who would refuse $20 an hour over tips.

you might be confusing servers with bartenders/whores on wheels at clubs.
>>
>>645983057
>>645983182

I am ALSO a restaurant manager. [Italian restaurant near Dodgers stadium in Los angeles]

I pay my servers 22 dollars an hour. They can still accept tips, but the tips come to the counter where the customers pop it into a slot with their server's name. I take a portion of it, and in turn base their performance on the amount of tips they get. The highest tipped waiter can keep his whole tip jar for that week.

After I adopted this my profits has gone up about 6~7% since last quarter.
>>
>>645982835
Hey just because he's escaped the tard hatch doesn't mean all Americans are dumb. You nigger
>>
So just dont tip. Who gives a shit what they think of you
>>
>>645994137
Someone rational here ? Did you lost your way or something ?
>>
>>645994137
Who controls this "portion" that you take from their tips?
>>
Tips don't make any sense. Why should Applebees workers get tips? Mcdonalds workers dont... or Burger king?

Besides, Applebees doesn't even cook any of their food, they just reheat in microwaves. Their meat comes from factory with grill marks on it.

Workers at Applebees or Chilis don't work any harder than a Burger King worker.

Maybe for a high end restaurant tips make sense, where they cook everything fresh to order. But for low-tier restaurants like Applebees, it's bullshit.
>>
>>645994137
That's the stupidest system I've ever heard of. No experienced server would ever work for you. Not only are you a liar, but a retarded one at that.
>>
>>645994873
I do. It's my restaurant. But come the fuck on, I'm human. If X got 20 fucking dollars for the week I ain't gonna take a cut, I ain't a monster
>>
>>645995004
>what are wages laws
>what is a 12 year old faggot posting ignorance on 4chan
>>
>>645995102
Ma che sei grullo? I have three servers, very happy. What could I possibly gain from lying to you?
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.